Why is FOX so dominant????

The fact that you don't know anybody who attends the Tea Party rallies says volumes about your point of view, Ozmar. You must be 100% surrounded by pointy headed spawn from the hippie side of the 60's or something if you don't know ANY of the many hundreds of thousands if not millions of folks who have been involved.
Actually I'm not surrounded by those types either. I don't personally know any ETA (look that up on google) members. I guess that's willful ignorance on my part too. The fact that you think people who don't personally know Teabaggers must automatically associate with Hippie counterculturalists shows what rock you must live under. America has 300 million people. There are going to be a good portion of that 300 million who down hold you distorted, polarazed view of the world. But enough with your ad hominem.
If you DID know any of them, you would see that they are most of our neighbors, barbers, contractors, grocers, dog groomers, or shop keepers.
Maybe most of your neighbors. Again, 300 million people in America. There aren't even 150 million teabaggers. Somebody's numbers are off.
They are teachers and retired folks and college kids
And likewise people from all walks of life are not Teabaggers.
and they come in all colors, sizes, ethnic groups, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Indeed, but mostly middle class white.
And not one of them gives a flip about what news programs everybody else watches or whether they have an "R" or a "D" after their names.
But they mostly watch Fox News (the biggest Teabagger rally was orchestrated by Fox News, after all), and mostly want to shift the power of congress this midterm (the only way to do that is to give a Republican majority).
But since you DON'T know any of them and refuse to watch Fox News,
Actually, I do watch Fox News. Some of us enlightened individual watch all news sources and draw our own conclusions.
you obviously get the jaded and incorrect image
Mainly from idiots such as yourself.
that is spoon fed to you by whatever you are reading or watching.
Considering that I frequent message boards, watch multiples sources, and talk to people of all walks of life, I guess I'm being spoon fed a little of everything and not some party line.
Yes, you are.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Post #77 hit a nerve huh Ozmar? lol

Well his response to my post certainly sent my BS detector off the scale. . . :)

bullshit_detector4.jpg

I love how libs talk about FOX and their logo Fair and Balanced. But ignore that CNN is still peddling the "most trusted name in news" logo. LOL

Lets clear it up some more for ya' there, Rbean!
YouTube - How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters
And then there's this lil' gem from a dem:
YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!

And of course, any further proof necessary is provided every time YOU post!

So that one woman's sentiment is the sole reason Obama got elected?:cuckoo:

I'll concede that selecting Palin as his running mate swayed independents away from McCain. :lol:
Obama was elected by a bunch of fools who simply bought into a sappy assed campaign slogan. Friggin' dumbasses voted for an empty suit......But, thankfully, he'll officially be deemed a lame duck come November, and the liberal lunacy will come to an end. THANK GOD!

Thanks........this is exactly what Im talking about.........the hordes of the stupids get Dems elected every time. It has absoltuely NOTHING to do with their valued idea's!! See those people standing on the voting line behind the people being interviewed??? Fcukking zombies are more informed.:lol::lol: The politicans they vote for ensure they stay in shit up to their eyebrows too............its fcukking hysterical and they have zero clue. Govt 101 to them is knowing, "Ahh..........yes, thats a photo of the White House!!".

I do remember that black voter with the IQ of a small soap dish talking about Obama ensuring her mortgage was paid. w0w..........talk about epic letdown!!! Fcukking hysterical..........I'd pay a couple of hundred dollars to be right there when she said it!! It'd be a priceless moment in my life...........but alas!!!

LOL.....just found this.......the genius of the Obama supoorter................

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovcdb6csHBE&feature=fvw]YouTube - Barack Obama, Change We Can Believe In?[/ame]

So that one woman's sentiment is the sole reason Obama got elected?:cuckoo:

I'll concede that selecting Palin as his running mate swayed independents away from McCain. :lol:
Obama was elected by a bunch of fools who simply bought into a sappy assed campaign slogan. Friggin' dumbasses voted for an empty suit......But, thankfully, he'll officially be deemed a lame duck come November, and the liberal lunacy will come to an end. THANK GOD!

Thanks........this is exactly what Im talking about.........the hordes of the stupids get Dems elected every time. It has absoltuely NOTHING to do with their valued idea's!! See those people standing on the voting line behind the people being interviewed??? Fcukking zombies are more informed.:lol::lol: The politicans they vote for ensure they stay in shit up to their eyebrows too............its fcukking hysterical and they have zero clue. Govt 101 to them is knowing, "Ahh..........yes, thats a photo of the White House!!".

I do remember that black voter with the IQ of a small soap dish talking about Obama ensuring her mortgage was paid. w0w..........talk about epic letdown!!! Fcukking hysterical..........I'd pay a couple of hundred dollars to be right there when she said it!! It'd be a priceless moment in my life...........but alas!!!
LMAO!

The sad thing buddy, is that everything you just said is absolutely true!

God help this great country 'cause, there's a whole lotta stupid motherfuckers runnin' around it!

Fox is simply the best. It's no secret. Watch Bill O'Reilly for a week and then watch Keith Olbermann for a week. If you are even half human you will watch Bill simply for the beautiful babes and Dennis Miller. Miller makes me roll on the floor.

Watch Bill O'Reilly for a couple of minutes, you decide.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beJ9yJpR_DA&feature=related]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By Kid[/ame]

It is so sad to watch O'Reilly having to resort to talking over a young man who is obviously making very valid points that happen to be in contravention to O'Reilly's views.

But then, it's O'Reilly. We should not expect anything more.

