CDZ Why I Support President Trump

WHAT DO YOU APPRECIATE ABOUT PRESIDENT TRUMP? (Multiple Choice)

• Economic Policies

• Trade Policies

• Immigration Policies

• Reduction of Regulations

• Diplomatic/International Relations Policies

• Environment

• Promoting Appreciation and Respect for Flag, and Country

• Abortion and other Social Issues

• Space Exploration and Promotion of Science

• Support for Second Amendment

• Promotion of God and also Freedom of Religion for all

• Other That I Will Explain in My Post

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point Trump checks all my boxes on approval.

Poll failed to mention Spite.
At this point my vote for Trump is out of the pure spite I feel towards the democrats.

LOL. Okay if that's how you feel. But I don't want to vote out of spite. I want to vote FOR a purpose that I can believe in. I voted for President Trump in 2016 out of a hope that he would be as good as the vision he offered. He has not disappointed. He has earned my vote in 2020.

NOTE: This is the CDZ so keep it civil and on topic please. This thread is intended for those who will vote for and/or who appreciate President Trump's positions on various issues and policy. There are plenty of other threads to use to trash and bash him. Let's show him some appreciation in this one.

First I want to say that Donald J. Trump was not my first, second, third or whatever choice to be the GOP nominee in 2016. I didn't really rank the candidates but, if I had, early on I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been in my top 10. There was never any question that Hillary would be the Democrat nominee so I wasn't even watching that race all that closely.

But as the campaign progressed, I began to gain a sense that there was something different in this election. ALL the other 16 GOP candidates and all the Democrat candidates were proper, orthodox candidates. Most candidates in both campaigns were members of the professional permanent political class, scripted, poll tested, politically correct, groomed, and trained with all the proper catch words and phrases for the task of winning an election.

Then there was Donald J. Trump. Unpolished. Unorthodox. Sometimes vulgar, sometimes profane, certainly no Cicero as an orator, speaking with a distinct Queens (NYC) accent, unpolished, sometimes seemingly unprofessional, speaking with partially expressed thoughts or incomplete sentences, twice divorced, and with a past that could easily be exploited for negatives. Pretty much nobody gave him a snowball's chance in Hell to even place in the nomination process, much less be elected.

But somewhere in all that, millions of Americans began to sense something was different in this election. This man was no partisan, no ideologue, not a member of the permanent political class. But he offered a vision and sensible goals to achieve it that we had not heard from any candidate maybe in our entire lifetimes. And we began to believe he meant it and respond to it.

And finally, in the end, enough of us voted for that vision to put him in the White House. There he has been unorthodox, sometimes petulant, sometimes saying things that are positively cringeworthy. Sometimes he is not likable. But he has kept campaign promises to a greater extent maybe than any politician ever. He has not disappointed. And I think he will have earned a second term.

So I am aware many of you do not approve of, like, or respect this President. But I suspect many here do.

For those who do respect President Trump's vision, what he has accomplished, what he still hope to accomplish, this is your thread. Please those who just want to bash or criticize the President use one of many other threads for that. This one is to appreciate President Trump.

Thank you for your courtesy in advance.
You didn’t put enough choices. Many people support Donald Trump simply because he’s a racist. And they share his opinion and viewpoint on minorities.

Please name a few of these MANY people. I know a LOT of Trump supporters plus I have read their comments on numerous forums, FB, Twitter etc. And not a single one has been racist or thought he was the least bit racist. And they certainly did not vote for him for that reason.

At this point my vote for Trump is out of the pure spite I feel towards the democrats.

LOL. Okay if that's how you feel. But I don't want to vote out of spite. I want to vote FOR a purpose that I can believe in. I voted for President Trump in 2016 out of a hope that he would be as good as the vision he offered. He has not disappointed. He has earned my vote in 2020.
I agree.
However, spite was and is a very powerful factor and helped Hillary lose the election by claiming superiority over a large segment of America. Something the left is doing to this very day.
Many who vote for Trump will do so, not because of issues, but against the elitist mentality that elected officials are somehow "above" the public.
While my comment was out of fun, it is a real factor.

