Why do the Democrats keep saying the Republicans want to end medicare or S.S.

What part of IT WILL BE BANKRUPT IN 2017 don't you understand?? FIX IT OR ITS DEAD.

What part of my post don't you understand, and what does your questionable assertion that Medicare will be bankrupt in 2017 have to do with the fact that Republicans do indeed want to end Medicare as we know it? That is not in debate, it is a fact. Republicans want to turn Medicare into a voucher program, which will end Medicare as we know it.

Nope,, you izzz wrong.. They aren't even debating the Ryan plan.

This thread isn't about Republicans debating the Ryan plan. We know where they stand on that plan because they already voted for it. It wasn't a popular vote either. Just ask America's seniors. This thread is about Republicans being accused of wanting to end Medicare as we know it. As I've already stated, Republicans do want to end Medicare as we know it. All you have to do is read the Ryan plan. It's right there in black and white. So, no I izzzn't wrong. You izzz just confused.

Because Republicans do want to end Medicare as we know it and turn it into a voucher system in which seniors would be left to the mercy of the private insurance market. That is a fact.

What part of IT WILL BE BANKRUPT IN 2017 don't you understand?? FIX IT OR ITS DEAD.

What part of my post don't you understand, and what does your questionable assertion that Medicare will be bankrupt in 2017 have to do with the fact that Republicans do indeed want to end Medicare as we know it? That is not in debate, it is a fact. Republicans want to turn Medicare into a voucher program, which will end Medicare as we know it.

1. Questionable assertion? Read the Trustees Report. Its insolvent in 2017.
Trustees Report Summary

2. Medicare needs to be fixed. Ryan put up one plan, the voucher program. I don't see any viable fixes for Medicare from the Dems. So what is better a voucher program or no Medicare? I prefer the "no freeloaders" option, where the ones who paid in get a "Maximum Lifetime Benefit" and the freeloaders get nothing. Then the Co-pays can be adjusted to keep Medicare. If Medicare ends many hospitals are gone as well.

This thread isn't about Republicans debating the Ryan plan. We know where they stand on that plan because they already voted for it. It wasn't a popular vote either. Just ask America's seniors. This thread is about Republicans being accused of wanting to end Medicare as we know it. As I've already stated, Republicans do want to end Medicare as we know it. All you have to do is read the Ryan plan. It's right there in black and white. So, no I izzzn't wrong. You izzz just confused.

again, they're not debating the Ryan plan. as we know it..:lol::lol::lol:

That is what 'privatization' will do to social security, medicare, education and the government. They want to privatize every thing. And you know as well as I that it will end those programs. The government is the only business that can run these programs without making a profit.
Some people who work low wage jobs may not pay enough into the program to get a living benefit out of it and do you think privatization will give them a living benenfit? The government does and can.

Last edited:
That is what 'privatization' will do to social security, medicare, education and the government. They want to privatize every thing. And you know as well as I that it will end those programs. The government is the only business that can run these programs without making a profit.

If they were privatized THERE WOULD BE MONEY IN THE FUNDS.

But as long as they are full of IOUs your good.

right now the GOP is have a prayer meeting over the budget.:lol::lol:

As long as nobody besides the recipients makes a profit I can deal with privatization. If some private company stands to make big money then I would be against it.

Some people who work low wage jobs may not pay enough into the program to get a living benefit out of it and do you think privatization will give them a living benenfit? The government does and can.

and of course by "government" you mean we the T axed E nough Already don't you...

You ain't supposed to live off of social security you big assed dummie.

Republicans are against those who work hard their whole lives without collecting unemployment, welfare, etc by barely scraping by. I wont mention those who are out of a job and the GOP outlook on those people. They have shown a disdain for that group of people by exclaiming such garbage as "you had a chance" or "live the american dream" which are both a crock of you know what.
In the end, If they didnt support the rich fat cats so voraciously I might actually support them.

Don't be stupid.

End social security, end medicare. Perfect. Right back to the feudal society. Just where we want this once great nation headed.

NO, Fix Social Security and Fix medicare. There is a major difference. If you would remove your upper appendage from your posterior you could see it.

