Why I Don't Believe

wIL
more bullshit lies from a lying atheist.

Variations in copyists word use, differences in hyperbole and metaphor, differences in translations do not constitute a change in the essential meaning of the word as given.

The person inspired was given a meaning that they put into words drawn from their own language, knowledge, life experiences and preferences.

None of that is a change in the meaning of the text's religious theme or message.

Why do you atheists lie so damned much?

Will you stop accusing people who aren't lying of lying? It is starting to get really annoying. You may disagree you little cock sucker but that doesn't mean they are lying. Do you know what lying means you little dick sucker? Then shut the fuck up already.

Sir Henry Rawlinson published the Legend of Sargon which he had found in the library of Ashurbanipal while excavating Nineveh in 1867 CE. The Legend of Sargon reads:
She set me in a basket of rushes,
She sealed the lid with tar.
She cast me into the river, but it did not rise over me,

The water carried me to Akki, the drawer of water.
He lifted me out as he dipped his jar into the river,
He took me as his son, he raised me

Sargon of Akkad -- Ancient History Encyclopedia

<Similarities I see to the Moses story are in red>
{by the way, it is not overlooked that this was a diversion on your part to hide the fact you couldn't come up with a parallel between Moses and Sargon.......we will keep reminding you of that from time to time, so don't think you're getting away with it}.......

You must have missed my previous reply (updated with your mind in mind).

spider man is fictional. He also didn't create everything

That's just it. You have no proof of either of those claims. And when we gather all the facts/proof/evidence what we infer is that people made up this god character a long time ago and have been using him/it ever since to manipulate the stupid masses.

And what kind of people would we be if we just believed your churches unbelievable stories? I'll tell you what kind of people we'd be. Stupid fucking people like you. Time to wake up pal.

no, I posted after that.....you have not responded.....I suspect because you were too ashamed.....

Never confuse incompetence for conspiracy.

Actually I pointed out what I saw as similarities. You may refuse to see them if you choose but you might also look at identical twins and say they are totally different people.

Last edited:
Never confuse incompetence for conspiracy.

Actually I pointed out what I saw as similarities. You may refuse to see them if you choose but you might also look at identical twins and say they are totally different people.
now you haven't responded to #516, #518, or #519.....

spider man is fictional. He also didn't create everything

No strictly true, Spiderman has created work and wealth for many people!
An imaginary character earning dollars for those who spread his word, rather like those millionaire evangelists!

simlarities.....Sargon was rescued from his basket by a guy who carried water for palm trees...he was put in the basket because he was an illegitimate child of a priestess who would have been trouble if her pregnancy became known.....he was raised to be a guy who carried water for palm trees and ended up being an emperor.....

Moses was rescued from his basket by the daughter of the Pharaoh......he was put in the basket because that same Pharaoh had ordered his death.......he was raised as the grandson of the Pharaoh who wanted him dead.......he ended up either dead on a mountain or raised into heaven and never entered the land he led the Israelites to.......

the only similarities are that both spent a few hours in a basket.....
I provided the passage, you're welcome to Google it. What documentation would you accept?

lol......first of all, how about a link to the proof its an insertion instead of original text.....does anyone besides some AtheistRUs web site claim it is?.....

Sir Henry Rawlinson published the Legend of Sargon which he had found in the library of Ashurbanipal while excavating Nineveh in 1867 CE. The Legend of Sargon reads:

<Similarities I see to the Moses story>

Sargon survives as a legendary figure into the Neo-Assyrian literature of the Early Iron Age. Tablets with fragments of a Sargon Birth Legend were found in the Library of Ashurbanipal from the 7th century BC.[17] According to this legend, Sargon was the illegitimate son of a priestess (older translations describe his mother as lowly). She brought him forth in secret and placed him in a basket of reeds on the river. He was found by Akki the irrigator who raised him as his own son.[18][19]

from Sargon of Akkad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

simlarities.....Sargon was rescued from his basket by a guy who carried water for palm trees...he was put in the basket because he was an illegitimate child of a priestess who would have been trouble if her pregnancy became known.....he was raised to be a guy who carried water for palm trees and ended up being an emperor.....

Moses was rescued from his basket by the daughter of the Pharaoh......he was put in the basket because that same Pharaoh had ordered his death.......he was raised as the grandson of the Pharaoh who wanted him dead.......he ended up either dead on a mountain or raised into heaven and never entered the land he led the Israelites to.......

