Why is FOX so dominant????

I disagree.

You're welcome to. Doesn't make you correct, especially when you espouse a lot of opinion as fact without a single link supporting your claim.

The majority of Americans are right of center on most of the main issues

Yeah, link please!!

Very whatevery.... For every example you cite, I can provide two that shows Fox fudging facts and inserting RW opinion in their news presentation.

Cut the crap. Shall we review the vast glacier of corporate-adverse and pro-privatized war stories that ALL the major networks have ignored the past 7 years? If CNN and company were "liberal," where is their anti-war voice? Oh, that's right.... It never provided both sides for that. Never.

And Fox News and Conservative talk radio plus a few rightwing websites are the ONLY sources giving any attention at all to those 'little stories' Fitz was talking about up there.

You just underlined the entire premise of my previous post, despite "disagreeing" with it. Fox is the only network that feeds you guys the news the way you want to hear it in your head, so Fox receives the consolidated viewership of the right. That does not speak to their perpetually fraudulent news presentation.

You simply cannot get around the fact that if you add up the market share for CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and HLN, Fox News continues to beat all those others combined. If those others were allowing even half the balanced coverage that Fox provides, you would see much different margins in market share.

This is such a steaming pile of horse shit. It has NOTHING to do with "balanced coverage," and EVERYTHING to do with demographics and ideology. Only idiots who can't think for themselves rely on network news anyway.

If you were to somehow add independent sources of journalism to that rating comparison, like Pacifica, NPR and Slate -- which are what young people turn to anyway -- and your Faux total is dwarfed and put into proper perspective: i.e. >< meaningless.

:eusa_shhh:

lol NPR is independent news? ROFLMAO

So basically what you are saying is. Lying liberal biased news is good, Lying conservative biased news is bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

You give us just speculation and guess work concerning those who watch MSNBC vs. Fox. You also resort to name-calling against those who like to watch Keith. Oh well. It would be interesting to see some actual in-depth statistical research as to why people watch MSNBC / Fox.

Check out post #114 s0n............you might not like it and/or not get it, but thats the way it is.........then go back and read my post. Only members with the political IQ of a small soap dish dont understand the MSNBC disasterous ratings dynamic. Indeed..........just look how this nothing thread has attracted virtually every single far left of center k00k on the forums. Happens with every thread with "FOX" in the title..........these members go mental. Its because they know FOX blows up all their BS.........and they fcukking hate it!!!

Post # 114 is simple opinion daddy-o.
I concede that Fox has high ratings.
The question (still to be answered) is: why?
I contend that it is because people like ambush journalism exemplified by Bill.
People also like to make fun of his pompous arrogant style.
Keith eats the right for lunch.

Yeah.....he eats the right for lunch.......but only a handful are watching and ALL of them are 21%ers, thus, you contend but you do it incorrectly. Orielly pulls plenty of people from the center..........Olbermann pulls zero people from the center, thus, the highly scewed ratings.

The problem that Matts has is that he thinks that the country leans left.

The other thing is...........mostly men are drawn to these shows. Keith Olbermann personifies the type of kid you couldnt stand in school. Guys like him were classified as weenies/poindexters.........the type that would rat out their classmates for extra credit. He's not a regular guy. He exudes gay = has a very feminine manner to his presentation. That never resonates with regular guys. This is another thing not understood by liberals, many of whom are limpwristers, and I dont mean gay. I mean the males who never got picked for the team or stood on the sidelines at parties with their thumb up their asses. Limpwristers naturally connect with Olbermann.

olbermann_keiith_pate-1.jpg

Charles Main knows EXACTLY what Im talking about..................

Last edited:
Check out post #114 s0n............you might not like it and/or not get it, but thats the way it is.........then go back and read my post. Only members with the political IQ of a small soap dish dont understand the MSNBC disasterous ratings dynamic. Indeed..........just look how this nothing thread has attracted virtually every single far left of center k00k on the forums. Happens with every thread with "FOX" in the title..........these members go mental. Its because they know FOX blows up all their BS.........and they fcukking hate it!!!

Yeah.....he eats the right for lunch.......but only a handful are watching and ALL of them are 21%ers, thus, you contend but you do it incorrectly. Orielly pulls plenty of people from the center..........Olbermann pulls zero people from the center, thus, the highly scewed ratings.

