why does the right unquestionably trust big business?

What you're talking about are valid points but have nothing to do with how efficiently the bureaucracy is managed.

The fact is that only 75 to 80 cents of our 'health care dollars' paid in trust to our private health insurance bureaucracies goes toward paying claims and the government runs their bureaucracy at an efficiency of 95 to 98 cents per dollar collected benefiting the customers DIRECTLY. It's not rocket science.

One can claim that the private insurer bureaucracies are worth the difference (I would disagree), but one can not say the government is inefficient when compared to private bureaucracies doing exactly the same service. The numbers don't support the thesis.

Cute comparison that has been debunked because of measurement criteria.

You need something much better.

No I don't. It is an 'apples to apples' comparison of efficiency using very public numbers, nothing more.

Medicare.gov
The United States Social Security Administration
Yahoo! Finance - Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, News

Youre making me laugh dude.

http://www.naifa.org/advocacy/health/documents/Comparing_HealthCare_Admin_Costs.pdf

We simply trust our neighbors doing business more than the government. We aren't hurt if people make money. We are hurt if our liberties are taken away by power hungry politicians.

It's a matter of whether you trust the people or not.

Trust the people. Isn't 'the people' where the buck stops in government?

There is nothing wrong with 'big' business per se - some endeavors require a large company of humans working in a managed fashion toward a common goal to be productive. The problem with big business is that the economy of scale allows for massive corruption when corruption is allowed, and our political system is corrupt.

The answer is less complex rules for ALL business to operate under and utter transparency in political activity.

You want environmental regulation? Make the humans making the decisions while hiding behind corporate paper personally responsible if their company shits in the ocean or poisons a town.

I agree with you... that's why I believe in Democracy.

Even before in power

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618

Goldman Sachs was top Obama donor in 2008 election cycle

Back to the hopper for you, fool

Hey.. don't blame the recipient of the donation...Blame the system we have that forces Candidates to take those donations from self serving entities that will demand recompense for their "investment" to run a campaign.

Nope. Let the chips fall where they may. Prosecute where you find corruption. There are no excuses for corruption of Principle, especially where harm or damage result. Let's better learn to separate the Vertebrates or Invertebrates, for a starter. :D

Cute comparison that has been debunked because of measurement criteria.

You need something much better.

No I don't. It is an 'apples to apples' comparison of efficiency using very public numbers, nothing more.

Medicare.gov
The United States Social Security Administration
Yahoo! Finance - Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, News

Youre making me laugh dude.

http://www.naifa.org/advocacy/health/documents/Comparing_HealthCare_Admin_Costs.pdf

That's why I'm here.

When Business becomes part of a federal government that's is what is called fascism. I thought my conservatives brothers and sisters believed in smaller government that want to the states...

Then you must oppose Obama since he has made a lot of big corporations like Goldman Sachs, IAG, GM and Chrysler arms of the federal government.

Ok... I'll give you GM and Chrysler...he bailed them out. But they certainly aren't "arms of the federal government". That's Rush talking.

As far as the financial bailouts... they're all yours.. Thanks W....

Really??

According to voting results, 172 Democrats voted in favor of the First Bush Bailout bill while 62 opposed it; and 91 Republicans voted for it and 108 voted against it.

President Bush signs historic financial rescue plan into law - Oct. 3, 2008

Even before in power

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618

Goldman Sachs was top Obama donor in 2008 election cycle

Back to the hopper for you, fool

Hey.. don't blame the recipient of the donation...Blame the system we have that forces Candidates to take those donations from self serving entities that will demand recompense for their "investment" to run a campaign.

Nope. Let the chips fall where they may. Prosecute where you find corruption. There are no excuses for corruption of Principle, especially where harm or damage result. Let's better learn to separate the Vertebrates or Invertebrates, for a starter. :D

No, let's do it like the left does. Make sweeping generalizations.

