Why I don't believe in God

Both. We invented god and heaven to make us happy. God doesn't actually exist so ignorance is bliss. You have a hard time with the most basic of thoughts.
You cannot INVENT something to make you happy. It simply doesn't work because your brain knows you invented it an it isn't real. If we had such a capability there would be NO depression... Ever! We'd simply invent something not real and make ourselves happy!

"Ignorance is bliss" still isn't making any sense here... we shouldn't be the least bit distressed by death because we can be blissful in our ignorance... but we're not that way. We are consciously aware of something greater than self... immortality... that is the reason we are distressed about death. It's also why it's unique to our species.

Both. We invented god and heaven to make us happy. God doesn't actually exist so ignorance is bliss. You have a hard time with the most basic of thoughts.
You cannot INVENT something to make you happy. It simply doesn't work because your brain knows you invented it an it isn't real. If we had such a capability there would be NO depression... Ever! We'd simply invent something not real and make ourselves happy!

"Ignorance is bliss" still isn't making any sense here... we shouldn't be the least bit distressed by death because we can be blissful in our ignorance... but we're not that way. We are consciously aware of something greater than self... immortality... that is the reason we are distressed about death. It's also why it's unique to our species.
You make a good point. No one really truly believes. Ever see anyone looking forward to death? Or happy when their loveone passes? Hell no! We tell ourselves they are in a better place and one day we will see them again.

Sorry boss but you are trying too hard. You're over thinking this. What you think is improbable or impossible is indeed true. You've invented something in your head. You talk to it and you think it's involved in your life. And it's the most generic vague definition of God. Only you believes the shit you're saying.

A moon is greater than self. The universe is greater than self. What you're doing is thinking you are greater than you actually are. You're just the smartest animal on this planet. But really not that smart yet. You/we have a lot of evolving to do.

And in 5000 years we will still be debating this but I suspect all the ancient religions(Christian Muslim Jewish) will be abandoned

You didn't invent the idea your ancestors did. You're brainwashed

Why, because you got mad when I defended someone else you were being very mean to? Bonzi? You said you were going to block me. I saw you did not block me but I didn't reply to you once trying to purposely stay away from your bitch ass. Then today you kind of broke the truce in this thread. So I win by the way. I didn't reply to you once, you replied to me. LOL. I knew you loved me. But I also see you are still pouting. Difference between real life and here is you can't use your vagina to make me say sorry. I don't care that you are a pretty little girl on here.

And it is sad we can't get along because religiously and politically we agree on a lot of shit. The only time we ever butt heads is when you are being a bitch or narcissist.

And I see your posts all the time. I see very little difference between what you post and what I post. You like to be shocking, blunt and unapologetic, me too. So what makes me a troll and you not a troll?
I think you're attracted to her.
And don't worry Dhara. As long as you aren't a total bitch like ChrisL we will get along just fine. It's why she's a lonely spinster in her late 40's.
I like Chris a lot.

Again, like I told you, he is another weirdo. He has harassed me from day 1, and I didn't even know who he was. He is just NOT a good person, IMO. :) A person who has some serious issues.
He doesn't bother me, Chris. Maybe he's got a crush or something.
I would like to apologize to Chris for being rude. I agree with her politics and thoughts on religion and other topics. Just when it goes personal we butt heads. Chris I'll try to avoid getting into it with you on personal shit.

I have a guy on here I love in the sports area but hate his politics. We don't talk politics when we are talking sports.

why one would not believe there to be an Almighty as based on the neuralcepters found in "brains" of only half the life forms on Earth may more represent a reason they are Spiritless than a realistic understanding of what actually constitute living beings, their origin and the perimeters as purity associated with their existence..
What the fuck did you just say?

th

not everyone is obsessed with refuting scriptural religions as you though commendable that pursuit in the end is not a refutation of an Almighty any less than the pursuit of the earlier forms of spoken mythology being refuted by the same scriptures or as today by science.

there will always be a Poseidon.

why one would not believe there to be an Almighty as based on the neuralcepters found in "brains" of only half the life forms on Earth may more represent a reason they are Spiritless than a realistic understanding of what actually constitute living beings, their origin and the perimeters as purity associated with their existence..
What the fuck did you just say?

th

not everyone is obsessed with refuting scriptural religions as you though commendable that pursuit in the end is not a refutation of an Almighty any less than the pursuit of the earlier forms of spoken mythology being refuted by the same scriptures or as today by science.

there will always be a Poseidon.

