Why have the Jews survived?

As for me and mine I will bless Israel all the days of my life! Though none go with me I will stand with Israel and her people for they are the chosen of G_d and He changes Not nor does His Word or His Promises! He is fulfilling His Work made to His People regathering His People into His Land He gave them never to be moved again. Woo to those who touch the apple of G_d's eye. If G_d does not fulfill His promises to the Jews then His promises mean nothing. Hear oh world for His arm is not weak nor is it short to perform what He has declared to his children Israel. Just as The King of Egypt spoke his own fate upon himself be careful the world does not bring its own fate down upon its own head.

“I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
- Genesis 12:1-3

For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.
- Isaiah 62:1

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they that love thee shall prosper. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. For my brethren and companions’ sakes, I will say now, peace be within thee. For the sake of the House of the Lord our God I will seek thy good.
– Psalm 122

They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.
- Romans 15:27 (NIV)

Only Jews write "G_D".

It's an English word only, but they get so sacrosanct about it.

As for me and mine I will bless Israel all the days of my life! Though none go with me I will stand with Israel and her people for they are the chosen of G_d and He changes Not nor does His Word or His Promises! He is fulfilling His Work made to His People regathering His People into His Land He gave them never to be moved again. Woo to those who touch the apple of G_d's eye. If G_d does not fulfill His promises to the Jews then His promises mean nothing. Hear oh world for His arm is not weak nor is it short to perform what He has declared to his children Israel. Just as The King of Egypt spoke his own fate upon himself be careful the world does not bring its own fate down upon its own head.

“I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they that love thee shall prosper. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. For my brethren and companions’ sakes, I will say now, peace be within thee. For the sake of the House of the Lord our God I will seek thy good.
– Psalm 122

They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.

Only Jews write "G_D".

****It's an English word only, but they get so sacrosanct about it.
^^^^^^ sheeeesh--you are REALLY desperate

– Psalm 122

Only Jews write "G_D".

It is Jews who are desperate to make their ancient nonsense sacrosanct.

"Chosen people" bull crap.

If they were so "chosen" then why did Adolf so easily murder so many of them?

Jews are no different than anybody else.

Just more clannish.

They are lucky that the UK, Russia, and USA agreed with them to reclaim their own ancient lands. Just lucky.

Truman stated that he was afraid of Jewish political power in the USA if he did NOT support them in 1948.

Politics is simply a numbers game.

[QUOTE="Paparock, post: 16624739,

I read the NT-----and I, ABSOLUTELY do not remember these ^^^^ lines.
ok----maybe I forgot------maybe----but not likely
"NIV", there is a little difference in the words used than in the KJV.

– Psalm 122

Only Jews write "G_D".

Just more clannish.

They are lucky that the UK, Russia, and USA agreed with them to reclaim their own ancient lands. Just lucky.

Truman stated that he was afraid of Jewish political power in the USA if he did NOT support them in 1948.

you got a link to your bull crap.-----I am especially fond of your Truman quotation
"I am afraid of jewish political power in the USA" 1948

I do not recall even anything like the sense of those words------I did not check.
I am a jew------any gentiles out there want to share YOUR MATERIAL BLESSINGS
with me? -------make me an offer

I do not recall even anything like the sense of those words------I did not check.
I am a jew------any gentiles out there want to share YOUR MATERIAL BLESSINGS
with me? -------make me an offer
How easily people's perception can get screwed up. This should give most a good clue as to why many can not reconcile the words or different world views on what it all means.

– Psalm 122

Only Jews write "G_D".

Just more clannish.

What You reject in Your post actually answers all Your questions.

– Psalm 122

Only Jews write "G_D".

It's an English word only, but they get so sacrosanct about it.

God cares how you write his name. God is generic people, it can mean many things to different people, some people believe money is their God, some believe they are God like Trump.