I agree.
However, spite was and is a very powerful factor and helped Hillary lose the election by claiming superiority over a large segment of America. Something the left is doing to this very day.
Many who vote for Trump will do so, not because of issues, but against the elitist mentality that elected officials are somehow "above" the public.
While my comment was out of fun, it is a real factor.

I have to concede there is something to that. Hillary and her accomplices certainly didn't make any friends with her 'basket of deplorables' metaphor. And when she said that we white women who voted for Trump were instructed to do so by our husbands, bosses, boyfriends, etc., that pretty well killed any possibility of her winning our hearts and minds.

I wonder why they think screaming RACIST at a President who is not at all racist, and accusing him and/or those who support him of being, among other things:

RACIST
Prejudiced
Bigoted
Deplorable
Hateful
Nazi
Fascist
Violent
White Supremacist
Sexist
Xenophobic
Fear brown people
Islamophobic
Homophobic
Christian sharia
Basement dwellers
Birthers
Misogynistic
Teabaggers
Greedy
Uncaring
Insensitive
Hate the poor
Want to keep the poor in poverty
Want to reinstitute poll taxes, segregation, Jim Crow laws
Violate every person's bedroom and every woman's womb
Smelly Walmart people
Low information
Uneducated
Unscientific
Environmentally irresponsible
Anti-vaxxers
Clinging to their guns and religion

I probably overlooked some of the ridiculous epithets they throw at the President and/or his supporters. Do they really think that persuades us to join with them?

I often saw that President Obama, if not racist, certainly exploited race to increase divisions and disharmony between the races. I don't see how he could spend two decades in a Church that honored Louis Farrakhan and with a pastor who hated America and promoted black power and not be at least somewhat affected by that. But I don't see him as a dedicated racist who sees all white people as exploitive and/or racist.

One thing I appreciate very much about President Trump is that he never speaks against people via gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. One factor I see as indicative of not being racist or phobic toward people is the discarding of all political correctness rules and treating all people regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or whatever exactly the same, using the same words, phrases, etc. that would be used with anybody.

President Trump does that.

The far more racist/racially conscious left demands political correctness, sensitivity, victim status for minorities, etc. That in itself keeps racism, sexism, etc. alive and well. President Trump doesn't do that.

I stopped supporting the blob when he made fun of handicapped people. I’m not sure what defective mental condition allows some like the OP to overlook that. I think such people have some deep illness. Anyway the economy is in a funk, we’re doing nothing on healthcare, the deficit is exploding, there is no new wall being built, the lies that the OP ignores have gotten more numerous and egregious. There is little for a thinking person to support
He never made fun of them, you lie again.

As with other presidents I didn't vote for I do wish him the best. Like all past presidents there are things I disagree with but short of war, I believe presidents ought to get their chance to fulfill campaign promises.

In my 80 years, I have seen what the professional political class and faceless bureaucrats have done to this country. I found Donald J. Trump to be a breath of fresh air. Someone not dependent upon lobbyists and big campaign donors.

His in-your-face approach was a shining beacon in a sea of mealy-mouthed candidates clearly making promises they had no idea of keeping.

I don't give a damn what he did or was accused of in the past. Every day I see him keeping yet another promise he made to the American people. Every day, I see him doing what's best for America and not just he and his family.

There are some things that stand out that are never spoken about.
1. His relationship with aids and staff. He expects them to give their best or they're gone.
2. The way he treats the men and women in uniform who surround him. He shows them consideration and respect. And they, in turn, adore him. The sign of a true leader.

Do I agree with all of his decisions?

Of course not.

Do I like all of his Tweets?

No. But I am totally delighted that he uses social media to reach out to the largest number of Americans possible and gets around the lies and bias of journalists and the media.

