Why has Obama not done anything about Baltimore riots

Yes, the looters are destroying property and you folks destroy intelligence and conversation with rigid ideology.

We saw the city and ministerial leadership did all it could in trying to stop the violence. We did not see that when whites destroyed black townships.

I notice how Liminal hasn't condemned the riots yet.
OK, I'll condemn the riots in a way someone of your somewhat modest intellectual endowment can understand.

Riots bad, black people bad, white people good, white people scared. Does that about sum up your deepest insights?

Nope. You condone the riots. Black people good, white people bad, cops bad. Does that sum it up for you, wiseass?

President Barack Obama said Tuesday there have been too many troubling police interactions with black citizens across American in what he called "a slow-rolling crisis." But he said there was no excuse for rioters to engage in senseless violence. Obama said those in Baltimore who stole from businesses and burned buildings and cars should be treated as criminals. "They aren't protesting, they aren't making a statement, they're stealing," Obama said.

Obama Too many troubling police interactions with blacks - Politics - Boston.com

President Barack Obama said Tuesday there have been too many troubling police interactions with black citizens across American in what he called "a slow-rolling crisis." But he said there was no excuse for rioters to engage in senseless violence. Obama said those in Baltimore who stole from businesses and burned buildings and cars should be treated as criminals. "They aren't protesting, they aren't making a statement, they're stealing," Obama said.

Obama Too many troubling police interactions with blacks - Politics - Boston.com

Hey Valerie, read your own damned article.

"We have seen too many instances of what appears to be police officers interacting with individuals, primarily African-American, often poor, in ways that raise troubling questions. It comes up, it seems like, once a week now," Obama said. He said it's not new, but there's new awareness as a result of cameras and social media."

have you taken your meds today? :itsok:

ftr, ^ this was not just some funny internet meme...

Because I am bipolar. I have very violent mood swings. I lock myself in rooms when that happens. There are holes in my bedroom wall that I put there because I didn't want to hurt my grandmother during one of those mood swings. If I were ever to gain employment, I would be a danger to my cohorts and potential customers.

I am taking my safety and that of others into account. A job is not a wise thing for me right now.

Last edited:
have you taken your meds today? :itsok:

ftr, ^ this was not just something funny internet meme...

Because I am bipolar. I have very violent mood swings. I lock myself in rooms when that happens. There are holes in my bedroom wall that I put there because I didn't want to hurt my grandmother during one of those mood swings. If I were ever to gain employment, I would be a danger to my cohorts and potential customers.

I am taking my safety and that of others into account. A job is not a wise thing for me right now.

Is this what you liberals do when you have no arguments? This is quite amusing to see, this sudden shift to insults and all.

Thanks for playing. I'm willing to share my meds with you if you'd like. It appears you need them more than I do.

"The Wire" creator and former Baltimore Sun reporter David Simon was among those urging peace.

"The anger and the selfishness and the brutality of those claiming the right to violence in Freddie Gray's name needs to cease," he wrote in a blog post Monday evening.

"There was real power and potential in the peaceful protests that spoke in Mr. Gray's name initially, and there was real unity at his homegoing today. But this, now, in the streets, is an affront to that man's memory and a diminution of the absolute moral lesson that underlies his unnecessary death," he said.

He pleaded with protestors to go home. "If you can't seek redress and demand reform without a brick in your hand, you risk losing this moment for all of us in Baltimore," he wrote.

The city is under a state of emergency with about 500 National Guard troops assisting law enforcement. Numerous fires were reported overnight and Baltimore police reported people throwing cinder blocks at fire engines as firefighters worked to extinguish the flames. Fifteen police officers were also injured, six of them seriously, during Monday's violence.

Baltimore Riots Prompt Celebrity Reactions - Yahoo

Forum List

Back