Why does someone want an AR-15

I understand wanting guns for hunting or protection.
I know enough about guns that an AR-15 is not the best gun for hunting or protection.

Why is The AR-15 not good for protection? If it is good for offense why would it not be good for defense?

I know enough about guns that an AR-15 is not the best gun for hunting or protection.
An AR 15 is actually excellent for hunting small prey.

Otherwise they’re among the most accurate semi-auto target rifles.

They’re modular, versatile, and can be modified easily to accommodate the owner’s preferences.

Complete uppers in various chamberings are available affording owners the ability to use different cartridges absent the expense of purchasing a complete new rifle.

Why is The AR-15 not good for protection? If it is good for offense why would it not be good for defense?

ElmerMudd knows jack-shit about guns.

I think of Joe Biden telling US that a single shot sporting rifle is sufficient for protection. Ask him or any of these liberal elites who are protected by firearms via proxy if they want to be limited to single shot sport firearms. They will shit themselves at the notion.

screen-shot-2014-04-16-at-11-44-45-am.png
The same as back in Rosa Parks day Democrats are telling us we don't have a right.

I DON'T WANT ONE. They jam too easy and fire too small a round. I prefer stuff with a lot more destructive firepower.

I've put thousands of rounds through my AR and it has never jammed.

I appreciate your answer. It sounds like a reasonable use for the gun. I personally feel the negatives out weigh the positives.
But again, I appreciate a sincere answer.

I appreciate a poster asking a honest question...not every guy grew up or has stayed around firearms. The way we answer questions like yours will determine if we can bring you over to our side of the issue. Although the 5.56 round isn't as heavy as an AK, the bullet tumbles when it hits a body and does intense organ damage. It hits hard enough to bring down a deer or a feral hog. You also have no idea what you might run into out in the woods from other humans or feral dogs. A pump shotgun is a better home defense weapon unless your home is being invaded by multiple attackers (gang).

Last edited:
I appreciate your answer. It sounds like a reasonable use for the gun. I personally feel the negatives out weigh the positives.
But again, I appreciate a sincere answer.

I appreciate a poster asking a honest question...not every guy grew up or has stayed around firearms. The way we answer questions like yours will determine if we can bring you over to our side of the issue. Although the 5.56 round isn't as heavy as an AK, the bullet tumbles when it hits a body and does intense organ damage. It hits hard enough to bring down a deer or a feral hog. You also have no idea what you might run into out in the woods from other humans or feral dogs. A pump shotgun is a better home defense weapon unless your home is being invaded by multiple attackers (gang).

Hokay, AR-15 vs some Savage or Browning 30-.06 @ 400 yards, which weapon would you pick?

(You're a tard if you pick the AR)

Hokay, AR-15 vs some Savage or Browning 30-.06 @ 400 yards, which weapon would you pick?

You're a tard for asking such a stupid fucking question. In the mountains you need a rifle with range like a .270, but in the swamps of central Michigan a brush gun like a 30.30 is a better choice. The AR isn't worthy of either situation...."hokay"?

Tell me how what I said is untrue.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me which school shooter used an automatic rifle.
I look at semi-automatic weapons nothing more than a civilians automatic weapon.
An AR-15 can shoot up to 800 rounds a minute. You can call it what you want.

I know what I call it. I call it bullshit.

In order to shoot 800 rounds a minute, you would have to pull the trigger 13 times per second. Think you can do that?

How you look at things has no real bearing on the facts. You keep talking about the AR like it is a machinegun, when it is certainly not.
I think anyone could do at least 300 to 400 rounds per minute. That is crazy. Even if it is 100 rounds a minute.
What the hell does anyone need that for unless you are doing a mass killing.

You don't think shit, fuck off, tard.
You have a way with words Marion, I am sure you let your guns do your talking because yor are articulate as a buzzard's turd.

You're a tard for asking such a stupid fucking question. In the mountains you need a rifle with range like a .270, but in the swamps of central Michigan a brush gun like a 30.30 is a better choice. The AR isn't worthy of either situation...."hokay"?

I'm still waiting for you to tell me which school shooter used an automatic rifle.
I look at semi-automatic weapons nothing more than a civilians automatic weapon.
An AR-15 can shoot up to 800 rounds a minute. You can call it what you want.

I know what I call it. I call it bullshit.

In order to shoot 800 rounds a minute, you would have to pull the trigger 13 times per second. Think you can do that?

How you look at things has no real bearing on the facts. You keep talking about the AR like it is a machinegun, when it is certainly not.
I think anyone could do at least 300 to 400 rounds per minute. That is crazy. Even if it is 100 rounds a minute.
What the hell does anyone need that for unless you are doing a mass killing.

You don't think shit, fuck off, tard.
You have a way with words Marion, I am sure you let your guns do your talking because yor are articulate as a buzzard's turd.

Allow me to inform you about all the fucks I give.

None.

No civilian available rifle can fire anywhere near what this lying douche punk says. That airhead oldlady was saying the same bullshit the other day. It's not possible.
Thank goodness idiots like miketx do not understand how to use an AR-15 in it's deadliest fashion.

No civilian available rifle can fire anywhere near what this lying douche punk says. That airhead oldlady was saying the same bullshit the other day. It's not possible.
Thank goodness idiots like miketx do not understand how to use an AR-15 in it's deadliest fashion.

yeah, miketx is probably not a mass killer in the making, but you're still a faggot.

Forum List

Back