The other thing is...........mostly men are drawn to these shows. Keith Olbermann personifies the type of kid you couldnt stand in school. Guys like him were classified as weenies/poindexters.........the type that would rat out their classmates for extra credit. He's not a regular guy. He exudes gay = has a very feminine manner to his presentation. That never resonates with regular guys. This is another thing not understood by liberals, many of whom are limpwristers, and I dont mean gay. I mean the males who never got picked for the team or stood on the sidelines at parties with their thumb up their asses. Limpwristers naturally connect with Olbermann.

Whatever. Explain to me how America, which is supposedly right-of-center, voted for Obama?

Anyway, I still like Keith. I loved it when he took Sean Hannity up on his offer to be water-boarded for charity. Keith offered $1000 per second. Yet, I don’t think that Sean ever responded.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-YSlARDNxs&feature=related]YouTube - Hannity Agrees To Waterboarding; Olbermann Antes Up[/ame]

Spongebob Squarepants, WWE Wrestling, reruns of CSI, and Hannah Montana all DOMINATE Fox in ratings. Fox's ratings are miniscule compared to these shows, much less any big network show.

So if you think ratings equal quality, you're saying Hannah Montana >> Glenn Beck, right?

Whatever. Explain to me how America, which is supposedly right-of-center, voted for Obama?
Are you really this slow, or are you being cute.

Because Obama the Candidate is not who is in the WH right now.

Obama ran as a Centrist, He talked about stuff that convinced enough center right people to vote for him to win. he also benefited from how terrible Bush was which motivated a massive turn out for Democrats.

Then he took office and moved so far to the left so fast he left everyone spinning :) and the Business world so uncertain of what is coming next the are frozen in place.

Last edited:

Obama ran as a Centrist, He talked about stuff that convinced enough center right people to vote for him to win. he also benefited from how terrible Bush was which motivated a massive turn out for Democrats.

Then he took office and moved so far to the left so fast he left everyone spinning :) and the Business world so uncertain of what is coming next the are frozen in place.

Obama ran left of McCain. If America were really right-of-center, then McCain would be president. Enough said.

Obama ran left of McCain. If America were really right-of-center, then McCain would be president. Enough said.

I've clearly let you run free too long mattymatt. McCain was portrayed as Bush chapter 3. Obama was Mr. Change and Hope. Any of this starting to comeback? That itself was huge, but combined with the Centrist positions Obama took it kept his appeal broad. Do you even remember what you ate for breakfast?

Christ. You righties are so delusional it's scary.

The reason that fox is so dominant is because people with idiotic beliefs that don't follow logical sense need people to constantly pump false ideas up their ass else they fall apart under the massive amount of bullshit that makes them up. End of story. You all can't see that, because you simply won't, because you're ego is too intertwined with a concept of America that you're fathers and mothers taught you, and those in your small little town, and you have never challenged it on your own and thought to think for yourself. It's kind of 'being cool' to believe what you believe, and all of the ego heads have turned fox into this elite club where everything they think and believe is right, and everyone is out of the club, all of them insulating each other against the possibility of intrusion by different beliefs into their own belief structure, which shapes the way they see the world, and the strength of their beliefs is in direct proportion to their psychological need simply to reinforce notions that strengthen their ego. Some lefties are guilty of this too, as it is part of the human condition to be vulnerable, and seek things that appear to diminish this vulnerability- the ego. This is a false construction that only leads to the intolerance and hate growing by engendering an 'us versus them' attitude, apparent most notably within the republican party.

I bet you have an incredibly large percentage of republicans who literally need to watch fox to feel like someone else believe what they do, and have a very small percentage of liberals of who watch cnn or msnbc, because they lack this need to listen their own beliefs spewed back at them, because they don't require reinforcement to for their beliefs to simply exist on their own.

Oh, and another reason is what I like to call the "Howard Stern" affect. The stuff they say on fox is so shocking and ridiculous, and it makes you so mad, that you have to watch just to see what kind of stupid shit they are going to say next. People don't watch NBC as much because they spew things that are common sense, and people who understand that don't need it pumped upped their ass, because it's logical, and stands on it's own, without having to be reinforced.