When Business becomes part of a federal government that's is what is called fascism. I thought my conservatives brothers and sisters believed in smaller government that want to the states...

Then you must oppose Obama since he has made a lot of big corporations like Goldman Sachs, IAG, GM and Chrysler arms of the federal government.

Ok... I'll give you GM and Chrysler...he bailed them out. But they certainly aren't "arms of the federal government". That's Rush talking.

It's very clear that when you take money from the federal government, it calls the shots. Obama chose the CEO of GM. That alone indicates GM has become just another division of the government.

First off... we are a BETTER country than to "let people die" if they get sick and don't have insurance. We are a BETTER country than to revert to the Caveman days when it was survival of the fittest and might makes right.

Having the government pay for everything and "let people die" aren't the only two alternates. There's nothing "better" about shaking people down for money to give to others favored by the politicians. Since when has theft ever been "better?"

They love giving dudes in suits handjobs... what else can I say?

Really??

According to voting results, 172 Democrats voted in favor of the First Bush Bailout bill while 62 opposed it; and 91 Republicans voted for it and 108 voted against it.

President Bush signs historic financial rescue plan into law - Oct. 3, 2008

Guess you missed the first vote... you know... the one BEFORE all the high pressure scare tactics and Bush coming on TV telling the USA that the sky was falling and the HOUSE needed to vote yea on this or else the whole system would collapse? Then... and ONLY then was the bill passed.

Bullshit to both of you. You are like babes in the woods if you don't think all that money poured into the campaign coffers don't come with strings attached. Funny how you have no problem with getting Organized Labor's money out of the system, but balk at corporate dollars.... just goes to show you how fucking brainwashed y'all are.

I want ALL monetary influence out of politics. Let Politicians duke it out on the issues and vote for ALL of their Constituents.

As far as invertebrates vs. vertebrates, If a politician is afraid to forgo corporate and/or union influence and have publicly funded elections with a spending cap... then I would put them firmly into the "Invertebrate" column. Same with their supporters.

First off... we are a BETTER country than to "let people die" if they get sick and don't have insurance. We are a BETTER country than to revert to the Caveman days when it was survival of the fittest and might makes right.

Having the government pay for everything and "let people die" aren't the only two alternates. There's nothing "better" about shaking people down for money to give to others favored by the politicians. Since when has theft ever been "better?"

Sure they are... you see it right here on this board. There's no other compromise. As far as your theft thing? go move to another country if you don't like it. Call it the PRICE of being an American. That's the way I see it.

why does the right unquestionably trust big business?

Simple. We don't Despite you thinking we do. We are fully aware the Big Business exists to Make Money, and should never simply be trusted and not have any Kind of Over site at all.

What we do Trust Big Business, and any Business to do, is Create Wealth, and Generate Economic Activity and Jobs. Being Profit Driven is not all Bad. It is that Drive that Leads to Innovation of New Industries and Products, and it is that Drive that leads the Small Business employing 20 People to Grow into the Company Employing 1000 People.

Only the Most Partisan Hack people on the right, will not admit that American Capitalism has some rather Big Flaws. However there is no Denying what American Capitalism was able to Create. A Nation of 300 Million living one of the Highest Standards of Living on earth. A Nation where even most of the poor are Rich in comparison with the Rest of the worlds poor. A Drive to Innovate, and Create, and Grow that is unrivaled in the world.

We must strike the Proper Balance. Balance Between Preserving that System that has created so much Wealth, and the Clearly Needed Social Programs we must fund. We Must find a Way to keep America a Place people want to do Business, and can make a profit doing it.

Lastly, this Drive to hate the Rich. To set some Standard and say nobody needs more than this amount of Money. Is very Dangerous IMO. It is that Drive to be the Richest, to be that First guy with a Billion, 500 Billion. The Drive to get dirty rotten Filthy Stinking Rich that Drives Americas Economy. That Created our Amazing Wealth.

