Why I don't believe in God

Atheists do believe they are Gods, and that's your decision.
I
I'm an atheist and I certainly don't feel that I'm a god. I do however believe in the fact that there are no absolute answers. I'll illustrate using abortion. The Cristian right believes that abortion is wrong, period. I feel I am not qualified to judge when we can talk about a living person. How I see it it's always gonna be an arbitrary line. Is a sperm cell alive, it has after all dna. Is it alive when the cell starts to divide, I don't know. Lucky for me there are bioligist and judges who make those decisions for me. Here is where religion becomes a problem. Religion feels it has the OBLIGATION to bypass the process. It basicly isn't different from sharia law in the middle east, it's view of moral right or wrong is absolute. Who do you feel thinks of himself as the more Godlike person?
They think they are always right. Why? Because God endorses them.

Hilarious.
Religious people always think their right, yet you claim you're always right.
Religious people are not smart, yet when pointed out the greatest minds were religious you say never mind.
Religious people are judgemental, yet every post you make is judgemental.
First of I didn't claim I was always right, I claimed that I don't feel I'm qualified to make decisions for everybody, that's why I'm happy to live in a society that has ppl available and trained in making decisions that are based on rational thinking.
Everybody judges and the way I see it, when I judge I always try to put in, it's my opinion for the simple reason that I know there's always the chance I'm wrong. Like my last post suggested I have no problem admitting that I don't have the answer to all questions. Wich is even if I do say so myself more then a religious person is usually wiling to admit.
Nobody is asking you to, we are a nation of laws, he'll a world of laws. Who do you think makes them?

Curious, when you avoid a serious scenario, do you thank anyone?

Me, I thank god, you?
Yes even I catch myself thanking God all the time. It's just an expression.

And don't expect someone who's desparate or afraid to be thinking rationally

I
I'm an atheist and I certainly don't feel that I'm a god. I do however believe in the fact that there are no absolute answers. I'll illustrate using abortion. The Cristian right believes that abortion is wrong, period. I feel I am not qualified to judge when we can talk about a living person. How I see it it's always gonna be an arbitrary line. Is a sperm cell alive, it has after all dna. Is it alive when the cell starts to divide, I don't know. Lucky for me there are bioligist and judges who make those decisions for me. Here is where religion becomes a problem. Religion feels it has the OBLIGATION to bypass the process. It basicly isn't different from sharia law in the middle east, it's view of moral right or wrong is absolute. Who do you feel thinks of himself as the more Godlike person?
They think they are always right. Why? Because God endorses them.

Hilarious.
Religious people always think their right, yet you claim you're always right.
Religious people are not smart, yet when pointed out the greatest minds were religious you say never mind.
Religious people are judgemental, yet every post you make is judgemental.
First of I didn't claim I was always right, I claimed that I don't feel I'm qualified to make decisions for everybody, that's why I'm happy to live in a society that has ppl available and trained in making decisions that are based on rational thinking.
Everybody judges and the way I see it, when I judge I always try to put in, it's my opinion for the simple reason that I know there's always the chance I'm wrong. Like my last post suggested I have no problem admitting that I don't have the answer to all questions. Wich is even if I do say so myself more then a religious person is usually wiling to admit.
Nobody is asking you to, we are a nation of laws, he'll a world of laws. Who do you think makes them?

Curious, when you avoid a serious scenario, do you thank anyone?

Me, I thank god, you?
Yes even I catch myself thanking God all the time. It's just an expression.

And don't expect someone who's desparate or afraid to be thinking rationally
rich, honest, but rich!

I don't hate God. See that's where you get confused. You keep claiming we blame God for humans faults. Or that we hate God. You say we attack God. You don't understand that we simply don't think one exists. Then you want to know what the down side is to believing a lie? Nothing. Ignorance is bliss

So the only ones to attack are you theists because there is no god.

And keep in mind you aren't one harmonious group who all agree on anything.
You create strawmen to support your position, I said no such things. I merely pointed out you use humans to judge God.

And again you display your delusion and hatred. No one, believers and nonbelievers knows 100% of Gods existence.

Can you answer the question of what is the downside of one believing in Jesus or not?
What's the downside to believing I'm a God?

What's the downside to not believing? You can't threaten hell because then that's not really belief. Then you just scared me into not thinking.

