Why do YOU swear ?

Do you use vile (swear words), profane, or vulgar language?

• NEVER

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • OFTEN

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • How else can I express myself?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My kids and I have actually had a number of discussions about the concept of profanity.

The simple fact of the matter is this:

Everyone fucks (except DavidS, who relies on making love to himself)
Everyone shits
Most men have a cock (unless they've been the victim of some traumatic injury)
All women have *****.

So who decided that the words for these common, every day activities and body parts were somehow vulgar and obscene?

It's based in a really archaic idea that sex is somehow dirty.

Of course, in the best of circumstances, it IS, but it isn't shameful.

So why should we be bound by archaic ideas that "words" are bad or evil?

You know what's a bad word? Homelessness.

HEre's another one: Hungry.

It baffles me that people get their panties twisted over words, but can simply ignore human suffering right in front of their faces. THAT is obscene.

Here's the dirtiest word of all, guaranteed to knot a lot of short n' curlies: gay marriage.

Homosexual marriage disgusts normal people. Only a mentally sick person would approve of such a union. I am a Christian, an ex-Priest. Homosexuaslity is a sin and those who practice it will surely die of AIDS, and will burn in the firey pits of hell for eternity.

Homosexual marriage disgusts normal people. Only a mentally sick person would approve of such a union. I am a Christian, an ex-Priest. Homosexuaslity is a sin and those who practice it will surely die of AIDS, and will burn in the firey pits of hell for eternity.

Homosexual marriage doesn't disgust me. Homosexual sexual acts may, but then again, I don't think about it. I guess you would actually have to see it or participate in it to actually get to that level of disgust with it.

I don't care a whole lot about people swearing, i swear quite a lot actually, i think it all comes from playing the xbox a little too much during the summer online.. you can't go 1 game without somebody swearing like a madman, or calling someone a fag, ****, douchebag, fucker, piece of shit, and well many more..

Anywho, i don't like being around people who don't swear a lot.. to me, it just seems kinda boring..

Forum List

Back