Why doesn't Obama use $400B in unspent Stimulus for Gulf?

Hmmm?

Recovery.gov

$377B unspent.

Why isn't it being used to stop further damage in the Gulf?

You support defecit govt spending to fix a private companies mess?

Mr. Corporate welfare :beer:

The Deficit is already there, the money is already there, what is Obama saving it for, a rainy day?

Why won't he help the Gulf?

Does he need Stimulus funds to buy Cap & Trade ads?

Hmmm?

Recovery.gov

$377B unspent.

Why isn't it being used to stop further damage in the Gulf?

Louisiana did not experience a housing glut crisis or recession like the rest of the country. This was due to many houses being wiped out by Katrina. The massive amounts of insurance & government money flowing into this region has stimulated the heck out of their economy & even caused growth while the rest of this country suffers. I do not see the need to throw a bunch more of our money down their because this oil gusher is causing them some problems. These people benefit from oil so they can also help pay for the cost. BP should pay for most of this.

We have a 230+ year tradition of laws and courts to settle these matters, if it's an economic matter why end run our courts for a few buck when Obama is sitting on 20 times that amount? Hmmmm?

Why? Because it was a good idea. You'll figure out what good idea means the day you actually have one.

OK, let's be clear: a US President can do an end run around the courts if he feels that a good idea, is that the new Liberal/Progressive/Neo-Nazi Standard?

Where is the "Good Idea" Clause in the Constitution?

Well, let's play ask a Conservative Republican Neo-Nazi!

Today's player, Governor Haley Barbour (from Meet the Press, yesterday)

...But as I've said before and said to the President, I think the federal government's done more right than wrong. I thought appointing Ken Feinberg, who's got a great reputation that's well-deserved is good for BP and good for the government. Get BP out of that. But BP's gotta pay. And everybody has to understand it. BP's the responsible party. We expect them to pay for everything....

I think the President was smart. And I congratulate him and BP that they reached an agreement instead of $20 billion taken out of that working capital all at once, it's actually gonna be $5 billion this year, $5 billion the next year, $5 billion the following year, and $5 billion the fourth year.

That makes sure, as Mary Landrieu says, we want to make sure that BP stays in business, generates the revenues that will pay what they owe the states and our citizens. And I think the com-- I don't know if it's a compromise or not. The agreement they worked out not to do all the $20 billion, put it in an escrow account at once, means that we're much more likely to get everything paid by BP, who, by the way, is supposed to pay everything....

Transcript: Barbour, Landrieu, Markey, Hofmeister on “Meet the Press” June 20, 2010 - The Page by Mark Halperin - TIME.com

Traffic Cop Obama: You have a busted tail light, let's see your license, registration and, ahh fuck it, I'm seizing your home, car, kids and anything else because I think that's a "Good Idea"

That's called Fascism, that's Anarchy!

You know, you, Rush Limbaugh, Joe Barton, Michelle Bachmann, and the handful of other likeminded rightwingers out there should form a club. Call it the Conservatism Jumps off the Political Cliff Club.

OK, let's be clear: a US President can do an end run around the courts if he feels that a good idea, is that the new Liberal/Progressive/Neo-Nazi Standard?

He can do what any law enforcement officer can do. Cop pulls me over for no brakelights, he gives me a paper - get the lights fixed and get proof of it done - no ticket.

Now you'll want to tell me that's unconstitutional lololololol

He can seize assets without a court order just because he thinks it falls under the non-existent "Good Idea" Clause in the Constitution?

The President can do that?

Nixon could have seized the Washington Post and the Times for publishing the Pentagon papers?

I learn so much when I listen to Dem/Lib/Progressives/NeoNazis

He didn't seize any assets, first of all.

btw, I think an administration can freeze and/or seize the assets of foreign groups that are affiliated with terrorism, can't they?

Traffic Cop Obama: You have a busted tail light, let's see your license, registration and, ahh fuck it, I'm seizing your home, car, kids and anything else because I think that's a "Good Idea"

That's called Fascism, that's Anarchy!

Fact is, they can revoke your driver's license just for refusing a breathalyzer.

Why doesn't he lift the Jone's Act restrictions and allow the Europeans to help us out?

Indifference and he is still cowtowing to the unions.
There is no need for lifting the Jones Act...the Jones Act is not preventing anyone from doing anything.

As for the stimulus money it is only lawfully used for specific things.

Rahm Emanuel told everyone why Obama dragged his feet for 42 days and why the response has been flaccid: "Republicans are dangerous!"

The Dems are going to use this as a campaign issue, blame Bush, etc., so it's in their best interest to inflict as much harm as they can. Nothing will get done between now and November.

Obama will use the Stimulus fund to buy ads blaming the spill on Bush.

Gulf residents are being used for Democrat campaigns.

Nice.

Why? Because it was a good idea. You'll figure out what good idea means the day you actually have one.

...But as I've said before and said to the President, I think the federal government's done more right than wrong. I thought appointing Ken Feinberg, who's got a great reputation that's well-deserved is good for BP and good for the government. Get BP out of that. But BP's gotta pay. And everybody has to understand it. BP's the responsible party. We expect them to pay for everything....

I think the President was smart. And I congratulate him and BP that they reached an agreement instead of $20 billion taken out of that working capital all at once, it's actually gonna be $5 billion this year, $5 billion the next year, $5 billion the following year, and $5 billion the fourth year.

That makes sure, as Mary Landrieu says, we want to make sure that BP stays in business, generates the revenues that will pay what they owe the states and our citizens. And I think the com-- I don't know if it's a compromise or not. The agreement they worked out not to do all the $20 billion, put it in an escrow account at once, means that we're much more likely to get everything paid by BP, who, by the way, is supposed to pay everything....

Transcript: Barbour, Landrieu, Markey, Hofmeister on “Meet the Press” June 20, 2010 - The Page by Mark Halperin - TIME.com

So you and Haley support Fascism. Good to know. Thanks for the heads up

Did you support making banks take TARP funds?

Did you support the abrogation of the rights of the Chrysler Senior Secured creditors in order to enrich the UAW?

Did Haley refer to your "Good Idea" exception to actually following the Constitution?

Last edited:

I saw that, it was pretty good. I haven't been watching MTP lately because David Gregory drives me nuts. He kept pushing Haley asking him if he disagreed with the Repubs. He finally said I told you I did five times already.. :lol:

He can do what any law enforcement officer can do. Cop pulls me over for no brakelights, he gives me a paper - get the lights fixed and get proof of it done - no ticket.

He can seize assets without a court order just because he thinks it falls under the non-existent "Good Idea" Clause in the Constitution?

Nixon could have seized the Washington Post and the Times for publishing the Pentagon papers?

He seized them? WTF do you smoke? They volunteered the 20bil.

Righhhhhhhhhhhhht. They "Volunteered" after coincidentially being threatened with criminal prosecution.

Wink Wink Nudge nudge knowwhatImean knowwhatImean?

Righhhhhhhhhhhhht. They "Volunteered" after coincidentially being threatened with criminal prosecution.

Wink Wink Nudge nudge knowwhatImean knowwhatImean?

You really have no point. If they were "afraid" of Criminal Prosecution, of course they'd settle OUT of court, it happens all of the time.

If they were innocent, they had the Right to take it to court if they so chose. Nobody forced anyonbe to do anything. You're reaching too hard, you'll pull your back out.

Also, nothing here was unconstitutional, at all, because nothing concerning law even occured.

And there's still going to be a criminal investigation, numb nuts. Christ.

But the OP is about Obama not using unspent Stimulus to help people in the Gulf.

Stay on Topic

Forum List

Back