Gulf residents slam BP CEO for yacht outing

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
BP chief executive Tony Hayward took a day off Saturday to see his 52-foot yacht "Bob" compete in a glitzy race off England's shore, a leisure trip that further infuriated residents of the oil-stained Gulf Coast.

While Hayward's pricey ship whipped around the Isle of Wight on a good day for sailing — breezy and about 68 degrees — anger simmered on the steamy Gulf Coast, where crude has been washing in from the still-gushing spill.

There must be half a dozen threads on here, started by right wingers, about Obama playing golf during this disaster. Why are they not jumping all over Hayward?

why should the "right wingers" be jumping all over Hayward, we have all you useful idiots on the left doing a fine job of it.:lol:

Oh and the last I heard, Hayward ISN'T the friggen PRESIDENT of the United States.

Last edited:
why should the "right wingers" be jumping all over Hayward, we have all you useful idiots on the left doing a fine job of it.:lol:

Oh and the last I heard, Hayward ISN'T the friggen PRESIDENT of the United States.

No shit, dumbass....he is the fucking CEO of the company that is pouring MILLIONS of fucking oil into the fucking Gulf of Mexico because his fucking company was more concerned about profits than safety. Get it yet, retard???

EDIT: And let's not forget that BP/TransOcean/Haliburton are indirectly responsible for the deaths of 11 American citizens who were working on that rig when it fucking EXPLODED!

Last edited:

Yes by all means, conservatives, pursue that theme - anyone who criticizes Hayward, or BP,

is an idiot.

The Limbaugh/Barton/Bachmann strategy for the 2010 elections!!!

All either side wants when using this tactic is to score a few political points. It does nothing to help the situation.

Going after Obama for golf is revenge for the left hammering bush for being at crawford all the time. Going after Hayward for "yachting" is class warfare asshattery.

No shit, dumbass....he is the fucking CEO of the company that is pouring MILLIONS of fucking oil into the fucking Gulf of Mexico because his fucking company was more concerned about profits than safety. Get it yet, retard???

EDIT: And let's not forget that BP/TransOcean/Haliburton are indirectly responsible for the deaths of 11 American citizens who were working on that rig when it fucking EXPLODED!

:eusa_whistle::cuckoo:

They won't, you know.
Cognitive dissonance is rewarded in many ways. Personal ways, business and employment matters, political favoritism, hell its codified into some church canon and ingrained from kindergarten into the national psyche.
Its hard to imagine that the rich and powerful could do anything wrong when our whole culture is built around the premise that we, too could be rich and powerful... if we were only better than we are, like them.

Yes by all means, conservatives, pursue that theme - anyone who criticizes Hayward, or BP,

is an idiot.

:cuckoo::lol:

is an idiot.

At this point, the leak is bad enough that I believe the US Government shoudl forcefully take over BP and freeze all of their assets to ensure bankruptcy is NOT an option for them.

Gulf Coast Residents are Useful Idiots!!

There's your Republican campaign bumper sticker!

As a foreigner, BP AKA Hayward has to get everything they do approved by the US Government, shoot they cannot even get a Boat out of dock without the CG looking for a stupid life jacket. Even things that BP might have used and were already approved by the US Government, had to re-approved again by BO to show who is Boss Hog.

Everything that BP tries is always Stalled by Government Red Tape.

Now, as POTUS, BO could get things done much faster and with less Red Tape if he wanted too, he could give more control to BP to actually do something, BO could also take more control, but IMO it all comes down to the Blame Game, Photo Ops and a new way to get Cap and Tax re-introduced and a way to get the BO agenda rolling faster, not to mention a power struggle.

No, this is not meant to defend BP, BP needs to pay dearly.

This is actually about who is in charge a Mouse or a President

This is happening in US Coastal Waters, who should really be responsible, British Citizens or the American President?

is an idiot.

At this point, the leak is bad enough that I believe the US Government shoudl forcefully take over BP and freeze all of their assets to ensure bankruptcy is NOT an option for them.

They can't, its a foreign corporation. That's what the escrow account was about, to ensure funds. It should have been much more, all things considered, but there's always the possibility of the US taxpayer getting out of the recliner to put political pressure on the other two companies (Halliburton and Transocean) to do the same.

They can't, its a foreign corporation. That's what the escrow account was about, to ensure funds. It should have been much more, all things considered, but there's always the possibility of the US taxpayer getting out of the recliner to put political pressure on the other two companies (Halliburton and Transocean) to do the same.

What do you mean they "can't"? Every right winger on this board will tell you we are the most powerful nation in the world. We have enough bombs to blow up our planet twenty times over. We CAN, and we SHOULD. $20B is a good start, but will never come close to finishing the job, IMHO.

When reached to comment on Hayward's outing, President Obama said, "I'm troubled, deeply troubled. I have been slicing the hell out of the balls and spending more time in the sand than our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan."

obama-golfing.jpg

oh yeah, Hugo Chavez here we come.

Damn straight!

Then you SHOULD MOVE to Venezuela if that is how you want to live. see ya.

You people are funny. You fought tooth and nail to keep our government from helping out those US citizens less fortunate with Health Insurance, but are MORE THAN HAPPY to have our government pay to clean up a foreign coroporation's mess. Please explain that logic to me.

What do you mean they "can't"? Every right winger on this board will tell you we are the most powerful nation in the world. We have enough bombs to blow up our planet twenty times over. We CAN, and we SHOULD. $20B is a good start, but will never come close to finishing the job, IMHO.

It would be a consitutional issue, as just saying "we sieze your assets" is punishment without due process. No court in thier right mind would ever allow it to happen.

Forum List

Back