Why has the Japanese got a pass on their ENORMOUS WW II atrocities?

Not in the same way. You did not answer my question.
Its none of your business where I have been

Besides this is the internet where anyone can make claims that cannot be disproven

As I’m sure you will soon demonstrate

The book that was largely discredited in academic circles? So much so in fact that the author killed herself?
/——-/ Perhaps I should have written read ABOUT the rape of Nanking. “After the war, multiple Japanese military officers and Kōki Hirota, former Prime Minister of Japan and foreign minister during the atrocities, were found guilty of war crimes and executed. Some other Japanese military leaders in charge at the time of the Nanjing Massacre were not tried only because by the time of the tribunals they had either already been killed or committed seppuku (ritual suicide).” Nanjing Massacre - Wikipedia

Its none of your business where I have been

Besides this is the internet where anyone can make claims that cannot be disproven

As I’m sure you will soon demonstrate
You have just given a very clear answer.

As I admitted in another thread, my knowledge of WW II, like most, is mostly the European war.
I have read at least 20 books on that front. However, before now I had not read any about the Pacific front.
Holy shit folks... Hirihoto is a top shelf mass murdering tyrant. And the atrocities inflicted upon their enemies is the worst in modern history... by far. Not even Hitler was as barbaric as the Japanese.
So... why is history so silent about this? Not that there is no information out there... there are many books about it.
But when anyone thinks of WW II atrocities - they almost always only think of Hitler. Maybe toss in Mussolini, and better informed will include Stalin. But Japan's leaders? Not a lot out there about it.
There annihilation of completely innocent people living in the Philippines is unbelievable. And not just simply killing them, but the Japanese ENJOYED torturing/dismembering/sexually exploiting their captors as a MAIN form of entertainment.
We are talking about not only the worse examples of human atrocities committed in WW II - but some of the worst in the history of mankind ever.
A lot of generals were executed and politicians who were in charge and other ranks also. The Emperor was too difficult to do anything about. Would have caused a revolution and all kinds of suicidal stuff.... we promised in the peace treaty that he was sacrosanct.

When they invaded the Philippines, they would round up 100s of villagers, as to not waste ammunition killing them, they would force them into buildings and set fire to it and burn them alive.
Again, not even the Nazis did shit like that. When they mass murdered Jews, they at least did so with some degree of humanness. Nazi soldiers are known to have raped some Jewish women - but NOTHING to the scale of the Japanese. 'The Raping of Nanjing" where Japanese soldiers would go on rampages of raping every woman they saw...wholesale raping women described in the war tribunals as "1000s of women raped a day" that went on for weeks.
Yes they were pretty horrible, My father from Buffalo joined the British Army as a doctor in 1941 before Pearl Harbor and met mother who was a nurse. And he was at Imphal, the Stalingrad of the east... Unfortunately I believe it was around D day so nobody ever heard of it....

A lot of generals were executed and politicians who were in charge and other ranks also. The Emperor was too difficult to do anything about. Would have caused a revolution and all kinds of suicidal stuff.... we promised in the peace treaty that he was sacrosanct.
This is an important point. The US declared it an "Unconditional surrender" but it damn sure wasn't. The US lied. The Japanese kicked US butt even to the end. :disbelief:

Forum List

Back