Why Do The Liberals Fear The Tea Party Movement

Historically, liberals have been the first victims when the shit hits the fan in a nation. They will come running to the conservatives for help from the angry unaligned horde, and we will help them.

Full time baby sitting job with liberals, ya know?

Ah well.

Help? What kind of "help" would you be talking about? The only reason the right gets back into power is that they manage to have the loudest voices and are able to better sway the masses. Unfortunately, when those same masses wake up to the fact that the right doesn't "help" them at all, and in fact, ALWAYS works against them, the Dems are put right back in power.

And round and round we go. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, it couldn't possibly be over spending on underperforming social engineering programs that make the left unpopular.

What is it about the Tea Party? I hear faux racism...I hear faux discrimination.
I just don't understand. Thoughts?

Because they have no real, workable solutions. They've managed to grab the attention of the least enlightened and give them hope that they can have it all and still not pay for anything. The Tea Party has a list of wants, period. (But don't we all.)

Maggie, they can't do any worse than what's been going on over the last ten years....yes, I said 10 years. Somebody somewhere needs to step up and change the direction, it isn't with the democrats, nor is it with the established republicans. This is good for America IMHO.

Why do I fear the TP gaining political power?

Because, collectively, and from what I've seen, individually, they are a bunch of FLAMING IDIOTS!

Seriuosly!

Let's see, they are for "Responsible Government", they don't like taxes, they want a balanced budget.

Who the fuck do they think is against any of that?

Got news for 'em:

EVERYBODY wants responsible government, lower taxes and a balanced budget!

But there's this thing called "REALITY" and REALITY dictates that we HAVE to have taxation and we HAVE to run a federal deficit.

These are the same people of course that promoted the invasion of Iraq, but wanted lower taxes - and just don't get the contradiction! UNBELIEVABLE!!

What's more is reality dictates that no matter who gets elected there's gonna be some irresponsible government. I suppose they think that their witchy friend from Delaware is just TOO CUTE to be corrupt! How could a women with a body like Sarah Palin's not make a good President...sure....!

They want a balanced budget, but they want lower taxes! They have no idea of the federal budget or what the government does! If they have it their way we'll be a third world country in a year!

Did they notice that the economy has been in the tank ever since the Bush tax cuts went into effect? Did they notice that their free market policies destroyed our economy in 2007?

I wouldn't ever expect them to be intelligent enough to do a comparative analysis of the top tax rates against GDP growth for the past 100 years...they'd croak at the very thought of it's implications...but then again reality never phases them!

Basically, they've taken stupidity to the point of treason. If they have it their way, they will do to the United States what Yeltsin and Gorbachev did to the Soviet Union.

Fuck the TPs! They are every bit the ass-wipes that their nickname implies!

:clap2: Too bad Obama can't work some of that into his own speeches. It's the kind of simple truth that people get.

Translation:

Ya, those stupid Tea Party people want to actually REFORM government, cut government spending, cut government ties to Wall Street, and give our kids a future.

I'm scared shit of good, honest, and wise people like that.

They can do that, but for God's sake, they could have found more people with some decent credentials.

HTML:
Translation:

Ya, those stupid Tea Party people want to actually REFORM government, cut government spending, cut government ties to Wall Street, and give our kids a future.

I'm scared shit of good, honest, and wise people like that.

O.K, you want to "Reform" government? That line is as old as the hills! We already have the most scrutinized government in the world. Holy Shit! A President can't even get a blow job fron an intern without it causing a national crisis!

Cut government spending! Wow, that's what the conservatives have been saying forever! Do they ever do it? No!

What exactly do you want to cut? Everything that doesn't favor you personally? Do you understand that a democracy is a give and take form of governement? Everything is bargained for - and that's the way it's supposed to be.

What you're for is:
Increase spending for everything that favor YOU and the wealthy. Cut spending that favors the people that need it most. Reduce government workers to slaves, let our infrastructure crumble, do not supply our soldiers with training weaponry or armor. Let poor people dye on the streets.

Cut ties with Wall St.? Another good one! If you really want to cut ties with Wall St., you'll vote Democrat because Republican=Wall St.

And don't give me any B.S. about it - I grew up in Wall St.'s bedroom. My Father was a Wall St. exec., most of my high school classmate work on Wall St., as does my nephew.

I know Wall St. & the Manhatten financial crowd - they love Republicans and they HATE Democrats.

If you don't know that historically the Republican party has always been the Party of BIG BUSINESS and FINANCE, then you know nothing aboout American politics.

