Why have the Jews survived?

Their suffering and death were of holy purpose, it's called 'Tikun' (roughly as 'repair' of their past life deeds), and the result is getting closer to Hashem.

It was a crucial point in our final story, as You know out of their ashes with Hashem's agreement -Israel rose once more as promised.

"And I will betroth you to Me forever, and I will betroth you to Me with righteousness and with justice and with loving-kindness and with mercy. כאוְאֵרַשְׂתִּיךְ לִי לְעוֹלָם וְאֵרַשְׂתִּיךְ לִי בְּצֶדֶק וּבְמִשְׁפָּט וּבְחֶסֶד וּבְרַחֲמִים:
22And I will betroth you to Me with faith, and you shall know the Lord. כבוְאֵרַשְׂתִּיךְ לִי בֶּאֱמוּנָה וְיָדַעַתְּ אֶת יְהֹוָה:
23And it shall come to pass on that day, [that] I will answer, says the Lord; I will answer the heavens, and they shall answer the earth. כגוְהָיָה | בַּיּוֹם הַהוּא אֶעֱנֶה נְאֻם יְהֹוָה אֶעֱנֶה אֶת הַשָּׁמָיִם וְהֵם יַעֲנוּ אֶת הָאָרֶץ:
24And the earth shall answer the corn and the wine and the oil, and they shall answer Jezreel. כדוְהָאָרֶץ תַּעֲנֶה אֶת הַדָּגָן וְאֶת הַתִּירוֹשׁ וְאֶת הַיִּצְהָר וְהֵם יַעֲנוּ אֶת יִזְרְעֶאל:
25And I will sow her for Me in the land, and I will have compassion upon the unpitied one, and I will say to them that are not My people, "You are My people," and they shall say, "[You are] my God." " (Hosea 2)

*Jezreel literally 'G-d's sow'

BS Auschwitz was not TIKKUN nor was the crucifixion of tens of thousands
(more like hundreds of thousands--both jews and gentiles) thru history

Was it offensive what I wrote about the Holocaust?

YOU are NOT offensive-----I find the idea----promulgated by both
anti-Semites AND some jewish scholars ----to be similar to the
idea that the destruction of the temple and exile was payback for the
crucifixion of Jesus------muslims like it too. ----the EPIC OF DA WANDERING
JOOOOO.

Wow the fact that anti-Semites use lies blame Jews for their own problem, doesn't downgrade our own part in causing many suffering.
If talking from a purely Jewish perspective- the Torah spares no words to depict our misconduct, and we all know that the Temple was destroyed because of OUR sins.
Of course from a humanistic perspective this may look disturbing.

neither the Temple nor Auschwitz happened because of "our sins" IMO.
-------when my body weight climbed to 140 lbs-----that was because of
MY SINS---------but the fact that I am LEFT HANDED-----is heavenly decree

Well we're entitled to our opinions. But as a Jew I have to measure anything against Hashem's opinion and his prophets'.
That's all.

you reject the MfNabi? ----don't talk about it-------

what is MfNabi?

You don't know 'MF'? ask around
really i dont know. what is mf ?

ask the Imam..-----but I will help------it is a commonly used
expletive. --------in Arabic it is something like "cous-emak" ----
ask your friendly arab friend
i havnt arab friends

there are arabs in Iran-------what do you have against them?

BS Auschwitz was not TIKKUN nor was the crucifixion of tens of thousands
(more like hundreds of thousands--both jews and gentiles) thru history

JOOOOO.

Wow the fact that anti-Semites use lies blame Jews for their own problem, doesn't downgrade our own part in causing many suffering.
If talking from a purely Jewish perspective- the Torah spares no words to depict our misconduct, and we all know that the Temple was destroyed because of OUR sins.

Well we're entitled to our opinions. But as a Jew I have to measure anything against Hashem's opinion and his prophets'.
That's all.

next time HE talks to you-----let me know

Well Cyrus is refereed to as someone who's right hand is being held by
G-d, and as "anointed". There're streets named after him allover Israel.

However there was also the Persian king Xerxes, he tried to wipe out the Jews (see book of Esther), and the current king of Persia is no different.

