why does the right unquestionably trust big business?

It goes with out saying that the higher the quality of education the less reliance our people will require on cash welfare.

we have high quality education now

not everyone in the herd is capable of availing themsleves

fact = some are faster, smarter and more successful

legislation and just one more .gov program wont change this

What will work is transparency - every campaign dollar accounted for and attributed to a human decision maker, and every political advertisement signed by the decision maker(s) involved in publishing it.

Only through transparency in the process can political corruption be thwarted.

the process is transparent now

last year dems did nothing to their member violating it

The process has NEVER been transparent, and with the recent Citizens United decision by the SC, the floodgates of anonymous political spending and advertising by people hiding behind corporate shells is about to be opened up on us. 2012 will be a profoundly different election, and not for good reasons.

Transparency is the key and our current leadership on both sides of the aisle don't even want us finding the damn door.

[
The process has NEVER been transparent, and with the recent Citizens United decision by the SC, the floodgates of anonymous political spending and advertising by people hiding behind corporate shells is about to be opened up on us. 2012 will be a profoundly different election, and not for good reasons.

you dont know what Citizens United v FEC is

how can the rest of your assertions be accurate ?

No, let's do it like the left does. Make sweeping generalizations.

Bullshit to both of you. You are like babes in the woods if you don't think all that money poured into the campaign coffers don't come with strings attached. Funny how you have no problem with getting Organized Labor's money out of the system, but balk at corporate dollars.... just goes to show you how fucking brainwashed y'all are.

I want ALL monetary influence out of politics. Let Politicians duke it out on the issues and vote for ALL of their Constituents.

As far as invertebrates vs. vertebrates, If a politician is afraid to forgo corporate and/or union influence and have publicly funded elections with a spending cap... then I would put them firmly into the "Invertebrate" column. Same with their supporters.

I like the way you're thinking, but public funding with a cap won't work. Americans will revolt or find a work around if told they can't spend their own money attempting to influence the political process - it's the heart and essence of "free speech".

What will work is transparency - every campaign dollar accounted for and attributed to a human decision maker, and every political advertisement signed by the decision maker(s) involved in publishing it.

Only through transparency in the process can political corruption be thwarted.

A tax code that is fair through its simplicity would also eliminate a LOT of our current political corruption - there ain't no higher form of favoritism than a 'special' tax credit for an industry or business obtained via campaign money from a well paid 'special' interest group of lawyers and former federal employees.

Yes... transparency will help a lot... However... there is a very simple workaround to the spending your own money to influence the political process thing.... a little checkbox that indicates which party you want your money to go to. Then you have a choice.

Personally, I'd like to see equal money going to all. I mean, I don't give a crap if a GOP or Tea Party Candidate gets part of my money. But I do understand that there are absolute haters out there that can't deal with the fact that there are other opinions and philosophies out there and hate the idea of Democracy... so a checkbox should satisfy that hatred.

We dont.

But....we know that most of us work for them. And without them, most of us would be unemployed. And we'd like to keep them HERE, instead of overseas. Especially if you lefties continue to demand the mass importation of foreign workers.

And we know crippling business would cripple jobs. And taking money from them, to give to the government, will not do anything but create a gov't middle man between corporate money and individual workers.

But dont worry....I dont expect much comprehension of that common sense answer from you. So my standard expectations for your response aren't that high.

The majority of American workers are employed in small business.

Why does the left unquestionably trust and rely on big government?

Because no matter how much the government sucks at it, it's easier then taking responsibility themselves.

same old bullshit... one line post, nothing to add... just repeating the same old hateful shit.... just because that's what his Pundits tell him to say.

The real purpose of education is to teach people critical thinking and support their sense of the curious. Right wingers think that hating science, government and education proves they are thinking for themselves and that an incurious nature proves independence. This is why they promote "leaders" who aren't "readers".

I get my paycheck from big business. Thanks to my manager for hiring. The job kinda sucks. Thats why they gotta pay me to show up. But they pay me. Otherwise, I'd be sleeping in a tent in some shitty park taking a crap on cop cars and listening to a pony tailed hippy dude go on and on about how good communism.

Instead, I just watched the Jets vs Broncos in high def, and live a nice life. Because I work for a company. Novel concept.

Wow. So the only thing separating you from a life of zero personal responsibility is the job you have now. Hope you don't lose it. No way you'd find another one - or, God forbid, start a business of your own. BIG business is all we should have, right? And we should all consider ourselves dependent on it. How did man ever get by without BIG business? Did he ever plow and plant a field on his own without BIG business having to tell him to do it for pay?

The BIG Business brown-nosers are pathetic. They are afraid of having to set out on their own - they like being dependent on a BIG business for their livelihood and wet their pants when thinking of the possibility of losing their job and starting there own small business.

One guy I know who is not a pussy is this dude who just set up on the corner of Esplanade and Claiborne one morning and started selling fruit to motorists at the stop light. Nothing fancy - just apples, oranges, and bananas, one each, in a bag. First dude has a couple boxes of fruit and no one is biting much. Next thing you know, a few short weeks later, he's got to have dozens of boxes to satisfy demand and he's even got an employee or two helping him out. Did he cure the common cold or invent the next great technological wonder? Nope, nothin' fancy, just providing an ordinary service that ordinary people who ran out the door without breakfast needed - simple food and an easy way to get it on the way to work. He's not rich and maybe not even a genius - but he doesn't work for big business.

