Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

No one needs a 30 round magazine.

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.
Wrong.

The Gov't had Muskets so the People had to be armed equally.

If the Kings Army had .50 cal machine guns, then the Founding Fathers would have had them too.

Then you would be here saying; "I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a .50 cal Machine Gun, nothing more."

The point of the 2nd Amendment is for the People to armed in such a manner that Gov't won't even consider trying to violate your rights.

The 2nd amendment was never intended to give people a right to murder U.S. federal, state, or local government officials you idiot. Our system of governing is what protects our rights, not any supposed right to gun down any government agent who does something you perceive as violating your rights.

How clueless can one person be? As soon as I think "Old PooPoo can't possibly be any dumber than this!" you go and top yourself.

Both sentences are wrong in every important respect, and show a profound lack of understanding of our nation's founding document.

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

That's just what we need, more 30 round magazines in gangland.

OH so you live in a state of fear?

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.
Wrong.

If the Kings Army had .50 cal machine guns, then the Founding Fathers would have had them too.

Then you would be here saying; "I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a .50 cal Machine Gun, nothing more."

The point of the 2nd Amendment is for the People to armed in such a manner that Gov't won't even consider trying to violate your rights.

So every citizen should have their own missiles and nuclear weapons?

Sounds good to me.

There is a lot of things in life you do not need.

Does that mean you should not want what you do not need?

I don't need a 30 round magizine, I own many of them.

I don't need more than one pistol, I own nine.

I don't need more than one long rifle, I own twelve.

I don't need a Thompson 1928 submachine gun (full auto) but I own two.

I don't need an M16 with a tri-burst pack, but I own one.

I don't need to be a firearm collector, but I enjoy collecting and shooting firearms.

You don't need to like it and no one is forcing you to.

Great point! You should be able to own a nuclear device as well. Maybe biological weapons as well. Who are we to tell you that you can't have your own nuclear weapons.

A nuclear warhead is considered artillery, which was held in common, in the armory by the milita. It has never been considered an "arm" which since the advent of the proto-modern infantryman (circa 1500's-1600's) has always been a shoulder mounted firearm. Starting with muskets, progressing to rifled muskets, and through the single shot rifles to today's modern semi-automatic and automatic rifles.

Biological weapons would probably be considered artillery as well, as that is thier preferred means of dispersal, and thus not an "arm" and thus not covered under the 2nd amendment.

The good thing about threads like these is that despite the rabid idiocy of the lefties that come here, there is some really good thinking going on. This is a fine example. there have been many in this thread.

Last edited:
Wrong.

So every citizen should have their own missiles and nuclear weapons?

Sounds good to me.

Indeed. The greatest period of recent time for freedom and democracy (if that's your bag I personally don't care for majority rule) was when the people who ran the countries had the same arms as the people who served them.

If politicians have access to tanks and missiles and nukes why shouldn't we ? Are they not citizens ? That in fact could be the true meaning of the 2nd amendment, in order to form a militia and to fight, whether that be foreign or domestic enemies (the government itself), we would need adequate weaponry.

Of course not, but there are steps that can be taken to intervene in between the bullying and suicide. There's not exactly a lot of time to persuade a bullet to not hit a child.

In the case of Newtown, considering the cops took 10 MINUTES to respond, the attacker probably could have used your cherished musket unloaded as a club and kill just as many people. Should we limit people to nerf versions of all blunt objects?

Extremely Doubtful.

Meaning: "It doesn't fit in with my looney left wing beliefs."

In the case of Newtown, considering the cops took 10 MINUTES to respond, the attacker probably could have used your cherished musket unloaded as a club and kill just as many people. Should we limit people to nerf versions of all blunt objects?

Extremely Doubtful.

Once he bludgeoned the female teachers, how was a bunch of kids going to stop him?

Life is not a Hogger Raid (Warcraft reference, look it up)

Ah! That takes me back! Thanks!

I am a gun owner. I have it for protection. You guys have the smallest dicks known to man, don't you. Just get a fucking bazooka and be done with it. I bet your trucks are raised as well, right little ducked ones.

There is a lot of things in life you do not need.

Does that mean you should not want what you do not need?

I don't need a 30 round magizine, I own many of them.

I don't need more than one pistol, I own nine.

I don't need more than one long rifle, I own twelve.

I don't need a Thompson 1928 submachine gun (full auto) but I own two.

I don't need an M16 with a tri-burst pack, but I own one.

I don't need to be a firearm collector, but I enjoy collecting and shooting firearms.

You don't need to like it and no one is forcing you to.

Great point! You should be able to own a nuclear device as well. Maybe biological weapons as well. Who are we to tell you that you can't have your own nuclear weapons.

I didn't realize until now that you were Truthmatter's relative.

Her slightly less retarded brother is my guess.

The 2nd amendment was never intended to give people a right to murder U.S. federal, state, or local government officials you idiot. Our system of governing is what protects our rights, not any supposed right to gun down any government agent who does something you perceive as violating your rights.

Yeah.. they did not have the declaration of independence in their minds AT ALL :rolleyes:
Yeah, like sure, OK. :rolleyes: OMG. Declaration of Independence! Of course that makes sense now! Right to bear arms, declaration of independence, scattered unconnected thoughts. :rolleyes:

Oh.. and BTW... war is not murder...

Killing a government official because you think he violated your rights is murder and taking up arms against the U.S. Government is an act of rebellion.

And our system of government has shown to take away our rights as well..
So why don't you get a gun and go shoot the government agents that took your rights? You think the Founders gave you the right to bear arms so you could kill government agents to protect your rights but you're too chicken to do it?

Damn! You topped yourself yet again.

Last edited:
What is your fixation on the size of a magazine?

I can do the same damage with 3 10 round magazines in almost the same time frame as a person with 1 30 round mag.

Why don't you just be honest for once and say you want to ban all semi auto rifles?

If he was honest, he'd say: "I'm a left wing nut job who will say any stupid thing to support my unsupportable beliefs."

What is your fixation on the size of a magazine?

I can do the same damage with 3 10 round magazines in almost the same time frame as a person with 1 30 round mag.

Why don't you just be honest for once and say you want to ban all semi auto rifles?

I want to ban all semi automatic weapons.

And every american should be able to enjoy thier freedom of speech using a 1790's printing press, handwritten text on paper, or standing on the steps of city hall, nothing more.

Oh, and police can't search cars, even with a warrant, because cars were not around then. Come to think of it, planes didnt exist either.... PLANES ARE UNCONSITUTIONAL!!!

/sarcam.

Hey, you're the ones that love to bring up the constitution everytime someone threatens your precious guns. Thanks for pointing out how ridiculous that argument is.

It's only the 4th day of the new year, but I nominate this for the stoopidist post of 2013.

Forum List

Back