You all, getting all excited that you share this enthusiasm for fox news, reminds me of a cult. A deluded cult who need eachother to validate their beliefs. Without eachother making one another feel validated, you're beliefs would fall under their own lack of a real supportive structure. It is an illusion. You're arguements lack cohesion and logic, and are fueled simply by the desire to uphold them allowed by personal denial of insecurity, and latching on these false notions of America to escape personal problems. It's really the same idea as terrorists and skin heads, who are so poor, destitute, or pathetic, that they seek an escape in the acceptance of an extreme ideology that almost obliterates the self and brings people together in a single goal, usually one marred by intolerance, hate, and violence, to strengthen the idea of the self, the ego, the "us versus them" attitude, which is exactly the attitude the right garner and exude every time they open their mouth to speak on politics.

Last edited:

s0n............may I suggest you take a gandor over to People.com and blog over there. You're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of your league. You have the poltical IQ of a coffee cup handle.

Christ. You righties are so delusional it's scary.

I bet you have an incredibly large percentage of republicans who literally need to watch fox to feel like someone else believe what they do, and have a very small percentage of liberals of who watch cnn or msnbc, because they lack this need to listen their own beliefs spewed back at them, because they don't require reinforcement to for their beliefs to simply exist on their own.

Clearly............. an analysis by a genius!!!:beer:

Spongebob Squarepants, WWE Wrestling, reruns of CSI, and Hannah Montana all DOMINATE Fox in ratings. Fox's ratings are miniscule compared to these shows, much less any big network show.

So if you think ratings equal quality, you're saying Hannah Montana >> Glenn Beck, right?

You got it. Hanna Montana pretty much equals Glenn Beck.

You had better watch out for Black surbabans , etc since you have figured it out.

Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, September 15, 2010
By Bill Gorman– September 16, 2010
Posted in: Cable News Daily Ratings

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
Glenn Beck – 1,936,000 viewers (474,000) (898,000)
Situation Room—588,000 viewers (99,000) (178,000)
Hardball w/ C. Matthews – 526,000 viewers (192,000) (256,000):funnyface:
Fast Money–233,000 viewers (a scratch w/41,000) (100,000)
Showbiz Tonight — 191,000 viewers (64,000) (78,000)

6PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
Special Report w/ Bret Baier – 1,886,000 viewers (366,000) (683,000)
Situation Room—491,000 viewers (98,000) (190,000)
Ed Show —684,000 viewers (180,000) (305,000):funnyface:
Mad Money —a scratch w/117,000 viewers (a scratch w/ 35,000) (65,000)
Prime News – 174,000 viewers (81,000) (112,000)

7PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
The Fox Report w/ Shep – 1,519,000 viewers (302,000) (640,000)
John King USA – 407,000 viewers (124,000) (201,000)
Hardball w/ C. Matthews – 710,000 viewers (168,000) (354,000)
Kudlow Report– 131,000 viewers (a scratch w/29,000) (66,000)
Issues – 309,000 viewers (126,000) (181,000)

8PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
The O’Reilly Factor– 3,018,000 viewers (702,000) (1,403,000)
Rick’s List –393,000 viewers (122,000) (192,000)
Countdown w/ K. Olbermann – 1,198,000 viewers (330,000) (611,000):funnyface:
Meeting Minds: Leadership– a scratch w/91,000 viewers (a scratch w/27,000) (a scratch w/35,000)
Nancy Grace – 512,000 viewers (158,000) (222,000)

RED = far left news guy fAiL

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops!!!!!!

Which means what exactly? Those shows apparently also trounce MSNBC and CNN...so what?? This comment does not help your argument....no matter how many times you folks say it. :cuckoo:

s0n............may I suggest you take a gandor over to People.com and blog over there. You're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of your league. You have the poltical IQ of a coffee cup handle.

This right-of-center America gave Clinton 8 years in office whereas Bush barely won the 2000 presidential election.

Thanks for the irrelevant erroneous personal attacks. It is probably typical of people with your political ideology. Such class. LOL.

Last edited:
Fox is dominant because it is thought provoking. Instead of supplying you with koolaid and feel good comedy, you are given issues and problems in context.

As a side note, how is your local paper these days? Ours is almost devoid of real journalism. Gone are the days of the how, what, where, when, why and meaning. Investigative reporting? Can't do that, we might offend someone. The whole industry is infected.

There are more conservatives with an inordinate interest in politics than there are liberals.

If that were true Obama would not be President.

Is it possible you meant there are more conservatives with an active interest in politics at present than active liberals?

Forum List

Back