why does the right unquestionably trust big business?

We dont.

But....we know that most of us work for them. And without them, most of us would be unemployed. And we'd like to keep them HERE, instead of overseas. Especially if you lefties continue to demand the mass importation of foreign workers.

And we know crippling business would cripple jobs. And taking money from them, to give to the government, will not do anything but create a gov't middle man between corporate money and individual workers.

But dont worry....I dont expect much comprehension of that common sense answer from you. So my standard expectations for your response aren't that high.

Because if big business went away - all fields would lay fallow. We'd just sit around and do nothing.

No. We'd all do something to survive. And eventually, start up some sort of trading market. You know, butchers, farmers, blacksmiths, all trading their products and skills. Then....some would unite and form a "union" to share resources and services to become more efficient. Hell, maybe even give it a name, like "Bob and Johns Meat Mart". And "Jill's Veggie Shop". And to become even more efficient, maybe Bob, John and Jill join up with Rick the fisherman and Craig the armorer, and put all their services into a big building to be even more efficient, and call it "One Stop Shop".

If "One Stop Shop" went over welll with the locals, as a more efficient and reliable source of goods, then who knows, mabye go 100 miles east, share that model, and offer to help Anytown USA form the 2nd "One Stop Shop" for their town.

Wow. That sounds EVIL doesnt it? Next thing you know, PEOPLE all over the country will have formed their own buildings that specialize in something and we'd all be SLAVES to getting our goods and services from those people in buildings. Kinda like.........corporations, right?

Get a fucking job you loser hippies.

Sorry you lost me. I can't find the part where you justify unquestionably trusting big business.

We simply trust our neighbors doing business more than the government. We aren't hurt if people make money. We are hurt if our liberties are taken away by power hungry politicians.

It's a matter of whether you trust the people or not.

It says "We the People" in the document which forms the basis for our government.

That 'We the People' did not include women, Blacks or Indians, much less the Chinese etc, etc, etc.....

Try reading the amendments when you get a chance.

It says "We the People" in the document which forms the basis for our government.

Yeah. Which is why I trust the people and not the politicians to govern themselves.

Why should I be angry at my neighbor for running a successful business? Why should I give up my rights to the politicians so they can claim to go after my neighbor who has done nothing to me?

The People govern themselves through the politicians that they elect. Have you ever actually read the Constitution?

Who said you should be angry at your neighbor? What rights exactly are you being asked to give up?

The right to keep the % of my property/income that I am now if taxes are raised.
The right to not purchase health insurance from a private company.
The right to leave my body uninsured (thought lefties wanted the gov't to stay away from the right to do what we want with our bodies!?)
The right to not have the TSA see my body's nude outline.
The right to protect the integrity of our borders for armed foreign invaders, aka, drug cartels, who the Obama Admin just may have armed.

I can keep going.

Because if big business went away - all fields would lay fallow. We'd just sit around and do nothing.

No. We'd all do something to survive. And eventually, start up some sort of trading market. You know, butchers, farmers, blacksmiths, all trading their products and skills. Then....some would unite and form a "union" to share resources and services to become more efficient. Hell, maybe even give it a name, like "Bob and Johns Meat Mart". And "Jill's Veggie Shop". And to become even more efficient, maybe Bob, John and Jill join up with Rick the fisherman and Craig the armorer, and put all their services into a big building to be even more efficient, and call it "One Stop Shop".

If "One Stop Shop" went over welll with the locals, as a more efficient and reliable source of goods, then who knows, mabye go 100 miles east, share that model, and offer to help Anytown USA form the 2nd "One Stop Shop" for their town.

Wow. That sounds EVIL doesnt it? Next thing you know, PEOPLE all over the country will have formed their own buildings that specialize in something and we'd all be SLAVES to getting our goods and services from those people in buildings. Kinda like.........corporations, right?

Sorry you lost me. I can't find the part where you justify unquestionably trusting big business.

Dont apologize, it's ok. You're just a moron.

