why government should never perform private enterprise functions

Look what I found at the intersection of criminally irresponsible financial management and taxpayer money known as public unions.

"The Port Authority, known for its largess and keeping its business from public view, yesterday went live with a new Web site listing the full salaries — including overtime and extras — for every one of its 6,777 employees.

And what a list it is. The database, available at www.panynj.gov/payroll, tells a story of an agency that, while crying poverty, is paying some of its workers more in overtime than the $48,743 brought in each year by the average New York City family.

So far in 2011, one maintenance supervisor has pulled down $152,902 — nearly double his annual salary of $84,916 — thanks to more than $7,000 in OT, another $54,000 for cashing in unused vacation and personal days, and other payments.

Read more: Port Authority Web site shows huge salaries - NYPOST.com

In our state.... We can't "cash in" anything until we retire. When we retire, we "cash in 100% of our annual leave. We can "cash in" our sick time, but we only get 33% of the accumulated value. I don't know how it operates in NY... but if it's similar, the dude probably retired and it was a one time deal. You see? It's HOW things get reported that can skew opinion more than the actual facts.

Before you even start... let me ask you something.... why shouldn't a worker be able to "cash in" accumulated leave when they retire? I guess that the worker should just be magnanimous and let all those days of leave that he EARNED, that he COULD have taken off, but didn't just go back to the state?

As far as the OT? 7K is a hell of a lot cheaper than hiring another Supervisor and paying another set of benefits, isn't it?

OK, you can resume your one sided douchebaggery now.

Find a grown up to read the article to you first then we can talk about it

I used the example given. Obviously you used it in your post because it appeared to be the most damning that was in the article. That's why I chose to offer a rebuttal for that scenario.

But, OK... I'll read the damned article... but if it even mentions the "average" salary... I'm gonna stop. Because I've seen it before. You could do the same thing with any large private sector Corporation. Average all salaries from the owner down to the janitor and say that the average is $60k.

Ok... I looked through the database. Yeah... the salaries at the top are bloated. But then again... so are the salaries at the top of all big corporations. One other thing, NYC is a god awful expensive place to live... good luck finding people to do the jobs that serve the public for the same price as you would in a rural community, where the problems are fewer and the cost of living is cheaper. Even if you privatize, you will have the same damned problem.

Big cities suck(IMHO). That's why I live in the country and enjoy my subsidized Electricity and Telephone/Internet.

Look what I found at the intersection of criminally irresponsible financial management and taxpayer money known as public unions.

"The Port Authority, known for its largess and keeping its business from public view, yesterday went live with a new Web site listing the full salaries — including overtime and extras — for every one of its 6,777 employees.

And what a list it is. The database, available at www.panynj.gov/payroll, tells a story of an agency that, while crying poverty, is paying some of its workers more in overtime than the $48,743 brought in each year by the average New York City family.

So far in 2011, one maintenance supervisor has pulled down $152,902 — nearly double his annual salary of $84,916 — thanks to more than $7,000 in OT, another $54,000 for cashing in unused vacation and personal days, and other payments.

In our state.... We can't "cash in" anything until we retire. When we retire, we "cash in 100% of our annual leave. We can "cash in" our sick time, but we only get 33% of the accumulated value. I don't know how it operates in NY... but if it's similar, the dude probably retired and it was a one time deal. You see? It's HOW things get reported that can skew opinion more than the actual facts.

Before you even start... let me ask you something.... why shouldn't a worker be able to "cash in" accumulated leave when they retire? I guess that the worker should just be magnanimous and let all those days of leave that he EARNED, that he COULD have taken off, but didn't just go back to the state?

As far as the OT? 7K is a hell of a lot cheaper than hiring another Supervisor and paying another set of benefits, isn't it?

In other words, yes, CrusaderFrank lies, continually.

In other words, yes, CrusaderFrank lies, continually.
give it up fakey. YOU are the biggest poseur/LIAR here.

And The T is a liar from before the foundations of the world, as well.

Tis what tis.

Forum List

Back