Why I don't believe in God

Would you believe in God if nothing bad ever happened here on earth?

Would believe if instead of this story it read something like, "Church van miraculously avoids certain death as if the angels themselves descended from heaven to save the day."

Instead, it's only ever stuff like this and this below,

Survivors of deadliest drunk driving crash in U.S. history still bear scars 25 years after 27 were killed in horrific bus fire

"Twenty five years ago Tuesday, 27 people were killed when a wrong-way driver slammed into a church bus and the survivors still bear the scars of that horrific night.

The crash in rural Carrollton, Kentucky, on May 14, 1988 caused the packed bus to burst into flames. Temperatures rose to 1,500 degrees within 90 seconds. "

Your concept of God is flawed. The God of the Bible doesn't promise utopia, but he does promise that if yo follow him it will be worth it.
For the most powerful Being in the universe to restrain his power, proves what a loving God He actually is. I don't think God is a micro manager.
You talk like death is the end of it all. Life on the other side is just like here, only without the body of flesh and bones. One of the purposes of a body of flesh and bones is to experience pain, and suffering, and yes even death.
I believe in God. I don't think I'll know Him anymore when I meet him than I know Him now.
I look for God in life. Give it a try, maybe there's something to this God thing

If God can create sentient beings on a whim, if Jesus can create food and bread to feed multitudes, then can both save their own faithful once in fucking while.

Bastard who murdered those kids blew a .24 BAC and 'He was released from prison in 1999 after serving nearly 11 years of his 17-year sentence. '

Would smile-kill him and I don't care if they execute me for it. That's a death I"d be ok with.

Would believe if instead of this story it read something like, "Church van miraculously avoids certain death as if the angels themselves descended from heaven to save the day."

Survivors of deadliest drunk driving crash in U.S. history still bear scars 25 years after 27 were killed in horrific bus fire

"Twenty five years ago Tuesday, 27 people were killed when a wrong-way driver slammed into a church bus and the survivors still bear the scars of that horrific night.

The crash in rural Carrollton, Kentucky, on May 14, 1988 caused the packed bus to burst into flames. Temperatures rose to 1,500 degrees within 90 seconds. "
You didn't answer my question. Many people say they don't believe in God because He lets bad things happen. All that says is you will consider doing God the honor of believing in Him if only He would be what YOU want Him to be.

If God can create sentient beings on a whim, if Jesus can create food and bread to feed multitudes, then can both save their own faithful once in fucking while.
why don't you try this. This is your goal for today.
Just for today try and be a little kinder than you were yesterday
Try and be a little more loving than you were yesterday.
Try and be more helpful with others and a little less selfish today than you were yesterday
See how that works for ya

There is a thread on this board about Godly miracles.
When they happen, people that don't believe call is luck.
When nothing happens, they blame God for not interceding.

God has or will reveal Himself to you at some point in your life. You just have to submit... for your own good.

Don't blame God, the snake in the garden is to blame.

God has or will reveal Himself to you at some point in your life. You just have to submit... for your own good.
When I look at the Christian Right wing ...this is a gang that clalims to Represent God and Godliness and Jesus ...when I look at those folks and I see their vicious psychotic hatred for poor people I say to myself "why would a God allow these fools to Fly God's Flag" ":
If I am God "I smite them":.. so people do not come to believe these Jackasses Represent me... Save "your brand" God...

Ex-GOP Sen. Alan Simpson: Morality police ‘ask for Jesus while they’re diddling their secretary’

why don't you try this. This is your goal for today.
Just for today try and be a little kinder than you were yesterday
Try and be a little more loving than you were yesterday.
Try and be more helpful with others and a little less selfish today than you were yesterday
See how that works for ya

Good advice.

When I look at the Christian Right wing ...this is a gang that clalims to Represent God and Godliness and Jesus ...when I look at those folks and I see their vicious psychotic hatred for poor people I say to myself "why would a God allow these fools to Fly God's Flag" ":

TS, I wonder that too to be honest. My husband and I have this discussion often. We just left a church because we didn't agree with the Pastor, but, then wonder why "clowns" like Benny Hinn and Joel Osteen prosper. I bet there are some very mature and informed Christians that have good answers for this - unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

I can only say that Satan is allowed to work on people and do his Evil in this world. Christians (TRUE Christians) are to be the salt and light and stand out - and, unfortunately, there seems to be very few.

Just know that I do KNOW and AGREE there are many people carrying God's flag and professing to be Christians and either are not or are so misguided they are damaging God and his Gospel far more than any atheist could ever do....

Just know that I do KNOW and AGREE there are many people carrying God's flag and professing to be Christians and either are not or are so misguided they are damaging God and his Gospel far more than any atheist could ever do....

and where is God while they are doing this ????

By the way I want to make it clear I believe in "God"..... its just not the childish immature beliefs of the organized Religions....there is simply no doubt I am a child of God of the Universe...any analysis of my blood would show the presence of Iron in my blood...Iron is born in the belly of stars and its presence shows my universal DNA,,, call God OSOTU or the Operating System of the Universe...but more familiarly is use the bane "Tetra'...which is a short version of "Tetragramaton" a name for God that means the four sounds of God's name ....OSOTU is extremely generous to me for reasons I cannot fathom..... I feel Tetra ...I feel the entity ...that is how I know I go on....

Last edited:

and where is God while they are doing this ????

He's here but we have free will.
That is not to say God could not have something "happen" to them, but, there is a plan on what will happen on this Earth. Unfortunately, it WILL wax worse and worse. In many ways.

This was not God's original plan. He set up a paradise for us, yet Satan tempted Adam and Even and they gave in to the temptation and chose (by their own free will) to reject God's paradise.

I wish I had the answers - or even something that would make others at least CONSIDER and have a glimpse of the love of God.

My only answer is that I am not a simpleton. I have been an Atheist. But I have experienced God's love and mercy in my life and have seen it in others. I give in to my decadent and selfish desires, I would probably even say I'm a back-slidden Christian at this point. I even doubt my Christianity at times. Many Christians would say this means I am not even saved or a Christian at all.

Either way, I believe. God is real. And whether it makes sense to you or not, I believe that more than anything.
But I understand why people don't.

TS, I wonder that too to be honest. My husband and I have this discussion often. We just left a church because we didn't agree with the Pastor, but, then wonder why "clowns" like Benny Hinn and Joel Osteen prosper. I bet there are some very mature and informed Christians that have good answers for this - unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

I can only say that Satan is allowed to work on people and do his Evil in this world. Christians (TRUE Christians) are to be the salt and light and stand out - and, unfortunately, there seems to be very few.

The TV church is what it is....I guess. LOL
People say they don't believe in organized religion. I think ya have to have some organization or you have chaos.
Good luck in you search

No one needs an organization to connect with OSOTU.... one is always connected to OSOTU...otherwise one would not be alive or sentient...

Forum List

Back