Why is climate science political?

Errors of Omission for money, how convenient, and how political.

So how do you explain all of the conservative parties disagreeing with you and backing climate change?

UK Conservative Party

The Government believes that climate change is one of the gravest threats we face, and that urgent action at home and abroad is required. We need to use a wide range of levers to cut carbon emissions, decarbonise the economy and support the creation of new green jobs and technologies. We will implement a full programme of measures to fulfil our joint ambitions for a low carbon and eco-friendly economy.

The Conservative Party | Policy | Where we stand | Climate Change and Energy

So how do you explain all of the conservative parties disagreeing with you and backing climate change?

UK Conservative Party

The Government believes that climate change is one of the gravest threats we face, and that urgent action at home and abroad is required. We need to use a wide range of levers to cut carbon emissions, decarbonise the economy and support the creation of new green jobs and technologies. We will implement a full programme of measures to fulfil our joint ambitions for a low carbon and eco-friendly economy.

So, gullible Brits want to embrace economic ruin in order to try and change the weather... So what?

Why is climate science political?

Because the IPCC is political.

Because "peer review" is political.

Because all of its "researchers" require continued funding from the political class.

Because all of its "solutions" are political.

And you just kinda decided all this, right?

There is absolutely no evidence at all of any of this....I just laugh when I here people say research is political, I really do. (My wife is a PhD researcher)

I suspect at any moment we'll here the Illuminati are behind climate change research.

if peer (pal) review wasnt political to some extent then how do you explain Mann being able to get away with using the upsidedown Tiljander cores? why hasnt outside science come down hard on this and demanded a retraction?

So, gullible Brits want to embrace economic ruin in order to try and change the weather... So what?

So do the French, the Germans, The Finns, The Kiwis, the Swedes, the Belgians, the Dutch.....

There is a point when you surely have to ask yourself - why do so many conservative parties not agree with you on this?

I mean....it IS all political, right?

UK Conservative Party

You're trying to me me responsible for what goes on in a foreign country, or 30 foreign countries, Saigon?

I don't remember my being pushed into being Empress of the Conservative Scientific Universe anytime recently. Do I really have to be? :D

So do the French, the Germans, The Finns, The Kiwis, the Swedes, the Belgians, the Dutch.....

There is a point when you surely have to ask yourself - why do so many conservative parties not agree with you on this?

I mean....it IS all political, right?
You really should have watched Oddball's Bob Carlin to the finish, Saigon. It would do you do-gooders good to do so.

if peer (pal) review wasnt political to some extent then how do you explain Mann being able to get away with using the upsidedown Tiljander cores? why hasnt outside science come down hard on this and demanded a retraction?

I'm not sure how much you know about peer review, but it is a brutal and exacting process. It's well worth going to watch a dissertation defense to get an idea of how it works. (They are usually open to the public to help ensure transparency).

How many PhDs do you hear about being plagiarised?

Maybe 1 in 10,000? Maybe 1 in 100,000?

Probably the same with poor science. In some fields it isn't always easy to find someone whose speciality area is so close to the topic of the PhD that they can analyse it adequately. Here in Finland we routinely bring in people from the UK or US to ensure the person is a real expert, but there can always be that 1 in 10,000 error.

It's pretty weird to suggest that problems like that are commonplace.

You're trying to me me responsible for what goes on in a foreign country, or 30 foreign countries, Saigon?

No, I am trying to make you realise that climate change can not really be a left wing conspiracy when most major conservative parties insist that it is not a left wing conspiracy.

The politicization of climate sciences seems to be a US phenomena...not sure why that is, although the poster who mentioned the lobbyists earlier might have a point there.

I'm not sure how much you know about peer review, but it is a brutal and exacting process. It's well worth going to watch a dissertation defense to get an idea of how it works. (They are usually open to the public to help ensure transparency).
Wen the peer review is all based upon the original work (which, oh by the way, has been destroyed) of charlatans and frauds, then you don't have a popcorn fart.

Climate science is political because it involves maintaining the commons. We do that through government, so solving the problem inevitably involves politics - people have different opinions on what the appropriate solution is. And. to the extent that some people are eager to 'find' evidence that supports their favored solution, the science itself becomes questionable and, unfortunately, subject to politically motivated campaigns.

See, this is the key point. The data "proving" Anthropogenic Climate Change/Global Warming/It's man's fault dammit" is NOT accurate data. There are tons of problems with the theory... and that's what it is... a theory, that Mankind is the prime mover behind every change in climate. It flies against basic logic, and the mechanisms chose to be hyped as the methodology in which it happens can be shown to be flawed by 8th grade Earth Science data. Their tools and models have been shown to be either accidentally or deliberately corrupted to find pre-chosen results and essentially discredited. Even normally trustworthy tools have discovered to have 'slipped' or deliberately altered to get the results.

The green movement is not scientific. It is a political movement to global ecofascism where an oligarchy of like minded Malthusian Luddites control what lives people can have in some arrogant vainglorious attempt of believing Man is all-powerful over the Earth and must 'save' it from us as well as 'save' ourselves from ourselves.

