Why I believe in UFO's and you should to.

The idea that any of the possible alien civilisations that might exist would have technology in any way similar to ourselves is beyond ridiculous.

Actually, it might not be as ridiculous as first seemed. There are a number of things governing the probabilities including gravitational perturbational waves propagating along the arms of the Milky Way giving rise to similar star formations at similar times so that similar civilizations might evolve to similar points at fairly similar times, along with the fact that both civilizations must deal with and work along the same set of physical laws and technological hurdles likely leading to similar solutions within a small subset of possible choices, so that different civilizations stand a better than average chance of BOTH being carbon based, bipedal, having some fundamental similarities in framework of linguistic and communication, have similar problems and needs in space travel, similar motivations and goals, and if they both meet each other in space, meaning, have overcome the light barrier to traverse vast distances, at least some similarity in technological approach.

This author explains it very well. Like he says,there are many airline pilots if they report to the FAA that they saw a UFO,they get fired on the spot.

As an astronomer, I've seen them many times, both visually and via telescope and have had many credible eyewitness accounts. Even took some pictures of one.

Really? Can you post some of your UFO pics?

The idea that any of the possible alien civilisations that might exist would have technology in any way similar to ourselves is beyond ridiculous.

Actually, it might not be as ridiculous as first seemed. There are a number of things governing the probabilities including gravitational perturbational waves propagating along the arms of the Milky Way giving rise to similar star formations at similar times so that similar civilizations might evolve to similar points at fairly similar times, along with the fact that both civilizations must deal with and work along the same set of physical laws and technological hurdles likely leading to similar solutions within a small subset of possible choices, so that different civilizations stand a better than average chance of BOTH being carbon based, bipedal, having some fundamental similarities in framework of linguistic and communication, have similar problems and needs in space travel, similar motivations and goals, and if they both meet each other in space, meaning, have overcome the light barrier to traverse vast distances, at least some similarity in technological approach.

No doubt there are parallel solutions to technological issues. What I'm referring to is the timeline. Our species developed over the last 2 million years and our human civilisation in only the last 10,000, a period of time so infinitesimal when compared to the development of stars and planets to be too insignificant to contemplate.

So the idea that two civilisations could develop independently, based on different biology, that are only a few decades or even centuries apart in technological development is very difficult to believe.

Any civilsation we would encounter in space would certainly be thousands or millions of years ahead (or behind) us in development. Their tech, their language, their philosophies would be so different as to be completely unrecognizable as such -- even in the unlikely event that they evolved as individual, social, oxygen breathing, bipeds, with a hemispherical brain.

2535157-mars_attacks_alien1.jpeg

This is what makes SETI such a ridiculous premise. Humans began broadcasting modulated RF into space less than 100 years ago. Because of cable and Internet, we've nearly ceased broadcasting modulated RF on a power level that would be detectable in space. So, it could be said that our broadcast window of space detectable transmissions is a century or less. So, to detect the broadcasts of another civilisation, who just happened to evolve at precisely the same timeframe (plus the distance in RF travel time) is weapon's grade optimism.

This author explains it very well. Like he says,there are many airline pilots if they report to the FAA that they saw a UFO,they get fired on the spot.

As an astronomer, I've seen them many times, both visually and via telescope and have had many credible eyewitness accounts. Even took some pictures of one.

These photos were taken in June 2004 from my backyard. I had some sort of telescope out and as I recall, I spotted something in the early evening sky visually that did not belong, and took these pictures afocally through the eyepiece. They are poor quality because the object was moving. One minute it appeared triangular in shape, other times, almost pyramidal. There seemed to be some sort of "dot" next to it. Two different magnifications were used.

I'm familiar with the sky, airplanes, weather balloons and such and never have gotten a satisfactory explanation as to what this might have been. It was very high up, at least thousands of feet, so must have been pretty big.

