Why is it always Atheists vs Christians?

[Writing in the third person], Jake cannot disprove my disprove of God's.

End of subject.

:lol: I don't have to disprove your inability in logic or philosophy.

Your own effort guts your arguments. Tis what tis. :lol:

:lol: You actually do have to disprove my disproof.

Do you recall you bet me $1,000,000 that you could disprove my disproof?

Disprove we made that bet or I'll expect my money in 24 hours.

Hollie, Hollie, Hollie, post the link, honey. :lol:

All atheists are 'religious' in that they have faith that a God whom they cannot disprove does in fact not exist.

Jake, Jake, Jake, pay up, shortstop.

How strange that suddenly, your “disprove it” argument (such that it is), doesn’t apply to you.
Let me remind you what you wrote:
“All atheists are 'religious' in that they have faith that a God whom they cannot disprove does in fact not exist.”

Well, dear, I actually can disprove gods. You cannot disprove it. Similarly, You agreed to pay me $1,000,000. Disprove it!

You cannot. Therefore, I want my money.

You have made this same nonsensical “you can’t disprove it” comment before. I would have thought that you were smart enough not to make this same error that your average fundie makes. Why is there a requirement to "not prove" gawds? You and I both know that there is no such requirement to disprove the non-existence of anything.

I addressed this fallacious and pointless claim elsewhere, but for the new folks:

You cannot require "disproof of that which is not" as a standard because you are establishing a fallacious standard. If you can demand, "Prove there is no gods" but not demand that the asserter of gods prove there is, then anyone can counter your demand using your own standard:

Thus, I do have proof disproving the existence of god, prove that I do not. See? You have established that "prove it isn't" is a viable standard, and I am merely accepting your standards and playing it right back at you. I cannot be held to task for this, since if it is okay for you to have such a standard, I can have such a standard as well.

Therefore, it must be the asserter of all positive (i.e., such and such exists) premises to prove their assertion. With equal validity, I cannot "prove there isn't" a Santa Claus, leprechauns, gnomes, werewolves, etc. etc. etc., but we do not go around insisting there be an establishment of proof of non-existence for those things. Why does the assertion of gods get past this same standard?

Could it be that it's comforting to have this illogical and contradictory "loophole"?

All atheists are 'religious' in that they have faith that a God whom they cannot disprove does in fact not exist.

So all believers are "faithless" to their deity since they cannot prove that it exists.

False analogy based on comparison. Believers are faithful, in other words, because the believe in a deity they cannot prove it exists.

Not in the least. Faithless means disloyal. Failing to prove the existence of your deity is the height of disloyalty.

A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies
This is exactly why atheism is not a religion. It is non- belief in any of that. Atheism has no beliefs whatsoever concerning anything. It is the simple rejection of all known religious beliefs. You are thoroughly confused as to what atheism actually is.

An agnostic fits your definition better than it does mine. They're the ones with no belief, one way or the other.

Atheists flat-out BELIEVE there is nothing.

But, whatever.
:cool:

So all believers are "faithless" to their deity since they cannot prove that it exists.

False analogy based on comparison. Believers are faithful, in other words, because the believe in a deity they cannot prove it exists.

Not in the least. Faithless means disloyal. Failing to prove the existence of your deity is the height of disloyalty.

Nah, you have to use traditional definitions and terms, not your own sense of meaning. And a non-believer never sets the standard for what is loyal or disloyal for a believer. Sorry, kid.

We all are geniuses compared Uncensored. I mean everyone: even koshergrl and IlarMeilyr. Course that shows just how stone-ass stupid Uncensored is, all the time, everywhere.

You aren't paying attention.

Sure he is, but he's a bigot and has zero integrity.

Shallow hates Christians because Christians are pro-American, promote civil rights, and oppose abortion.

Christians are the polar opposite of the goals of the extreme left.

I don't think we have the same definition of integrity..

Here's mine:
Definition of INTEGRITY
: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility
: an unimpaired condition : soundness
: the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness

This is probably yours:
Having a false or misleading appearance; fraudulent.
n.
1. One that is not authentic or genuine; a sham.

A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies
This is exactly why atheism is not a religion. It is non- belief in any of that. Atheism has no beliefs whatsoever concerning anything. It is the simple rejection of all known religious beliefs. You are thoroughly confused as to what atheism actually is.

An agnostic fits your definition better than it does mine. They're the ones with no belief, one way or the other.

But, whatever.
As I understand it, agnostics believe that there is a God but that he/she/it is unknowable. IOW, agnostics actually believe in a higher power whereas atheists do not.

Christians are the biggest on imposing their beliefs on others.

Right, Christians are always cutting peoples heads off, stoning women, and honor killing..

Oh wait, you're a fucking retard.

Mostly because you're a bigot.

Oh wait..yeah..they were and are..

And oh yeah..when compared to you? I'm a fucking genius.

See, here's sallow, arguably one of the dirt-dumbest posters here, certainly not well educated...maintaining that he has the magical intelligence that is granted to all atheists, no matter how humble their scholarly background or low their native intelligence.

Go figure.

But, whatever.
As I understand it, agnostics believe that there is a God but that he/she/it is unknowable. IOW, agnostics actually believe in a higher power whereas atheists do not.

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by God being 'unknowable'? Because we Muslims believe he is Unseen. I will elaborate on that more if you wish I do. Appreciate it.

Forum List

Back