All those hundreds and hundreds of Millions of Muslims cursing tiny little Israel and swearing by Allah for how many years to drive them into the sea and wipe them from the face of the earth and yet not only have they not been wiped from the face of the earth but they have prospered, their land has grown and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob has blessed them! The German Third Reich tried to exterminate them and yet it is the German Third Reich who said they were going to establish a 1000 year reign who are destroyed. The Roman Empire who tried to utterly erase them; where are they today? Some even the so called "Christian" church like the Catholic Church where are they today? They have faced disgrace, scandal, and been scorned by even their own "Christian brothers". Genesis 12:3

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."
George Santayana

– Psalm 122

Only Jews write "G_D".

Just more clannish.

This is worth repeating because apparently everyone but you recognizes it.

Historians will tell you that their continued existence and contributions to mankind disproportionate to their tiny numbers is inexplicable. When pressed on their success, they give all credit to God. Thus their chosenness is the least arrogant answer they can give.

"Over 300 years ago King Louis XIV of France asked Blaise Pascal, the great French philosopher, to give him proof of the supernatural. Pascal answered: "Why, the Jews, your Majesty ― the Jews."

History Crash Course #67: The Miracle of Jewish History

The question should be Why have the Jews survived given all they have faced.. The answer can be found in the book of Jonah as long as it is read as an allegory and not taken literally.... It should come as no surprise that Israel is thriving in spite of the obstacles arrayed against her ..... Yes the United States is in her corner at the moment but this wasn't always the case as it did not suit them and they might not see eye to eye in the future but such is the way of the nations or peoples they are like the waves of the ocean where first one rises up and then falls down only to be replaced by another wave which cannot maintain itself and falls like the others before it... Israel is solid and unmoving like the land and is not bothered by the many nations who clamber and make noise like the rushing waters but in the end are fleeting and without a solid foundation in which to rest and become more then just liquid which easily slips out of ones grasp...
Why have the Assyrians survived ??

Why have the Swiss survived ??

Why have the Danes or Swedes survived ??

Why have the Berbers survived ??

Etc.

Sometimes the answer is geographic isolation.

Sometimes it is clannishness however.

Myopia is not why. Open your eyes and look around you.
Geographic isolation? Clannishness? Seriously? By any objective measure none of these peoples that you have listed have made contributions to mankind like the Jewish people. This is especially true when you consider their contributions in light of their disproportionate numbers. Now factor in their continued existence for 3000 years against all odds. Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge a tiny people who defeated the superpower of their day and went on to make such overwhelming contributions is unique? What exactly have the peoples you listed done?

0.2% OF WORLD'S POPULATION
14.1 Million Jews

NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS:

Literature

1910 - Paul Heyse
1927 - Henri Bergson
1958 - Boris Pasternak
1966 - Shmuel Yosef Agnon
1966 - Nelly Sachs
1976 - Saul Bellow
1978 - Isaac Bashevis Singer
1981 - Elias Canetti
1987 - Joseph Brodsky
1991 - Nadine Gordimer

World Peace

1911 - Alfred Fried
1911 - Tobias Michael Carel Asser
1968 - Rene Cassin
1973 - Henry Kissinger
1978 - Menachem Begin
1986 - Elie Wiesel
1994 - Shimon Peres
1994 - Yitzhak Rabin

Chemistry

1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer
1906 - Henri Moissan
1910 - Otto Wallach
1915 - Richard Willstaetter
1918 - Fritz Haber
1943 - George Charles de Hevesy
1961 - Melvin Calvin
1962 - Max Ferdinand Perutz
1972 - William Howard Stein
1977 - Ilya Prigogine
1979 - Herbert Charles Brown
1980 - Paul Berg
1980 - Walter Gilbert
1981 - Roald Hoffmann
1982 - Aaron Klug
1985 - Albert A. Hauptman
1985 - Jerome Karle
1986 - Dudley R. Herschbach
1988 - Robert Huber
1989 - Sidney Altman
1992 - Rudolph Marcus
2000 - Alan J. Heeger

Economics

1970 - Paul Anthony Samuelson
1971 - Simon Kuznets
1972 - Kenneth Joseph Arrow
1975 - Leonid Kantorovich
1976 - Milton Friedman
1978 - Herbert A. Simon
1980 - Lawrence Robert Klein
1985 - Franco Modigliani
1987 - Robert M. Solow
1990 - Harry Markowitz
1990 - Merton Miller
1992 - Gary Becker
1993 - Rober Fogel