If "they" can convince you of that what can't they convince you?
I
I don't hate God. See that's where you get confused. You keep claiming we blame God for humans faults. Or that we hate God. You say we attack God. You don't understand that we simply don't think one exists. Then you want to know what the down side is to believing a lie? Nothing. Ignorance is bliss

So the only ones to attack are you theists because there is no god.

And keep in mind you aren't one harmonious group who all agree on anything.
You create strawmen to support your position, I said no such things. I merely pointed out you use humans to judge God.

And again you display your delusion and hatred. No one, believers and nonbelievers knows 100% of Gods existence.

Can you answer the question of what is the downside of one believing in Jesus or not?

What's the downside to not believing? You can't threaten hell because then that's not really belief. Then you just scared me into not thinking.

OK, let's use your example of abortion.
Neither you nor I know when a fetus becomes a free thinking human being.
So the only moral decision to make is you must error on the side of life.

But there is that M word. Moral.

If there is no God, your version of morality is just as valid as Pol Pot's or Osama Bin Ladens. To argue point is just intellectual dishonesty.
So in your America women who get alley abortions should be tried for murder? They are not murderers. Not in the country you live in.

I

If there is no God, your version of morality is just as valid as Pol Pot's or Osama Bin Ladens. To argue point is just intellectual dishonesty.
Society decides these issues for a reason you know. Morality is by definition fluid if you don't believe me, read the bible again. I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of parts that don't mesh with modern day understanding of it. The way we learned to deal with it is that we appoint representatives and judges to reflect and judge on what's right or wrong. As to your other point. How far you want to take that argument. Should I be considered a mass murderer because I've jerked of in my life. Should my wife be put in prison because she takes birth control? Like I said the line is arbitrary.
More strawman arguments about the Bible. Either cite specific verses or drop your boring fantasy versions.

But you saying morality is fluid if there is no God is exactly my point, thank you. Charles Manson's version of morality is just as valid as yours if there is no God.
Don’t Get Married: 1st Corinthians 7:27 NASB

Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be released. Are you released from a wife? Do not seek a wife.

Prayer (not doctors) if You’re Sick: James 5:14 NASB

Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up.

Women Should Shut Up in Church: 1st Corinthians 14:34 NASB

The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak.

The Wealthy Will Be Condemned by God: James 5:1-5 NASB

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted… Your gold and your silver have rusted; and their rust will… consume your flesh like fire. You have lived luxuriously on the earth and led a life of wanton pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.

Women: Don’t Dress Up, Fix Your Hair, or Wear Jewelry: 1st Peter 3:3 The Good News Translation

You should not use outward aids to make yourselves beautiful, such as the way you fix your hair, or the jewelry you put on, or the dresses you wear.

Return Runaway Slaves to Their Owners: Philemon 1:12 The Message

I’m sending (the slave Onesimus) back to you… I wanted in the worst way to keep him here… But I didn’t want to do anything behind your back… Maybe it’s all for the best that you lost him for a while. You’re getting him back now for good—and no mere slave this time, but a true Christian brother!

Gouge Out Your Eyeball: Matthew 5:29 New Living Translation

So if your eye—even your good eye—causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away.

Cut Off Your Own Hand: Matthew 5:30 New Living Translation

And if your hand—even your stronger hand—causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.

Never Swear an Oath: Matthew 5:34 God’s Word Translation

Don’t swear an oath at all. (puts a new slant on the Pledge of Allegiance)

Don’t Defend Yourself if Attacked: Matthew 5:39 Amplified Version

But I say to you, Do not resist the evil man [who injures you]; but if anyone strikes you on the right jaw or cheek, turn to him the other one too.

Give Anything You Have to Anyone Who Asks: Matthew 5:42 Common English Bible

Give to those who ask, and don’t refuse those who wish to borrow from you.

Do NOT Pray in Public: (Matthew 6:6) Common English Bible

When you pray, go to your room, shut the door, and pray to your Father… in that secret place.

Don’t Save Your Money: (Matthew 6:19) New Living Translation

Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.

Don’t Plan for The Future: Matthew 6:34 NASB

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.

Do Not Marry a Divorced Woman: Matthew 5:32 NASB

Whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Don’t Wear Nice Clothes: Matthew 6:28-29 NASB

And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you?

Hate Your Family: Luke 14:26 NASB

If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters… he cannot be My disciple.

