Why do they have these sign language signers at the official public announcements, anymore?

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
It is 2020, and we all know that the robots can make better text messages than the signers can. There is no way the signers can make accurate interpretations compared to the text robots. And they look silly, because there are probably no deaf people in the immediate audience. If there are, then they need to be able to see the signer.
This guy is off the charts demonstrably distracting from the important and insightful message of this wonderful liberal mayor who cannot control the riots.

It is 2020, and we all know that the robots can make better text messages than the signers can. There is no way the signers can make accurate interpretations compared to the text robots. And they look silly, because there are probably no deaf people in the immediate audience. If there are, then they need to be able to see the signer.
This guy is off the charts demonstrably distracting from the important and insightful message of this wonderful liberal mayor who cannot control the riots.

I liked the scene in the movie PCU where the signer was onstage during Rand McPherson's melt down.
<iframe width="1213" height="670" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My heart goes out to those who have no other choice but to spend the rest of their lives staring at a translator. As if losing their hearing wasn't bad enough. Staring at a translator means that they do nothing but miss out on the most beautiful sights too. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Robotic closed captioning makes frequent mistakes. That is why there is still a market for people to do closed captioning for recorded material.

Also, robotic closed captioning simply shows the words used. It does not show any inflection or emphasis. The sign language translator does.

My heart goes out to those who have no other choice but to spend the rest of their lives staring at a translator. As if losing their hearing wasn't bad enough. Staring at a translator means that they do nothing but miss out on the most beautiful sights too. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I have had a few friends who are deaf. One of them gave me this quote from Helen Keller. "Blindness separates you from things. Deafness separates you from people".

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I have had a few friends who are deaf. One of them gave me this quote from Helen Keller. "Blindness separates you from things. Deafness separates you from people".
Yes, but Helen Keller's parents punished her by rearranging the furniture, and it she was really bad they would leave the plunger in the toilet!

Please God, I am sorry, forgive me and be with the pygmies in New Guinea.
Amen!

^^^ What in the world is that supposed to mean? If Helen Keller was really bad, they would leave the plunger in the toilet???

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I hate it for them.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Virtue signaling democrats.

There is probably a union protecting their jobs.
The sign language people provide a voting and contribution block.
Perhaps some are related to local government higher ups.

Forum List

Back