Why does God hide himself?

I think that you are quite a long way down the road to finding out.
How so? Only in death will you know, if you can even know. Otherwise it is guesswork/wishful thinking.

I disagree. You demonstrate having an open mind and humility foundational to life.

Whoever told you that no one can know till after physical death introduced into your mind like malware a false teaching that blinds you to the openly expressed teaching that the very purpose for God communicating with people through messengers was that they would come to know he who truly is God while they are still alive.
Who told you that? What I said is truthful, you only have beliefs. The same god gives everyone a different answer? That makes no sense. You'd have to believe only you have accurately received god's message.

It has never been a secret that the torah means instruction, not history. Knowing this try to find and learn what the stories are actually about, what is being taught through fantastical stories of supernatural events with mythological creatures ascending and descending between opposing realms of being. If you cannot grasp what bronze age people were teaching each other about the harsh realities of life in this world, how do you expect to even know where to look for evidence of God or proof of the truth in the teaching?

If you look and look and keep on looking you will find it.

I can't do it for you. Trying to punch holes in what I say isn't going to make you feel any better for being lazy.

When you begin to discern the hidden teaching of the law, the wisdom of God will come into view. Once the wisdom of God is revealed to you then you will then see the invisible hand of the almighty actively involved in the smallest details of daily life from which no man, rich or poor, sinner or saint, Jew or Gentile, can escape in this world or the next for either good or evil.

If you want to increase your ability to perceive and understand reality as it is, you must first cleanse your mind from all that is false, all that causes your mind to stumble in thought and perception.

If you really want to see God just do it.
LOL. Typical religious tripe!

I can only see clearly if I suspend rational thought an accept a religious text as fact. You are brainwashed. It always amuses me when people proselytize their faith from the mountain tops while claiming they do not have any faith. That's not only hypocritical it's outright stupid. Do you believe in a faith or not? You don't even know!

No, I do not believe in any faith. I am not a religious person.

What you have to accept as fact is that the stories written were written to educate children.

Does a person have to accept any fairy tale as fact to understand the message conveyed through metaphor and allegory?

hypocritical and stupid?

Are you having a bad day?

What is God like? The scripture gives some interesting clues. In Rev.4:2-11. John was transformed into the spirit world of God ; he actually sees God siting on a throne. So from this we know God has a throne and he " Sits on it", which implies that God may have legs and a torso of some kind. We don't know, but its implied. John then said to look at God is like looking at shinning stones; which implies that God's general appearance is bright like the Sun.

John then said he saw a rainbow that surrounded the throne room of God. He said there were 24 other throne seats that had what he said were " Elders" sitting on them. He said he heard thundering sounds like lightning that proceeded out from the throne. He said a " Sea like glass" was before the throne. And Great Beasts and beings were on the throne as well. This is a stunning peak at God, who himself must be an awesome incredible being!

No. Nobody else has seen anything like this.
The problem with anything written in "Hebrews" or "Revelation" in the New Testament is that Eusebius tells us these two books/scrolls are counterfeit.
Science tells us that the rest of the book is bullshit as well.

Do you reject the story of the three pigs because it is a scientific fact that pigs can't talk or build houses?

sheesh. some people are really dense..

Thats a scientific fact.

Why would God hide himself?

Why would you hide yourself , if you did?

Well , so that I could not be found.

Hello.
Scripture clearly teaches that if you do what is right, you are accepted. If what you do or what you fail to do is offensive to God who is holy, his face will be hidden from you and sin will knock you unconscious like a dope fiend with a baseball bat lurking behind your door.

So, is God really hiding or are you just blind?

Do you not see him because he doesn't want to be seen or have you defiled and contaminated your mind, your only means of perception?
How smug and condescending. If someone doesn't embrace your religious beliefs they have polluted their minds. What an asshole. I want nothing to do with the putrid god you worship.

No, the defiled and contaminated state of your own mind has nothing whatever to do believing or disbelieving anything I say, asshole.

You've been this way for decades.

What is God like? The scripture gives some interesting clues. In Rev.4:2-11. John was transformed into the spirit world of God ; he actually sees God siting on a throne. So from this we know God has a throne and he " Sits on it", which implies that God may have legs and a torso of some kind. We don't know, but its implied. John then said to look at God is like looking at shinning stones; which implies that God's general appearance is bright like the Sun.