Exactly, I think?

You make a good point. No one really truly believes. Ever see anyone looking forward to death? Or happy when their loveone passes? Hell no! We tell ourselves they are in a better place and one day we will see them again.

Sorry boss but you are trying too hard. You're over thinking this. What you think is improbable or impossible is indeed true. You've invented something in your head. You talk to it and you think it's involved in your life. And it's the most generic vague definition of God. Only you believes the shit you're saying.

A moon is greater than self. The universe is greater than self. What you're doing is thinking you are greater than you actually are. You're just the smartest animal on this planet. But really not that smart yet. You/we have a lot of evolving to do.

And in 5000 years we will still be debating this but I suspect all the ancient religions(Christian Muslim Jewish) will be abandoned

I'm not "over-thinking" anything, just applying basic logic and biological science. We tell ourselves the dead are in a better place because we are spiritually-aware creatures who believe in a better place where our immortal spirit goes... this is an intrinsic and inseparable belief humans have always had and it defines our species. You've fooled yourself into believing this is something we invented even though the evidence shows we couldn't have invented it. It defies nature and logic for this to be something we invented. You can find evidence for when humans invented anything other than spirituality. The reason for that is simple, we didn't invent it... we couldn't have... if we had, it would have quickly become obsolete as our brains figured out it was futile and pointless to believe an invention of something fake. Other than 'novelty' you can't just think up something from imagination and have it serve some vital tangible purpose... it doesn't work. I can believe in fairies and gnomes but I can't cause them to serve some vital purpose in reality.

The moon is not "greater than self" and you demonstrate you don't comprehend what I am saying. I'm not talking about a physical greatness in quantity. I am talking about a power which transcends the physical. I assume you do believe in love, right? That would be an example of something non-physical that can be greater than self. That's not the moon or the physical universe. Does the moon make you love someone or not love them? Does the universe make you desire to leave a better world behind after you're gone? Those are spiritual inclinations driven by your spiritual awareness.

You have no idea what the future holds for our species. You can speculate based on assumptions but you have no crystal ball or way of knowing the future. If we still exist in 5k years, we'll still be spiritual creatures for the most part, just as we always have been... it defines our species. Religions are man-made constructs which CONFIRM our spirituality... they may come and go, they always have. Spirituality is a constant for our species. It will never happen but IF we wiped out all human spirituality, we'd cease to be human. We would devolve into highly-intelligent predatory beasts operating by the laws of the jungle and self-preservation... I promise you, it would be a bad world.

operating by the laws of the jungle and self-preservation... I promise you, it would be a bad world.

I promise you, it would be a bad world.

of course, Flora is the bedrock of evil ... and who would have known but a "Spiritualist".

I'm not "over-thinking" anything, just applying basic logic and biological science. We tell ourselves the dead are in a better place because we are spiritually-aware creatures who believe in a better place where our immortal spirit goes... this is an intrinsic and inseparable belief humans have always had and it defines our species. You've fooled yourself into believing this is something we invented even though the evidence shows we couldn't have invented it. It defies nature and logic for this to be something we invented. You can find evidence for when humans invented anything other than spirituality. The reason for that is simple, we didn't invent it... we couldn't have... if we had, it would have quickly become obsolete as our brains figured out it was futile and pointless to believe an invention of something fake. Other than 'novelty' you can't just think up something from imagination and have it serve some vital tangible purpose... it doesn't work. I can believe in fairies and gnomes but I can't cause them to serve some vital purpose in reality.

The moon is not "greater than self" and you demonstrate you don't comprehend what I am saying. I'm not talking about a physical greatness in quantity. I am talking about a power which transcends the physical. I assume you do believe in love, right? That would be an example of something non-physical that can be greater than self. That's not the moon or the physical universe. Does the moon make you love someone or not love them? Does the universe make you desire to leave a better world behind after you're gone? Those are spiritual inclinations driven by your spiritual awareness.

You have no idea what the future holds for our species. You can speculate based on assumptions but you have no crystal ball or way of knowing the future. If we still exist in 5k years, we'll still be spiritual creatures for the most part, just as we always have been... it defines our species. Religions are man-made constructs which CONFIRM our spirituality... they may come and go, they always have. Spirituality is a constant for our species. It will never happen but IF we wiped out all human spirituality, we'd cease to be human. We would devolve into highly-intelligent predatory beasts operating by the laws of the jungle and self-preservation... I promise you, it would be a bad world.
I have no idea what the future holds but you do. Got it. Lol

I don't know any more than you, I speculate based on the assumption we will continue being what we've always been.