:clap2: Awesome post Mr. Main. Beautiful.

I can only add one thought: Education.

The one Clearly Needed Social Program with a history of actually getting kids off of welfare is education.
Education has the power to turn the little fuckers into taxpayers instead of welfare families.

Absolutely. However the Current System is Flawed as hell and tossing more and more Federal Dollars at it is not helping. We need A voucher Program. We need Competition, and we need an end to Tenure.

Bullshit to both of you. You are like babes in the woods if you don't think all that money poured into the campaign coffers don't come with strings attached. Funny how you have no problem with getting Organized Labor's money out of the system, but balk at corporate dollars.... just goes to show you how fucking brainwashed y'all are.

I want ALL monetary influence out of politics. Let Politicians duke it out on the issues and vote for ALL of their Constituents.

As far as invertebrates vs. vertebrates, If a politician is afraid to forgo corporate and/or union influence and have publicly funded elections with a spending cap... then I would put them firmly into the "Invertebrate" column. Same with their supporters.

I like the way you're thinking, but public funding with a cap won't work. Americans will revolt or find a work around if told they can't spend their own money attempting to influence the political process - it's the heart and essence of "free speech".

What will work is transparency - every campaign dollar accounted for and attributed to a human decision maker, and every political advertisement signed by the decision maker(s) involved in publishing it.

Only through transparency in the process can political corruption be thwarted.

A tax code that is fair through its simplicity would also eliminate a LOT of our current political corruption - there ain't no higher form of favoritism than a 'special' tax credit for an industry or business obtained via campaign money from a well paid 'special' interest group of lawyers and former federal employees.

What will work is transparency - every campaign dollar accounted for and attributed to a human decision maker, and every political advertisement signed by the decision maker(s) involved in publishing it.

Only through transparency in the process can political corruption be thwarted.

the process is transparent now

last year dems did nothing to their member violating it

Simple. We don't Despite you thinking we do. We are fully aware the Big Business exists to Make Money, and should never simply be trusted and not have any Kind of Over site at all.

What we do Trust Big Business, and any Business to do, is Create Wealth, and Generate Economic Activity and Jobs. Being Profit Driven is not all Bad. It is that Drive that Leads to Innovation of New Industries and Products, and it is that Drive that leads the Small Business employing 20 People to Grow into the Company Employing 1000 People.

Only the Most Partisan Hack people on the right, will not admit that American Capitalism has some rather Big Flaws. However there is no Denying what American Capitalism was able to Create. A Nation of 300 Million living one of the Highest Standards of Living on earth. A Nation where even most of the poor are Rich in comparison with the Rest of the worlds poor. A Drive to Innovate, and Create, and Grow that is unrivaled in the world.

We must strike the Proper Balance. Balance Between Preserving that System that has created so much Wealth, and the Clearly Needed Social Programs we must fund. We Must find a Way to keep America a Place people want to do Business, and can make a profit doing it.

Lastly, this Drive to hate the Rich. To set some Standard and say nobody needs more than this amount of Money. Is very Dangerous IMO. It is that Drive to be the Richest, to be that First guy with a Billion, 500 Billion. The Drive to get dirty rotten Filthy Stinking Rich that Drives Americas Economy. That Created our Amazing Wealth.

:clap2: Awesome post Mr. Main. Beautiful.

I can only add one thought: Education.

The one Clearly Needed Social Program with a history of actually getting kids off of welfare is education.
Education has the power to turn the little fuckers into taxpayers instead of welfare families.

Absolutely. However the Current System is Flawed as hell and tossing more and more Federal Dollars at it is not helping. We need A voucher Program. We need Competition, and we need an end to Tenure.

Good point - I never meant to imply that our current system of education was humming like a well oiled machine. My point was strictly in support of educating the masses, whether they can afford it or not.

It goes with out saying that the higher the overall quality of education, the less reliance our people will require on cash-assistance welfare.

Forum List

Back