Give Away EVERYTHING You Own: Luke 14:33 NASB

So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.
As to your second point. Charles Manson society deems a criminal.
saying my version of morality equals his only holds water if I would say law doesn't apply to me.
I don't decide what is moral ,society does.Hence it's fluid. Point and case slavery. Morally right into the 19th century, now we find it reprehensible.
I knew you'd cherry pick to keep things out of context.

1 Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

I

So in your America women who get alley abortions should be tried for murder? They are not murderers. Not in the country you live in.
Who gets alley abortions? You fuckers keep inventing shot because you have nothing to support your twisted fucked up beliefs.

The only requirement to be a Christian is to believe Jesus was who he said he was. That's it, nothing more.
So what's the downside in being a Christian?

Being told we are all created equally?
Love your neighbor as yourself?
Take care of the widows and orphans?
The greatest power on earth is love?

What exactly is it that hundreds of millions of people should know that should convince them they have made a huge mistake in their life?

Dear Weatherman2020
A. The explanation of "Jesus being the son of God" does not always include nontheists or secular gentiles who can be neighbors in Christ yet not understand or agree with such statements spoken in scriptural terms.
B. Jesus refers to the Gentiles very clearly when he says he governs them as a separate fold of the one flock. Just because these Gentiles/nontheists are under natural laws, such as science, does not make them against Christ unless they reject truth and justice which God and Jesus stand for
C. What I would say receiving believing and living by Christ Jesus means, in spirit, is RESTORATIVE JUSTICE. So whether people consider themselves Believers under Scriptural laws, including the Jews Christians and Muslims, or nontheist secular Gentiles under Natural laws, including Buddhists humanists Constitutionalists, it is possible to be believers in Christ and NOT use the Christian/Biblical language to express this faith in RESTORATIVE JUSTICE as the key to peace freedom and salvation for humanity.

1+1=2. You lose.

No, you lose. As I said, you're not smart enough to grasp this.

"1+1=2" is simply an equation we use to determine a result we believe. Many things have to be assumed. You've not defined absolutely what "one" is... what "two" is... what is meant by "equal" or what is meant by "plus." All of these have to be defined as we believe we know them. Does 1+1 always equal 2, or sometimes, can 2x1=2? Or 3-1=2? Or 1.5+.5? -- As you can see, 2 may not always equal 1+1. And again... One what? How about an electron? What if I told you, at the subatomic level, 1 electron + 1 electron could = 3 electrons? Or 1 electron? Or no electrons? And it might only depend on whether you are observing them.

You want to throw out another example of something we THINK we know?

Dear Mudda and Boss
I would say that defining GOD to be something that exists
is like assigning the term 4 to the quantity: * * * *
It is the TERM people AGREE to use for * * * *

Religions are like arguing is GOD arrived at by stating
2+2=4
2X2=4
1+1+1+1=4
2^2=4
etc. (NOTE: even though all these are correct, they are NOT THE SAME.
adding 1+1+1+1 to get 4 is NOT the same as taking 2^2 to get to 4.
And a lot of fights in religion are because there are differences,
and people argue you can't just treat all these ways as the same because they aren't.)

All these are right ways of saying * * * *
but they are all different ways of expressing the relationships
between different components that all add up to * * * *
defined as 4.

Someone else using Binary may express 4 differently.
Or someone may use marks in the sand | | | |

What we could do to avoid bickering over terms and analogies
is try to stick to the Principles Concepts Relations or Essence of
what we MEAN by "God" "Jesus" "sin" etc.spell these out in
natural terms what we are trying to talk about, and then we might
be able to discuss those things, and if we agree or not on the
NATURE of life, love, truth, wisdom, justice, universal laws, good will
or whatever else we mean by GOD in a specific context.

Good day and please focus on nitpicking for the purpose of
resolution and reaching agreement, not for the purpose of rejection
and obstruction. Criticism and correction is good, and much needed,
if we are going to pinpoint where we can actually communicate and agree. And not just play Devil's advocate to discredit or strike someone down. Why not focus on the universal points we want to build up upon?

Last edited:

I

Dear sealybobo and Weatherman2020

Why just focus on the women? Aren't the men equally responsible for the decision to have sex that results in unwanted pregnancy/children/abortion (if not MORE responsible if the man coerced the woman physically or emotionally).