Right....the green movement is not scientific, and yet the National Academies of 30 odd countries, and at least another 30 major scientific bodies all people humans play a role in the climate.

I don't know about you guys, but if I was going to say that the National Academy of Physicists and the Royal Academy of Sciences were wrong - I'd want a lot of science on my side.

Instead what I see are strings of accusations with very little science.

It reminds me a bit of Holocaudt Denial (no offense intended, it's only an analogy) in that it is easy to say the Holocaust never happened - but difficult to explain where the 6 million Jews went.
Follow the money, follow the power.

Every one of those organizations stands to lose LOTS of money and power by being honest.

To tie it to 'holocaust denial' is the acme of demagoguery.

Here are the "peers" doing all the "review":

trenberth.gif

"The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't."

philjones_s.jpg

BBC: Do you agree that from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming.
Phil Jones: Yes...

200px-Mann4.jpg

Kevin (Trenberth) and I will keep them (the papers of skeptic Steven McIntyre) out (of the IPCC) somehow - even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!

When the left hijacked the environmental movement to obtain political goals. They made it political. Watermelon men, the whole whacked out bunch of 'em.

Try reading the thread again - most conservative parties in the world are not in your camp.
Good exposure of your political/religious bias FOR AGW.

And 'conservative' parties in the Europe run at about the same level of liberalism as the Democrats in the US. Your whole political spectrum is shifted much farther left than the US.

Get back to us when you start talking about small government and individual liberty. Two nearly alien concepts in Europe.

Welcome to Realville assholes..................

You can post up 1,000 links about the "real science"........but in 2012..........nobody..........fucking ...........cares. None of that shit matters.........none of it. It is embraced only be those who have no ability to think on the margin.

Its like this..............put this problem solver question to a far left guy and its the ultimate brain teaser.

The far left guy has $200 left to his name. He needs food, but also wants that new iPhone that just came out. Far left guy will not be able to accept that you cant do both. Far left guy cant comprehend that in life, there are such things as necessary tradeoffs.

Thanksfully for the rest of us..........far left guys are fringe on the political spectrum, thus, all the hooting and hollering are never going to matter in the bigger picture. WHich is exactly why Crap And Tax went belly up. The majority on the public realizes that you cant have your cake and eat it too. Its that simple. Sure the public have some concerns.............maybe...............sometimes...........about climate change, but having the ability to think on the margin, they are not going to accept a standard of living that is mid-1850's!! They're just not. In fact, most say, "FUCK YOU!!!" to the mere prospect. What? Like people are going to say, "Yeah..........maybe this global warming bites us in the ass in 50 years..........but fuck if Im having my eletric bill double because of it. Fuck if Im going to let the governmen dictate to me that I must put in a $60K solar roof when I might not even be alive when I'm in black ink!!! Fuck if Im letting the government have me close my fireplace permanently. Fuck if Im going to drive around in a little shitbox two seater death trap car just so the environmental radicals can feel less guilty!!!"

Why do you think the most significant legiislation on green in the past 3 years was this light bulb thing? You stupid morons.........its because nobody, but nobody gives a crap or they'd be banging the fucking door of their legislator down demanding caps on carbon emmissions. They're not................in fact, its dead as a doornail and zero prospects for it to resurface. ( unless Alaska goes 70 degrees for a month in January and people are out waterskiing the lakes near Anchorage:fu::fu::fu: ).

Indeed it is political s0ns..............thats the way it works in America. Screw the phoney science and the mental cases who need to hit the reset button on the OCD stuff. Focus on something instead that mattters............and somthing able to be proved for that matter. Because speculation is gay in the real world!!!:gay:

Last edited:
I don't see science as being a political issue.

Good governance should be about acting on accurate scientific data - not about distorting the truth, hiding from it, or pretending the facts are not what they are.

While I think the use of nuclear vs renewables is a political issue around the world, only in the US (and to a lesser extent, Australia) does climate change seem to be political.

The Conservative parties of the UK, France, Germany, Finland, Denmark, New Zealand and host of others ALL accept that human acitivty may be playing a role in climate change, and have developed policies to suit.

In many cases, this means nuclear.

But why do some Americans seem to think climate change is left wing conspiracy, when most conservatives around the world are saying the opposite?

Because climate "Science" is not science; it's an effort to shut down Western civilization.

That's the consistent theme throughout: we can't show you how it works, but we know for certain that you have to eliminate American's ability to generate power to combat it.

Here are the "peers" doing all the "review":

trenberth.gif

"The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't."

philjones_s.jpg

BBC: Do you agree that from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming.
Phil Jones: Yes...

200px-Mann4.jpg

Kevin (Trenberth) and I will keep them (the papers of skeptic Steven McIntyre) out (of the IPCC) somehow - even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!

I have peer reviewed this post and it's 100% awesome and accurate

Forum List

Back