Why I believe in UFO's and you should to.

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by LA RAM FAN, Jan 27, 2018.

1. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,193
    Actually, it might not be as ridiculous as first seemed. There are a number of things governing the probabilities including gravitational perturbational waves propagating along the arms of the Milky Way giving rise to similar star formations at similar times so that similar civilizations might evolve to similar points at fairly similar times, along with the fact that both civilizations must deal with and work along the same set of physical laws and technological hurdles likely leading to similar solutions within a small subset of possible choices, so that different civilizations stand a better than average chance of BOTH being carbon based, bipedal, having some fundamental similarities in framework of linguistic and communication, have similar problems and needs in space travel, similar motivations and goals, and if they both meet each other in space, meaning, have overcome the light barrier to traverse vast distances, at least some similarity in technological approach.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,795
    Really? Can you post some of your UFO pics?

3. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,251
    No doubt there are parallel solutions to technological issues. What I'm referring to is the timeline. Our species developed over the last 2 million years and our human civilisation in only the last 10,000, a period of time so infinitesimal when compared to the development of stars and planets to be too insignificant to contemplate.

So the idea that two civilisations could develop independently, based on different biology, that are only a few decades or even centuries apart in technological development is very difficult to believe.

Any civilsation we would encounter in space would certainly be thousands or millions of years ahead (or behind) us in development. Their tech, their language, their philosophies would be so different as to be completely unrecognizable as such -- even in the unlikely event that they evolved as individual, social, oxygen breathing, bipeds, with a hemispherical brain.

[​IMG]

This is what makes SETI such a ridiculous premise. Humans began broadcasting modulated RF into space less than 100 years ago. Because of cable and Internet, we've nearly ceased broadcasting modulated RF on a power level that would be detectable in space. So, it could be said that our broadcast window of space detectable transmissions is a century or less. So, to detect the broadcasts of another civilisation, who just happened to evolve at precisely the same timeframe (plus the distance in RF travel time) is weapon's grade optimism.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,193

These photos were taken in June 2004 from my backyard. I had some sort of telescope out and as I recall, I spotted something in the early evening sky visually that did not belong, and took these pictures afocally through the eyepiece. They are poor quality because the object was moving. One minute it appeared triangular in shape, other times, almost pyramidal. There seemed to be some sort of "dot" next to it. Two different magnifications were used.

I'm familiar with the sky, airplanes, weather balloons and such and never have gotten a satisfactory explanation as to what this might have been. It was very high up, at least thousands of feet, so must have been pretty big.

P6030501.JPG P6030503.JPG P6030506.JPG P6030513.JPG P6030516.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,251
    Kite.

6. Uncensored2008

Uncensored2008 Libertarian Radical Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,548
    A <> B

There may well be many other "intelligent" beings.

They have no way to get here. The laws of physics exist, even if the comic book mentality of this generation doesn't like reality.

Believing in "aliens" is no different than believing in fairies and goblins.

With what we know of the physical universe, we will never encounter intelligent life outside of our own species. I know make believe is fun, but it isn't real.

7. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,453
    But it's still believing, isn't it? Belief is more about desire to have these things exist, than actually knowing something.

8. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,193
    Like I said before, possibly not. The chain of circumstances they set us going could possibly do similarly to dozens or hundreds of other civilizations in our part of the galaxy at the same time. I understand what you are saying, but statistically, we can't rule out thousands and thousands of other civilizations out there that are at least somewhat remotely along similar lines as ours.

Again, not likely they would be thousands or millions of years /behind/ us that we would ever find them, there is also sound theories that civilizations might not last thousands and millions of years past us. And while their tech, language, etc., would undoubtedly be different, physical laws would make their tech not wholly dissimilar even if much advanced,
    and their language at least decipherable in time because all languages begin with certain fundamental mental constants that sentient beings share in common. Not to say that it isn't impossible, but if they are millions of years ahead of us, chances are good they might not even be traveling space anymore or even have any interest in us. And if they did, or at least found us, not have any interest in letting us know about them. Indeed, it may be likely that they seeded many cultures like ours around the galaxy.

You might be right, but don't sell the effort short. Some theories suggest a possibility of millions of civilizations out there right now. Are they even using radio? We still broadcast RF, I have at least 30 TV stations broadcasting in my area plus radio stations. We are sending out lots of RF that will travel many light years. But as you say, we've only been sending for a few decades, listening even shorter. A drop in the bucket in the age of the universe. But life is out there and I feel certain we will eventually discover primitive life in several places within our solar system. Will we ever discover Star Trek civilizations with cultures, etc.? That is anyone's guess, but I feel there are simply too much evidence of UFOs going back thousands of years that cannot be explained to say that all of it can be dismissed.

9. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,251
    TV stations in the US (and most countries) are under legislative mandate to cease broadcasting analog and convert to digital in the near future. Many already have. While high powered analog signals may travel relatively intact beyond our solar system (experts disagree that any intelligible signals would make it past the Oort Cloud) digital signals (significantly more complex modulation) would not. Those signals would be unrecognizable as intelligence well before they reached another star.

The same is true of FM Digital radio. AM radio, in the HF Band, would be reflected back to earth by the ionosphere before reaching out into space.

10. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,251
    There is conjecture, there is speculation, there is even hope. But there isn't a single piece of evidence. Not a single unambiguous photo, not one molecule of extra terrestrial technology, not a single example of exobiology exists.

In court, we would call that an extremely thin case.