Why does the President have armed guards?

Obviously because his life and the lives of his family are worth far more than the taxpayers who foot the bill.

It seems to me that if there are people who think having guards for our children is a crazy and nutty idea, than logically, having them for the President would be moreso. After all, our children are more valuable than the President.

Yet, there are countless people acting as though it's just insane to think about arming security to protect our schools. I mean I can see being against it. But just claiming it's insane without making effort to actually address the idea intellectually lazy to me.

How long do you herbs with no lives need to beat on the gun issue. Jesus fuck, can we let it live in one thread or does everyone need their widdle attention?

I haven't gotten involved much in the gun debate because I don't care, but I will say this...

Obama's daughters attend a heavily armed school, for obvious reasons of course. But it definitely begs the question of why shouldn't any other school be armed.

How long do you herbs with no lives need to beat on the gun issue. Jesus fuck, can we let it live in one thread or does everyone need their widdle attention?

When you and your friends stop making ridiculous arguments to limit the rights of your fellow citizens.

When you and your friends stop making ridiculous arguments to limit the rights of your fellow citizens.

False, a simple search of my recent threads would tell you that you're exactly wrong. As usual. I'm anti gun control.

If the people in the state want to pay for the cost to have armed guards in their public schools, then do it. However since states have been so strapped they have cut emergency services, I doubt many states will have enough money for armed guards.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ubDWAk8P8]GT The Onlooker - YouTube[/ame]

It seems to me that if there are people who think having guards for our children is a crazy and nutty idea, than logically, having them for the President would be moreso. After all, our children are more valuable than the President.

Yet, there are countless people acting as though it's just insane to think about arming security to protect our schools. I mean I can see being against it. But just claiming it's insane without making effort to actually address the idea intellectually lazy to me.

Our children are more important than the president but not more important than the ability to buy any weapon you please. An interesting approach there.

But let us look at it. In my state there are 2,186 schools. I would say a conservative salary estimate for a police officer or qualified armed security officer would be about $100,000 per year (you have to add in benefits, remember). It is pointless to just have someone there unless you just want to get to the bloodbath earlier. You have to stop them at the door. Let us say an average of 6 entry points per school, so that comes to $600,000 per year per school. A total annual budget of $1,311,600,000. Of course, just the cops won't be enough unless you also want pat downs. So we will have to have everyone go through metal detectors as welll. Toss that bill into the mix as well.

Sounds like a tax increase to me.

Just wondering:)

Bigots, crazies, teabaggers, glenn beck, fox news...

A 400% increase on threat to POTUS since Obama took office due to all of the above.

So you're saying the President needs armed guards to defend himself from people and organizations who aren't going to hurt him physically, but our arming security guards in schools is just nuts despite the fact that there are people targetting them frequently.

Forum List

Back