Why does the 1% bitch about the 99% using what they pay for?

be that as it may Syrenn... why should the 1% get that preferential treatment?

They shouldn't...any more then the ones who don't pay jack shit get preferential treatment. The 1% should pay up just as the ones how suck up the funds pay for it.

So the ones who receive help really dont have anything to complain about as far as i am concerned...they are getting something for nothing. The problem is they want MORE something for nothing....

If you pay in one penny....you have every right to complain.

Good.. then what's your problem with me complaining?

EDIT: anyone who works has a right to complain then.... even if they get it all back in a refund... the Government collected interest on that money all year long... which would obviously be more than a penny.

You obviously haven't checked interst rates lately! :lol:

2% of nothing is nothing!

35% is no indication that they paid anything near in taxes what the 99% shell out.

35% does not represent dollars or sense.

Sure it is. 1% paid more than one third of all income taxes.

The other 99% paid less than two thirds.

I think what syrenn is telling you is that if you factor out all those who don't pay or who may such a miniscule amount as to be almost nothing, the number would not be 99%.

I, alone, pay enough taxes each year to support a family of 4 well above the poverty line. So, what would that family's tax rate be?

We need a dollars and cents number. Because the 1% often do not pay taxes on all their income depending how many shelters or deductions come their way.

Let's not forget the 99% pay in to their Social Service benefits so why not bring that money home from time to time?

Last edited:
How about the tax code that gives preferential treatment to pre-existing wealth?

A surgeon who makes $400k/year gets taxed at 35%. A Trust fund baby who doesn't work at all, but collects the same amount in interest and dividends gets taxed at 15%.

Paying 15%....is 15% more then paying 0% now isnt it?

It's still preferential treatment towards the wealthy.

That sounds like you are an advocate for a flat tax. As in, everybody pays the exact same rate.
I could go for that, let's set the tax rate at 10% for everybody for all income. No exemptions, no write offs, no minimum income before that 10% kicks in.

How about the tax code that gives preferential treatment to pre-existing wealth?

A surgeon who makes $400k/year gets taxed at 35%. A Trust fund baby who doesn't work at all, but collects the same amount in interest and dividends gets taxed at 15%.

Again... 15% is still paying more then 0%. That is simple math.

In my opinion, the ones getting preferential treatment are the ones paying nothing....0%... but except to receive something for that big fat nothing.

That sounds like you are an advocate for a flat tax. As in, everybody pays the exact same rate.
I could go for that, let's set the tax rate at 10% for everybody for all income. No exemptions, no write offs, no minimum income before that 10% kicks in.

That works for me too. Flat tax everyone. No exemptions at all.

I think what syrenn is telling you is that if you factor out all those who don't pay or who may such a miniscule amount as to be almost nothing, the number would not be 99%.

I, alone, pay enough taxes each year to support a family of 4 well above the poverty line. So, what would that family's tax rate be?

We need a dollars and cents number. Because the 1% often do not pay taxes on all their income depending how many shelters or deductions come their way.

Let's not forget the 99% pay in to their Social Service benefits so why not bring that money home from time to time?

What about the upper middle class men and women who have paid into their Social Service benefits their entire working lives then die before being eligible to bring any of it home. That benefit basically escheats to the state. They gets nothing, the state gets it all. And likely someone who didn't pay near as much.

Last edited:

They shouldn't...any more then the ones who don't pay jack shit get preferential treatment. The 1% should pay up just as the ones how suck up the funds pay for it.

So the ones who receive help really dont have anything to complain about as far as i am concerned...they are getting something for nothing. The problem is they want MORE something for nothing....

If you pay in one penny....you have every right to complain.

EDIT: anyone who works has a right to complain then.... even if they get it all back in a refund... the Government collected interest on that money all year long... which would obviously be more than a penny.

2% of $1 is $.02 that could have been theirs but is now the governments....hence, they paid in.

2% of $1 is $.02 that could have been theirs but is now the governments....hence, they paid in.

You are wrong. 2% of $1 for 1 year is 8 cents. According to the amortization calculator. Maybe they could buy 8 of those 1 cent books off Amazon and get some education. But you would still have to pay $78 for their Prime membership so they wouldn't have to pay shipping! :D

You are wrong. 2% of $1 for 1 year is 8 cents. According to the amortization calculator. Maybe they could buy 8 of those 1 cent books off Amazon and get some education. But you would still have to pay $78 for their Prime membership so they wouldn't have to pay shipping! :D

yeah...but paying up 8 cents. That is still more then not paying in one red cent. And trust me... they would bitch about having to pay the 8 cents too!

yeah...but paying up 8 cents. That is still more then not paying in one red cent. And trust me... they would bitch about having to pay the 8 cents too!

There is an underground economy and a lot of bartering in the lower classes. You are supposed to pay tax on what you barter for, but of course, you and I know they do not!

How much did they pay?

Over 35% of all Federal Income taxes.

35% is no indication that they paid anything near in taxes what the 99% shell out.

I'm left with my jaw hanging over this one. ANY clue how stupid you sound? This is so far gone there is no point in anyone with any critical thinking skills trying to discuss this with you. Yeah honey, what they mean when they say the top 1% pay 35% of all federal income taxes all by themselves -is it is really gummy bears, not money.