The basic premise is the same only some details are different. You may choose not to see the forest for the trees, that is your perogative

I provided the passage, you're welcome to Google it. What documentation would you accept?

lol......first of all, how about a link to the proof its an insertion instead of original text.....does anyone besides some AtheistRUs web site claim it is?.....

<Similarities I see to the Moses story>

Sargon survives as a legendary figure into the Neo-Assyrian literature of the Early Iron Age. Tablets with fragments of a Sargon Birth Legend were found in the Library of Ashurbanipal from the 7th century BC.[17] According to this legend, Sargon was the illegitimate son of a priestess (older translations describe his mother as lowly). She brought him forth in secret and placed him in a basket of reeds on the river. He was found by Akki the irrigator who raised him as his own son.[18][19]

from Sargon of Akkad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The basic premise is the same only some details are different. You may choose not to see the forest for the trees, that is your perogative
dude....NONE of the basic premise are the same.....there's only one thing that's the same, baby floating down a river in a basket.....the who, what, when, where and why are all stark contrasts.....

not royal, but yes....a virgin.....now, who is it this time that you're pretending had a virgin birth......we've had three or four contenders put forward so far and I have proven each of them was a lie....do you have a new contender or are you just going to repeat one of the earlier claims?....

Didn't see your previous posts on this but I did find: The Ancient Beginnings of the Virgin Birth Myth Seems to have lots of examples of virgin births in pagan mythology.

BTW I'm on vacation and pretty much off the grid so my replies will be sporadic.

not royal, but yes....a virgin.....now, who is it this time that you're pretending had a virgin birth......we've had three or four contenders put forward so far and I have proven each of them was a lie....do you have a new contender or are you just going to repeat one of the earlier claims?....

Didn't see your previous posts on this but I did find: The Ancient Beginnings of the Virgin Birth Myth Seems to have lots of examples of virgin births in pagan mythology.

BTW I'm on vacation and pretty much off the grid so my replies will be sporadic.
Isis again.....covered several times, sorry....not a story of virgin birth.....

same with Dionysius....
Attis was not the result of a virgin birth, he is said to be the child of Nana and Agdistis....
no mention of virginity.....
Attis (Phrygian deity) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Jason...no mention of virgin birth.....
Jason, in Greek mythology, leader of the Argonauts and son of Aeson, king of Iolcos in Thessaly.
Jason (Greek mythology) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

ditto Perseus
Perseus (king of Macedonia) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Adonis
Traditionally, he was the product of the incestuous love Smyrna (Myrrha) entertained for her own father, the Syrian king Theias
Adonis (Greek mythology) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

unfortunately, you're just another victim of false lists posted at AtheistsRUs websites....

Last edited:

Isis again.....covered several times, sorry....not a story of virgin birth.....

same with Dionysius....
Attis was not the result of a virgin birth, he is said to be the child of Nana and Agdistis....
no mention of virginity.....
Attis (Phrygian deity) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Jason...no mention of virgin birth.....
Jason, in Greek mythology, leader of the Argonauts and son of Aeson, king of Iolcos in Thessaly.
Jason (Greek mythology) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

ditto Perseus
Perseus (king of Macedonia) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Adonis
Traditionally, he was the product of the incestuous love Smyrna (Myrrha) entertained for her own father, the Syrian king Theias
Adonis (Greek mythology) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

unfortunately, you're just another victim of false lists posted at AtheistsRUs websites....

You've obviously discussed virgin biths but if I recall my Greek and Roman mythology correctly, the gods were constantly impregnating mortals who would then give birth to a hero or demi-god. Heracles/Hercules was the son of Zeus and a mortal I believe. Sounds a lot like the story of Jesus to me.

You've obviously discussed virgin biths but if I recall my Greek and Roman mythology correctly, the gods were constantly impregnating mortals who would then give birth to a hero or demi-god. Heracles/Hercules was the son of Zeus and a mortal I believe. Sounds a lot like the story of Jesus to me.
really?.....parallel to the synoptic gospels in your recollection?.....
Zeus, the King of the gods was an unfaithful husband. He had a weakness for worldly pleasures. He fell in love with Alcmene, the wife of Amphitryon. In a short time, Alcmene conceived Hercules.
Greek Mythology Hercules - The Mortal Who Became a God

Zeus, the King of the gods was an unfaithful husband. He had a weakness for worldly pleasures. He fell in love with Alcmene, the wife of Amphitryon. In a short time, Alcmene conceived Hercules.
Much like the Jesus myth.

