Why does the right wing insist this is "their" country?

R

rdean

It strikes me as odd that the right insists they are the only true patriots.

Only they follow the constitution or can appreciate it.

They know who the "real" Americans are.

They are the only ones who really "love" this country.

I seem to hear that message whenever Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich or anyone else on the right speaks. They say the things they do because they "KNOW".

How did they become so "enlightened"?

Because we live here and love the values of freedom, self determination, and self government that this country stands for.

um duh

Because we live here and love the values of freedom, self determination, and self government that this country stands for.

um duh

Which is so odd considering that the right seems to be against civil rights. Not just for blacks, but for Hispanics, women, gays, atheists and others.

Their policies are designed to harm America. How do we know? Just look at the last 10 years.

It's a shame really.

um duh

Which is so odd considering that the right seems to be against civil rights. Not just for blacks, but for Hispanics, women, gays, atheists and others.

Their policies are designed to harm America. How do we know? Just look at the last 10 years.

It's a shame really.

I think FDR's Tuskegee Experiments and LBJ calling his own SCOTUS pick a ****** shows where Dems fall out on Civil Rights

It is my country. It's yours too though. It really isn't all that complicated. You're just over-analyzing.

BULLSHIT

Hell..... Obama has done more to harm this country in LESS than 2 yrs! What about the fact that Congress has been in charge (Dems of course) since 2006.... Yes Bush was a disaster for the last several years of his reign, but nothing like the Dems.

It's a shame really.

The way I see it.... liberals act like they only want to give everything away.... after taking it from US the taxpayers! They are suicidal!

This is such a flawed thread it is'nt even worth the arguement.... you are'nt changing my mind, and I am not going to change yours.... so see ya!

Some...by no means all....right wingers enjoy wrapping themselves in the flag, spouting jingoistic slogans and feel they have a superior claim to the future of this nation. These folks usually object to a full and fair examination of any past bad acts on the grounds that not pretending the US is perfect and always has been (if only liberals would fuck off) is the way to go. We're never supposed to discuss the genocide of Native peoples, or the colonization of South America or the laying waste to Vietnam with Agent Orange, etc.

This is my nation, the place where I was born and raised. I'd fight to protect it, and I'd lend my family to that fight. I dislike having my patriotism questioned simply because it isn't my POV that the US is always right, the best country on Planet Earth, etc. We're human and we fuck it up just as often as anyone else.

article-0-0A9EE4D2000005DC-158_468x716.jpg

um duh

It's a shame really.

List those policies please. The ones designed to harm AMerica. We shall wait.

Some...by no means all....right wingers enjoy wrapping themselves in the flag, spouting jingoistic slogans and feel they have a superior claim to the future of this nation. These folks usually object to a full and fair examination of any past bad acts on the grounds that not pretending the US is perfect and always has been (if only liberals would fuck off) is the way to go. We're never supposed to discuss the genocide of Native peoples, or the colonization of South America or the laying waste to Vietnam with Agent Orange, etc.

This is my nation, the place where I was born and raised. I'd fight to protect it, and I'd lend my family to that fight. I dislike having my patriotism questioned simply because it isn't my POV that the US is always right, the best country on Planet Earth, etc. We're human and we fuck it up just as often as anyone else.

article-0-0A9EE4D2000005DC-158_468x716.jpg

So tell us then, Which is the best country on the Planet Earth? I'm anxious to know.

I seem to hear that message whenever Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich or anyone else on the right speaks. They say the things they do because they "KNOW".

I think the word "our" is about as inclusive as one can get.
Why do you feel left out by it?

um duh

It's a shame really.

Tax breaks for out-sourcing jobs.

Lax regulation of the banking, food and oil industries.

Price supports for agriculture.

Price supports for Big Pharma.

Etc.

I could go on all night, Willow.

It's a shame really.

Etc.

well, seems to me someone wanted to allow we American to re-import cheaper drugs from Canada and incorporate that into the HCRB.. mind telling us now who voted NO on that little proposal? Oh! and we should not support Agriculture? Is that right? Lax regulation on the food industry? Really? And, finally who gave BP and easy pass on their rigs???? obie wan know nuttin and his cronies did.

Really, everyone on the right does this eh.

Not me

It's a shame really.

Etc.

And which country is better than America? We are anxious to know.

Forum List

Back