When the bottom 50% of all income earners pay zero federal income taxes, it means someone is picking up THEIR SHARE. It's those at the top who do that. This is NOT the Soviet Union where we all exist as fungible state owned property. It is government OF the people, BY the people and FOR the people. Except that isn't true when only SOME of the people are footing the tab. Our government exists nearly entirely based on revenue from INCOME TAXES. Not hidden fees and surcharges where its really people at the bottom footing the bill. They aren't. EVERYONE should have a stake in our government even if it's just a couple of bucks. Otherwise why would anyone care if government wastes billions and billions of dollars if it was never THEIR money being wasted and instead are being bred to be parasites who think they have an inherent right to lay claim to what others have worked and busted their asses to earn. And why should anyone believe the opinion of someone who pays nothing is valid with regard to how much anyone else should be taxed when it isn't their money at stake and instead they have been promised a bigger cut of what others have busted their asses to earn? The left NEVER bothers to mention this but the average work week of that top 10% is 70 hours. The rest of us made another decision about how hard we wanted to work though -but some among us feel free to insist those who work harder and longer than us should be denied the benefit of doing so -and just have it confiscated from them instead. Like THEY aren't the equal of the rest of us, right? When WE work, of course it's OUR money -but when THEY work, it's still OUR money and not theirs? THAT is actually the underlying premise of liberalism and the ones they target as enemies are the successful, people who made better decisions, the ambitious, the innovative -anyone who doesn't suck at life like them. If they are successful, then it must be OUR money -not theirs. It isn't FAIR if those who busted their asses to earn it actually benefit from it! And the left insists the real way to make life fair is with policies that in reality make life far more unfair and for a lot more people. The left would rather see more people suffer "equally" at the bottom than have as few as possible at the bottom -and that means destroying those at the top and bleeding them dry. (And then throw violent temper tantrums like the Greeks once they are bled dry, of course.) The left ALWAYS targets FELLOW CITIZENS as "enemies" insisting they have a right to use the force and power of government to go after them. And there is no satisfying their blood lust once they have claimed some group of fellow citizens as the "enemy". When you pervert the system to one where the parasites decide how much to bleed their hosts, it becomes a tyranny. And no surprise that tyranny is always leftwing extremism. IT IS WHAT THEY INEVITABLY DO. I am not ever impressed by hearing some leftwing kook defend their love affair with tyranny and massive, powerful government. Go live in Cuba if you think it's so wonderful -where you, too can enjoy an average monthly income of $15 that the ruling elite in government have decided is all they should be allowed to keep from the fruits of their labor -as the state owned slaves they are. But of course the ruling elite is filthy rich -they are always the only ones who flourish under leftwing extremism.

We don't tax someone's wealth in this country -we tax the fruits of someone's labor only. And since this isn't the Soviet Union and we aren't all state owned slaves where government owns the fruits of our labor and then decides how much it let us keep -that money belongs FIRST to the person who earned it. And since this is government by, of and for the people -WE decide how much we CHOOSE to give to the support of government. NOT the other way around. The difference between a free people and an enslaved one. And sadly a lot of liberals would gladly sell off not only their own freedom for whatever cheap bauble is dangled in front of them, but would not hesitate to sell off my freedom and that of my children and grandchildren.

Last edited:
Over 35% of all Federal Income taxes.

I'm left with my jaw hanging over this one. ANY clue how stupid you sound? Th so far gone there is no point in anyone with any critical thinking skills trying to discuss this with you. Yeah honey, what they mean when they say the top 1% pay 35% of all federal income taxes all by themselves -is it is really gummy bears, not money.

Seems to me that if the 1% pay 35% and 50% pay nothing(as you guys repeatedly vomit), then that means that 49% of the people pay 65%.....and most of that 49% know that if the 1% keeps getting their way.... they will probably drop into that "other" 50% quite easily.... while the 1% could pay 50% of the taxes and not really be affected at all.

Since we don't tax wealth, how is it preferential treatment?

Interest is taxed at your income tax rate.

1% paid more than one third of all income taxes. The other 49% who actually pay taxes, pay less than two thirds.

Better?

Here are the top marginal rates according to income. The first % is income, the second % is Investment income. You're wrong. They penalize working and reward wealth.

< $16,750 10% 0%
$16,750 - $68,000 15% 0%
$68,000 - $137,300 25% 15%
$137,300 - $209,250 28% 15%
$209,250 - $373,650 33% 15%
> $373,650 35% 15%

Here you go.

The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

No. 2% a year for one year is 2 cents, not 8 cents.

Here are the top marginal rates according to income. The first % is income, the second % is Investment income. You're wrong. They penalize working and reward wealth.

< $16,750 10% 0%
$16,750 - $68,000 15% 0%
> $373,650 35% 15%

Interest is taxed at the same rate as ordinary income.

< $16,750 10% 0%
$16,750 - $68,000 15% 0%
> $373,650 35% 15%

So... you're saying the table that I provided is a lie?

effective_federal_tax_rates_by_income.jpg

guess that's a lie too.

< $16,750 10% 0%
$16,750 - $68,000 15% 0%
> $373,650 35% 15%

So... you're saying the table that I provided is a lie?

effective_federal_tax_rates_by_income.jpg

guess that's a lie too.

I'm pretty sure nobody said that.
You, on the other hand, are attempting to pretend a statement (made by you) is a question when in fact it is merely a misleading accusation. We aren't falling for it.

Forum List

Back