The hearts and minds of kings are held by G-d, they're all servants.

esther is fake fantasy book. like harry potter or herculas or game of thrones

Dani there's no need to insult sacred books to make a point.
I'm sure You'd like people to respect Your prophet... there's more than enough in You court to talk about...

rylah------have you ever been in a mosque? or spoken to muslims?
I have-----lots. Defecation on OTHER religions plus memorizing
the Koran ----syllable by syllable---------is considered SCHOLARLY
by the UMMAH--------something like Ph-d level

I know what You're talking about, however from my experience those Muslims who actually studied the texts (not just reciting), once meeting (on neutral land) a Jew well versed in the Torah, who keeps it - they respect it.

Check Rabbi Tovia Singer- the Rabi of Malasiya or Indonesia, who has an encyclopedic knowledge of Torah, Koran and NT. He's well respected in those communities, to such an extent that Christians and Muslims come to him to understand their texts and how they stand against the Torah.

You know the prophecy about the 10 gentiles who'l grab a righteous Jew by the Tsitsit and ask for guidance.
They all have a part in bringing us closer to Hashem- the good and the bad ones.

you are a baby. the "WE RESPECT -----the NT and the Torah" thing
is a POSTURE. It is almost a little "jingle" that muslim kids learn along
with ITBACH AL YAHUD. You have probably never been in a mosque----
I have------I doubt that you have known a whole lot of muslims in CANDID
mode-----ie other than parlor encounters ------with a cup of coffee or tea

ohhh c'mon I'm Israeli.

Watch the Rabi addressing the issue, there's a lot of very entertaining material on YT. Maimonides might be another good source to get a real Jewish perspective on such things.

esther is fake fantasy book. like harry potter or herculas or game of thrones

I'm sure You'd like people to respect Your prophet... there's more than enough in You court to talk about...

I know what You're talking about, however from my experience those Muslims who actually studied the texts (not just reciting), once meeting (on neutral land) a Jew well versed in the Torah, who keeps it - they respect it.

Check Rabbi Tovia Singer- the Rabi of Malasiya or Indonesia, who has an encyclopedic knowledge of Torah, Koran and NT. He's well respected in those communities, to such an extent that Christians and Muslims come to him to understand their texts and how they stand against the Torah.

You know the prophecy about the 10 gentiles who'l grab a righteous Jew by the Tsitsit and ask for guidance.
They all have a part in bringing us closer to Hashem- the good and the bad ones.

ohhh c'mon I'm Israeli.

Watch the Rabi addressing the issue, there's a lot of very entertaining material on YT. Maimonides might be another good source to get a real Jewish perspective on such things.

oh you are an Israeli-----THAT EXPLAINS IT. ------so is my hubby----(sheeeesh----you Israelis.......) Maimo wrote-------"women have weak brains"-----I will never forgive him. One smart thing he wrote was "today's medical
science is very primitive" Even SMARTER he wrote----"be careful of what
you write ......people tend to believe ANYTHING written"

JOOOOO.

That's all.

Last time that happened we died.

I'm trying to understand Your opposition, just can't figure out if it's something about personal experience or simply a secular view of things.

ohhh c'mon I'm Israeli.

oh you are an Israeli-----THAT EXPLAINS IT. ------so is my hubby----(sheeeesh----you Israelis.......) Maimo wrote-------"women have weak brains"-----I will never forgive him. One smart thing he wrote was "today's medical
science is very primitive" Even SMARTER he wrote----"be careful of what
you write ......people tend to believe ANYTHING written"

Well we learn from Abraham that no matter how righteous a man is- he has to listen to his wife...maybe one of the reasons the OP is talking about :)
Remind the hubby.

what is MfNabi?

i havnt arab friends

they arent in our province very much . so i havnt arab friend
most of them live in sout (khuzestan province
Locator_map_Iran_Khuzestan_Province.png

but i live here:

mazandaran-map.gif

+ i did know arab guy in school. even he couldnt speak arabic

JOOOOO.

That's all.

I'm trying to understand Your opposition, just can't figure out if it's something about personal experience or simply a secular view of things.

?OPPOSITION?

i havnt arab friends

they arent in our province very much . so i havnt arab friend
most of them live in sout (khuzestan province
Locator_map_Iran_Khuzestan_Province.png

but i live here:

mazandaran-map.gif

+ i did know arab guy in school. even he couldnt speak arabic

consult Muhummad

That's all.

?OPPOSITION?

Let's get back on topic.
If You had a son would You circumcise him so that he takes part in that survival the OP is talking about- as a Jew? Would You let him marry a gentile woman?

