Why is FOX so dominant????

Discussion in 'Media' started by skookerasbil, Sep 16, 2010.

1. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,240
    Why is FOX so dominant.........and more importantly, why are the cable ratings of news shows so out of balance relataive to the political make-up of the country????

You go look at the cable ratings of shows like "Countdown" on MSNBC, or "Maddow" on MSNBC or frankly any of the other shows on MSNBC or CNN.............they are so low its hysterical. According to CABLENews.com, anything less than 1 million viewers is "off the air" according to industry standards. They are a goof when compared to ANY news show on FOX!!!

But why???

I'll tell you exactly why..............and it proves my point exactly that if not for the dummies of the world, the Democratic party wouldnt get a sniff. In other words, Democrats would never be elected into any office without the majority of its voters being...........well, shall we say, simpletons??!!! How many of the people who go into a voting booth to vote for a Democrat understand economics or, for example, the necessary tradeoffs of government intervention in the marketplace. I'll tell you how many..........a very small percentage. The people watching MSNBC. Who are they? Again..........I'll tell you exactly who they are. People who watch MSNBC are ideologues and America haters. Its the same bunch who tune in every night..........and even that number is laughable. "Countdown"'s rating numbers are laughable. Regular programming with those #'s go off the air all the time. Meanwhile, somebody like Glenn Beck is now approaching 5 million viewers:eek:

Those who are naturally reasonable and view most things in life with a measure of common sense..........who do these people tune into? FOX:lol: People also know that anywhere else they go.......but especially places like MSNBC or CNN..........they are going to get the same canned sh!t they get on NBC, CBS, and ABC.

Thus, the domination of FOX s0ns:funnyface:

It must suck to tune in every night to shows like "The Rachael Maddow Show" and think to yourself, "Shit........everything she's saying is so on target!!! Then how come nobody watches this show and embraces these views??"

C'mon assholes...............most voters who pull the lever for Democrats need to be begged to go to the polls and many are actually driven there by fcukking bus!!! How many of them know about or have even heard about "porkbarrel spending" or "cap and trade"? If there is a giveaway to be had, THATS the guy they are voting for!!!:woohoo:

The independents who now know they've been bamboozled?

They're tuning in FOX s0ns!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    One reason.The are the only ones piping out right leaning news. Everyone else on TV is left of center.

They own the market share.

3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,723
    TV News, newspapers, magazines, radio talks shows, etc. are all the same. Each has it's own particular slant on the news. I long for a return to the good old days when they all just reported the facts and you had to make up your own minds as to what it all meant. My wife tells me what to think. I don't need any other outside sources to tell me how I should view a particular news incident.

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,731
    Fox rules because it's honest. Ever compare Fox and the MSNBC crap? Right. There is no comparison when it comes to fair, balanced and honest. Fox rules the other is for fools.

:clap2::clap2: I'm just a little old southern poet.

5. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    they have hotter female anchors and commentators, duh.

Julie Banderas.... *drool*

6. Jack Fate

Jack Fate I'm Your Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  7. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,163
    Wow! Thanks for sharing. You really have a way of proving a point. CONcise, clear, fair, balanced and insightful.

8. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    People like fiction.

9. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,163
    Watch Bill O'Reilly for a couple of minutes, you decide.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beJ9yJpR_DA&feature=related]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By Kid[/ame]

10. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    I gotta agree with CM about market share. The center right is vastly underserved and the center left market is just saturated. I do disagree with the poster who said they miss the "good old days" when reporters just reported the facts. There never was such a time in the entire history of the world. (and thats not such a bad thing really)