P6030501.JPG
P6030503.JPG
P6030506.JPG
P6030513.JPG
P6030516.JPG

These photos were taken in June 2004 from my backyard. I had some sort of telescope out and as I recall, I spotted something in the early evening sky visually that did not belong, and took these pictures afocally through the eyepiece. They are poor quality because the object was moving. One minute it appeared triangular in shape, other times, almost pyramidal. There seemed to be some sort of "dot" next to it. Two different magnifications were used.

I'm familiar with the sky, airplanes, weather balloons and such and never have gotten a satisfactory explanation as to what this might have been. It was very high up, at least thousands of feet, so must have been pretty big.

View attachment 184320 View attachment 184321 View attachment 184322 View attachment 184323 View attachment 184324

Kite.

Why are we so hoity toity to believe we are the only "intelligent" beings in this vast universe. Those who don't believe, get over yourselves.

A <> B

There may well be many other "intelligent" beings.

They have no way to get here. The laws of physics exist, even if the comic book mentality of this generation doesn't like reality.

Believing in "aliens" is no different than believing in fairies and goblins.

With what we know of the physical universe, we will never encounter intelligent life outside of our own species. I know make believe is fun, but it isn't real.

But it's still believing, isn't it? Belief is more about desire to have these things exist, than actually knowing something.

So the idea that two civilisations could develop independently, based on different biology, that are only a few decades or even centuries apart in technological development is very difficult to believe.

Like I said before, possibly not. The chain of circumstances they set us going could possibly do similarly to dozens or hundreds of other civilizations in our part of the galaxy at the same time. I understand what you are saying, but statistically, we can't rule out thousands and thousands of other civilizations out there that are at least somewhat remotely along similar lines as ours.

Any civilsation we would encounter in space would certainly be thousands or millions of years ahead (or behind) us in development. Their tech, their language, their philosophies would be so different as to be completely unrecognizable as such -- even in the unlikely event that they evolved as individual, social, oxygen breathing, bipeds, with a hemispherical brain.

Again, not likely they would be thousands or millions of years /behind/ us that we would ever find them, there is also sound theories that civilizations might not last thousands and millions of years past us. And while their tech, language, etc., would undoubtedly be different, physical laws would make their tech not wholly dissimilar even if much advanced,
and their language at least decipherable in time because all languages begin with certain fundamental mental constants that sentient beings share in common. Not to say that it isn't impossible, but if they are millions of years ahead of us, chances are good they might not even be traveling space anymore or even have any interest in us. And if they did, or at least found us, not have any interest in letting us know about them. Indeed, it may be likely that they seeded many cultures like ours around the galaxy.

This is what makes SETI such a ridiculous premise. Humans began broadcasting modulated RF into space less than 100 years ago. Because of cable and Internet, we've nearly ceased broadcasting modulated RF on a power level that would be detectable in space. So, it could be said that our broadcast window of space detectable transmissions is a century or less. So, to detect the broadcasts of another civilisation, who just happened to evolve at precisely the same timeframe (plus the distance in RF travel time) is weapon's grade optimism.

You might be right, but don't sell the effort short. Some theories suggest a possibility of millions of civilizations out there right now. Are they even using radio? We still broadcast RF, I have at least 30 TV stations broadcasting in my area plus radio stations. We are sending out lots of RF that will travel many light years. But as you say, we've only been sending for a few decades, listening even shorter. A drop in the bucket in the age of the universe. But life is out there and I feel certain we will eventually discover primitive life in several places within our solar system. Will we ever discover Star Trek civilizations with cultures, etc.? That is anyone's guess, but I feel there are simply too much evidence of UFOs going back thousands of years that cannot be explained to say that all of it can be dismissed.

We still broadcast RF, I have at least 30 TV stations broadcasting in my area plus radio stations.

TV stations in the US (and most countries) are under legislative mandate to cease broadcasting analog and convert to digital in the near future. Many already have. While high powered analog signals may travel relatively intact beyond our solar system (experts disagree that any intelligible signals would make it past the Oort Cloud) digital signals (significantly more complex modulation) would not. Those signals would be unrecognizable as intelligence well before they reached another star.