I'm curious. What do you do to make your living? Other than occupy this message board and make fun of someone with an honest to god job.

Because no matter how much the government sucks at it, it's easier then taking responsibility themselves.

same old bullshit... one line post, nothing to add... just repeating the same old hateful shit.... just because that's what his Pundits tell him to say.

The real purpose of education is to teach people critical thinking and support their sense of the curious. Right wingers think that hating science, government and education proves they are thinking for themselves and that an incurious nature proves independence. This is why they promote "leaders" who aren't "readers".

Don't stand there an whine because I just farted, when you are wearing a underwear full of shit.

Why does the left unquestionably trust and rely on big government?

This is funny. Demonstrating your point? I always find the inability of liberals to see their own hypocrisy no matter how flagrant it is to be one of the most remarkable phenomena of the liberal religion.

Don't stand there an whine because I just farted, when you are wearing a underwear full of shit.

Really??? Why don't you tell me about lightbulbs and Freedom, "Critical thinking(as long as it only goes one way)", and how we are a bunch of leeches...

Then you'll feel better.

Again the liberal hypocrisy phenomena. You attack me when of the four bolded points I am one of them. In a post you attack me for lack of critical thinking and inability to read. you guys are funny, I like you...

Right Winger: I'm actually a libertarian and all my points were libertarian, in a post you attack me for not reading and lack of critical thinking

Hate Science: I'm not a social conservative, in a post you attack me for not reading and lack of critical thinking

Hate government: Bingo, I said I was one of the four

Hate education: I double majored in Math and Computer Science and have two masters degrees. One in computer science, one in business. My oldest daughter's at Duke, the younger one still in high school. You on the other hand probably support flushing money down the toilet of government education, don't you?

Last edited:

This is funny. Demonstrating your point? I always find the inability of liberals to see their own hypocrisy no matter how flagrant it is to be one of the most remarkable phenomena of the liberal religion.

Oh...I get it... when a progressive posts a one liner... it's a bullshit talking point. When a Conservative does the same... it's a quick witted insight.

yeah.... thanks for playing.

Oh...I get it... when a progressive posts a one liner... it's a bullshit talking point. When a Conservative does the same... it's a quick witted insight.

No, the difference is that you attacked one liners...in a one liner. I wasn't attacking you for a one liner, I was attacking you for....wait for it...HYPOCRISY. Again, you cannot grasp your own flagrant hypocrisy. It's not part of the liberal makeup.

Again the liberal hypocrisy phenomena. You attack me when of the four bolded points I am one of them. In a post you attack me for lack of critical thinking and inability to read. you guys are funny, I like you...

Right Winger: I'm actually a libertarian and all my points were libertarian, in a post you attack me for not reading and lack of critical thinking

Hate Science: I'm not a social conservative, in a post you attack me for not reading and lack of critical thinking

Hate government: Bingo, I said I was one of the four

Hate education: I double majored in Math and Computer Science and have two masters degrees. One in computer science, one in business. My oldest daughter's at Duke, the younger one still in high school. You on the other hand probably support flushing money down the toilet of government education, don't you?

I was making a statement, not an attack. Obviously, you saw something you identified with.

Really??? Why don't you tell me about lightbulbs and Freedom, "Critical thinking(as long as it only goes one way)", and how we are a bunch of leeches...

Then you'll feel better.

And when has rdean ever done any "Critical thinking" he's a boy toy and idiot tool of the DNC. So as I told him I am telling you

"Don't stand there an whine because I just farted, when you are wearing a underwear full of shit."

No, the difference is that you attacked one liners...in a one liner. I wasn't attacking you for a one liner, I was attacking you for....wait for it...HYPOCRISY. Again, you cannot grasp your own flagrant hypocrisy. It's not part of the liberal makeup.

Yep exactly to the point.

Maybe it was done on purpose... But I guess irony and satire escapes your double Master's degree mindset.

BTW... if you are so educated, why do you lump all progressives into "people who don't want to take responsibility for themselves"?

Obviously, your intellect would tell you that with an unemployment rate of 9%(16% or so, if you count the people who have given up), it's obvious that most of us ARE people with jobs.... perhaps even decent ones. People who pay their bills and their taxes without complaint. People who bust their humps, scrimp and save to send their kids to College so that they might have it a little easier than they did.

I know why...Because it's a hell of a lot easier to look yourself in the mirror to dehumanize your opposition, to think that they are all just people who don't want to work and want the government to take care of them.

Oh... and for many of you(not necessarily you in particular), you guys do it for every issue. People of Non-Christian faiths, Homosexuality, Abortion, Welfare, Health Care, Immigration, Economic Status, and yes... sometimes Race.

Then, to top it off...You act as though the Conservative philosophy is the morally upright one.

Now... I am not saying that there aren't scumbags on the Progressive side... there are. There are people who are exactly as your side portrays them... lazy fucks that want to live off of welfare. I will not deny that. There are also a fringe group of true Communists out there. I will own that too. But the vast majority of us are neither and personally, I get tired of the same old stupid attacks designed to detract from the real issues and prevent any kind of meaningful dialogue.

But hey... that's just me.

Forum List

Back