Why does the President have armed guards?

Thank you for confirming you didn't bother reading anything.

Nah; I just reject that anything you're yet advanced makes kids and schools safer much less is cheap to do.

Pick your best, and I'll prove to you you're wrong, with hard data.

Care to try me?

If you could do that, you would have already.

Nah; what's making it undoable as yet is you've failed to pick your favorite. Noodle it; even your pea brain might get around it.

I recognize that my child is more likely to be killed with her teachers gun, than shot by a crazed gunman.

If you're looking for opinions on school security, I'd like to change how we build schools, better exit doors, video security, better plans in schools for emergencies such as sandy hook, and I'd be ok with keeping a loaded gun in a secure location assessable to a select number of school staff.

I would fight any attempt to arm teachers, or add guards in my child's school. However if YOU wanted those things in your schools, I wouldnt care.

And how did you come to that conclusion? There is no evidence that your child is more likely to be killed with her teachers gun.

There are 1500 accidental gun deaths a year. There are not 1500 school shooting sprees every year.

For the sake of argument, let's say your numbers are correct. That doesn't prove your point. In fact, it doesn't even really address it.

Money.

That, and I don't think Americans are ready yet for a world like Somalia. We like to think we are governed best through law, as opposed to overt threats of violence and death.

Although you may welcome such a world.

It won't cost a cent to allow people to conceal carry.

Total horseshit.

Alright. Then explain why it would cost the government any money to allow people to carry a weapon on them if they choose.

And how did you come to that conclusion? There is no evidence that your child is more likely to be killed with her teachers gun.

There are 1500 accidental gun deaths a year. There are not 1500 school shooting sprees every year.

For the sake of argument, let's say your numbers are correct. That doesn't prove your point. In fact, it doesn't even really address it.

It means that if there's a gun in the room, the 1500 accidental number comes into account and increases the odds of dying. No gun does essentially nothing to the odds. God damn, math bro....math.

It seems to me that if there are people who think having guards for our children is a crazy and nutty idea, than logically, having them for the President would be moreso. After all, our children are more valuable than the President.

Yet, there are countless people acting as though it's just insane to think about arming security to protect our schools. I mean I can see being against it. But just claiming it's insane without making effort to actually address the idea intellectually lazy to me.

then

Not logically at all.

Using up intellect to address a question framed as you have framed this one is a waste. You don't deserve the effort.

So you're saying the President needs armed guards to defend himself from people and organizations who aren't going to hurt him physically, but our arming security guards in schools is just nuts despite the fact that there are people targetting them frequently.

The secret services has been protecting American presidents since the 19th century. This really isn't something the Obama adminstration came up with.

:bang3::bang3::bang3:

well when you make a stupid thread, its going to be full of stupid answers.

I haven't gotten involved much in the gun debate because I don't care, but I will say this...

Obama's daughters attend a heavily armed school, for obvious reasons of course. But it definitely begs the question of why shouldn't any other school be armed.

No, it does not definitely beg that question. Think harder about it.

My child is not at the same risk level as the presidents children, but I think you know that.

And Michael Moore?

I bet he recieves a hell of a lot more death threats every year than I do.

And Bill Clinton? He wasn't putting armed guards in his kid's school (already there). He put armed guards in PUBLIC schools.

All I'm saying is old Bill disagrees with you that a firearm on school grounds is more dangerous than the treat of violence.

It means that if there's a gun in the room, the 1500 accidental number comes into account and increases the odds of dying. No gun does essentially nothing to the odds. God damn, math bro....math.

The figure is absolutely miniscule. I did do the math.

It won't cost a cent to allow people to conceal carry.

Total horseshit.

Alright. Then explain why it would cost the government any money to allow people to carry a weapon on them if they choose.

Because, the min. you decide teachers ought to be allowed to carry guns to protect kids, you've made them something more than a private citizen with a CC. The idea that the state can permit staff to carry loaded guns and it won't cost anything is nonsense.

Using up intellect to address a question framed as you have framed this one is a waste. You don't deserve the effort.

And yet, you did anyway.

And you end up proving my point in doing so. Rather than address issues, you would prefer to use pejoratives to avoid actually thinking.

Because he like all of us should be permitted to protect ourselves with whatever means we desire. Any weapons a president has to protect himself so should the citizenry be able to purchase.

Forum List

Back