News: It's OK To Kill The Bald Eagle

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Annie, May 12, 2012.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    for Green purposes. Without the exemption, it's a federal crime. I've not heard of such an exemption for other businesses, even those with success behind their belts:

https://www.federalregister.gov/art...e-regulations-governing-eagle-permitting#p-17

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
  3. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,523

Read more: The green killer: Scores of protected golden eagles dying after colliding with wind turbines | Mail Online

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,303
    Sounds to me like an engineering problem. A noise maker on the blades, or some kind of light or paint pattern to warn off the eagles.

5. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    What of the responsible development of conventional energy? Why doesn't it get a pass?

6. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,303
    Because the release of mercury and lead into the atmosphere is not a good thing for the young of a certain species that I value. Also, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere right now is the equivelant of that of 15 million years ago when the sea level was 25 meters higher than today. And we are already seeing consequences in the form of more frequent and violent weather events. Both Swiss Re and Munich Re confirm this with real time records for the last 50 years.

7. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    One more think you don't know jack about. When an eagle hunts, he is focused very tightly on his prey. An eagle sees as if he were looking through binoculars, that is why they hunt from such a great altitude.

Tell you what, how about you go a day or so walking about your town only looking through binoculars and let me know how that works out for you.

The fact is that greens are willing to see eagles, vultures, migratory birds, etc go extinct rather than acknowlege that wind energy saw its zeneth 300 years ago and is a pointless waste of money today.

8. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Rocks you idiot, we aren't seeing anything like consequences. We are seeing nothing unusual or unprecedented in the climate. The only consequence I can see is that of letting people like you out of their cages to spew your bile all around.

9. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,523
    He can't help it, he's a brainwashed clone

10. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    I won't disagree with your concerns regarding lead and mercury, but those compounds are far less prevalent today because of pollution controls and efficiencies of production. There's much room for improvement, so how about focusing on improvements rather than the absolute cessation of production? These risks are manageable and to an extent, acceptable considering the benefits.

I think the focus of this thread is the total acceptance of the risks of alternative energies production to the point of embracing the deaths of eagles and other birds to the extent of granting waivers for wanton slaughter.

As for Co2, I'm not as versed as you or others on this board to the pro or con but from what I've read the debate can go either way. I've stated before that I'm "on the fence". There are many other sources of Co2 emissions most notably ethanol plants and... breweries. Don't read much about that in the news.