CDZ Why I Support President Trump

WHAT DO YOU APPRECIATE ABOUT PRESIDENT TRUMP? (Multiple Choice)

• Economic Policies

• Trade Policies

• Immigration Policies

• Reduction of Regulations

• Diplomatic/International Relations Policies

• Environment

• Promoting Appreciation and Respect for Flag, and Country

• Abortion and other Social Issues

• Space Exploration and Promotion of Science

• Support for Second Amendment

• Promotion of God and also Freedom of Religion for all

• Other That I Will Explain in My Post

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing there is to appreciate about President Trump is an economy that has been putting people back to work and reversed a downward trend in personal income and family wealth.

0a1HA7uSEUrOP3NhDY_bLkY2VNebU3AhWGc6d-NQSuqo86x4h4yFcurr0fhrLnnDecj-VNU=s85
index.php

President Trump has been in office a little over 2-1/2 years and people are responding to the results he has produced. After all the Trump haters can throw at him, after all the distortion and deception and downright evil propaganda the opposition can put out there, the crowds he has been drawing have been epic. Obama didn't generate nearly that much support at his campaign rallies when he ran for his second term. Maybe it means something. Maybe it doesn't indicate the vote in 2020. But President Trump must be doing something right:

trump-indiana-evansville.jpg
trump-rally-illinois.jpg
61ef2801-a03d-4540-b0fe-cc481b50ba69-20180830_trumpevansville_30.JPG

And the 4th of July Tribute to America and the Military in the rain this year in the bluest city in the country
982d1554-823e-4e85-b2a3-0b82a3318db5-AP_APTOPIX_Trump_Fourth_of_July.jpg

Last edited:
The biggest reason why Trump got elected (IMHO) is because he was the anti-establishment candidate. Clinton was the prototype Washington insider, a full-fledged member of the swamp since she got there in 1992. Trump was not, he was the only one who I believed would actually try to drain the swamp, others talked the talk but didn't walk the walk. It was getting ridiculous, and for so many Americans it was time to vote to cut the crap and that's one big reason why Trump won.

I do not agree with many of his policies, but there's no arguing with how much better the economy is doing. And I look at the utter nonsense that the Democrat candidates are pushing, and I'm thinking how can anyone in his/her right mind vote for that? So, almost by default I will vote for Trump more or less because I believe the alternative is so much worse. I don't want to go back to business as usual with a Democrat president, and the thought of a Dem in the WH is actually quite frightening to me. Cuz every last one of them is doing what their political base wants rather than what is actually the best thing for all of us. For at least the most part, Trump is doing it the other way around.

Being anti-establishment was a significant factor I think. But mostly because he is the first person aspiring to high office in a very long time who was thinking outside the box, outside the status quo, outside of the 'this is the way a President is supposed to think, act, behave' straight jacket, outside the 'it has always been done that way' mindset.

So we took a chance on a flawed, imperfect human being who offered a vision and a hope and a love for America that nobody else had offered in a very long time. I think he and all of us who supported him underestimated the degree of hate, venom, unfairness, dishonesty, and vitriol that would be heaped on him and, by default on us. A lessor man would have caved. He didn't. He's stronger than anybody ever gave him credit for and he's getting it done, little by little, in the face of the most violent and meanspirited opposition anybody has ever had to face.

He may be flawed and imperfect. But he has earned my respect and admiration for keeping his word and getting it done. And unless something very drastic changes things, he has earned my vote in 2020.

I was curious that so few have checked the space exploration option on the poll. That is one area that my hubby and I disagree--he thinks all this space station and going to the moon and Mars and whatever are a huge waste of money. But I am all for it. I want to know what's out there. I want us to develop technology and capability to be able to deal with and divert or destroy the next huge planet altering or destroying asteroid headed our way.

Most importantly I do not want us to allow some totalitarian power attain the ability to dominate space and who and what is allowed up there as such power could dominate everything on Earth. That was our emphasis on beating Russia to the moon actually.

I hate that we no longer have the shuttle servicing the space station and our satellites or maintaining the Hubble or pulling it further out into space as its orbit slowly erodes. I was heartbroken when it looked like they were going to let Hubble die and cheered when the funding came through to save it. When I was much younger, I would have loved to have been an astronaut. But then i would have loved to have been on the crew of the Starship Enterprise.

Anyway, I do support President Trump's vision for an American presence in space and scientific research there.