If it is less likely that women forced men to have sex, but more likely that men force women, why is this framed as the woman's responsibility except that's the only point where people can try to get the govt to legally intervene. Given the entire process, the point of intervention should be at prevention at the point of deciding to have sex consensually or one partner forcing the other if it isn't mutually consensus.

So that point is PRIVATE and needs to be addressed by education and counseling people to be responsible and NOT abuse either SEX or abuse RELATIONSHIPS, which the Govt CANNOT regulate!

Perhaps people COULD agree to enforce "health and safety codes" or higher standards of relationships to avoid abuses; but this sounds more like a PRIVATE policy, such as private schools and campuses might enforce for students who agree to enroll in such a private institution.

If the purpose is to promote responsibility and prevent abortion,
why not enforce standards that hold men and women equally responsible?

What if sex acts that lead to unwanted pregnancy, unwanted abortion, or unwanted children were classified as a statutory degree of RAPE.

What if both partners were required to undergo counseling to resolve conflicts if there were reports of RELATIONSHIP ABUSE?

Govt may not be able to intervene on such private levels, as necessary to hold both partners equally responsible at the point where the decision to have sex is made. But that's where men and women can be held equally responsible so at least the policies would be fair.

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.

Dear Delta4Embassy
A. If the God you want to believe in is based on CONDITIONAL FAITH, where you would only have faith if this God interferes with natural laws of cause and effects,
then maybe that kind of inconsistent God shouldn't exist and it is GOOD that you don't believe in it and that's not how God works.

B. why would you want God to break the very laws of science, of cause and effect that are universal? If we drive carelessly and something goes wrong, of course a wreck should happen.
If God magically intervened every time we drove, what motivation would we have to learn to be careful and not depend on God to save us all the time?

If you can understand GOD as the laws of LIFE or NATURE,
then NATURE can provide rain and sustenance that gives life, and NATURE can produce disasters, earthquakes, tsunamis that cost life.

If we build better systems to live in harmony with nature, we can learn to avoid the loss of life.

If you want to see how God/Life/Nature works as a POSITIVE force, look into natural spiritual healing, and how FORGIVENESS opens up and restores channels to self-healing of the mind and body.

In that process, maybe you can see that the DEFAULT process is towards healing, health and life.

And in that context, maybe you can see that in all incidents of death, disease, crisis, tragedy, etc. there was some factor that interfered with the natural flow of life and caused something to go wrong.

So our purpose as humans with a conscience to learn by free will, reason and experience is to examine the "cause and effect" and learn how to correct and prevent as much as the mishaps as possible, prevent suffering and increase the natural harmony, balance and health that is the original default. Most of these anomalies can be prevented when we understand the causes. some things can't be helped, but the things that can be, can be improved upon so we can do better in the future.

1+1=2. You lose.

No, you lose. As I said, you're not smart enough to grasp this.

"1+1=2" is simply an equation we use to determine a result we believe. Many things have to be assumed. You've not defined absolutely what "one" is... what "two" is... what is meant by "equal" or what is meant by "plus." All of these have to be defined as we believe we know them. Does 1+1 always equal 2, or sometimes, can 2x1=2? Or 3-1=2? Or 1.5+.5? -- As you can see, 2 may not always equal 1+1. And again... One what? How about an electron? What if I told you, at the subatomic level, 1 electron + 1 electron could = 3 electrons? Or 1 electron? Or no electrons? And it might only depend on whether you are observing them.

You want to throw out another example of something we THINK we know?

Dear Mudda and Boss
I would say that defining GOD to be something that exists
is like assigning the term 4 to the quantity: * * * *
It is the TERM people AGREE to use for * * * *

Religions are like arguing is GOD arrived at by stating
2+2=4
2X2=4
1+1+1+1=4
2^2=4
etc. (NOTE: even though all these are correct, they are NOT THE SAME.
adding 1+1+1+1 to get 4 is NOT the same as taking 2^2 to get to 4.
And a lot of fights in religion are because there are differences,
and people argue you can't just treat all these ways as the same because they aren't.)

All these are right ways of saying * * * *
but they are all different ways of expressing the relationships
between different components that all add up to * * * *
defined as 4.

Someone else using Binary may express 4 differently.
Or someone may use marks in the sand | | | |

What we could do to avoid bickering over terms and analogies
is try to stick to the Principles Concepts Relations or Essence of
what we MEAN by "God" "Jesus" "sin" etc.spell these out in
natural terms what we are trying to talk about, and then we might
be able to discuss those things, and if we agree or not on the
NATURE of life, love, truth, wisdom, justice, universal laws, good will
or whatever else we mean by GOD in a specific context.

