CDZ Why I Support President Trump

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Foxfyre, Aug 17, 2019.

?

WHAT DO YOU APPRECIATE ABOUT PRESIDENT TRUMP? (Multiple Choice)

1. Economic Policies

2. Trade Policies

3. Immigration Policies

4. Reduction of Regulations

5. Diplomatic/International Relations Policies

6. Environment

7. Promoting Appreciation and Respect for Flag, and Country

8. Abortion and other Social Issues

9. Space Exploration and Promotion of Science

10. Support for Second Amendment

11. Promotion of God and also Freedom of Religion for all

12. Other That I Will Explain in My Post

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,797
    NOTE: This is the CDZ so keep it civil and on topic please. This thread is intended for those who will vote for and/or who appreciate President Trump's positions on various issues and policy. There are plenty of other threads to use to trash and bash him. Let's show him some appreciation in this one.

First I want to say that Donald J. Trump was not my first, second, third or whatever choice to be the GOP nominee in 2016. I didn't really rank the candidates but, if I had, early on I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been in my top 10. There was never any question that Hillary would be the Democrat nominee so I wasn't even watching that race all that closely.

But as the campaign progressed, I began to gain a sense that there was something different in this election. ALL the other 16 GOP candidates and all the Democrat candidates were proper, orthodox candidates. Most candidates in both campaigns were members of the professional permanent political class, scripted, poll tested, politically correct, groomed, and trained with all the proper catch words and phrases for the task of winning an election.

Then there was Donald J. Trump. Unpolished. Unorthodox. Sometimes vulgar, sometimes profane, certainly no Cicero as an orator, speaking with a distinct Queens (NYC) accent, unpolished, sometimes seemingly unprofessional, speaking with partially expressed thoughts or incomplete sentences, twice divorced, and with a past that could easily be exploited for negatives. Pretty much nobody gave him a snowball's chance in Hell to even place in the nomination process, much less be elected.

But somewhere in all that, millions of Americans began to sense something was different in this election. This man was no partisan, no ideologue, not a member of the permanent political class. But he offered a vision and sensible goals to achieve it that we had not heard from any candidate maybe in our entire lifetimes. And we began to believe he meant it and respond to it.

And finally, in the end, enough of us voted for that vision to put him in the White House. There he has been unorthodox, sometimes petulant, sometimes saying things that are positively cringeworthy. Sometimes he is not likable. But he has kept campaign promises to a greater extent maybe than any politician ever. He has not disappointed. And I think he will have earned a second term.

So I am aware many of you do not approve of, like, or respect this President. But I suspect many here do.

For those who do respect President Trump's vision, what he has accomplished, what he still hope to accomplish, this is your thread. Please those who just want to bash or criticize the President use one of many other threads for that. This one is to appreciate President Trump.

Thank you for your courtesy in advance.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,797
    The bottom line for me is that I don't find President Trump all that personally likable. Sometimes I want to tell him to just shut up. More than once I have emailed or texted him/his team that I don't find this or that to be helpful and it isn't playing well here in New Mexico. But I also let him know when he gets it right. In both cases I get thoughtful and respectful responses.

But bottom line I have become increasingly convinced that he is a flawed, imperfect person (aren't we all?) who is pretty much perfect for this time in American history. I was sick to death of the permanent political class who all talk a really good politically correct game, but once in office they mostly put all that on the shelf and maintain the status quo throwing us just enough bones to keep us quiet and voting for them.

President Trump isn't that kind of guy. He is actually trying to make a significant difference. He has made mistakes, has had some missteps and misspeaks, has had to back up and take a different tack now and then, but his track record so far has been pretty darn good in making that difference. And he has done it in the face of the most vicious, dishonest, and relentless opposition that any President has had to face.

Unless something drastic changes between now and November 2020, I say he has earned a second term.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  3. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,797
    By the way, I think it is okay to say what you don't like about what is happening re policy or results so long as that isn't the only focus here.

I am still on the fence on trade policy though I am leaning toward seeing it the President's way. I hate that spending so far is outstripping revenues to create huge deficits. Sooner or later he has to address that.

But most of his policies I can support and they are yielding good things.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,990
    Trade, immigration and not looking for trouble with Russia.

Those three points were a deal maker for me. Everything else was small potatoes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GWV5903

GWV5903 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Based on our political pedigree of the past President Trump is a breath of fresh air. He’s not a politician or a pandering imbecile, we live in a world that requires tough decisions and strong convictions.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,797
    I personally, reluctantly, heels dug in to resist, and with some trepidation began to listen to what President Trump was saying, and gradually became a believer. And it was with a clear conscience and with a reasonable degree of enthusiasm that I cast my vote for him in 2016. I expect to do the same, with no reservations this time, in 2020.

And I suspect I have a lot of company this time too as the attendance at his campaign rallies has been epic.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  7. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,516
    He was not Hillary or Jeb or Cruz. It's that simple. He could have spent both his terms sitting in a lawn chair sipping mint julips and he would still be great just for that, but he also goes after criminal illegal aliens, scum like Pelosi and racist Democrats, etc., which is all just icing on the cake. His victory in 2020 will also be great, it will be the end of the Democratic Party criminal syndicate.

And, as we know form the Dem shills here, there is no genuinely valid opposition to his re-election, just lies, raving loons and assorted sexual deviants, and utterly amoral media hacks babbling to themselves.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. andaronjim

andaronjim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,412
    Why I support President Trump? See video. it will be this again in 2020. He is an entertainer, and he entertains me like no other president ever has.

9. andaronjim

andaronjim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,412
    You do realize that the choice was the enabler of a rapist president, who kept falling down and needed men to support her. I chose the guy because he makes you TDS people howl like a banshee.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. andaronjim

andaronjim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,412
    Suppress the freedom of speech like ANTIFA did to the gay reporter by beating the crap out of him? Yeah, would love to see the tables turned on you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.