I stopped supporting the blob when he made fun of handicapped people. I’m not sure what defective mental condition allows some like the OP to overlook that. I think such people have some deep illness. Anyway the economy is in a funk, we’re doing nothing on healthcare, the deficit is exploding, there is no new wall being built, the lies that the OP ignores have gotten more numerous and egregious. There is little for a thinking person to support

th

Let's leave it at I'm just DEPLORABLE.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Well other than blatantly admitting you're a Trump supporter, what do you especially appreciate about him? Or did you check all the options in the poll?

th

I like all the policies listed in your poll and he isn't supporting give away programs to gain his vote.

Additionally he doesn't have a trail of past accusers who've ended up committing suicide.

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

Let's leave it at I'm just DEPLORABLE.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Well other than blatantly admitting you're a Trump supporter, what do you especially appreciate about him? Or did you check all the options in the poll?

th

I like all the policies listed in your poll and he isn't supporting give away programs to gain his vote.

Additionally he doesn't have a trail of past accusers who've ended up committing suicide.

*****CHUCKLE*****

All right! You're one on my side re space exploration. :)

I didn't check the trade policies option as I think it is too soon to fully evaluate the effect of that. For sure the markets have been taking a hit in the last couple of weeks and even pro-Trump economists admit the squabble with China has a part in that though it isn't the only factor. So he may or may not have gotten that one wrong. But my gut tells me he is right about how China has been taking us to the cleaners for decades now, have done serious damage to our economy, currency, and manufacturing base, and will continue to do so unless we deal with them. So I am hedging my bets on that one and am willing to wait and see.

On the 'other' category, I deeply appreciate his attention to saving the courts, including the Supreme Court, from rampant radical progressive activism. Since that is the #1 reason I voted for him, I can't believe I left that off the poll.

I always figured that plus the fact that he sees political correctness as the evil that I do was sufficient reason to protect him. And if he accomplished nothing more than saving the Supreme Court, that was justification for my vote. And he came through like a trooper.

Last edited:
NOTE: This is the CDZ so keep it civil and on topic please. This thread is intended for those who will vote for and/or who appreciate President Trump's positions on various issues and policy. There are plenty of other threads to use to trash and bash him. Let's show him some appreciation in this one.

First I want to say that Donald J. Trump was not my first, second, third or whatever choice to be the GOP nominee in 2016. I didn't really rank the candidates but, if I had, early on I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been in my top 10. There was never any question that Hillary would be the Democrat nominee so I wasn't even watching that race all that closely.

But as the campaign progressed, I began to gain a sense that there was something different in this election. ALL the other 16 GOP candidates and all the Democrat candidates were proper, orthodox candidates. Most candidates in both campaigns were members of the professional permanent political class, scripted, poll tested, politically correct, groomed, and trained with all the proper catch words and phrases for the task of winning an election.

Then there was Donald J. Trump. Unpolished. Unorthodox. Sometimes vulgar, sometimes profane, certainly no Cicero as an orator, speaking with a distinct Queens (NYC) accent, unpolished, sometimes seemingly unprofessional, speaking with partially expressed thoughts or incomplete sentences, twice divorced, and with a past that could easily be exploited for negatives. Pretty much nobody gave him a snowball's chance in Hell to even place in the nomination process, much less be elected.

But somewhere in all that, millions of Americans began to sense something was different in this election. This man was no partisan, no ideologue, not a member of the permanent political class. But he offered a vision and sensible goals to achieve it that we had not heard from any candidate maybe in our entire lifetimes. And we began to believe he meant it and respond to it.

And finally, in the end, enough of us voted for that vision to put him in the White House. There he has been unorthodox, sometimes petulant, sometimes saying things that are positively cringeworthy. Sometimes he is not likable. But he has kept campaign promises to a greater extent maybe than any politician ever. He has not disappointed. And I think he will have earned a second term.

So I am aware many of you do not approve of, like, or respect this President. But I suspect many here do.

For those who do respect President Trump's vision, what he has accomplished, what he still hope to accomplish, this is your thread. Please those who just want to bash or criticize the President use one of many other threads for that. This one is to appreciate President Trump.

Thank you for your courtesy in advance.
You didn’t put enough choices. Many people support Donald Trump simply because he’s a racist. And they share his opinion and viewpoint on minorities.

At this point Trump checks all my boxes on approval.

Poll failed to mention Spite.
At this point my vote for Trump is out of the pure spite I feel towards the democrats.

I appreciate President Trump also because he doesn't have a racist bone in his body as testified by ALL his friends, associates, employees, colleagues, even his ex wives. He treats everybody exactly the same.

th
ap-17058810195685.jpg

Young black conservatives at Trump function
trump_YBLS.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
trumpracist.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back