The reason is because we dont have much of a choice. They have a business. They pay employees to help them. They are free to do both. I want a job. From them. I apply. They own the place and sign the checks. I want a check. Hence, I must play by their rules. The Dept of Labor and OSHA ensure those rules are reasonable. They must pay me to show up, because hey, who likes work right? But I show up. They pay me. I use that pay to buy shit I like on my days off.

It's not that complicated. But I can promise you....sleeping in a tent and shitting on cop cars will NOT get anyone around the above reality in life. Someone else has money. You want it. They set the terms. Take it or leave it. Its that simple.

I get my paycheck from big business. Thanks to my manager for hiring. The job kinda sucks. Thats why they gotta pay me to show up. But they pay me. Otherwise, I'd be sleeping in a tent in some shitty park taking a crap on cop cars and listening to a pony tailed hippy dude go on and on about how good communism.

Instead, I just watched the Jets vs Broncos in high def, and live a nice life. Because I work for a company. Novel concept.

So you think that sitting on your couch in front of the television instead of being out doing something relevant is the way to live?

My couch and TV were bought because I get a paycheck for doing something relevent you dumbass.

What is it you do that is relevant?
See, in THIS world, you WORK for stuff. You get paid to show up to do a task you wouldnt show up to do UNLESS you got paid for it. Thats how it works.
In the world 50 years ago a far greater proportion of the population was paid by customers, not employers, and a far greater portion of employees worked in small and medium businesses where they were treated like family instead of cattle. And many of those remaining who worked for big business had unions to ensure they were treated more like family and less like cattle.

And I take that pay in exchange for my 40 hours of work, and go buy shit so I can sit in front of my TV and enjoy it.

See how that works?

Wow. So your entire life purpose is to do what your boss says so that you can sit in front of a television. That's PERFECT!!!!

Sure beats pissing in a tent in a park demanding someone else pay for my stuff doesnt it?
I guess those are the only two choices in life - pissing in a tent in a park, or working all week just so you can watch television. If that's the case, I think I'll just kill myself.

Last edited:

Dont apologize, it's ok. You're just a moron.

The reason is because we dont have much of a choice. They have a business. They pay employees to help them. They are free to do both. I want a job. From them. I apply. They own the place and sign the checks. I want a check. Hence, I must play by their rules. The Dept of Labor and OSHA ensure those rules are reasonable. They must pay me to show up, because hey, who likes work right? But I show up. They pay me. I use that pay to buy shit I like on my days off.

It's not that complicated. But I can promise you....sleeping in a tent and shitting on cop cars will NOT get anyone around the above reality in life. Someone else has money. You want it. They set the terms. Take it or leave it. Its that simple.

ME: I can't find the part where you justify unquestionably trusting big business.
YOU: The reason is because we dont have much of a choice.

Wow. What the fuck is wrong with you?

BTW - big business doesn't pay employees to "help" them - they pay employees to do the work for them. Without employees the owners of big business would starve to death. The "job" of a corporation shareholder is just to own.

Last edited:
I get my paycheck from big business. Thanks to my manager for hiring. The job kinda sucks. Thats why they gotta pay me to show up. But they pay me. Otherwise, I'd be sleeping in a tent in some shitty park taking a crap on cop cars and listening to a pony tailed hippy dude go on and on about how good communism.

Instead, I just watched the Jets vs Broncos in high def, and live a nice life. Because I work for a company. Novel concept.

So you think that sitting on your couch in front of the television instead of being out doing something relevant is the way to live?

Yup.After working all day and being compensated for it by the big evil corporations that the left hate it's good to lay around and watch a football game.

Instead of worshiping government and laying about and waiting around for a government check that working taxpayers have to provide I'd rather put some trust and effort to help my company prosper because I trust the owner of my company to do his best to survive in a tough Obama economy.In Obama government I trust not....:lol:

My couch and TV were bought because I get a paycheck for doing something relevent you dumbass.

In the world 50 years ago a far greater proportion of the population was paid by customers, not employers, and a far greater portion of employees worked in small and medium businesses where they were treated like family instead of cattle. And many of those remaining who worked for big business had unions to ensure they were treated more like family and less like cattle.

And I take that pay in exchange for my 40 hours of work, and go buy shit so I can sit in front of my TV and enjoy it.

