Why I Don't Believe

1) Believe in God is independent of any religion, Any human who is honest and brave enough can conclude that God is here and he is only one. It is hard to sideline our own cultures but it is possible.
Those that can't identify true religion can at least believe in God. This is better and more wise than athesim.

2)Beside the false religions that were invented by humans, there were many messages sent to people by God through messengers. But, there is two issues here:
a) people modified these messages to satisfy their desires, so God sent a messenger after messenger to remind people.
b)Not all God-messages were valid for all nations and all time, some of them were dedicated to a specific group of people for some interval. Although the beliefs in all God messages is the same, the regulations differ according to the different political/environmental/technological state of people.

3) God is Just.
Those that wasn't informed with God's messages will not be tortured by God.

Islam is the last message of God, all other religions even if they were true becomes invalid after the messenger Mohamed (peace be upon him).

Although there were attempts to modify islam as other religions, they were not totally successfully. The reason is that the original sources of Islam (Quran and sunnah) were saved in the very early stage of islam in their original language (arabic) which is still a live language.

So, even if some attempts to modify islam were partially successfull, true muslim believers were always able to recover to the true original version.

If you don't wish to accept Islam as the last message of God. My advice to you is at least believe in God and he is one. Be modest and polite with God and ask him to guide you.

I hope God guides you to the true way.

Hey, why not believe in multiple gods like they do in Hinduism. I mean it does not make sense that god is a schizophrenic like in Christianity.

And from that one can conclude there has to be more than one god that are part of our reality since different aspects of our reality have different personalities controling them.

Think abut it. Is it not obvious?

As a young teen, I grew up in a neighborhood with both Christians and Jews and one day while walking I tried to reconcile why one God would have more than one religion. I considered the possibilities:
1 – All religions were true – this seemed unlikely since there were almost an infinite number across the planet and they appeared to fundamentally contradict one another in their morality, concept of God(s), history, etc.
2 – One religion was true while all others were false – this too seemed unlikely as why would God allow people to grow up learning lies and then judge them? Ideally it seemed God would want children to grow up without a religion and would, when they were adult enough to decide for themselves, choose which religion was true based on reason, morality, etc. It would be a conscious decision, not one made for them by their parents or community so if God were to later judge them at least they had a shot at salvation. Obviously this has never been the norm anywhere at any time in the past.
3 – No religion was true – this seemed the only logical answer then and didn’t seem so radical when I realized that if #2 above were true the majority of people in the world were WRONG. It seemed a modest leap from believing most people were wrong to all people were wrong (at that time I didn’t know anyone who admitted to me they did not believe in God).
Despite a lifetime of inquiry, I’ve never found a reason to change this decision.

Forgot a few possibilities, namely:

- Some religions have some truth in them

- The deities religions describe aren't supernatural in nature, but exist as flesh and blood but were mistaken as supernatural beings by pre-science era people, i.e. aliens. "Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

When we say we don't believe in something, it's because we have an idea of what that something is. With a god or gods then if a person says they don't believe it exists, or could exist, they must know what qualities that that deity possesses that they don't believe it could exist, or does exist. But if you know the attributes and definition of a god, then it logicaly MUST exist that you were able to define what and why it's a god. Otherwise all you're disbelieving in is something you yourself invented in your own imagination.

When we say we don't believe in something, it's because we have an idea of what that something is. With a god or gods then if a person says they don't believe it exists, or could exist, they must know what qualities that that deity possesses that they don't believe it could exist, or does exist. But if you know the attributes and definition of a god, then it logicaly MUST exist that you were able to define what and why it's a god. Otherwise all you're disbelieving in is something you yourself invented in your own imagination.

I would disagree that it is logical it must exist. However, it certainly would bring into question the claim that the person who disbelieves actually lacks any beliefs. Which makes belief and disbelief two sides of the same coin.

1) Believe in God is independent of any religion, Any human who is honest and brave enough can conclude that God is here and he is only one. It is hard to sideline our own cultures but it is possible.
Those that can't identify true religion can at least believe in God. This is better and more wise than athesim.

2)Beside the false religions that were invented by humans, there were many messages sent to people by God through messengers. But, there is two issues here:
a) people modified these messages to satisfy their desires, so God sent a messenger after messenger to remind people.
b)Not all God-messages were valid for all nations and all time, some of them were dedicated to a specific group of people for some interval. Although the beliefs in all God messages is the same, the regulations differ according to the different political/environmental/technological state of people.

3) God is Just.
Those that wasn't informed with God's messages will not be tortured by God.

Islam is the last message of God, all other religions even if they were true becomes invalid after the messenger Mohamed (peace be upon him).

Although there were attempts to modify islam as other religions, they were not totally successfully. The reason is that the original sources of Islam (Quran and sunnah) were saved in the very early stage of islam in their original language (arabic) which is still a live language.

So, even if some attempts to modify islam were partially successfull, true muslim believers were always able to recover to the true original version.

If you don't wish to accept Islam as the last message of God. My advice to you is at least believe in God and he is one. Be modest and polite with God and ask him to guide you.

I hope God guides you to the true way.

Hey, why not believe in multiple gods like they do in Hinduism. I mean it does not make sense that god is a schizophrenic like in Christianity.

And from that one can conclude there has to be more than one god that are part of our reality since different aspects of our reality have different personalities controling them.

Think abut it. Is it not obvious?

Not really. Narayana, the supreme god in Hinduism, has three distinct aspects of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. Considered three as one. A trinity is nothing new to Christianity. In fact, Krishna shares many similarities to Christ. All of the minor gods are pretty much on line with angels and saints. Nothing new there either.

I think the only thing which is obvious is that people are pretty much people wherever you look.