Fox is simply the best. It's no secret. Watch Bill O'Reilly for a week and then watch Keith Olbermann for a week. If you are even half human you will watch Bill simply for the beautiful babes and Dennis Miller. Miller makes me roll on the floor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beJ9yJpR_DA&feature=related]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By Kid[/ame]

It is so sad to watch O'Reilly having to resort to talking over a young man who is obviously making very valid points that happen to be in contravention to O'Reilly's views.

The young man was making points that weren't true, and O'Reilly called him on it. He will do that every single time it happens no matter who is the guest. If there is any way possible he will do that while the guest is there rather than criticize the guest once he has no more opportunity to respond.

And these two got way more uninterrupted air time than most of O'Reilly's guests get. One of my frustrations with O'Reilly is that he does talk over his guests--ALL his guests--but he has a very tightly programmed show and only has so many minutes to get in the segment and he won't allow a guest to fillibuster all the time or control the content. So yeah, he can be annoying. But he did bring on both points of view and he gave them both opportunity to express them and he didn't invite controversial crazies to express them.

That's about as fair and balanced as you're ever going to find on one of these type programs.

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By Kid

The young man was making points that weren't true, and O'Reilly called him on it. He will do that every single time it happens no matter who is the guest. If there is any way possible he will do that while the guest is there rather than criticize the guest once he has no more opportunity to respond.

And these two got way more uninterrupted air time than most of O'Reilly's guests get. One of my frustrations with O'Reilly is that he does talk over his guests--ALL his guests--but he has a very tightly programmed show and only has so many minutes to get in the segment and he won't allow a guest to fillibuster all the time or control the content. So yeah, he can be annoying. But he did bring on both points of view and he gave them both opportunity to express them and he didn't invite controversial crazies to express them.

That's about as fair and balanced as you're ever going to find on one of these type programs.

The young man was making points that were true. He had a copy of the speech. Bill latched onto a part of the speech and took it out of context. Bill called him on it but would not let him explain how Bill had taken part of it out of context. Bill talked over the young man as he was trying to make his point. Bill is a joke. He still won’t answer questions about his relationship with Andrea Mackris (Why are the terms of the out-of-court agreement are confidential. Let’s have Bill open up.) but is all too ready to lecture others on sexual behavior. I wonder if he still condones ambush Journalism. It would sure be fun to see someone ambush him with questions.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FQ-V1Tj2As[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfrCSq2oW8&feature=related[/ame]

Yes. I like Keith. He cuts through Fox news and eats their commentators for lunch.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Keith O. does a great job doesn't he? Which is why he nets about 1/3 of the audience that O'Reilly gets in the same time slot, and while both were down somewhat in the second quarter this year, Keith slipped seriously in the money demographics - ages 25-54 - and he has been declining in that important market share every quarter for more than a year now. At that rate, they can't keep him much longer.

Oh yeah, Keith O. does a great job doesn't he? Which is why he nets about 1/3 of the audience that O'Reilly gets in the same time slot, and while both were down somewhat in the second quarter this year, Keith slipped seriously in the money demographics - ages 25-54 - and he has been declining in that important market share every quarter for more than a year now. At that rate, they can't keep him much longer.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/3...-vs-brown-vs-grace-cable-news-ratings-3/40622

Oh well. I'm not debating the ratings war.
There is no accounting for taste.
I just happen to like Keith’s show.

Last edited:

I don't think you can conclude that the ratings are a matter of taste. The ratings are a matter of substance. Olbermann's audience is mostly those who delight in having rightwingers of all stripes beat up on, no matter how much out of context he has to take stuff in order to do it, and that's pretty much all he does. However annoying O'Reilly's personality and/or mehods might be, he deals in current events and substantive issues in a way largely missing on Olbermann's show.

Wait. Did I have a discussion like this with George Costanza awhile back? That preferring school yard taunts, innuendo, and put downs IS a matter of taste? Maybe so. I can't remember.

But you can go right down the line on all of Fox's programming and find those current events and substantive issues explored at least sufficiently the audience knows what the issue is. Much of the time that is difficult to find on the other cable news programs.

So. . . .Fox continues to command more market share than CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and HLN combined in almost all time slots.

I don't think you can conclude that the ratings are a matter of taste. The ratings are a matter of substance. Olbermann's audience is mostly those who delight in having rightwingers of all stripes beat up on, no matter how much out of context he has to take stuff in order to do it, and that's pretty much all he does. However annoying O'Reilly's personality and/or mehods might be, he deals in current events and substantive issues in a way largely missing on Olbermann's show.

Wait. Did I have a discussion like this with George Costanza awhile back? That preferring school yard taunts, innuendo, and put downs IS a matter of taste? Maybe so. I can't remember.

But you can go right down the line on all of Fox's programming and find those current events and substantive issues explored at least sufficiently the audience knows what the issue is. Much of the time that is difficult to find on the other cable news programs.

So. . . .Fox continues to command more market share than CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and HLN combined in almost all time slots.
Great points!.......It would be interesting to see if Olbermann, or even Opie Maddow interviewed even one righty they vehemently bash with nothing but tired liberal talking point BS.....They're both cowards to the core. They are Soros lackeys, nothing more....Believing anything they say is tantamount to panning for fools gold........And as we all see, the ratings fully prove that only the farthest left of the left buy into their BS.

Same thing here on USMB. You get the same tired talking points of why the right is wrong on what general welfare means, how government can better your life with just giving up a little control of your wallet and life and that Bush did everything wrong while Obama is blameless since birth.

Facts, history and deficits be damned libs will save us all. Seriously, I spend way too much time trying to point out stupid here. I'd love a day where I could rationally talk to a liberal and reach some type of mutually agreeable compromise. Every once and a while Rightwinger or some others give me hope.

Forum List

Back