I don't know any more than you, I speculate based on the assumption we will continue being what we've always been.
I think there might be a creator but believing one exists is not a requirement.

You can believe there is a God but anything beyond that is just wild human speculation. What happens when you die? What happens to bad people vs. Good? Who knows. The Greeks imagined average people didn't to to heaven and we imagined they do, if they are "good". Christianity says good won't cut it. No one is good so we have to believe a story. Very clever.

So we imagined up heaven and most likely God too

I think you're attracted to her.
And don't worry Dhara. As long as you aren't a total bitch like ChrisL we will get along just fine. It's why she's a lonely spinster in her late 40's.
I like Chris a lot.

Again, like I told you, he is another weirdo. He has harassed me from day 1, and I didn't even know who he was. He is just NOT a good person, IMO. :) A person who has some serious issues.
He doesn't bother me, Chris. Maybe he's got a crush or something.
I would like to apologize to Chris for being rude. I agree with her politics and thoughts on religion and other topics. Just when it goes personal we butt heads. Chris I'll try to avoid getting into it with you on personal shit.

I have a guy on here I love in the sports area but hate his politics. We don't talk politics when we are talking sports.

I accept your apology and I also apologize for saying mean things to you. HOWEVER, we do not have any kind of a "personal" relationship. You are the one who tries to get "personal." I have asked you to stop doing that many times now. But I'm willing to let it go.

You can believe there is a God but anything beyond that is just wild human speculation. What happens when you die? What happens to bad people vs. Good? Who knows. The Greeks imagined average people didn't to to heaven and we imagined they do, if they are "good". Christianity says good won't cut it. No one is good so we have to believe a story. Very clever.

I don't know about creators or heaven, those are man-made constructs inspired by our spiritual awareness... they could be true, false, partially true or whatever... we don't know. What we DO know is that humans make a spiritual connection with some force greater than self and they always have. Whatever men preaching religions say, has nothing to do with this. So many like you are simply hell bent on rejecting Christianity that you can't even be objective about this and it's frustrating to me because I don't come here to argue for Christian beliefs. I don't know if Christians are right or wrong or partially right or partially wrong... I have no idea and I don't concern myself with what I don't know. I only know that humans make a profound connection with something, a force beyond the physical, something greater than ourselves which inspires us to invent, create, imagine, achieve, persevere and triumph over adversity. I don't give a damn what you want to CALL it... call it "umpa-lumpa" for all I care... we've got it and we've always had it. Logic and biology suggests we always will have it and it can't be stomped out of the hearts of man. You can certainly TRY but you'll fail like countless others have failed through history. It's an intrinsic and inseparable thing that makes us unique as a species. It continues to be our most defining attribute as a species.

deinosuchusWC.JPG

there are goals and combinations when accomplished produce effects that may be unique for that moment but can then be sustained for millennia and even through ages - the modern crocodiles appeared 200 million years ago and have little changed since that time ...

it is not only how Life began but what from its beginning led to the diversity caused by individual organisms attaining the knowledge and then creating for themselves an entirely new set of circumstances that then reflect the new mold from that point forward till again a new discovery changes the organism yet again or then chooses as the crocodile to remain the same for over 200 million years.

there should be little doubt there will be an organism that will find in time the means to sustain itself without a physiology and live by that means an indeterminate number of years to possibly sustain itself for millennia, ages and beyond.

the ingredients though or if an Almighty may already exist to have accomplished the above goal are certain to be stringent but by the example of the crocodile seem credible and if not already accomplished as can be imagined must already exist.

hidden in written scriptures, spoken religions are clues - such that were an individual to reach the Apex of Knowledge or to accomplish the Triumph of Good vs Evil, just what would they find beyond those plateaus and then be able to accomplish.

and why an already accomplished Almighty would insure the correct Triumph prevails and not the otherway around ...

The "Almighty" and "Everlasting" is spiritual nature. It is what created crocodiles, Flora, Fauna, and everything physical in a physical universe with a physical reality of mathematics, matter. time and space. It's logical because none of those things are capable of creating themselves. Humans have the capacity to recognize their spiritual awareness and act upon it. Whether other living things can or can't is incidental to the fact that humans are inspired by it to become something greater. It remains our most defining attribute as a species.