The same is true of FM Digital radio. AM radio, in the HF Band, would be reflected back to earth by the ionosphere before reaching out into space.

I feel there are simply too much evidence of UFOs going back thousands of years that cannot be explained to say that all of it can be dismissed.

There is conjecture, there is speculation, there is even hope. But there isn't a single piece of evidence. Not a single unambiguous photo, not one molecule of extra terrestrial technology, not a single example of exobiology exists.

In court, we would call that an extremely thin case.

We still broadcast RF, I have at least 30 TV stations broadcasting in my area plus radio stations.

TV stations in the US (and most countries) are under legislative mandate to cease broadcasting analog and convert to digital in the near future. Many already have. While high powered analog signals may travel relatively intact beyond our solar system (experts disagree that any intelligible signals would make it past the Oort Cloud) digital signals (significantly more complex modulation) would not. Those signals would be unrecognizable as intelligence well before they reached another star.

The same is true of FM Digital radio. AM radio, in the HF Band, would be reflected back to earth by the ionosphere before reaching out into space.

Could possibly be a very good explanation of why WE haven't picked up anything either. ;)

Could possibly be a very good explanation of why WE haven't picked up anything either. ;)

I'm not arguing that there are no technological civilisations in the Universe. I'm showing the futility of trying to look for them or claiming we've already detected them.

View attachment 184320 View attachment 184321 View attachment 184322 View attachment 184323 View attachment 184324

If I had to guess, I would say that was a weather balloon. Here in Amarillo, they launch them on occasion on extremely calm days to get data. First time I saw one, it freaked the hell out of me until the local news that evening said what it was. And, watching it while the sun set was really cool, because it was dark on the ground, but because the balloon was so high in the air, it stayed lit by the sun for a while and was a glowing star in the night.

If there are aliens, they must think that we are a bunch of backwards yokels with all our violence and war.

Maybe the reason they don't stop is because they don't want to waste their time.

Why are we so hoity toity to believe we are the only "intelligent" beings in this vast universe. Those who don't believe, get over yourselves.
We are not the only ones. Nature is not very wastefull, there is life out there. Getting here might be another story though. Even if you had the tech to do it, there are a lot of planets to hit before they get here. Most of what we see in the sky is likely our own experimental stuff, that is not to say it could not happen!

If I had to guess, I would say that was a weather balloon. Here in Amarillo, they launch them on occasion on extremely calm days to get data. First time I saw one, it freaked the hell out of me until the local news that evening said what it was. And, watching it while the sun set was really cool, because it was dark on the ground, but because the balloon was so high in the air, it stayed lit by the sun for a while and was a glowing star in the night.

Yeah, who can say, except that balloons are round (I've seen many different kinds), and odd shaped kites don't fly so high and still be so bright that they look that big in a telescope at 35-40X and stand out as a brilliant star in a blue sky. It would take strong winds aloft to lift a kite or wind sock a mile in the air and keep it afloat yet this thing was only very slowly moving and mainly rotating or changing shape.

Yeah, who can say, except that balloons are round (I've seen many different kinds), and odd shaped kites don't fly so high and still be so bright that they look that big in a telescope at 35-40X and stand out as a brilliant star in a blue sky. It would take strong winds aloft to lift a kite or wind sock a mile in the air and keep it afloat yet this thing was only very slowly moving and mainly rotating or changing shape.

We shot off a missle that traveled over 13,000/hr in Alaska 15 years ago. God knows what we have right now! We coujld have some prety crazy techas we speak right now. Have you seen the new GE cat scan images!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! If you would have told me we would be able to make these images 20 years ago I would have said you were crazy!
new ge cat scan images - Google Search:
Look at these images!!!! Simply amazing! Makes me belive any thing is possible!

The distances between inhabitable planets is too far for a UFO to reach earth

Forum List

Back