See my signature.

NOTE: This is the CDZ so keep it civil and on topic please. This thread is intended for those who will vote for and/or who appreciate President Trump's positions on various issues and policy. There are plenty of other threads to use to trash and bash him. Let's show him some appreciation in this one.

First I want to say that Donald J. Trump was not my first, second, third or whatever choice to be the GOP nominee in 2016. I didn't really rank the candidates but, if I had, early on I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been in my top 10. There was never any question that Hillary would be the Democrat nominee so I wasn't even watching that race all that closely.

But as the campaign progressed, I began to gain a sense that there was something different in this election. ALL the other 16 GOP candidates and all the Democrat candidates were proper, orthodox candidates. Most candidates in both campaigns were members of the professional permanent political class, scripted, poll tested, politically correct, groomed, and trained with all the proper catch words and phrases for the task of winning an election.

Then there was Donald J. Trump. Unpolished. Unorthodox. Sometimes vulgar, sometimes profane, certainly no Cicero as an orator, speaking with a distinct Queens (NYC) accent, unpolished, sometimes seemingly unprofessional, speaking with partially expressed thoughts or incomplete sentences, twice divorced, and with a past that could easily be exploited for negatives. Pretty much nobody gave him a snowball's chance in Hell to even place in the nomination process, much less be elected.

But somewhere in all that, millions of Americans began to sense something was different in this election. This man was no partisan, no ideologue, not a member of the permanent political class. But he offered a vision and sensible goals to achieve it that we had not heard from any candidate maybe in our entire lifetimes. And we began to believe he meant it and respond to it.

And finally, in the end, enough of us voted for that vision to put him in the White House. There he has been unorthodox, sometimes petulant, sometimes saying things that are positively cringeworthy. Sometimes he is not likable. But he has kept campaign promises to a greater extent maybe than any politician ever. He has not disappointed. And I think he will have earned a second term.

So I am aware many of you do not approve of, like, or respect this President. But I suspect many here do.

For those who do respect President Trump's vision, what he has accomplished, what he still hope to accomplish, this is your thread. Please those who just want to bash or criticize the President use one of many other threads for that. This one is to appreciate President Trump.

You didn’t put enough choices. Many people support Donald Trump simply because he’s a racist. And they share his opinion and viewpoint on minorities.

Please name a few of these MANY people. I know a LOT of Trump supporters plus I have read their comments on numerous forums, FB, Twitter etc. And not a single one has been racist or thought he was the least bit racist. And they certainly did not vote for him for that reason.

Libs know that. THey just NEED to pretend otherwise, to justify their own bad behavior.

Libs know that. THey just NEED to pretend otherwise, to justify their own bad behavior.

I agree they know that. And yes, they pretend otherwise to justify their own bad behavior that is targeted at somehow discrediting and destroying him. They certainly can't do that with their own agenda if they were honest about it. And they can't do that by trying to run against his record which is pretty darn good. And the Russia thing fell apart for them. So they returned to racism until they can figure out something just as dishonest but maybe more believable to accuse him.

I do wonder how people can have so little integrity though. I would hate hate HATE to be in the position of repeating gossip and falsehoods and making stuff up to try to destroy somebody. I didn't have to hate President Obama to criticize policy that I thought really wrong. And there was a lot of it to criticize. Hate is such a corrosive and destructive thing and never results in anything good. I don't hate anybody. As often and much as I disapproved of Obama's policies, I could never attack him personally and visciously as the left attacks President Trump.

I don't approve of everything President Trump says or does. I doubt there is a human on Earth I would not disagree with from time to time. But there is a huge difference between disagreement and honest criticism of policy/behavior and the purely hateful politics of personal destruction that the left heaps on the President. I simply could not be one of them ever, and the more hateful they become, the more convinced I am that their side has little to commend it.

