What will his husband say??

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
Barney Frank admitted this morning on MSNBC that he has asked Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick to pick him to replace John Kerry in the Senate:

"I’ve told the governor I would now like, frankly, to" be the senator, said Frank.

Frank suggested he wants the seat so that he can fight for an increased debt ceiling in the Senate. He had previously said he had no interest in filling the position, but said the next few months will be "important."

The appointment would only be temporary. And he'd step down after a special election to replace Kerry, who has been nominated to be the next secretary of state. Frank says he won't run for the seat.

The special election to fill the Senate seat the old fashioned way will likely be held in several months.

Patrick has not indicated who he'll pick to fill the seat.

What was the purpose of your title? There is nothing about his life partner in the portions you posted (sans link I might add)

Yes, we know Barney Frank is gay. What does that have to do with this?

A short while ago he said he was pleased to retire...so he could pay more attention to his husband...a lesson to be learned by all working wives....

A short while ago he said he was pleased to retire...so he could pay more attention to his husband...a lesson to be learned by all working wives....

I see...and we were just supposed to intuitively know that? You didn't mention that in your OP and there were no links to statements supporting your title.

“After 45 years, I’m tired,” he said. “I look forward to a situation where when the phone rings, I won’t be apprehensive that it’s some problem I have to deal with: some crisis — maybe that somebody else has done something stupid that I have to deal with, or in the worst case, something stupid I’ve done that I have to deal with.”

Read more: Barney Frank:

What was the purpose of your title? There is nothing about his life partner in the portions you posted (sans link I might add)

It has all do so with this very recent interview he himself gave:

Barney Frank:

By MJ LEE | 12/26/12 9:07 AM EST

More quality time with his husband is just one of the many things Rep. Barney Frank is looking forward to in retirement.
After serving in Congress for more than 30 years, the Massachusetts Democrat says he is ready to say goodbye to the grueling work schedule that comes with being a congressman.

“The travel. It’s a constant on-the-go,” Frank said in a wide-ranging interview with POLITICO shortly before he departs Congress early next month. “And that’s difficult particularly since I got married earlier this year. Late in life, but that makes you all the more eager to make the most of it. So the separation from Jim has been an unpleasant part of this.”

:confused:

Barney Frank:

More quality time with his husband is just one of the many things Rep. Barney Frank is looking forward to in retirement.
After serving in Congress for more than 30 years, the Massachusetts Democrat says he is ready to say goodbye to the grueling work schedule that comes with being a congressman.

“The travel. It’s a constant on-the-go,” Frank said in a wide-ranging interview with POLITICO shortly before he departs Congress early next month. “And that’s difficult particularly since I got married earlier this year. Late in life, but that makes you all the more eager to make the most of it. So the separation from Jim has been an unpleasant part of this.”

Again, we are supposed to just know that? There was nothing in the OP about his wanting to spend time with his partner and it certainly doesn't seem the driving force behind his decision.

Basically it was a non sequitur to point out the "no shit sherlock" fact that Frank is gay.

I see...and we were just supposed to intuitively know that? You didn't mention that in your OP and there were no links to statements supporting your title.

“After 45 years, I’m tired,” he said. “I look forward to a situation where when the phone rings, I won’t be apprehensive that it’s some problem I have to deal with: some crisis — maybe that somebody else has done something stupid that I have to deal with, or in the worst case, something stupid I’ve done that I have to deal with.”

Read more: Barney Frank:
This is not a jury trial, Mona...just try to keep up with current events and you will do fine.

Barney Frank:

Again, we are supposed to just know that? There was nothing in the OP about his wanting to spend time with his partner and it certainly doesn't seem the driving force behind his decision.

Basically it was a non sequitur to point out the "no shit sherlock" fact that Frank is gay.

Then I am glad I could add the details that you were unaware had happened.

Well I would say the OP and his title do clearly address the fact that Barney Frank did just retire and as recently as days ago he stated that he was tired and wanted to spend more time with his spouse so yes I would wonder how his spouse feels about his potential offer to fill Senator Kerry's seat even for the interim. Was he lying to the interviewer and the people and his spouse when he stated what he did in the interview?

As far as he being gay that seems to be your issue. We often discuss the spouses of elected people in politics. Why so prickly over this? He is being treated like every other married elected person who claimed to do something for his spouse and then lied apparently. The irony is he did this all within days of each interview.

Last edited:

He said he didn't intend to run for the seat, just fill-in until the special election. FAIL!!!

wow. so married women shouldn't work either?

i think you need to go live in the 1950's. it must suck for someone like you to have to deal with reality in 2013.

He said he didn't intend to run for the seat, just fill-in until the special election. FAIL!!!

Who said he would run? The point is that it goes against his own reasons for retiring. I don't want some "tired" and distracted newlywed pining for his spouse when he needs to focus on doing the people's work.

i think you need to go live in the 1950's. it must suck for someone like you to have to deal with reality in 2013.

Some men prefer stay at home wives and some women choose that life freely? Problem there? Barney claimed to want to retire to give more attention to his spouse. No problem there?

lol Bottom line is Barney is full of shit and his word is worthless to both the people and apparently his spouse. Nothing new to see here.

Who said he would run? The point is that it goes against his own reasons for retiring. I don't want some "tired" and distracted newlywed pining for his spouse when he needs to focus on doing the people's work.

You just don't want Barney Frank. :eusa_boohoo:

What sane person would? The man who championed FAULTY LOANS which helped create the mess we're in.. It wasn't just Boooosh and Co. so take your partisan blinders off and stop pretending like "YOUR SIDE" is perfect.. We're all done with the partisan crap.

True but that alone does not negate the facts of this discussion that you seemingly choose to avoid. Whatever. Typical message board chicken shit.

Summation:

Frank is a fraud. Not exactly breaking news.

True but that alone does not negate the facts of this discussion that you seemingly choose to avoid. Whatever. Typical message board chicken shit.

Summation:

Precisely Dreamy. I'm so sick of the partisans. If people didn't wake up after this past election and that JOKE of a fiscal cliff bill that BOTH sides are corrupt as hell, they never will!

Some men prefer stay at home wives and some women choose that life freely? Problem there? Barney claimed to want to retire to give more attention to his spouse. No problem there?

lol Bottom line is Barney is full of shit and his word is worthless to both the people and apparently his spouse. Nothing new to see here.

You do realize that people could have a change of heart? Also, as noted previously, this would be temporary. Maybe his husband is okay with this, if it happens. Have you spoken with him to confirm that it is not okay with him?

Summation:

You're making a big deal about a temporary appointment and I'm calling you on it. What's chicken shit about that? I'd call that in-your-face. :cool:

Forum List

Back