John then said he saw a rainbow that surrounded the throne room of God. He said there were 24 other throne seats that had what he said were " Elders" sitting on them. He said he heard thundering sounds like lightning that proceeded out from the throne. He said a " Sea like glass" was before the throne. And Great Beasts and beings were on the throne as well. This is a stunning peak at God, who himself must be an awesome incredible being!

The problem with anything written in "Hebrews" or "Revelation" in the New Testament is that Eusebius tells us these two books/scrolls are counterfeit.

Do you reject the story of the three pigs because it is a scientific fact that pigs can't talk or build houses?

Thats a scientific fact.
Why do you always say something stupid? :dunno:

Thats a scientific fact.

Ask a scientist

How so? Only in death will you know, if you can even know. Otherwise it is guesswork/wishful thinking.

I disagree. You demonstrate having an open mind and humility foundational to life.

Whoever told you that no one can know till after physical death introduced into your mind like malware a false teaching that blinds you to the openly expressed teaching that the very purpose for God communicating with people through messengers was that they would come to know he who truly is God while they are still alive.
Who told you that? What I said is truthful, you only have beliefs. The same god gives everyone a different answer? That makes no sense. You'd have to believe only you have accurately received god's message.

It has never been a secret that the torah means instruction, not history. Knowing this try to find and learn what the stories are actually about, what is being taught through fantastical stories of supernatural events with mythological creatures ascending and descending between opposing realms of being. If you cannot grasp what bronze age people were teaching each other about the harsh realities of life in this world, how do you expect to even know where to look for evidence of God or proof of the truth in the teaching?

If you look and look and keep on looking you will find it.

I can't do it for you. Trying to punch holes in what I say isn't going to make you feel any better for being lazy.

When you begin to discern the hidden teaching of the law, the wisdom of God will come into view. Once the wisdom of God is revealed to you then you will then see the invisible hand of the almighty actively involved in the smallest details of daily life from which no man, rich or poor, sinner or saint, Jew or Gentile, can escape in this world or the next for either good or evil.

If you want to increase your ability to perceive and understand reality as it is, you must first cleanse your mind from all that is false, all that causes your mind to stumble in thought and perception.

If you really want to see God just do it.
LOL. Typical religious tripe!

I can only see clearly if I suspend rational thought an accept a religious text as fact. You are brainwashed. It always amuses me when people proselytize their faith from the mountain tops while claiming they do not have any faith. That's not only hypocritical it's outright stupid. Do you believe in a faith or not? You don't even know!

No, I do not believe in any faith. I am not a religious person.

What you have to accept as fact is that the stories written were written to educate children.

Does a person have to accept any fairy tale as fact to understand the message conveyed through metaphor and allegory?

hypocritical and stupid?

Are you having a bad day?
Are you having a bad life? Probably so since you can't think. How would learning fairy tales or written words prove the existence of god. You make no fucking sense whatsoever. All you have is smug condescending bullshit.

Hello.
Scripture clearly teaches that if you do what is right, you are accepted. If what you do or what you fail to do is offensive to God who is holy, his face will be hidden from you and sin will knock you unconscious like a dope fiend with a baseball bat lurking behind your door.

Do you not see him because he doesn't want to be seen or have you defiled and contaminated your mind, your only means of perception?
How smug and condescending. If someone doesn't embrace your religious beliefs they have polluted their minds. What an asshole. I want nothing to do with the putrid god you worship.

No, the defiled and contaminated state of your own mind has nothing whatever to do believing or disbelieving anything I say, asshole.

You said "Scripture clearly teaches that if you do what is right, you are accepted." and when challenged to back it up you have nothing but insults. You worship a putrid small petty god.

Hello.

You said "Scripture clearly teaches that if you do what is right, you are accepted." and when challenged to back it up you have nothing but insults. You worship a putrid small petty god.

You didn't challenge me to back anything up, a foul and smelly pus came out when I squeezed your head and challenged you to think.

Hello.

You didn't challenge me to back anything up, a foul and smelly pus came out when I squeezed your head and challenged you to think.
You're a liar. You said "Scripture clearly teaches that if you do what is right, you are accepted."

That's a challenge to accept your faith as fact. You're a dishonest hack. Your religion has robbed you of any objectivity so you protect it with insults. How pathetic!

Thats a scientific fact.