Last edited:
Of course we have a very small sampling on this informal straw poll, but it is interesting to me that President Trump's immigration policies are so far the most favorite of all of his policies, while space exploration comes in dead last.

You would think it would be the other way around since his immigration policies generate huge accusations of racism, cruelty, heartlessness, etc. from the left, while nobody seems to be complaining at all about the space exploration initiative.

Comments anybody?

In my 80 years, I have seen what the professional political class and faceless bureaucrats have done to this country. I found Donald J. Trump to be a breath of fresh air. Someone not dependent upon lobbyists and big campaign donors.

His in-your-face approach was a shining beacon in a sea of mealy-mouthed candidates clearly making promises they had no idea of keeping.

I don't give a damn what he did or was accused of in the past. Every day I see him keeping yet another promise he made to the American people. Every day, I see him doing what's best for America and not just he and his family.

There are some things that stand out that are never spoken about.
1. His relationship with aids and staff. He expects them to give their best or they're gone.
2. The way he treats the men and women in uniform who surround him. He shows them consideration and respect. And they, in turn, adore him. The sign of a true leader.

Do I agree with all of his decisions?

Of course not.

Do I like all of his Tweets?

No. But I am totally delighted that he uses social media to reach out to the largest number of Americans possible and gets around the lies and bias of journalists and the media.

See my signature.

Sometimes I am frustrated, even a little angry at him re some of his tweets because I can't see how they are helpful in any way. And then I think maybe some or all of those are deliberate and calculated in that he knows exactly what chain to pull and what button to push to make the opposition go off the rails.

For instance Pelosi and other Democratic leadership were successfully distancing themselves from and marginalizing the unacceptable radicalism of the so-called Squad--AOC, Tlaib, Omar, Pressley--when the President made his controversial tweet that they should go back where they came from and fix the problems there. Of course Pelosi and the other Democratic leadership immediately attacked him and defended the Squad. And BOOM!!! The Squad becomes the new face of the Democratic Party.

He has had to back up, has had a few misfires and misspeaks now and then, but he isn't willing to settle for "well I tried and it was no go" and then forget it. He doesn't easily take no for an answer, and 'give up' and 'quit' just aren't in his DNA. He is able to easily discard Plan A that isn't working and go on to Plan B, C, D or whatever until he hits on somethings that does. He doesn't deal in empty promises and pretend accomplishments. He wants real results. And therefore he has accomplished more in 2-1/2 years than most Presidents accomplish in 8, and for the most part it is all yielding mostly good things. Not that the opposition and most of the MSM will admit that of course.

I wonder what he could accomplish if he didn't have to get it done in the face of the most hateful, angry, malicious, viscious, opposition that any President in my lifetime has ever had to face?

Last edited:
I don't support him nearly as much as I accept that he's there, and there's not a damn thing anyone is going to do, other than an election, to remove him.

That said, I do in fact like that he is:

• Pushing back against and fighting the permanent administrative ruling class.
  • Slashing the hell out of worthless regulations.
  • Exposing how truly unhinged and detached from reality that even "mainstream" democrats are.
  • Exposing what gutless, double-dealing cowards that most "mainstream" republicans are.
  • Calling out the media as the shamelessly biased and lying children that they are.
  • Making trade deals that actually benefit Murica (excluding tariffs).
  • Exiting the idiotic Paris Climate Accord.
  • Taking no shit off of anyone.
  • Trolling the entire planet on Twitter.

Even so, he's still a mixed bag:

• Tariffs are of an extremely dubious economic merit.
  • The wall is still a prohibitively expansive and dumb idea.
  • Still getting rolled by congressional spend-a-holics.
  • Ivanka and Kushner have no business in the White House.
  • Still far too many neocon swamp reptiles in his orbit.
  • Got neoconned into attacking Syria....TWICE.
  • Kavanaugh was an awful USSC pick.
  • Failure to declassify the FISA documents that led to the 2-year RUSSIA! bug hunt.
  • Insists on throwing more money at the Pentagon, instead of wringing out the waste.
  • Isn't bringing many troops home from foreign soil.