Our spiritual connection cannot be summarily dismissed as an invention that defies all logic and reason. It would be like finding an automobile and presuming the auto created itself out of a fear that it wouldn't become a mode of transportation.... it makes no rational sense. We would know that someone or something created the automobile because it cannot create itself. It was intentionally created to serve a purpose, just as spiritual nature created physics for a purpose. If we had never seen an automobile before, we might speculate on what purpose it was to serve but we would indeed conclude it was created for some purpose and reason by something other than itself. Anything else defies logic and reason.

I don't know about creators or heaven, those are man-made constructs inspired by our spiritual awareness... they could be true, false, partially true or whatever... we don't know. What we DO know is that humans make a spiritual connection with some force greater than self and they always have. Whatever men preaching religions say, has nothing to do with this. So many like you are simply hell bent on rejecting Christianity that you can't even be objective about this and it's frustrating to me because I don't come here to argue for Christian beliefs. I don't know if Christians are right or wrong or partially right or partially wrong... I have no idea and I don't concern myself with what I don't know. I only know that humans make a profound connection with something, a force beyond the physical, something greater than ourselves which inspires us to invent, create, imagine, achieve, persevere and triumph over adversity. I don't give a damn what you want to CALL it... call it "umpa-lumpa" for all I care... we've got it and we've always had it. Logic and biology suggests we always will have it and it can't be stomped out of the hearts of man. You can certainly TRY but you'll fail like countless others have failed through history. It's an intrinsic and inseparable thing that makes us unique as a species. It continues to be our most defining attribute as a species.
There was a time when I realized religions were made up but I still had a personal relationship with God. Then I realized I was talking to myself. And now I think believing in God has and is holding us back.

Look how much time you spend trying to convince us that there's something greater than self. I disagree. Does that make you better? I don't see the need for it.

There was a time when I realized religions were made up but I still had a personal relationship with God. Then I realized I was talking to myself. And now I think believing in God has and is holding us back.

Look how much time you spend trying to convince us that there's something greater than self. I disagree. Does that make you better? I don't see the need for it.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Just trying to show you how your assumptions and conjectures are invalid and aren't supported by logic or scientific evidence.If you want to remain a dummy the rest of your life, that's up to you... to quote a certain poster we both know... ignorance is bliss.

I've not argued in favor of any conceptualization of God. To me, these are simply evidence that humans have intrinsic spiritual awareness and therefore, have a need to explain that somehow. If there IS or ISN'T some "Godhead" figure or deity... I can't say.... I don't know that. What I know, again, is that there IS a spiritual force surrounding us all the time. It compels us toward the light and away from the darkness. It drives us toward good and away from evil. Fundamentally, it is what makes us human beings with humanity.

Can it also manifest itself in negative ways to the detriment of mankind? Certainly. But by and large, it is why we climbed down out of the trees, harnessed fire, invented the wheel, created written and spoken language, formed great civilizations, went to the moon, cured diseases and harnessed nuclear energy, etc.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Just trying to show you how your assumptions and conjectures are invalid and aren't supported by logic or scientific evidence.If you want to remain a dummy the rest of your life, that's up to you... to quote a certain poster we both know... ignorance is bliss.

I've not argued in favor of any conceptualization of God. To me, these are simply evidence that humans have intrinsic spiritual awareness and therefore, have a need to explain that somehow. If there IS or ISN'T some "Godhead" figure or deity... I can't say.... I don't know that. What I know, again, is that there IS a spiritual force surrounding us all the time. It compels us toward the light and away from the darkness. It drives us toward good and away from evil. Fundamentally, it is what makes us human beings with humanity.

Can it also manifest itself in negative ways to the detriment of mankind? Certainly. But by and large, it is why we climbed down out of the trees, harnessed fire, invented the wheel, created written and spoken language, formed great civilizations, went to the moon, cured diseases and harnessed nuclear energy, etc.
It is not the reason we did any of those things. The trees died and monkeys were forced to climb down and walk rather than swing from tree to tree.

And we went to the moon to beat the Russians. Carl Sagan did that

It is not the reason we did any of those things. The trees died and monkeys were forced to climb down and walk rather than swing from tree to tree.

And you're full of malarkey.

And you're full of malarkey.
I thought I was full of soul. Now you say I'm full of malarkey?. Lol.

Forum List

Back