Why is everyone outraged at Ivanka Trump for using her personal email?

`
I had no problem with the investigation and possible prosecution of Hillary Clinton involving her emails. I will treat Ivanka trump exactly the same.

A president daughter?

Who didn't have a server stashed in a closet?

The federal law which applies to Crooked Ivanka has to do with personal EMAIL accounts. It has nothing to do with a personal server.

Try again.
Who in government doesn't have personal email accounts? Comey has them, Mueller has them, everyone has them. Its how they use them and if any classified info was mishandled that matters. Thanks for playing.

I don’t dispute either of those, but your statement is not complete. Only a couple emails were retroactively deemed classified so she didn’t knowingly transmit classified info. Her actions were deemed careless but not criminal.

You're glossing over one simple FACT; Hillary's actions were ILLEGAL. She should have been prosecuted and she should have faced the consequences. You or I would have been sent to prison.

On another note, her deletion of 30,000 emails and erasing hard drives and hammering devices into oblivion demonstrated her obvious knowledge of guilt and her efforts to cover up her crimes.

An objective Attorney General would have indicted her. Obviously, Loretta Lynch was a hardcore, partisan hack. Of course, the left had NO PROBLEM with the fact she didn't "recuse" herself.

Another fact is that a prosecution of Hillary would have revealed Obama's malfeasance, and Lynch certainly wasn't going to go there. No wonder Hillary knew all along she would skate.

I don’t dispute either of those, but your statement is not complete. Only a couple emails were retroactively deemed classified so she didn’t knowingly transmit classified info. Her actions were deemed careless but not criminal.

You're glossing over one simple FACT; Hillary's actions were ILLEGAL. She should have been prosecuted and she should have faced the consequences. You or I would have been sent to prison.

On another note, her deletion of 30,000 emails and erasing hard drives and hammering devices into oblivion demonstrated her obvious knowledge of guilt and her efforts to cover up her crimes.

An objective Attorney General would have indicted her. Obviously, Loretta Lynch was a hardcore, partisan hack. Of course, the left had NO PROBLEM with the fact she didn't "recuse" herself.

Another fact is that a prosecution of Hillary would have revealed Obama's malfeasance, and Lynch certainly wasn't going to go there. No wonder Hillary knew all along she would skate.
I don’t agree about the prosecution. I think the FBI who investigated the matter and is much more familiar with the details around the law are better qualified than you or I to make that determination. However given your position I will expect you to be pushing for Ivankas jailing should one of the emails sent or received through her private account be deemed classified or confidential.

I will expect you to be pushing for Ivankas jailing should one of the emails sent or received through her private account be deemed classified or confidential.

If Ivanka transmitted or received classified information through her private server, then she should be prosecuted and, if found guilty, she should face the same penalty that anyone not named "Hillary Clinton" would face. Fair enough?

I don’t agree about the prosecution. I think the FBI who investigated the matter and is much more familiar with the details around the law are better qualified than you or I to make that determination.

The FBI doesn't make the determination as to whether or not someone is prosecuted. That is the domain of the Justice Department. In any event, Hillary broke the law and got off. End of story.

I will expect you to be pushing for Ivankas jailing should one of the emails sent or received through her private account be deemed classified or confidential.

If Ivanka transmitted or received classified information through her private server, then she should be prosecuted and, if found guilty, she should face the same penalty that anyone not named "Hillary Clinton" would face. Fair enough?
Yes, I would expect you to take that position. I for one don’t think Ivanka should be arrested unless it surfaces that she was intentionally funneling classified info through an outside account. I didn’t see eveidence that Clinton did that so I think the whole thing got blown out of proportion for political purposes.

Government email accounts constantly go down and have trouble connecting to mobile devices so I understand why many gov employees conduct casual communications with outside accounts. That’s fine in my opinion as long as it’s casual correspondence. But anything classified or work related should be reserved for the secure gov account.

I don’t agree about the prosecution. I think the FBI who investigated the matter and is much more familiar with the details around the law are better qualified than you or I to make that determination.

The FBI doesn't make the determination as to whether or not someone is prosecuted. That is the domain of the Justice Department. In any event, Hillary broke the law and got off. End of story.
Trumps DOJ didn’t prosecute... why?

it's called the hypocrisy of the left, it's ok for Hillary but not anyone associated with Trump
The left has always made it clear it wasn’t okay what Hillary did. It just didn’t disqualify her as president by itself. Your hypocrisy is justifying Ivanka’s use.

As far as we can tell Ivanka saved all the emails, did not delete them, did not destroy hardware and devices after she received a subpoena, was not running a private server in her basement, and wasn't handling info that was classified. And then oh yeah, once she figured out the rules her computer use was corrected.

Other than that, her and Hillary's case is exactly the same.

...unless it surfaces that she was intentionally funneling classified info through an outside account. I didn’t see eveidence that Clinton did that...

Really? LOL. The whole purpose of setting up a private server was so that Hillary could escape transparency and congressional oversight. She then transmitted over 100 classified documents through her "outside account". She got caught, red-handed, and skated.

...unless it surfaces that she was intentionally funneling classified info through an outside account. I didn’t see eveidence that Clinton did that...

Really? LOL. The whole purpose of setting up a private server was so that Hillary could escape transparency and congressional oversight. She then transmitted over 100 classified documents through her "outside account". She got caught, red-handed, and skated.
You don’t know why she did anything. You make presumptions and then assign criminal intent. None of that is truth, it’s simply your biased opinion.

I don't know. What I do know is that Hillary broke the law and skated.
I think the fact that the Trump DOJ didn’t prosecute flys in the face of what you think you know. There’s much more to the situation than what you present, it’s not as simple as try and make it.

Let's try to make this simple. Here are two easy questions.

1) Is it legal for government employees to transmit or receive classified materials through their private server or private email?

2) Did Hillary transmit and receive classified materials through her private server?

You don’t know why she did anything. You make presumptions and then assign criminal intent. None of that is truth, it’s simply your biased opinion.

You tell me. Why did Hillary set up a private server through which she conducted official government business?

I don't know. What I do know is that Hillary broke the law and skated.
I think the fact that the Trump DOJ didn’t prosecute flys in the face of what you think you know. There’s much more to the situation than what you present, it’s not as simple as try and make it.

Let's try to make this simple. Here are two easy questions.

1) Is it legal for government employees to transmit or receive classified materials through their private server or private email?

2) Did Hillary transmit and receive classified materials through her private server?
Depends and Yes. The degree of “Illegality” depends on the offense. It could be a felony, misdemeanor or infraction of procedure depending on the details of the offense.

Some people who break the law get a ticket and pay a fine, some get warnings, some get arrested and go to jail.

You tell me. Why did Hillary set up a private server through which she conducted official government business?
I’m not going to presume to know her reasoning. There are several reasons I can think of. If I were to wager a guess I would say she wanted to keep her correspondence more secure being the high profile person that she was. Why she used it for government correspondence?? Again, could be many different reasons? Laziness, convenience, simplicity, shadiness, ignorance... who knows

Hillary was caught red-handed engaging in major felonies that would have sent you or I to prison, and she skated and nearly became president. Am I correct to presume that you had NO PROBLEM with Hillary getting off?
`
Please follow the topic, Ivanka trump. If Hillary interests you, you might want to start a separate topic on that.

Forum List

Back