Why I don't believe in God

Well no it's not and you haven't proven that with any evidence.

If, as you claim, we are "distressed about death" and we have superior intellect.... things with less superior intellect should be even more distressed because they would understand it even less. But we don't see apes and chimps having nervous breakdowns because they know they will die one day. Your hypothesis is without support.

It's also not "wishful thinking" or it wouldn't exist in a creature of our superior intellect. What fundamental purpose does a wishful thought serve? If there were no intrinsic value we would have discarded the behavior as useless. Any living organism we have ever studied has behavioral attributes for a reason. Trivial and meaningless behavior doesn't exist as a fundamental attribute of anything. So now, this hypothesis of yours, which you've failed to support with logic or science, actually contradicts what we observe in nature.

My gosh, please tell me you aren't really this dumb and brainwashed. I have to leave this thread before I start being mean. Lol.

You're too late, you've already been mean and insulting to me. I've not been like that to you. I've addressed your points with logic, science ans reasoning. I've demonstrated how your hypothesis fails and it pissed you off so you became hostile and insulting. It's too late to take that back now.

Well, that's why I've been trying to avoid you. I think you're basically a nice person, but a confused person. I don't really want to be mean to you, but you annoy the crap out of me. Lol. :bye1:

I'm sorry you're annoyed by me refuting your arguments with logic and science.
Wishful thinking eliviates the stress of not knowing what happens when we die. We still don't know how we got here so the God hypothesis hasn't gone away. Plus we are such a new species. Give it time.

And lesser animals aren't smart enough to imagine a God but a more evolved species would recognize God is an invention we made up.

You are proof we haven't God superior intellect. Seems more like ignorant arrogance to me.

Let's say humans have been here for 1 million years. Dinosaurs and trilobites were here for billions of years before us. God didn't care about their souls but he cares about ours? Nonsense

This post is so full of ignorance, stupidity and speculation that I don't even know how to address it all. Part of it has already been addressed, ad nauseum. We didn't "invent" a meaningless behavioral attribute which is intrinsic to our species... that simply flies in the face of nature and makes NO logical sense. And where the hell do you get off telling us how a more evolved species would think? You haven't even evolved to a functional human yet... you're still like the monkeys, clueless about your spirituality.

If, as you claim, we are "distressed about death" and we have superior intellect.... things with less superior intellect should be even more distressed because they would understand it even less. But we don't see apes and chimps having nervous breakdowns because they know they will die one day. Your hypothesis is without support.

It's also not "wishful thinking" or it wouldn't exist in a creature of our superior intellect. What fundamental purpose does a wishful thought serve? If there were no intrinsic value we would have discarded the behavior as useless. Any living organism we have ever studied has behavioral attributes for a reason. Trivial and meaningless behavior doesn't exist as a fundamental attribute of anything. So now, this hypothesis of yours, which you've failed to support with logic or science, actually contradicts what we observe in nature.
Lots of reasons why we continue the wishful thinking. Plus we are such a young species. Give it time. As we evolve we become less spiritual

Lots of reasons why we continue the wishful thinking. Plus we are such a young species. Give it time. As we evolve we become less spiritual

Go ahead and believe in your gods. What the hell do I care? I'll just go on thinking you are silly and brainwashed.

You obviously care quite a bit, judging by the inordinate amount of time you're spending here on two God threads, arguing as fast as your fingers can type for countless hours, days on end.

It's funny how your reasoning always boils down to people being silly and brainwashed. You can't support your arguments, you can't offer any credible evidence to support your claims, and you just continue to repeat the same shit over and over as you bash and trash those who disagree. You've stopped even trying to pretend to be objective.
Well you think you make these gotcha aha points but they are all fatally flawed. You think because "so far" we've always been spiritual that this proves something. It doesn't.

And of course we believe in "something greater than self" but the fact is you think it's a God and I think it's the universe itself.

You think there is something greater than the universe even though you don't know exactly what it is or what it can do. You believe in the unknown.

My gosh, please tell me you aren't really this dumb and brainwashed. I have to leave this thread before I start being mean. Lol.

You're too late, you've already been mean and insulting to me. I've not been like that to you. I've addressed your points with logic, science ans reasoning. I've demonstrated how your hypothesis fails and it pissed you off so you became hostile and insulting. It's too late to take that back now.
Where does logic and science support notions of magical spirit realms?

What the hell are "spirit realms"? :dunno:

It's what you describe as your invention of spiritual nature.

Go ahead and believe in your gods. What the hell do I care? I'll just go on thinking you are silly and brainwashed.

You obviously care quite a bit, judging by the inordinate amount of time you're spending here on two God threads, arguing as fast as your fingers can type for countless hours, days on end.

It's funny how your reasoning always boils down to people being silly and brainwashed. You can't support your arguments, you can't offer any credible evidence to support your claims, and you just continue to repeat the same shit over and over as you bash and trash those who disagree. You've stopped even trying to pretend to be objective.
Well you think you make these gotcha aha points but they are all fatally flawed. You think because "so far" we've always been spiritual that this proves something. It doesn't.

And of course we believe in "something greater than self" but the fact is you think it's a God and I think it's the universe itself.

You think there is something greater than the universe even though you don't know exactly what it is or what it can do. You believe in the unknown.
Bossy confuses fear and superstition as something he calls spirit realms. Fear and superstition has often been used as the method to control and coerce those who are fearful and superstitious.

A. You are just smart enough to invent God and at the same time dumb enough to believe it. But not smart enough to see how and why humans made it up.

Your logic isn't logical.

And why can't you see what purpose wishful thinking serves? Ever hear ignorance is bliss?

