Why Have Unwanted Pregnancies Increased After The Advent of The Birth Control Pill?

I don't think that unwanted pregnancies have increased

Prior to the pill it was common for women to have four or five children in her lifetime. Since the pill it is more like two or three
Interesting that he ignored your post.

It didn't take much digging to discover that the OP makes things up.
Conclusion: Rates of unintended pregnancy have declined, probably as a result of higher contraceptive prevalence and use of more effective methods. Efforts to achieve further decreases should focus on reducing risky behavior, promoting the use of effective contraceptive methods and improving the effectiveness with which all methods are used.

Unintended Pregnancy in the United States

That is sad.

Why? its their choice.

Motherhood is a strong innate desire of all women. It is sad when a woman cannot fulfill her deepest life desires and most important life function because of physical or mental reasons.

Well as we have all seen some people don't have any business having children, if a woman doesn't want it you should respect her decision, its not like we suffer from a population shortage on this planet. We actually have too many people.

Why? its their choice.

Motherhood is a strong innate desire of all women. It is sad when a woman cannot fulfill her deepest life desires and most important life function because of physical or mental reasons.

Well as we have all seen some people don't have any business having children, if a woman doesn't want it you should respect her decision, its not like we suffer from a population shortage on this planet. We actually have too many people.

Maybe it is really an innate desire of women to have sex, but not to buden themselves with motherhood?

Think about it. Where is our(men) desire to become fathers? Some of us have it, while the others just enjoy the sex act. I don't think women are much different.

Maybe it is really an innate desire of women to have sex, but not to buden themselves with motherhood?

Think about it. Where is our(men) desire to become fathers? Some of us have it, while the others just enjoy the sex act. I don't think women are much different.

Yeah you are correct, I can pretty much tell you everytime I have sex with a woman my goal is not to become a father.Women want to have sex and not get pregnant, more power to them.

Prior to the pill it was common for women to have four or five children in her lifetime. Since the pill it is more like two or three

Conclusion: Rates of unintended pregnancy have declined, probably as a result of higher contraceptive prevalence and use of more effective methods. Efforts to achieve further decreases should focus on reducing risky behavior, promoting the use of effective contraceptive methods and improving the effectiveness with which all methods are used.

Yes, and those children were not unwanted. They were wanted, needed and loved by the families that they were born into. Children are a blessing, not a punishment.

Why? its their choice.

Human beings are the world's most valuable resource. There is no such thing as too many people. The more people there are, the richer we all become. History has shown that as the world's population increases, resources become cheaper and more abundant.

Last edited:

Yes, and those children were not unwanted. They were wanted, needed and loved by the families that they were born into. Children are a blessing, not a punishment.

Didn't you just say we have more bastard children than ever because of the pill? are those bastards a blessing too, or only if they come from good homes?

Human beings are the worlds most valuable resource. There is no such thing as too many people. The more people there are, the richer we all become. History has shown that as the world's population increases, resources become cheaper and more abundant.

You just said we have too many bastard children didn't you?:eusa_eh:

Men do NOT have the same desire for parenting as women do. This is why our court system makes efforts to keep mothers and their children together.

:lol: You can't admit that you've lied, can you.

Unwanted pregnancies, abortions and single mothers have increased dramatically since the invention of the birth control pill in the 1960's. It seems that the birth control pill led to unintended negative consequences.

The original intention of the birth control pill was to reduce unwanted pregnancies. In fact, the pill has led to more unwanted pregnancies than ever before in human history. Since the invention of the pill, there are more single mothers, more abortions and more bastard children than ever before in human history.

This is because the birth control pill promised to eliminate the consequences of pre-marital sex. In turn, this led to the social acceptance of pre-marital sex. In turn, this led to a dramatic increase in pre-marital sex. In turn, this led to a dramatic increase in out-of-wedlock-births. In turn, this led to the social acceptance of single mothers and bastard children.

Therefore, it is clear that the advent of the birth control pill ironically led to more unwanted pregnancies and more unwanted children and more abortions.

In the 60's there was no threat from STDs (due to the advent of antibiotics), pregnancy was avoidable with the pill. This led the the notion that there were no negative consequences from pre-marital sex. This led to the increase of pre-marital sex. This led to the social acceptability of pre-marital sex. This led to unwanted pregnancies.

You make numerous references to "unwanted" children here than go and say they are a blessing? so these "unwanted" children are also a blessing to us all no?:eusa_eh:

Yeah you are correct, I can pretty much tell you everytime I have sex with a woman my goal is not to become a father.Women want to have sex and not get pregnant, more power to them.

Ask any mother, she will tell you that her children are the most important thing in her life.

Ask any mother, she will tell you that her children are the most important thing in her life.

I would hope so.

Didn't you just say we have more bastard children than ever because of the pill? are those bastards a blessing too, or only if they come from good homes?

Unwanted children often grow up with psychological problems that cause them to quit school, get involved with crime, drugs and produce more bastard children themselves.. Children born within the context of marriage have a much, much greater chance of leading a happy, successful and loving life.

Human beings are the worlds most valuable resource. There is no such thing as too many people. The more people there are, the richer we all become. History has shown that as the world's population increases, resources become cheaper and more abundant.

See my previous post. Bastard children are at a considerable disadvantage.

See my previous post. Bastard children are at a considerable disadvantage.

Yes but their still a blessing right?

Unwanted pregnancies, abortions and single mothers have increased dramatically since the invention of the birth control pill in the 1960's. It seems that the birth control pill led to unintended negative consequences.

The original intention of the birth control pill was to reduce unwanted pregnancies. In fact, the pill has led to more unwanted pregnancies than ever before in human history. Since the invention of the pill, there are more single mothers, more abortions and more bastard children than ever before in human history.

This is because the birth control pill promised to eliminate the consequences of pre-marital sex. In turn, this led to the social acceptance of pre-marital sex. In turn, this led to a dramatic increase in pre-marital sex. In turn, this led to a dramatic increase in out-of-wedlock-births. In turn, this led to the social acceptance of single mothers and bastard children.

Therefore, it is clear that the advent of the birth control pill ironically led to more unwanted pregnancies and more unwanted children and more abortions.

In the 60's there was no threat from STDs (due to the advent of antibiotics), pregnancy was avoidable with the pill. This led the the notion that there were no negative consequences from pre-marital sex. This led to the increase of pre-marital sex. This led to the social acceptability of pre-marital sex. This led to unwanted pregnancies.

You make numerous references to "unwanted" children here than go and say they are a blessing? so these "unwanted" children are also a blessing to us all no?:eusa_eh:

Read the above posts. Bastard children are often troubled people and problematic for society.

Read the above posts. Bastard children are often troubled people and problematic for society.

A troubled blessing?:eusa_eh:

A troubled blessing?:eusa_eh:

This thread is about reducing "unwanted pregnancies" because unwanted pregnancies are often not a blessing, they are often a big problem. The point of my thread is that the advent of birth control has not reduced "unwanted pregnancies".

Forum List

Back