Why does the right wing insist this is "their" country?

Because we live here and love the values of freedom, self determination, and self government that this country stands for.

um duh

Which is so odd considering that the right seems to be against civil rights. Not just for blacks, but for Hispanics, women, gays, atheists and others.

Their policies are designed to harm America. How do we know? Just look at the last 10 years.

It's a shame really.

You may want to go look up who voted for Civil Rights in this Country you RETARD.

Because we live here and love the values of freedom, self determination, and self government that this country stands for.

um duh

Which is so odd considering that the right seems to be against civil rights. Not just for blacks, but for Hispanics, women, gays, atheists and others.

Their policies are designed to harm America. How do we know? Just look at the last 10 years.

It's a shame really.

You may want to go look up who voted for Civil Rights in this Country you RETARD.

Johnson couldn't have signed it without the Republicans...period.

um duh

And smaller less intrusive government at that. Deany is pissed that the people by and large are taking that stance and taking Obama and his Statist pals in the Congress to task for the damage they've caused...

...This government and the country they preside over belongs to US...and we are pissed at what it's become due to Statists as rdeany whom applaud the nanny-state.

List those policies please. The ones designed to harm AMerica. We shall wait.

Tax breaks for out-sourcing jobs.

Lax regulation of the banking, food and oil industries.

Price supports for agriculture.

Price supports for Big Pharma.

Etc.

I could go on all night, Willow.

well, seems to me someone wanted to allow we American to re-import cheaper drugs from Canada and incorporate that into the HCRB.. mind telling us now who voted NO on that little proposal? Oh! and we should not support Agriculture? Is that right? Lax regulation on the food industry? Really? And, finally who gave BP and easy pass on their rigs???? obie wan know nuttin and his cronies did.

The import of drugs from Canada was outlawed under Bush and remained outlawed under Obama, because Big Pharma is the 800 lb gorilla. The Health Care Reform law would never have passed without it.

The FDA has been falling down on the job of food safety and drug safety for decades...this ain't something that just occurred under Obama.

Etc. In general, the right is friendly to Big Business and IMO, the average person in the US gets screwed.

"Best country on Planet Earth" is subjective. The US is the wealthiest and I like to think, the prettiest. That doesn't mean other people love their countries any less, or that the US can never learn from another nation.

It strikes me as odd that the right insists they are the only true patriots.

Only they follow the constitution or can appreciate it.

They know who the "real" Americans are.

They are the only ones who really "love" this country.

I seem to hear that message whenever Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich or anyone else on the right speaks. They say the things they do because they "KNOW".

How did they become so "enlightened"?

Only ignorant people would claim that only they are "Real Americans." Only ignorant people would claim that an entire group of people does so and are also against civil rights.

Etc.

well, seems to me someone wanted to allow we American to re-import cheaper drugs from Canada and incorporate that into the HCRB.. mind telling us now who voted NO on that little proposal? Oh! and we should not support Agriculture? Is that right? Lax regulation on the food industry? Really? And, finally who gave BP and easy pass on their rigs???? obie wan know nuttin and his cronies did.

Think about it for a second. Why should we have to send drugs to Canada and then back here?

What actually happened is that during the Bush administration, the Republicans made it illegal for HMO or states to "bundle" drug orders the way countries can to drive down the cost. This was the entire base of the 1.3 trillion dollar drug give a way to the elderly for votes that Republicans passed through reconciliation.

This is why the future cost of this bill is between 5 and 7 trillion dollars.

This has been discussed ad nauseum on this board. Can anyone possibly still claim ignorance? How is it possible?

It's a shame really.

Johnson delayed it for Truman or Eisenhower if I am not mistaken... the Dems have put up all kinds of roadblocks in the past.

Tax breaks for outsourcing jobs? you say?? who signed NAFTA?? she asks?

NAFTA is about trade, Willow. Changes were made to the US Tax Code to allow multi-national corporations doing business in the US to benefit economically from shipping jobs overseas...but this is prolly fairly characterized as a two-party screw job.

um duh

And smaller less intrusive government at that. Deany is pissed that the people by and large are taking that stance and taking Obama and his Statist pals in the Congress to task for the damage they've caused...

...This government and the country they preside over belongs to US...and we are pissed at what it's become due to Statists as rdeany whom applaud the nanny-state.

:clap2:

I seem to hear that message whenever Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich or anyone else on the right speaks. They say the things they do because they "KNOW".

Only ignorant people would claim that only they are "Real Americans." Only ignorant people would claim that an entire group of people does so and are also against civil rights.

Then you admit the right is against equal rights for gays?

Who does the right talk about when they say, "We want OUR country back"?

Why is the right against American Muslims and their right to free speech?