Good day and please focus on nitpicking for the purpose of
resolution and reaching agreement, not for the purpose of rejection
and obstruction. Criticism and correction is good, and much needed,
if we are going to pinpoint where we can actually communicate and agree. And not just play Devil's advocate to discredit or strike someone down. Why not focus on the universal points we want to build up upon?
I guess you haven't figured out by now that Boss is a retard. :D

I

Society decides these issues for a reason you know. Morality is by definition fluid if you don't believe me, read the bible again. I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of parts that don't mesh with modern day understanding of it. The way we learned to deal with it is that we appoint representatives and judges to reflect and judge on what's right or wrong. As to your other point. How far you want to take that argument. Should I be considered a mass murderer because I've jerked of in my life. Should my wife be put in prison because she takes birth control? Like I said the line is arbitrary.
More strawman arguments about the Bible. Either cite specific verses or drop your boring fantasy versions.

But you saying morality is fluid if there is no God is exactly my point, thank you. Charles Manson's version of morality is just as valid as yours if there is no God.

Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be released. Are you released from a wife? Do not seek a wife.

Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up.

The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted… Your gold and your silver have rusted; and their rust will… consume your flesh like fire. You have lived luxuriously on the earth and led a life of wanton pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.

Women: Don’t Dress Up, Fix Your Hair, or Wear Jewelry: 1st Peter 3:3 The Good News Translation

You should not use outward aids to make yourselves beautiful, such as the way you fix your hair, or the jewelry you put on, or the dresses you wear.

I’m sending (the slave Onesimus) back to you… I wanted in the worst way to keep him here… But I didn’t want to do anything behind your back… Maybe it’s all for the best that you lost him for a while. You’re getting him back now for good—and no mere slave this time, but a true Christian brother!

So if your eye—even your good eye—causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away.

And if your hand—even your stronger hand—causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.

But I say to you, Do not resist the evil man [who injures you]; but if anyone strikes you on the right jaw or cheek, turn to him the other one too.

When you pray, go to your room, shut the door, and pray to your Father… in that secret place.

Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.

And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you?

If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters… he cannot be My disciple.

So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.
saying my version of morality equals his only holds water if I would say law doesn't apply to me.
I don't decide what is moral ,society does.Hence it's fluid. Point and case slavery. Morally right into the 19th century, now we find it reprehensible.

1 Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
Look, of course i cherry pick, so do you.It proves my point that morality is fluid right? You pick and chose what are valid moral lessons from the bible trough 21st century eyes.I do the same .There is one big difference. I don't pretend that my view of morality is the only valid one,you do. And you feel you have a right to do so, because you think your view is sanctioned by god.The first post I've stated what my problem with religion is," I hate how being religious means that your view of morality and even truth has to take presedence above all others." In the few reply's you gave me you have equated my view of morality, to that of Charles Manson, Osama Bin Laden and Pol Pott.While the only thing I claimed was that I'm fine with a rational approach to it ,where I don't nessecarily feel I need to be the one doing the judging. Hence proving my point, you being religious makes you feel that the only valid view of morality is yours.

Last edited:

Look, of course i cherry pick, so do you.It proves my point that morality is fluid right? You pick and chose what are valid moral lessons from the bible trough 21st century eyes.I do the same .There is one big difference. I don't pretend that my view of morality is the only valid one,you do. And you feel you have a right to do so, because you think your view is sanctioned by god.The first post I've stated what my problem with religion is," I hate how being religious means that your view of morality and even truth has to take presedence above all others." In the few reply's you gave me you have equated my view of morality, to that of Charles Manson, Osama Bin Laden and Pol Pott.While the only thing I claimed was that I'm fine with a rational approach to it ,where I don't nessecarily feel I need to be the one doing the judging. Hence proving my point, you being religious makes you feel that the only valid view of morality is yours.
Morality is only fluid if you don't believe in the God of Jacob. Every one of the verses you posted are attempts to distort, just as I showed.

Doesn't seem to trouble you that your version of morality is just as valid as Hitlers.

Morality is only fluid if you don't believe in the God of Jacob. Every one of the verses you posted are attempts to distort, just as I showed.