Much like the Jesus myth.
feel free to quote the verses that support such a claim......

As a young teen, I grew up in a neighborhood with both Christians and Jews and one day while walking I tried to reconcile why one God would have more than one religion. I considered the possibilities:
1 – All religions were true – this seemed unlikely since there were almost an infinite number across the planet and they appeared to fundamentally contradict one another in their morality, concept of God(s), history, etc.
2 – One religion was true while all others were false – this too seemed unlikely as why would God allow people to grow up learning lies and then judge them? Ideally it seemed God would want children to grow up without a religion and would, when they were adult enough to decide for themselves, choose which religion was true based on reason, morality, etc. It would be a conscious decision, not one made for them by their parents or community so if God were to later judge them at least they had a shot at salvation. Obviously this has never been the norm anywhere at any time in the past.
3 – No religion was true – this seemed the only logical answer then and didn’t seem so radical when I realized that if #2 above were true the majority of people in the world were WRONG. It seemed a modest leap from believing most people were wrong to all people were wrong (at that time I didn’t know anyone who admitted to me they did not believe in God).
Despite a lifetime of inquiry, I’ve never found a reason to change this decision.

How about another thought on that subject?

We are spiritual beings. Souls. And for a period of time we inhabit an earthly body. We live on this planet, Earth, where humans have made up religions each meant to shame or guilt people into obeying the rules that humans have made up. These religions are pitted against each other and have, through the ages, added more and more rules of behavior and of accepting or not accepting other religions. Guilt and shame are great for crowd control.

Our Souls, though, are here to learn, to experience, to mature. When we die, whether we belong to a religion or not, whether we have been "good" or "bad", whether we believe or do not believe......... Soul escapes the body that is now dead and goes to a place of love and acceptance to be cleansed of the pains of earthly dwelling. In that place Soul goes over the life that has just ended, learns from its mistakes and its achievements and grows. If the body/person where Soul was dwelling did terrible things during its life, the soul is separated from other souls to recuperate.

All religions are social clubs. That's all they are. We, as Spiritual beings feel the need to seek the meaning of life and we want to know our Creator. While it is possible to learn about our Creator in a religious setting, it is a mistake to believe that human-created religions are something mystical or produce perfect humanity. Religions are for control of people. Period. If someone wants to learn about his/her Spiritual being........... go somewhere else.

A mortal woman give birth to a child that doesn't have a mortal father. Yes I see an obvious parallel.

We are spiritual beings. Souls. And for a period of time we inhabit an earthly body. We live on this planet, Earth, where humans have made up religions each meant to shame or guilt people into obeying the rules that humans have made up. These religions are pitted against each other and have, through the ages, added more and more rules of behavior and of accepting or not accepting other religions. Guilt and shame are great for crowd control.

You view religion through the perspective of Christianity. Judaism and pagan religions were all about getting rewards in this life. You wanted God/gods to like you and bring you good health, prosperity, sons, victory in war, etc. The genius of Christianity was eliminating the link between God/gods and gifts in this life. Christians get their rewards in the next life, not this one. If your sacrifice to a pagan god for a son was not granted or if your city god failed to defend your city from invaders it was obvious. A great crisis in Judaism came when Jews were conquered by foreigners. How could God let that happen to his people? If your rewards were not given until after you die how do you know if your God is real? You got to have faith.

Our Souls, though, are here to learn, to experience, to mature. When we die, whether we belong to a religion or not, whether we have been "good" or "bad", whether we believe or do not believe......... Soul escapes the body that is now dead and goes to a place of love and acceptance to be cleansed of the pains of earthly dwelling. In that place Soul goes over the life that has just ended, learns from its mistakes and its achievements and grows. If the body/person where Soul was dwelling did terrible things during its life, the soul is separated from other souls to recuperate.

This is what you wish life to be and that is fine for you. I can't believe in this "soul" mysticism without some kind of evidence. Your beliefs are no better or worse than anyone elses beliefs. The evidence points to us being expendable vessels for our genes and everything we do are meant to ensure their survival.

Forum List

Back