"Give our kids a future" - like investing in education? Curbing pollutatants? Dare I say - reducing global warming? Your entirely on the wrong side of the political spectrum on that one.

But wait, my mistake, by "Give our kids a future" did you mean, do everything to protect the trust fund babies from having to work for a living? Did you mean that working class kids should be obedient slaves thru their whole life so that the priviledged can continue being priviledge? Did you mean that they should be protected from the horrors of an economy based on competitive education - so that they can remain ignorant assholes living on their inheritances their whole lifes without need for education and not exposed to the competitive working world?

Oh, that what you meant by "Give our kids a future", you meant YOUR kids, not America's kids.

Careful Richard, if you continue on like this, you'll soon be accused of being "jealous" of the rich. That's usually the send off on the topic, as they slowly back out of a thread where honesty is spoken.

What is it about the Tea Party? I hear faux racism...I hear faux discrimination.

They're not the Federal government--:cuckoo: whom has promised them the party life of wealth redistribution.

"When government is big enough to give you everything you want--it is also big enough to take everything you have"--Thomas Jefferson

Know thy history. A couple of excerpts from this:

Two Santa Clauses or How The Republican Party Has Conned America for Thirty Years | CommonDreams.org

Hoover enthusiastically followed the advice of his Treasury Secretary, multimillionaire Andrew Mellon, who said in 1931: "Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate. Purge the rottenness out of the system. High costs of living and high living will come down... enterprising people will pick up the wrecks from less competent people."

Thus, the Republican mantra was: "Lower taxes, reduce the size of government, and balance the budget."

The only problem with this ideology from the Hooverite perspective was that the Democrats always seemed like the bestowers of gifts, while the Republicans were seen by the American people as the stingy Scrooges, bent on making the lives of working people harder all the while making richer the very richest. This, Republican strategists since 1930 knew, was no way to win elections.

Which was why the most successful Republican of the 20th century up to that time, Dwight D. Eisenhower, had been quite happy with a top income tax rate on millionaires of 91 percent. As he wrote to his brother Edgar Eisenhower in a personal letter on November 8, 1954:

"[T]o attain any success it is quite clear that the Federal government cannot avoid or escape responsibilities which the mass of the people firmly believe should be undertaken by it. The political processes of our country are such that if a rule of reason is not applied in this effort, we will lose everything--even to a possible and drastic change in the Constitution. This is what I mean by my constant insistence upon 'moderation' in government.

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt [you possibly know his background], a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

The TP is a faux grassroots campaign forged out of seeking a path to escaping the burning bushes. Most of these groups/people were staunch supporters of the Cheney administration and now that some of the Liberal policy chickens are coming home to roost they need to find a new address. Without really moving.

More voters are realizing the national scene has left us hanging, literally. The past four Presidential elections has forced all Americans to faux vote for a Liberal presidency. The only choice was what kind of Liberalism would they choose. One pandered to the crowd seeking social expansion while the other threw out fodder on preventing domestic expansion while both guaranteed foreign and domestic expansion of the federal government. The only visible difference was which ones would be media focused.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't fear TP. I use it to wipe my ass everyday.

Its clear from the above blithering ramble of moronically mixed metaphores why the Tea Party is feared:

It is too complicated for idiots to understand.

The Tea Party complicated? Surely you jest.

LOL, the Democrats USED to be the party for the people.

They STOPPED being that 50 or so years ago.

Now they are the Party of the Unions, Acorn, the Black Panthers, the Rev. Wrights of our country and the Eleitiest Democrats in POWER now.

People who are Democrats better wake up soon and SEE THIS.

They don't have your interest at heart, if they did, the Obama wouldn't be pushing for Amnesty for 20 to 30 million Illegal Immigrants with the American citizens at this time seeing over 15% unemployment.

wake up people

You parrot Fox News and especially Glenn Beck. It seems to be the only knowledge you have. Pathetic.

Yeah, every President should be able to get a casual BJ from an intern.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Heaven forbid Higher Standards.

Holy Shit! It's a national crisis when a President gets a BJ, but invading a country based on false premises and killing 600,000 innocents civilians is perfectly O.K.?

You have some fucking standards!

What are you, a satanist?

Actually we should hold our presidents to a higher standard don't you think, than that of a "john" getting a cheap thrill. 600,000? In a pigs eye, that was proven to be way over blown.
But, you just keep drinking that orange Kool-Aid of yours, and listen to your talking points from the libs...it makes for a good message board.