Last edited:
I don't support him nearly as much as I accept that he's there, and there's not a damn thing anyone is going to do, other than an election, to remove him.

That said, I do in fact like that he is:

• Pushing back against and fighting the permanent administrative ruling class.
  • Slashing the hell out of worthless regulations.
  • Exposing how truly unhinged and detached from reality that even "mainstream" democrats are.
  • Exposing what gutless, double-dealing cowards that most "mainstream" republicans are.
  • Calling out the media as the shamelessly biased and lying children that they are.
  • Making trade deals that actually benefit Murica (excluding tariffs).
  • Exiting the idiotic Paris Climate Accord.
  • Taking no shit off of anyone.
  • Trolling the entire planet on Twitter.

Even so, he's still a mixed bag:

• Tariffs are of an extremely dubious economic merit.
  • The wall is still a prohibitively expansive and dumb idea.
  • Still getting rolled by congressional spend-a-holics.
  • Ivanka and Kushner have no business in the White House.
  • Still far too many neocon swamp reptiles in his orbit.
  • Got neoconned into attacking Syria....TWICE.
  • Kavanaugh was an awful USSC pick.
  • Failure to declassify the FISA documents that led to the 2-year RUSSIA! bug hunt.
  • Insists on throwing more money at the Pentagon, instead of wringing out the waste.
  • Isn't bringing many troops home from foreign soil.

Fair enough though we might have a friendly discussion on some of your bullet points at some time.

But bottom line, will you be voting for him next year? Or who would you prefer from the other side?

Fair enough though we might have a friendly discussion on some of your bullet points at some time.

But bottom line, will you be voting for him next year? Or who would you prefer from the other side?
No....I haven't voted since 2000, when I cast my last ballot ever for Harry Browne....I ceased voting on the philosophical premise that it signals assent to The State, which only retains its authority through the brute force of arms.

Moreover, mathematically speaking, I have a greater chance of winning MegaMillions than that of my one, single, (1) vote making any difference at all.

We need at least two more Supreme Court Justices to get past Roberts and his anti-Trump rulings....... Once Ginsburg goes, it would be also be good if Trump could put a new, younger Justice in for Thomas before Trump leaves office in 2024.....

The bottom line for me is that I don't find President Trump all that personally likable. Sometimes I want to tell him to just shut up. More than once I have emailed or texted him/his team that I don't find this or that to be helpful and it isn't playing well here in New Mexico. But I also let him know when he gets it right. In both cases I get thoughtful and respectful responses.

But bottom line I have become increasingly convinced that he is a flawed, imperfect person (aren't we all?) who is pretty much perfect for this time in American history. I was sick to death of the permanent political class who all talk a really good politically correct game, but once in office they mostly put all that on the shelf and maintain the status quo throwing us just enough bones to keep us quiet and voting for them.

President Trump isn't that kind of guy. He is actually trying to make a significant difference. He has made mistakes, has had some missteps and misspeaks, has had to back up and take a different tack now and then, but his track record so far has been pretty darn good in making that difference. And he has done it in the face of the most vicious, dishonest, and relentless opposition that any President has had to face.

Unless something drastic changes between now and November 2020, I say he has earned a second term.

Yep.....Do you know Andrew Klavan, over at Dailywire.com....he pointed out that like you, and me, Trump does things we don't like....but his attitude was what the country needed to take on the entrenched left wing power structure, and the republican establishment that did not understand the threat of the democrats to this country.

We need at least two more Supreme Court Justices to get past Roberts and his anti-Trump rulings....... Once Ginsburg goes, it would be also be good if Trump could put a new, younger Justice in for Thomas before Trump leaves office in 2024.....