See how that works?

Wow. So your entire life purpose is to do what your boss says so that you can sit in front of a television. That's PERFECT!!!!

Sure beats pissing in a tent in a park demanding someone else pay for my stuff doesnt it?
I guess those are the only two choices in life - pissing in a tent in a park, or working all week just so you can watch television. If that's the case, I think I'll just kill myself.

If you must know.......I retired on disability from a police dept (Atlanta area). But, that isnt nearly enough to get by, so I now work for a fitness industry company. It's OK work, but if they stopped paying me I wouldn't keep showing up.

Yes, 50 years ago the world was very different. It changed. Keep up or get left behind, because we 100% are not going back to that. You and I both know thats true. Globalism has set in, and large companies are the reality. Sucks, but we all know it's true.

No, my life purpose isn't to do that. But, my income depends on that. Yes, I, like 99% of Americans, have a boss. I do what he says, and in return, he pays me. Thats how "work" works.

So I can sit in front of a TV? Well, thats 1 of many things. There happened to be a great NFL game on today, and I enjoyed the shit out of it. I can list my hobbies if you're intrested, but yes, watching the NFL is one of them. Helping animals is another. Beats the hell out of going out to protest shit that I cant change.

Whats wrong with working "all week"? Most Americans work 40 hours a week doing something they dont particularly enjoy so they can enjoy some pleasures in their life. Is that so wrong? Whats your alternative?

I just bought a Boxer puppy for $600, since you're so intrested in me. Vet bills will be about $1000 for the first couple months if I treat him right. Dogs are a huge passion of mine. My job, paid by my boss, is partially what makes that possible.

See how life works now?

Yeah. Which is why I trust the people and not the politicians to govern themselves.

Why should I be angry at my neighbor for running a successful business? Why should I give up my rights to the politicians so they can claim to go after my neighbor who has done nothing to me?

The People govern themselves through the politicians that they elect. Have you ever actually read the Constitution?

Who said you should be angry at your neighbor? What rights exactly are you being asked to give up?

The right to keep the % of my property/income that I am now if taxes are raised.
I'm sorry, I'm having trouble finding the part of the Constitution where it says you have a right to not have your taxes raised. Can you point it out?

The right to not purchase health insurance from a private company.
can't find that one in the Constitution
The right to leave my body uninsured (thought lefties wanted the gov't to stay away from the right to do what we want with our bodies!?)
or that one
The right to not have the TSA see my body's nude outline.
Great. Now you have a point. Go protest at your nearest airport. While you're at it, what about your right to not have your body subjected to high frequency electromagnetic radiation by the TSA?
The right to protect the integrity of our borders for armed foreign invaders, aka, drug cartels, who the Obama Admin just may have armed.
Where does the Constitution grant you border patrol authority?
I can keep going.
By all means

Yup.After working all day and being compensated for it by the big evil corporations that the left hate it's good to lay around and watch a football game.

Instead of worshiping government and laying about and waiting around for a government check that working taxpayers have to provide I'd rather put some trust and effort to help my company prosper because I trust the owner of my company to do his best to survive in a tough Obama economy.In Obama government I trust not....:lol:

So you can either get a government check, or worship your boss?

Do you actually follow your company's financials closely - or is this more of a blind faith just because why not?

How many kids do you have?

BTW - big business doesn't pay employees to "help" them - they pay employees to do the work for them. Without employees the owners of big business would starve to death. The "job" of a corporation shareholder is just to own.

Good God man, what college professor brainwashed you?????

So, you think the founder/owner of Americas largest "evil" company Sam Walton (Wal Mart) never did any work?

If the employees are so much better, smarter, hard working than the owner, they can START THEIR OWN DAMN COMPANY like the owner did. And out-peform him. Eventually, they too will be rich.

Yes, businesses pay their employees to HELP them. Help them profit and succeed and survive. Owners MANAGE.

Your logic is basically like saying a NFL football coach doesnt do anything to win a game, ONLY the players do. Uh.......see how stupid that sounds? CEOs/Managers are the "coaches" of a company. Employees are the players. It's simple shit man.