Why do they discuss stripping Hispanics of their citizenship?

It's not like these things can be ignored.

Johnson delayed it for Truman or Eisenhower if I am not mistaken... the Dems have put up all kinds of roadblocks in the past.

After civil rights passed, conservatives left the Democratic party and swelled the ranks of the Republican Party. That's why the Republicans are so racist. The liberals left the Republican party and moved to the Democratic party.

That's just history. Today's Republicans want to take credit for what the Republicans in the past did when they were liberal.

It's a hoot. The only good thing they did was when conservatives were in the minority.

Very, very funny. in fact, it's hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Etc.

And which country is better than America? We are anxious to know.

22px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png
Ireland 8.333 2
20px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
Switzerland 8.068 3
22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
Norway 8.051 4
22px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png
Luxembourg 8.015 5
22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden 7.937 6
22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Australia 7.925 7
22px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png
Iceland 7.911 8
22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy 7.810 9
22px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png
Denmark 7.797 10
22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain 7.727 11
22px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
Singapore 7.719 12
22px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
Finland 7.618 13
22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States

Quality-of-life index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. 22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
    Norway 0.971 (▲ 1)
  2. 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
    Australia 0.970 (▲ 2)
  3. 22px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png
    Iceland 0.969 (▼ 2)
  4. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
    Canada 0.966 (▼ 1)
  5. 22px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png
    Ireland 0.965 (▬)
  6. 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
    Netherlands 0.964 (▬)
  7. 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
    Sweden 0.963 (▬)
  8. 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
    France 0.961 (▲ 3)
  9. 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
    Switzerland 0.960 (▲ 1)
  10. 22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
    Japan 0.960 (▼ 2)
  11. 22px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png
    Luxembourg 0.960 (▼ 2)
  12. 22px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
    Finland 0.959 (▬)
  13. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
    United States 0.956 (▲ 2)

Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rank Country Overall Change 1 Hong Kong 89.7 -0.3 2 Singapore 86.1 -1.0 3 Australia 82.6 0.0 4 New Zealand 82.1 0.1 5 Ireland 81.3 -0.9 6 Switzerland 81.1 1.7 7 Canada 80.4 -0.1 8 United States 78.0 -2.7

Index of Economic Freedom: Link Between Economic Opportunity and Prosperity | The Heritage Foundation

AND THAT ONE'S FROM HERITAGE! :eek:

Couldn't find a recent edition of the Human Freedom Index

um duh

It's a shame really.

none of the assholes trying to take credit for it today...

After civil rights passed, conservatives left the Democratic party and swelled the ranks of the Republican Party. That's why the Republicans are so racist. The liberals left the Republican party and moved to the Democratic party.

That's just history. Today's Republicans want to take credit for what the Republicans in the past did when they were liberal.

It's a hoot. The only good think they did was when conservatives were in the minority.

Very, very funny. in fact, it's hilarious.

Interesting but not very factual. True some jumped ship. But not in mass. Since democrats could no longer intimidate the populace through law enforcement they developed the dependency program. Now if you dont vote dem your free government check is cut off.
You cant deny democrats reemployed the lifetime welfare provision.

Still the racists they have always been.

You are every bit as ignorant as those you are manufacturing out of whole cloth.

Who has said anyone is against equal rights for gays?

Our Country means it's citizens, not the beltway elite. I'm tired of congress acting as if they're the only ones here.

Who has said Muslims don't have a right to speak freely?

Which Hispanics would be stripped of citizenship? By whom?

You, with your continuous bullshit, however, CAN be ignored....
:eusa_shhh:

Who has said anyone is against equal rights for gays?

Our Country means it's citizens, not the beltway elite. I'm tired of congress acting as if they're the only ones here.

Who has said Muslims don't have a right to speak freely?

Which Hispanics would be stripped of citizenship? By whom?

You, with your continuous bullshit, however, CAN be ignored....
:eusa_shhh:

He thinks he's being clever. :doubt:

Some...by no means all....right wingers enjoy wrapping themselves in the flag, spouting jingoistic slogans and feel they have a superior claim to the future of this nation. These folks usually object to a full and fair examination of any past bad acts on the grounds that not pretending the US is perfect and always has been (if only liberals would fuck off) is the way to go. We're never supposed to discuss the genocide of Native peoples, or the colonization of South America or the laying waste to Vietnam with Agent Orange, etc.

This is my nation, the place where I was born and raised. I'd fight to protect it, and I'd lend my family to that fight. I dislike having my patriotism questioned simply because it isn't my POV that the US is always right, the best country on Planet Earth, etc. We're human and we fuck it up just as often as anyone else.

article-0-0A9EE4D2000005DC-158_468x716.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmilf.

strategically implanted electrodes?

Forum List

Back