That Roberts does not always agree with the President doesn't necessarily make him anti-Trump. I don't always agree with the President either and I do not want a Supreme Court that is loyal to any person, but rather I want a Supreme Court that is fanatically loyal to upholding the Constitution and law of the land assuming those two things are not in literal conflict with each other. I don't want the courts at any level reading into the Constitution what they think it should have said or interpreting other than its clear original intent, however.

But I do agree with you that we need two or three more strict constitutionalists on the Court to ensure that it will serve America and Americans as it was intended and does not become an arm doing the bidding of any political party, movement, or group.

And I appreciate that President Trump looks at that exactly as I do.

The bottom line for me is that I don't find President Trump all that personally likable. Sometimes I want to tell him to just shut up. More than once I have emailed or texted him/his team that I don't find this or that to be helpful and it isn't playing well here in New Mexico. But I also let him know when he gets it right. In both cases I get thoughtful and respectful responses.

But bottom line I have become increasingly convinced that he is a flawed, imperfect person (aren't we all?) who is pretty much perfect for this time in American history. I was sick to death of the permanent political class who all talk a really good politically correct game, but once in office they mostly put all that on the shelf and maintain the status quo throwing us just enough bones to keep us quiet and voting for them.

President Trump isn't that kind of guy. He is actually trying to make a significant difference. He has made mistakes, has had some missteps and misspeaks, has had to back up and take a different tack now and then, but his track record so far has been pretty darn good in making that difference. And he has done it in the face of the most vicious, dishonest, and relentless opposition that any President has had to face.

Unless something drastic changes between now and November 2020, I say he has earned a second term.

Yep.....Do you know Andrew Klavan, over at Dailywire.com....he pointed out that like you, and me, Trump does things we don't like....but his attitude was what the country needed to take on the entrenched left wing power structure, and the republican establishment that did not understand the threat of the democrats to this country.

Agreed. I don't require that he be right or get it right all the time. Who is? Who does? And I knew he wasn't going to have the typical presidential demeanor when I voted for him in 2016. But he offered a hope and a vision that I think most American were looking for, and enough saw that in him to elect him.

Somebody recently said that Trump doesn't behave like a normal President. And I wholehearted agreed with a 'hell yeah!' I was sick to death of the proper, politically correct, polished, groomed scripted professional politicians who behaved impeccably and say all the 'right' things. It is presidents and legislators like that who got us into the mess we're in. So I was plenty ready to accept somebody who is the polar opposite of that who believes in fixing problems, cleaning up messes, and actually making things better instead of just giving them lip service or working to increase their own power, prestige, influence, and personal wealth.

Early on, once I decided Donald J. Trump would get my vote in 2016, I said then that if he accomplished nothing more than saving the Supreme Court and dismantling political correctness, he would have earned that vote. He is well on his way to saving the high court. Still some work to be done on political correctness but there's still time.

ffdcbcbc949da7fee288441f73492bf3.jpg

I am personally a one-woman wrecking crew at war with political correctness which I deem one of the more sinister and evil tools of the radical left. When you can control the people's speech and message, you are halfway to controlling every aspect of the people's lives.

Agreed. I don't require that he be right or get it right all the time. Who is? Who does? And I knew he wasn't going to have the typical presidential demeanor when I voted for him in 2016. But he offered a hope and a vision that I think most American were looking for, and enough saw that in him to elect him.

Somebody recently said that Trump doesn't behave like a normal President. And I wholehearted agreed with a 'hell yeah!' I was sick to death of the proper, politically correct, polished, groomed scripted professional politicians who behaved impeccably and say all the 'right' things. It is presidents and legislators like that who got us into the mess we're in. So I was plenty ready to accept somebody who is the polar opposite of that who believes in fixing problems, cleaning up messes, and actually making things better instead of just giving them lip service or working to increase their own power, prestige, influence, and personal wealth.

Can you ask that he have the good sense to allow the kids he kidnapped to at least bathe? Or do you think not allowing kids to bathe is okay?

You’re ready to accept the polar opposite of human decency….how very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back