Do you actually follow your company's financials closely - or is this more of a blind faith just because why not?

Who said "worship"? I just know the facts. He pays me. I perform a task for him so his company can profit.

Follow financials? Sure. If the company stops making good profits, well, I stop getting raises, or worse, stop being employed. If you feel you aren't being paid enough, well, for one you took the job. Second, bargain for more. If you do a great job for him, and are marketable and could work elsewhere (like the competition) then he'd be wise to retain you and pay you a bit more.

You need to learn however to get better at dealing with certain realities in life. Like: Your boss pays you, they have the power, it sucks, but probably not changing in our lifetimes, because once the employee has the power, the boss is no longer the boss. And you'll likely not be an employee much longer.

If you must know.......I retired on disability from a police dept (Atlanta area). But, that isnt nearly enough to get by, so I now work for a fitness industry company. It's OK work, but if they stopped paying me I wouldn't keep showing up.

Yes, 50 years ago the world was very different. It changed. Keep up or get left behind, because we 100% are not going back to that. You and I both know thats true. Globalism has set in, and large companies are the reality. Sucks, but we all know it's true.

No, my life purpose isn't to do that. But, my income depends on that. Yes, I, like 99% of Americans, have a boss. I do what he says, and in return, he pays me. Thats how "work" works.

So I can sit in front of a TV? Well, thats 1 of many things. There happened to be a great NFL game on today, and I enjoyed the shit out of it. I can list my hobbies if you're intrested, but yes, watching the NFL is one of them. Helping animals is another. Beats the hell out of going out to protest shit that I cant change.

Whats wrong with working "all week"? Most Americans work 40 hours a week doing something they dont particularly enjoy so they can enjoy some pleasures in their life. Is that so wrong? Whats your alternative?

I just bought a Boxer puppy for $600, since you're so intrested in me. Vet bills will be about $1000 for the first couple months if I treat him right. Dogs are a huge passion of mine. My job, paid by my boss, is partially what makes that possible.

See how life works now?

Who said there was anything wrong with working all week?

My point is that 50 years ago the middle class was stronger - there were more owners, the wealth was not concentrated so densely at the top. The direction this nation is headed is clear - eventually a few dozen people will own everything, and the millions of the rest of us will be entirely dependent on them for everything. Corporations merge all the time now - there are fewer and fewer owners of everything. Take media as an example. Practically all of it is now owned by a handful of massive corporations. Whereas in decades past media was owned by thousands of smaller outlets.

My grandpa owned his own service station. Just one. He was able to send my father and aunt to a private school, to college, and my father to law school. He bought it after the war and owned it all of his life. How many single gas station owners do you think exist now?

Last edited:

Who said "worship"? I just know the facts. He pays me. I perform a task for him so his company can profit.

Follow financials? Sure. If the company stops making good profits, well, I stop getting raises, or worse, stop being employed.

That's not what I meant. I meant, do you have an actual reason to believe the company will continue to succeed other than blind trust? The fact you are getting a paycheck isn't much of a reason - the employees of almost all failed companies get paid right up to the end.

You need to learn however to get better at dealing with certain realities in life. Like: Your boss pays you, they have the power, it sucks, but probably not changing in our lifetimes, because once the employee has the power, the boss is no longer the boss. And you'll likely not be an employee much longer.

Huh?

See how life works now?

Who said there was anything wrong with working all week?

My point is that 50 years ago the middle class was stronger - there were more owners, the wealth was not concentrated so densely at the top. The direction this nation is headed is clear - eventually a few dozen people will own everything, and the millions of the rest of us will be entirely dependent on them for everything. Corporations merge all the time now - there are fewer and fewer owners of everything. Take media as an example. Practically all of it is now owned by a handful of massive corporations. Whereas in decades past media was owned by thousands of smaller outlets.

Yep, you are accurate on that. Globalism kinda sucks. I agree. But is it going to reverse course? Only with some sort of epic war or violent movement that would send humanity into a very dark era.

