Why I don't believe in God

The only requirement to be a Christian is to believe Jesus was who he said he was. That's it, nothing more.
So what's the downside in being a Christian?

Being told we are all created equally?
Love your neighbor as yourself?
Take care of the widows and orphans?
The greatest power on earth is love?

What exactly is it that hundreds of millions of people should know that should convince them they have made a huge mistake in their life?
A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel. You've been lied and swallowed it but don't expect others not to call out the lie.

Did you hear about the online church that has to give back millions for fraud prayer for money? If you don't see all the problems with your message, maybe you don't have the ability to be impartial.

Nothing wrong with your message if you just leave out the stories.

And if only more Christians stayed on message maybe we'd be less put off by you guys.

I agree with all those messages regardless of who said them. Like ghandi Jesus sounded like a good man. Some say perfect. Maybe humans need the lie? I doubt that. I think in many ways it has held us back.

The only requirement to be a Christian is to believe Jesus was who he said he was. That's it, nothing more.

What exactly is it that hundreds of millions of people should know that should convince them they have made a huge mistake in their life?
A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel. You've been lied and swallowed it but don't expect others not to call out the lie.

Did you hear about the online church that has to give back millions for fraud prayer for money? If you don't see all the problems with your message, maybe you don't have the ability to be impartial.

And if only more Christians stayed on message maybe we'd be less put off by you guys.

I agree with all those messages regardless of who said them. Like ghandi Jesus sounded like a good man. Some say perfect. Maybe humans need the lie? I doubt that. I think in many ways it has held us back.
I have zero idea why some people use people to judge God.

Again, what's the downside to this belief?

Yesterday a member posted a video about the horrible ways people were tortured.

I said before that rulers use religion to control the masses but maybe the lie also served another purpose. Maybe it got rulers to stop murdering their subjects. Religion certainly has its positives or it wouldn't exist

I said before that rulers use religion to control the masses but maybe the lie also served another purpose. Maybe it got rulers to stop murdering their subjects. Religion certainly has its positives or it wouldn't exist
You never answered the man's question. Have some fucking respect you stupid fk!

If it is misused, for example if they use religion to discriminate or lead us to holy wars with the middle East.

No downside to teaching your message. Is that your only message?

If it is misused, for example if they use religion to discriminate or lead us to holy wars with the middle East.

What do you mean by using religion to discriminate? By saying murder is wrong or being told some things are wrong that you want to do anyway?

It makes people sheep and ignorant to science. It gets them to be judgemental of people who aren't members of their club. And all too often the church is full of assholes who go to church 1 day a week to make up for being horrible people 6

What do you mean by using religion to discriminate? By saying murder is wrong or being told some things are wrong that you want to do anyway?
Is jc456 going to yell at me for not understanding your point?

Imagine how we could wipe out poverty if every week instead of putting money into the churches pot all that money went right to a general fund that helped the poor.

George Carlin was right. Greatest bs story ever told.

It makes people sheep and ignorant to science. It gets them to be judgemental of people who aren't members of their club. And all too often the church is full of assholes who go to church 1 day a week to make up for being horrible people 6
I counter that the hatred of God makes people delusional and lie to themselves. Isaac Newton was a devout Christian. Bach said all his music was devoted to God.

Again, tell us why it is bad for society to be judgemental, especially since your being so judgemental yourself.

I counter that the hatred of God makes people delusional and lie to themselves. Isaac Newton was a devout Christian. Bach said all his music was devoted to God.

Again, tell us why it is bad for society to be judgemental, especially since your being so judgemental yourself.
You have no idea what they believed. People back then couldn't be outspoken atheists

Imagine how we could wipe out poverty if every week instead of putting money into the churches pot all that money went right to a general fund that helped the poor.

So Big Government is your God.
Name one member of government living in a remote third world village helping people and getting no salary. Name one government agency run efficiently with 85% of its revenue directly reaching those in need.

You have no idea what they believed. People back then couldn't be outspoken atheists
I know exactly what Newton and Bach believed, they wrote it down.

Like I said, delusional and living in your own fantasy bubble world.

I don't hate God. See that's where you get confused. You keep claiming we blame God for humans faults. Or that we hate God. You say we attack God. You don't understand that we simply don't think one exists. Then you want to know what the down side is to believing a lie? Nothing. Ignorance is bliss

So the only ones to attack are you theists because there is no god.

And keep in mind you aren't one harmonious group who all agree on anything.

So Big Government is your God.
Name one member of government living in a remote third world village helping people and getting no salary. Name one government agency run efficiently with 85% of its revenue directly reaching those in need.
The vadican does a lot of good. Not nearly enough but a lot. They also have a fortune. Id be generous too.

You want to know what's wrong with religion? Just look at Christian Americans voting patterns

It doesn't matter what they be

It doesn't matter what they believed.

Just like today atheists tend to be smarter than theists and a very high number of scientists today are not.

None of newtons experiments were religious. Don't care what he believed personally about gays God or racism.

I don't hate God. See that's where you get confused. You keep claiming we blame God for humans faults. Or that we hate God. You say we attack God. You don't understand that we simply don't think one exists. Then you want to know what the down side is to believing a lie? Nothing. Ignorance is bliss

You create strawmen to support your position, I said no such things. I merely pointed out you use humans to judge God.

And again you display your delusion and hatred. No one, believers and nonbelievers knows 100% of Gods existence.

Can you answer the question of what is the downside of one believing in Jesus or not?

You talk of God

You try to talk as if God existing is a given. You haven't even established it is real and want to ask what's the downside to believing it is? How intellectually lazy of you

I don't hate God personally. I can't hate what I feel doesn't exist. I hate how being religious means that your view of morality and even truth has to take presedence above all others. You have ppl blowing themselves up in the name of god. Ppl killing doctors because they feel those doctors do immoral thing. Religious ppl trying to decide what knowledge is disbursed to our children even if that knowledge completly falls out of the realm of religion. If a person can be religious and are content in keeping that in their own personal space, there's nothing wrong with it. But nearly all organised religions in history have made attemps and most of the time succeeded in imposing their will on the populace they where imbedded in, most of the time with dissastrous consequences for those who didn't believe how they did.

You create strawmen to support your position, I said no such things. I merely pointed out you use humans to judge God.

And again you display your delusion and hatred. No one, believers and nonbelievers knows 100% of Gods existence.

Can you answer the question of what is the downside of one believing in Jesus or not?
What's the downside to believing I'm a God?

What's the downside to not believing? You can't threaten hell because then that's not really belief. Then you just scared me into not thinking.

If "they" can convince you of that what can't they convince you?

It doesn't matter what they be

It doesn't matter what they believed.

Just like today atheists tend to be smarter than theists and a very high number of scientists today are not.

None of newtons experiments were religious. Don't care what he believed personally about gays God or racism.
What do you mean it doesn't matter what they believed? You just claimed religion makes people anti science. I proved you wrong, so you just blew it off.

I hold a US patent for a medical device, designed parts for commercial and military aircraft, written in astronomical publications, and have a Class I license for driving trains. I may not be a genius but I sure love science.

So you're not interested in truth, just creating a fantasy bubble world for yourself. Atheists are not smarter, they are more delusional.

Forum List

Back