Doesn't seem to trouble you that your version of morality is just as valid as Hitlers.
How do they distort? They are correct quotes right,chapter and verse just like you asked. The only way they distort is the simple fact that the NT was written almost 2000 years ago. A time very different from our own. Yet you feel that not only are the lessons valid but they are the ONLY valid lessons. Theres nothing in the NT condemning slavery, there's nothing saying you can't marry a 12 year old being an adult male. I think it's safe to say we don't agree with either of those things. Here again your equating my beliefs with another atrocious historical figure. It would be annoying if every time you did it, you wouldn't be making my point; Let's examine that statement. Hitler was a nationalistic, xenofobic, narcissistic, mass murderer. I've literally stated in every post here that my view of morality doesn't need to be your view of morality. I've been nothing if not non- judgemental.My morals are formed by society, my parents, friends, family, fairy tales, past experiences, my own common sense and even.... the NT. That's right I was raised Roman Catholic, I was baptised and confirmed. You know what the most important lesson was I got from it. The parable of the good samaritan. Where Jesus thaught, that being religious doesn't nessecarily mean moral and not religious nessecarily means sinner. And that is how you get morals and it's not the same for everybody.

How do they distort? They are correct quotes right,chapter and verse just like you asked. The only way they distort is the simple fact that the NT was written almost 2000 years ago. A time very different from our own. Yet you feel that not only are the lessons valid but they are the ONLY valid lessons. Theres nothing in the NT condemning slavery, there's nothing saying you can't marry a 12 year old being an adult male. I think it's safe to say we don't agree with either of those things. Here again your equating my beliefs with another atrocious historical figure. It would be annoying if every time you did it, you wouldn't be making my point; Let's examine that statement. Hitler was a nationalistic, xenofobic, narcissistic, mass murderer. I've literally stated in every post here that my view of morality doesn't need to be your view of morality. I've been nothing if not non- judgemental.My morals are formed by society, my parents, friends, family, fairy tales, past experiences, my own common sense and even.... the NT. That's right I was raised Roman Catholic, I was baptised and confirmed. You know what the most important lesson was I got from it. The parable of the good samaritan. Where Jesus thaught, that being religious doesn't nessecarily mean moral and not religious nessecarily means sinner. And that is how you get morals and it's not the same for everybody.

Pulling one sentence from a letter does not distort? I could have fun with your posts.
For example:

A. Slavery in that time was for 7 years, initiated when you could not pay someone back. There were strict rules that slaves were not be abused.
B. Onesiimus stole from his master and fled. He ran into Paul who converted him to Christianity. He then convinced him to go back to his master and work things out. Philemon is a letter to his master appealing that the two reconcile the issue as Christians.

Perspective.

Last edited:

Why does it not trouble you that your version of morality is just as valid as Timothy McVeigh's?

Why does it not trouble you that your version of morality is just as valid as Timothy McVeigh's?
lol. My turn to ask a question.Why do you feel, you're the supreme authority on morals?

lol. My turn to ask a question.Why do you feel, you're the supreme authority on morals?
And when did I ever say I was an authority with morals? I'd much rather be violating all the 10 Commandments. But I've seen to much to know the God of Jacob exists so I do my best to follow the guidelines stated in THE supreme authority.

Pulling one sentence from a letter does not distort? I could have fun with your posts.
For example:

A. Slavery in that time was for 7 years, initiated when you could not pay someone back. There were strict rules that slaves were not be abused.
B. Onesiimus stole from his master and fled. He ran into Paul who converted him to Christianity. He then convinced him to go back to his master and work things out. Philemon is a letter to his master appealing that the two reconcile the issue as Christians.

Perspective.
emale Hebrew slaves were to be treated differently from males. Parents could sell their daughters into slavery. (Exodus 21:7-11 NASB)

7If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do. 8If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He does not have authority to sell her to a foreign people because of his unfairness to her. 9If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters. 10If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights. 11If he will not do these three things for her, then she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.

For example:

Perspective.
emale Hebrew slaves were to be treated differently from males. Parents could sell their daughters into slavery. (Exodus 21:7-11 NASB)

7If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do. 8If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He does not have authority to sell her to a foreign people because of his unfairness to her. 9If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters. 10If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights. 11If he will not do these three things for her, then she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.
we can play that game all night. Again proving my point that morality is fluid. Even your moral compass can't agree on wich way is north lol

Forum List

Back