Its just human nature to "merge". Its why tribes and gangs form. We by nature seek to gather into one bigger group for security (sorry, I was a sociology major). So if Company A and Company B think they can be more efficient as 1, they're gonna do it.

But just my personal feeling- I'd rather be an employee than owner. My mother owned 2 small businesses. Just too much stress and risk involved if things go all to shit. Ironic enough...she "merged" both hers with a bigger company who offered her a nice buyout. She spent it to payoff her home and set aside a nice chunk and opened dog sitting kennel with it.

But back on topic, yes, globalism has established a new reality that we all better learn to live within. We'll have to adapt to being employees I suppose, and find true meaning and enjoyment outside of work. Which I do now.

Follow financials? Sure. If the company stops making good profits, well, I stop getting raises, or worse, stop being employed.

That's not what I meant. I meant, do you have an actual reason to believe the company will continue to succeed other than blind trust? The fact you are getting a paycheck isn't much of a reason - the employees of almost all failed companies get paid right up to the end.

Huh?

You kinda have to trust it dont you? If you dont trust the stability of your employment, you gotta start looking elsewhere. Companies are businesses, not welfare camps. Your future is not their responsibility, it's yours. Sure, I keep up with news regarding the place I work for. If it looks bleak, I'll apply elsewhere.

In the new globalism reality, I think jobs will be more fluid and we'll change a lot more. The days of the welfare-like job, where you spend 40 years with one company and are basically guaranteed a paycheck and retirement are long gone. Personal responsibility is going to become a survival skill. In fact, imo, it already has. Some are just 10 years behind the curve.

Good God man, what college professor brainwashed you?????

So, you think the founder/owner of Americas largest "evil" company Sam Walton (Wal Mart) never did any work?
I said the job of a shareholder is to own. A shareholder who is paid to do work by the corporation is both shareholder and employee - and while his job as employee of the corporation, which is he separately compensated for,requires work - his job as shareholder is still merely to own. His corporate dividends are paid to him because he is owner.

If the employees are so much better, smarter, hard working than the owner, they can START THEIR OWN DAMN COMPANY like the owner did. And out-peform him. Eventually, they too will be rich.

No, they can't really do that any more. That's kinda the point.
Yes, businesses pay their employees to HELP them. Help them profit and succeed and survive. Owners MANAGE.
Managers manage. Owners pay managers to manage.

Your logic is basically like saying a NFL football coach doesnt do anything to win a game,[ONLY the players do. Uh.......see how stupid that sounds?
Yeah it sounds stupid because its a stupid analogy. You came up with it, don't bitch to me about it.
CEOs/Managers are the "coaches" of a company. Employees are the players. It's simple shit man.
Butt fucking Christ,
Do you even know the difference between shareholders and management?

I said the job of a shareholder is to own. A shareholder who is paid to do work by the corporation is both shareholder and employee - and while his job as employee of the corporation, which is he separately compensated for,requires work - his job as shareholder is still merely to own. His corporate dividends are paid to him because he is owner.

No, they can't really do that any more. That's kinda the point.

Managers manage. Owners pay managers to manage.

Yeah it sounds stupid because its a stupid analogy. You came up with it, don't bitch to me about it.
Butt fucking Christ,
Do you even know the difference between shareholders and management?

Ok dude. Then start buying some stocks. Then you too will "own" something and get paid just to "own". Tens of millions of people own stock ya know? (Hint, ScottTrade, it's simple)

You do know some managers hold shares right? Hell, in lots of companies, regular ass employees own stock, it's part of benefits.

So do you think Bill Gates does any work for Microsoft? Or just "own" it?

And do you know how many people "own" Wal-Mart?????

But oh no, I bet you, like many people, dont wanna invest and buy stock. You'd rather spend money on a damn iphone, green car, or trips to vegas or NYC. Then bitch in 20 years when "shareholders" own more than you own.

This stuff truly is so simple.

When Business becomes part of a federal government that's is what is called fascism. I thought my conservatives brothers and sisters believed in smaller government that want to the states...

Then you must oppose Obama since he has made a lot of big corporations like Goldman Sachs, IAG, GM and Chrysler arms of the federal government.

Forum List

Back