That's all.

?OPPOSITION?

Let's get back on topic.
If You had a son would You circumcise him so that he takes part in that survival the OP is talking about- as a Jew? Would You let him marry a gentile woman?

my son was circumcised----on the NINTH day-----because he was born by c.section---------don't ask me about the technicality-----he is living in Israel now-----he has informed me "I AM A MAN"-----so I don't get to decide NUTHIN'. -----I have told him that if he gets a TATOO-----I will die (the Israeli kids are into that crap now) My "opposition?"

That's all.

?OPPOSITION?

Let's get back on topic.

my son was circumcised----on the NINTH day-----because he was born by c.section---------don't ask me about the technicality-----he is living in Israel now-----he has informed me "I AM A MAN"-----so I don't get to decide NUTHIN'. -----I have told him that if he gets a TATOO-----I will die (the Israeli kids are into that crap now) My "opposition?"

Good to hear he's received the covenant and lives home.
I'd rather not talk negatively about You in regards to the Torah.

?OPPOSITION?

Let's get back on topic.

huh? You need not talk about me at all--------your aunt never met me----nor your grandma

?OPPOSITION?

Let's get back on topic.

huh? You need not talk about me at all--------your aunt never met me----nor your grandma

I'm sorry I didn't get it :)

My whole premise here is that G-d's promises are kept, and we're promised to be his people forever.

?OPPOSITION?

Let's get back on topic.

My whole premise here is that G-d's promises are kept, and we're promised to be his people forever.

oh that......... keep it to yourself-------or ourselves..........it annoys some people

Let's get back on topic.

oh that......... keep it to yourself-------or ourselves..........it annoys some people

Well let me just one more and that's it.
There was a midrash I really liked about Jewish survival, goes something like that:
Before Israel entered the land, Moses our Rabi prophesied to his people
"You'll enter and settle the land, enjoy it and bring many children. You'll love it and will get used to it. But then You'll be scattered to the 4 corners of the world, tortured and killed- so that You don't know what the next day brings on You!"
Bnei Israel shockingly asked: "Why are You telling us all that now, before we enter and fight the nations?"
Rabi Moses answered: "Forget about surviving- Your job is to LIVE, be eternal and give birth to lineages of new Jews, study and prosper how You can. All those around will try to survive but perish- YOU LIVE"

And that's why we say Lechaim.
Touched a spot in me at least. :) CHAI CHAI CHAI

As for me and mine I will bless Israel all the days of my life! Though none go with me I will stand with Israel and her people for they are the chosen of G_d and He changes Not nor does His Word or His Promises! He is fulfilling His Work made to His People regathering His People into His Land He gave them never to be moved again. Woo to those who touch the apple of G_d's eye. If G_d does not fulfill His promises to the Jews then His promises mean nothing. Hear oh world for His arm is not weak nor is it short to perform what He has declared to his children Israel. Just as The King of Egypt spoke his own fate upon himself be careful the world does not bring its own fate down upon its own head.

“I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
- Genesis 12:1-3

For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.
- Isaiah 62:1

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they that love thee shall prosper. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. For my brethren and companions’ sakes, I will say now, peace be within thee. For the sake of the House of the Lord our God I will seek thy good.
– Psalm 122

They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.
- Romans 15:27 (NIV)

Well let me just one more and that's it.
There was a midrash I really liked about Jewish survival, goes something like that:
Before Israel entered the land, Moses our Rabi prophesied to his people
"You'll enter and settle the land, enjoy it and bring many children. You'll love it and will get used to it. But then You'll be scattered to the 4 corners of the world, tortured and killed- so that You don't know what the next day brings on You!"
Bnei Israel shockingly asked: "Why are You telling us all that now, before we enter and fight the nations?"
Rabi Moses answered: "Forget about surviving- Your job is to LIVE, be eternal and give birth to lineages of new Jews, study and prosper how You can. All those around will try to survive but perish- YOU LIVE"

And that's why we say Lechaim.
Touched a spot in me at least. :) CHAI CHAI CHAI

ok----but its midrash-----its an AFTERTHOUGHT

[QUOTE="Paparock, post: 16624739,

They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.
- Romans 15:27 (NIV)

I read the NT-----and I, ABSOLUTELY do not remember these ^^^^ lines.
ok----maybe I forgot------maybe----but not likely

Forum List

Back