This guy knows his history, and has formed his opinions accordingly. In fact, it was refreshing that he does NOT rely on liberal "talking points," but in fact makes points that should be so obviously right-on (no pun intended) to everyone. He tells it like it is. You may not like what is (again, no pun intended), but reality bites.

Holy Shit! It's a national crisis when a President gets a BJ, but invading a country based on false premises and killing 600,000 innocents civilians is perfectly O.K.?

Actually we should hold our presidents to a higher standard don't you think, than that of a "john" getting a cheap thrill. 600,000? In a pigs eye, that was proven to be way over blown.
But, you just keep drinking that orange Kool-Aid of yours, and listen to your talking points from the libs...it makes for a good message board.

This guy knows his history, and has formed his opinions accordingly. In fact, it was refreshing that he does NOT rely on liberal "talking points," but in fact makes points that should be so obviously right-on (no pun intended) to everyone. He tells it like it is. You may not like what is (again, no pun intended), but reality bites.

Reality will bite you next Tuesday, Maggie. Gotta anymore of your less than witty comments?

I wonder if TP members are mostly recent immigrants. It's the only explanation why the group didn't exist when the uber-Liberal Cheney Administration was in power for eight years.

I wonder if TP members are mostly recent immigrants. It's the only explanation why the group didn't exist when the uber-Liberal Cheney Administration was in power for eight years.

I believe, and I may be wrong that it really did start under the bush administration. I know I ended up being pissed at him in a lot of different way with his policy making. But, when the TP's didn't see the change and maybe just getting worse....they started the movement.

so when Obama gave at least 80 billion to big pharmaceutical and hundreds of billions to the insurance industry with the rip-off Obamacare, and TARP, he wasn't catering to Wall Street. If Bush tried all of that , you'd have an aneurysm.

Actually, looks like you already are.

Regarding the pharmaceutical deal, you have it backward. They agreed to cut costs amounting to $80 billion over ten years, which included a 50% reduction in the "donut hole," in return for the government not pursuing purchase of cheaper drugs from Canada, et al., which Big Pharma argued (rightfully) would have prevented them from free market competition.

:cuckoo:

:cuckoo:

Yeah, I noticed she had nothing to say about an honest post, but tried to impugn me. I guess when she has nothing, she still needs to say something. :cuckoo:

The tea party is nothing more than a pep rally, a bunch of people who will sit in the stands, watch what happens and never understand the game.
The tp mentality in a nutshell (kind of poetic, given Meister and Stephanie are t baggers) is simple solutions to complex problems.
There is no critical thinking associated with the tp; it is an emotional reaction, more hysterical than rational.
The leaders of the tp movement are getting rich making speeches, the substance of which is, "hooray for our side", using code and pejoratives to attack current officials.
The foundation of the tp is greed and racism.

hahahah, you lefties crack me up..LIKE everything has to be critical thought about.
funny how sometimes the answers CAN BE SO SIMPLE. but that would be too much for you lefties, you all think you have to analyze and critical think shit to death, cause than that makes you seem intelligent and high and mighty.:lol:

Last edited:
so when Obama gave at least 80 billion to big pharmaceutical and hundreds of billions to the insurance industry with the rip-off Obamacare, and TARP, he wasn't catering to Wall Street. If Bush tried all of that , you'd have an aneurysm.

Actually, looks like you already are.

Regarding the pharmaceutical deal, you have it backward. They agreed to cut costs amounting to $80 billion over ten years, which included a 50% reduction in the "donut hole," in return for the government not pursuing purchase of cheaper drugs from Canada, et al., which Big Pharma argued (rightfully) would have prevented them from free market competition.

Gee, ewe sound like Bush. Imagine that. ;)

because they know we are spending too much, and if the tea party can take out some established republican spenders then they can open a can of whuppass on current dems spendatrons.

Deficit spending is not new, what's new is simply one more example of hypocrisy on the right. Bush spent an estimated $10 billion a month on a war of choice in Iraq, OFF BUDGET, and only real fiscal conservatives cared.
He created a huge fiscal problem which became an abyss by the time President Obama took office.
Today everyone wants to be known as a fiscal conservative, and the cry for deficit reduction is loud and clear, but the method of bringing spending under control is mute. Cut spending you say? Fine, what should be cut AND explain the consequences (yes, that takes critical thought, if one were to answer the question fully and honestly) both intended (obvious) and unintended.
The supporter of tea party types and even their candidates don't have a clue.

Forum List

Back