Medicine

1908 - Elie Metchnikoff
1908 - Paul Erlich
1914 - Robert Barany
1922 - Otto Meyerhof
1930 - Karl Landsteiner
1931 - Otto Warburg
1936 - Otto Loewi
1944 - Joseph Erlanger
1944 - Herbert Spencer Gasser
1945 - Ernst Boris Chain
1946 - Hermann Joseph Muller
1950 - Tadeus Reichstein
1952 - Selman Abraham Waksman
1953 - Hans Krebs
1953 - Fritz Albert Lipmann
1958 - Joshua Lederberg
1959 - Arthur Kornberg
1964 - Konrad Bloch
1965 - Francois Jacob
1965 - Andre Lwoff
1967 - George Wald
1968 - Marshall W. Nirenberg
1969 - Salvador Luria
1970 - Julius Axelrod
1970 - Sir Bernard Katz
1972 - Gerald Maurice Edelman
1975 - David Baltimore
1975 - Howard Martin Temin
1976 - Baruch S. Blumberg
1977 - Rosalyn Sussman Yalow
1978 - Daniel Nathans
1980 - Baruj Benacerraf
1984 - Cesar Milstein
1985 - Michael Stuart Brown
1985 - Joseph L. Goldstein
1986 - Stanley Cohen [& Rita Levi-Montalcini]
1988 - Gertrude Elion
1989 - Harold Varmus
1991 - Erwin Neher
1991 - Bert Sakmann
1993 - Richard J. Roberts
1993 - Phillip Sharp
1994 - Alfred Gilman
1995 - Edward B. Lewis

Physics

1907 - Albert Abraham Michelson
1908 - Gabriel Lippmann
1921 - Albert Einstein
1922 - Niels Bohr
1925 - James Franck
1925 - Gustav Hertz
1943 - Gustav Stern
1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi
1952 - Felix Bloch
1954 - Max Born
1958 - Igor Tamm
1959 - Emilio Segre
1960 - Donald A. Glaser
1961 - Robert Hofstadter
1962 - Lev Davidovich Landau
1965 - Richard Phillips Feynman
1965 - Julian Schwinger
1969 - Murray Gell-Mann
1971 - Dennis Gabor
1973 - Brian David Josephson
1975 - Benjamin Mottleson
1976 - Burton Richter
1978 - Arno Allan Penzias
1978 - Peter L. Kapitza
1979 - Stephen Weinberg
1979 - Sheldon Glashow
1988 - Leon Lederman
1988 - Melvin Schwartz
1988 - Jack Steinberger
1990 - Jerome Friedman
1995 - Martin Perl

07 Judaism

The Jewish Contribution to World Civilization

Last edited:
Please give credit to the countries their universities were in, Germany and the US. A good question is how did the Germans survive and become the largest nationality in the US?

One of the great miracles of world history is the eternal vibrancy and relevance of Torah.

Why have the Jews Survived?

Parasites always survive.
Not when they kill their host.

They never run out of hosts, from Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Britain, France, US, SA, they have been expelled from countries , but they never had a nation of their own, their own soil so they lived off of others, and to their credit they did add a lot to society attending their host countries universities, but they also did damage along the way. No one is innocent.

Please give credit to the countries their universities were in, Germany and the US. A good question is how did the Germans survive and become the largest nationality in the US?

They never run out of hosts, from Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Britain, France, US, SA, they have been expelled from countries , but they never had a nation of their own, their own soil so they lived off of others, and to their credit they did add a lot to society attending their host countries universities, but they also did damage along the way. No one is innocent.

The external locus of control is strong in you. That is NOT a good thing. Trust me.

The external locus of control is strong in you. That is NOT a good thing. Trust me.

Penelope is a "health care worker"-----but she forgot to read the textbooks.
If you wish to communicate with her--------state your thoughts in simple language

Forum List

Back