Not to mention it's been forced on us for thousands of years. Notice during the great Enlightenment Period science advanced when religion stopped fighting it.

IMO, believing or not believing in God is beside the point.

What is it that gives your life a positive forward direction? That's more the issue.

What is it that gives your life a positive forward direction? That's more the issue.
Instead of worrying about why we are here , a question we may never answer, try to give your life purpose. You can make this world a better place just by being nice.

It is the least I can do. And don't ever let it be said I didn't at least do the least I could do.

I would love to give the generations after us more cures, less poverty, a greener planet, a great standard of living and quality of life, a less corrupt government, less war, less bullies, less crime, affordable healthcare for all.

No God necessary to want to do the right thing. In fact many theists don't want to do the right thing.

Instead of worrying about why we are here , a question we may never answer, try to give your life purpose. You can make this world a better place just by being nice.

It is the least I can do. And don't ever let it be said I didn't at least do the least I could do.

I would love to give the generations after us more cures, less poverty, a greener planet, a great standard of living and quality of life, a less corrupt government, less war, less bullies, less crime, affordable healthcare for all.

No God necessary to want to do the right thing. In fact many theists don't want to do the right thing.
Great post. I'm inviting you to take a look at the thread on Recovery in the Health and Lifestyle forum.

Well, that's why I've been trying to avoid you. I think you're basically a nice person, but a confused person. I don't really want to be mean to you, but you annoy the crap out of me. Lol. :bye1:

I'm sorry you're annoyed by me refuting your arguments with logic and science.

I don't think you know what either of those things are. Lol. :lol:

We are humble and afraid of death and even curious slightly intelligent but not always logical.

It's just wild speculation you have to admit that. Our ancient ancestors came up with the idea there must be a God. 7000 years ago we started claiming to have met it. But the reality is we're right back where we were 7001 years ago.

1% separates us and the monkeys we came from. I wonder if a species on another planet that is 1% smarter than us still believes. I'm sure they debate a generic God but I wonder if most of them believe or don't. And I wonder if organized religions ruled them when they were less evolved

It's not wild speculation and we didn't come up with the idea. You've never been able to support that claim and it's because it can't be supported. If we came up with some wild speculative idea that had no merit it would have died out like any other wild speculative idea we've come up with. But 90% of the species remains spiritual. Different religions rise and fall but human spirituality remains consistent throughout history.

1% separates us from the monkeys but they don't grapple with their own mortality because they have no concept of immortality... we do.
Yea because 7000 years ago they claimed God visited and people still believe that myth.

And yes God is speculative. No proof. Just because all great apes (us) believe it is no evidence. God is 100% speculation.

Remember the Greek gods? Wild speculation, ?

Human spirituality isn't speculative. It's an undeniable fact of human behavior. It goes back much further than 7k years.
Spirituality doesn't prove a God exists sorry nice try. It proves humans are spiritual. We believe in ghosts devils demons angels and gods. So what?

At one time we speculated lots of gods today we speculate 1

You're right, it doesn't prove God... it is what it is. We are spiritual. We have a connection with something greater than self. It is through this we form beliefs in all the things you mention. We certainly do not all worship the same God. You can't say what amount of that is true or not true, that's just a much of a speculation. The one thing you can't deny is that humans are spiritual and always have been.

I don't know why you always pat yourself on the back for the point that someone hasn't proven God... it's almost like your tiny little mind fully expects someone to one day prove God to you or something. When did I claim that I proved God? All I have proof of is that humans are spiritually connected to something greater than self. You're free to draw conclusions on what that is.

No, YOU feel that you have a connection to something "greater than self." You don't speak for others, like I've told you before. You can only speak for yourself.

Great post. I'm inviting you to take a look at the thread on Recovery in the Health and Lifestyle forum.

He is not "nice" at all. Lol. He's kind of a jerk actually.

He is not "nice" at all. Lol. He's kind of a jerk actually.
Let her figure that out for herself. I saw the other day even Boss called you out for being a bitch. But I have noticed you haven't been such a b when I run across you lately. Maybe you're being a little more sensitive to other people's feelings? Good for you Chris!

Don't believe him and don't fall for his garbage. He is another internet troll, though a bit more mild than some of the others. :)

why one would not believe there to be an Almighty as based on the neuralcepters found in "brains" of only half the life forms on Earth may more represent a reason they are Spiritless than a realistic understanding of what actually constitute living beings, their origin and the perimeters as purity associated with their existence.

Don't believe him and don't fall for his garbage. He is another internet troll, though a bit more mild than some of the others. :)
Why, because you got mad when I defended someone else you were being very mean to? Bonzi? You said you were going to block me. I saw you did not block me but I didn't reply to you once trying to purposely stay away from your bitch ass. Then today you kind of broke the truce in this thread. So I win by the way. I didn't reply to you once, you replied to me. LOL. I knew you loved me. But I also see you are still pouting. Difference between real life and here is you can't use your vagina to make me say sorry. I don't care that you are a pretty little girl on here.

And it is sad we can't get along because religiously and politically we agree on a lot of shit. The only time we ever butt heads is when you are being a bitch or narcissist.

And I see your posts all the time. I see very little difference between what you post and what I post. You like to be shocking, blunt and unapologetic, me too. So what makes me a troll and you not a troll?

why one would not believe there to be an Almighty as based on the neuralcepters found in "brains" of only half the life forms on Earth may more represent a reason they are Spiritless than a realistic understanding of what actually constitute living beings, their origin and the perimeters as purity associated with their existence.

What the fuck did you just say?

Forum List

Back