Ask a scientist
So you don't know why you say something stupid every time? Not surprised, imbeciles often don't know how ridiculous they appear.

You're a liar. You said "Scripture clearly teaches that if you do what is right, you are accepted."

That's a challenge to accept your faith as fact. You're a dishonest hack. Your religion has robbed you of any objectivity so you protect it with insults. How pathetic!

No, that is a quote from the bible. I didn't challenge you to accept it on faith, you didn't challenge me to back it up.

I challenged you to think. You can't do it because your mind is full of preconceived falsehoods that have hobbled your ability to see, hear, and think clearly.

I don't have to prove anything.

You have proven it with your own bitter and spiteful words that reflect the absence of intelligence, not to mention ethics..

Thats a scientific fact.

Ask a scientist
So you don't know why you say something stupid every time? Not surprised, imbeciles often don't know how ridiculous they appear.

What I don;'t understand is why when I say something as simple like the Bible, like any book of fairy tales, conveys hidden teaching above the grasp of people who do not think very deeply so many smart people like yourself think that I said something stupid.

Talk about appearing ridiculous....

You can't see or hear me, even though what I said has been written down and you can read it over and over again with your own eyes.

is it really any wonder why you can't see God?

Last edited:

No, that is a quote from the bible. I didn't challenge you to accept it on faith, you didn't challenge me to back it up.

I challenged you to think. You can't do it because your mind is full of preconceived falsehoods that have hobbled your ability to see, hear, and think clearly.

You have proven it with your own bitter and spiteful words that reflect the absence of intelligence, not to mention ethics..
You love to look down on people and insult them when they won't accept your FAITH as a fact. You have already proven what I said by not being able to back up your claims. Now you say you made none. LOL. You've proven how dishonest you are as well. You stated:

"Whoever told you that no one can know till after physical death introduced into your mind like malware a false teaching that blinds you to the openly expressed teaching that the very purpose for God communicating with people through messengers was that they would come to know he who truly is God while they are still alive."

So I have malware in my mind and am blind because I am unwilling to suspend rational thought and accept the teachings you prefer for evidence. You can't back it up so you talked down to me instead. Like I said, you are brainwashed and mask it with condescension when challenged. That's not a god I would want to know.

You love to look down on people and insult them when they won't accept your FAITH as a fact. You have already proven what I said by not being able to back up your claims. Now you say you made none. LOL. You've proven how dishonest you are as well. You stated:

"Whoever told you that no one can know till after physical death introduced into your mind like malware a false teaching that blinds you to the openly expressed teaching that the very purpose for God communicating with people through messengers was that they would come to know he who truly is God while they are still alive."

So I have malware in my mind and am blind because I am unwilling to suspend rational thought and accept the teachings you prefer for evidence. You can't back it up so you talked down to me instead. Like I said, you are brainwashed and mask it with condescension when challenged. That's not a god I would want to know.

Funny how you and mudda are the only ones who seem to feel insulted.

Thats a scientific fact.

Ask a scientist

What I don;'t understand is why when I say something as simple like the Bible, like any book of fairy tales, conveys hidden teaching above the grasp of people who do not think very deeply so many smart people like yourself think that I said something stupid.

Talk about appearing ridiculous....

You can't see or hear me, even though what I said has been written down and you can read it over and over again with your own eyes.

is it really any wonder why you can't see God?
You can't see how stupid you sound. Hidden teachings above the grasp of people who do not think deeply? How is that attitude any different than a Moonie's? Or a Muslim's? All religions say that. You claim yours is the correct one but can't begin to support it.

And I was a Christian for over twenty years, studied faithfully, had a pretty decent library of aids, etc. Been there, done that. I know your type like the back of my hand.

Funny how you and mudda are the only ones who seem to feel insulted.
I don't feel insulted at all. That's just more condescending bullshit from a prick on the internet. Feelings have nothing to do with it and you are out of your league. You can't even put up a decent fight.

Why does God hide himself? My guess is so that he cannot be found. If that be the case, then it would mean that he does not want his truth to be popular on earth now, which would exclude his truth from being anything to do with popular religions like Christianity , Islam , Baptist , Jehovah's Witness , Methodist , Catholics and any of the top 50 religions in the world.

Wow , isn't that something! That would make all those religions meaningless to God. But those religions are trying to sell themselves as being the people of God.

Welcome to the darkness ; how great is the darkness?

Forum List

Back