I would disagree that it is logical it must exist. However, it certainly would bring into question the claim that the person who disbelieves actually lacks any beliefs. Which makes belief and disbelief two sides of the same coin.

If I believed the squirrel outside my bedroom window right now was God, I'd be able to describe the squirrel and thus God. And anyone else looking at it would be able to see it and agree/disagree with me.

If I believed 'icksgooblykai' (made-up word and thing) was God I'd have to be able to describe what it is that it's God. But because it's completely fictional and made-up by me my description will be entirely subjective and ultimately stand exposed as totally made-up and nonsensical when others consider it.

Forgot a few possibilities, namely:

- Some religions have some truth in them

- The deities religions describe aren't supernatural in nature, but exist as flesh and blood but were mistaken as supernatural beings by pre-science era people, i.e. aliens. "Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Certainly these are possibilities and all religions have ethical codes that keep society functioning. But in all my days I've never encountered ANYTHING obviously supernatural. And, although I've encountered UFOs I've never met any little green men. Until either of those things happen, I'm skeptical.

Certainly these are possibilities and all religions have ethical codes that keep society functioning. But in all my days I've never encountered ANYTHING obviously supernatural. And, although I've encountered UFOs I've never met any little green men. Until either of those things happen, I'm skeptical.

I've never encountered lots of things I nonetheless accept as really existing. Never encountered a terrorist but...Never seen an atom either.

It's been my experience that people who've seemingly made up their minds about God not existing have only been thinking of it in certain specific ways. God might well be a supernatural being while at the same time every religion on Earth being 100% wrong. A religious inaccuracy or falsehood doesn't bear on God. Might simply be what God actually is is different than religions describe it being.

I've personally always felt religions undersold God. Surely a being who could create a universe just cuz is far grander and more incomprehensible than any religion's described.

If I believed the squirrel outside my bedroom window right now was God, I'd be able to describe the squirrel and thus God. And anyone else looking at it would be able to see it and agree/disagree with me.

If I believed 'icksgooblykai' (made-up word and thing) was God I'd have to be able to describe what it is that it's God. But because it's completely fictional and made-up by me my description will be entirely subjective and ultimately stand exposed as totally made-up and nonsensical when others consider it.

In either case there would be people who believed it was God and people who believed it was not. The people who lacked belief wouldn't care.

/shrugs.....should we care?......

Isn't it your Christian duty to care? Or do you just put in your 2 cents and wash your hands?
nope.....just to tell you......if you choose to say no, that's your business.....

So when Jesus said "'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF" that wasn't one of the greatest commandments but just some throw-away line that Christians can choose to ignore or to follow? Did not know that.

I've never encountered lots of things I nonetheless accept as really existing. Never encountered a terrorist but...Never seen an atom either.

It's been my experience that people who've seemingly made up their minds about God not existing have only been thinking of it in certain specific ways. God might well be a supernatural being while at the same time every religion on Earth being 100% wrong. A religious inaccuracy or falsehood doesn't bear on God. Might simply be what God actually is is different than religions describe it being.

I've personally always felt religions undersold God. Surely a being who could create a universe just cuz is far grander and more incomprehensible than any religion's described.

Although I've never encountered a terrorist or seen an atom I can find physical evidence of each. I don't believe anyone anywhere has physical evidence of the supernatural.

As for God, I'm agnostic, the universe may have had a supernatural creator, I just don't know, but our universe did have a beginning so far as we can tell.

Isn't it your Christian duty to care? Or do you just put in your 2 cents and wash your hands?
nope.....just to tell you......if you choose to say no, that's your business.....

So when Jesus said "'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF" that wasn't one of the greatest commandments but just some throw-away line that Christians can choose to ignore or to follow? Did not know that.
so you interpret love to include forcing someone to believe?....

No. I interpret "love your neighbor" as caring for everyone, to include those that don't believe as you do.

No. I interpret "love your neighbor" as caring for everyone, to include those that don't believe as you do.
that sounds like I shouldn't care what they believe......and I don't......

YES!!! ALL PEOPLE MUST DECIDE TO BELIEVE OR REJECT GOD,God gave you CHOICE====God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively;God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.

21 Yes, they knew about him all right, but they wouldn’t admit it or worship him or even thank him for all his daily care. And after a while they began to think up silly ideas of what God was like and what he wanted them to do. The result was that their foolish minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead.
Romans 1:18-22

Does anybody ever bother to read his/her postings? LOL! I know I don't.

A complete moron and creep for sure. I'm sure a loser if he really thinks the shit he posts.

I love it how it doesn't even phase idiots like this that their church may have made up the entire jesus story 2000 years ago.

But try to tell a christian like this about the Muslim story. Do you think they would hear that story with an open mind or would they be so brainwashed they would never even consider leaving Christianity. So if they are that dug in, how open minded can they possibly be? And if they have been scared into thinking doubt is blasphemy and will lead to hell, how can they even look at this free to think intelligently?

Gismys even says, "THINK before it's too late.". What he means is stop thinking too much or you'll burn in hell.

I just love my christian friends who say, "YOU"LL BURN IN HELL". They don't realize how stupid they sound.

I'm convinced that Gismo is just a troll.
Here is another reason to me it's obvious MAN made up god. 2000 plus years ago men wrote holy books. How long has it been since women have had equality? It wasn't until the 1900s that women started getting equality. That includes Christians.

So it's obvious Christianity was written by MEN because it left out equality for women.

It also took Christians 1800 years to stop owning slaves so clearly Christianity was written by and for white men.

Same with Islam. Clearly just look how Arab men treat women. Wouldn't a god tell them to treat women as equals?

Forum List

Back