Why has the Japanese got a pass on their ENORMOUS WW II atrocities?

It is a shame that it happened to alleged innocent civilians....but i understand it was a last resort for Truman.
War is always hell on civilians.

However, I will bet any amount of money that every one of the adults and any child old enough to know was a bat shit crazy supporter of the Imperial government.

I bet most, if not all, of those civilians toasted by the canned sunshine cheered when they heard that Jap military had such a victory at Pearl Harbor.

1698523235497.png

Burrowing%20Owl%20SERIOUSLY-S.jpg

This was not uncommon.

The Malmedy massacre was a German war crime committed by soldiers of the Waffen-SS on 17 December 1944 at the Baugnez crossroads near the city of Malmedy, Belgium, during the Battle of the Bulge (16 December 1944 – 25 January 1945). Soldiers of Kampfgruppe Peiper summarily killed eighty-four U.S. Army prisoners of war (POWs) who had surrendered after a brief battle. The Waffen-SS soldiers had grouped the U.S. POWs in a farmer's field, where they used machine guns to shoot and kill the grouped POWs; the prisoners of war who survived the gunfire of the massacre then were killed with a coup de grâce gunshot to the head.[1]

I too know a bit about this from my Ol' Man. He was in Patton's 3rd Army when they withdrew from one battle and moved North to free Bastogne from the Nazis surrounding the city.

IMG_0003%20Censored-X2.jpg

23%20Apr%201945%20Postcard%20Edited-X3.jpg
I was talking about POW camps, for the most part the prisoners were not ill treated every day like prisoners of the japs were,as for Pieper did you know after the war hehad the nerve to settle in France? some years later he was killed at the farmhouse where he lived, some think it was former members of the French resistance, as for the Ardenne battle my dad served with the Coldstream Guards Guards Armoured Div, his unit were in Brussels when the Americans were fighting in the Bulge, they got orders to move down there is in December he spent Christmas day in a fox hole, but the main battle was almost over.

Last edited:
The Japs beheaded Brit & Aussie / New Zealand Pilots that they captured just to Blood initiate their Swords .
Yes they did, i have known many vets, one who passed some time ago fought the Japs in Burma, he told me one time they took some prisoner, told them to strip one had a small pistol under his field cap he shot a British officer dead before they nailed him, after that he told me they were not too keen on taking prisoners.

When it serves their purpose in controlling their population. Same deal for Korea.
I assume you mean North Korea

South Korea is an open society where news and information is not controlled by the government

As I admitted in another thread, my knowledge of WW II, like most, is mostly the European war.
I have read at least 20 books on that front. However, before now I had not read any about the Pacific front.
Holy shit folks... Hirihoto is a top shelf mass murdering tyrant. And the atrocities inflicted upon their enemies is the worst in modern history... by far. Not even Hitler was as barbaric as the Japanese.
So... why is history so silent about this? Not that there is no information out there... there are many books about it.
But when anyone thinks of WW II atrocities - they almost always only think of Hitler. Maybe toss in Mussolini, and better informed will include Stalin. But Japan's leaders? Not a lot out there about it.
There annihilation of completely innocent people living in the Philippines is unbelievable. And not just simply killing them, but the Japanese ENJOYED torturing/dismembering/sexually exploiting their captors as a MAIN form of entertainment.
We are talking about not only the worse examples of human atrocities committed in WW II - but some of the worst in the history of mankind ever.
/——/ Read The Rape of Nanking. GHW Bush learned of cannibalism by the Japanese nearly first hand.

Forum List

Back