This is totally a false statement. In Ryans plan on wants it reformed so we have something for us and our children. Plus, his current plan does not affect anyone 55 and above. If something is not done there would be nothing left for us. I know our family is preparing for this. Savings, 401Ks , husband military retirement ect .. We are not going to prepare for us to get social security because their is a lot of doubt that we will even receive it and the way Obama is going that doubt is becoming reality :eusa_whistle:

The problem with old people is they get sick a lot. I have no idea why, but it has always been that way. Old people use lots and lots of insurance money. I know that it is greedy of them....but they just do

For some reason, insurance companies don't like to insure old people. That is the reason Medicare was created....those nasty insurance companies did not want to insure old people

What Ryans plan does is give old people $7000 and tells them......Go find an insurance company that will insure you. Anything over that......you pay

Old people may be old.....but they are not stupid when it comes to insurance. They know the Govt will hold to that $7000 even though insurance companies raise their rates. They know if they get seriously sick that the insurance company will raise their rates well above what the Govt pays

Old people, for some reason, are afraid of getting sick and losing everything. Ryans plan will allow that

:lol::lol::lol: You're not too bright, are you? Read my lips: THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT REPUBLICANS DEBATING THE RYAN PLAN. IT IS ABOUT REPUBLICANS BEING ACCUSED OF WANTING TO END MEDICARE. THEIR SUPPORT OF THE RYAN PLAN CONFIRMS THAT THEY DO WANT TO END MEDICARE AS WE KNOW IT BECAUSE....WAIT FOR IT...THE RYAN PLAN ENDS MEDICARE AS WE KNOW IT.

Do you get it yet, or should I break out the sock puppets to better explain it to you?

Last edited:
This is totally a false statement. In Ryans plan on wants it reformed so we have something for us and our children. Plus, his current plan does not affect anyone 55 and above. If something is not done there would be nothing left for us. I know our family is preparing for this. Savings, 401Ks , husband military retirement ect .. We are not going to prepare for us to get social security because their is a lot of doubt that we will even receive it and the way Obama is going that doubt is becoming reality :eusa_whistle:

The problem with old people is they get sick a lot. I have no idea why, but it has always been that way. Old people use lots and lots of insurance money. I know that it is greedy of them....but they just do

For some reason, insurance companies don't like to insure old people. That is the reason Medicare was created....those nasty insurance companies did not want to insure old people

What Ryans plan does is give old people $7000 and tells them......Go find an insurance company that will insure you. Anything over that......you pay

Old people may be old.....but they are not stupid when it comes to insurance. They know the Govt will hold to that $7000 even though insurance companies raise their rates. They know if they get seriously sick that the insurance company will raise their rates well above what the Govt pays

Old people, for some reason, are afraid of getting sick and losing everything. Ryans plan will allow that

So when the economy completely implodes and we are bankrupt, the old people will not get sick? it's all Ryan's fault?? :cuckoo: if obie doodle and the dimocrats cared about sick old people they wouldn't have stolen 960 billion dollars from medicare. now they want mediscare.

This is totally a false statement. In Ryans plan he wants it reformed so we have something for us and our children. Plus, his current plan does not affect anyone 55 and above. If something is not done there would be nothing left for us. I know our family is preparing for this. Savings, 401Ks , husband military retirement ect .. We are not going to prepare for us to get social security because their is a lot of doubt that we will even receive it and the way Obama is going that doubt is becoming reality :eusa_whistle:

ya.... whatever you say.

isn't that kool aid a little overly sweet?

the right has been trying to destroy social security and medicare since roosevelt.

here's a clue... prior to social security, 50% of senior citizens lived below the poverty line.

and a little more information for low information voters like you... a voucher system that doesn't give the elderly sufficient funds to pay for health insurance OR health care isn't adequate. So while you're collecting those federal checks your husband earned, perhaps you want to think a little before supporting a plan that would hurt people who aren't getting those federal checks.

Last edited:
This is totally a false statement.

If it were a false statement, the most vigorous defense of Ryan's proposal wouldn't be:

Plus, his current plan does not affect anyone 55 and above.

Folks 55 or above get Medicare, folks below 55 don't. The gamble with using this as a defense is that while Ryan and his acolytes hope it keeps present-day seniors from deserting the Republicans, it also concedes the fundamental point that they continue to deny. Pick your poison, I suppose.

That is the sleaziest part of Ryans plan. He knew older Americans would retaliate against Republicans if they pulled their Medicare. He thought they wouldn't give a shit about his plan if it didn't apply to them. He also thought younger Americans are too distracted to care about Medical care 20 years from now

He was wrong

This is totally a false statement. In Ryans plan he wants it reformed so we have something for us and our children. Plus, his current plan does not affect anyone 55 and above. If something is not done there would be nothing left for us. I know our family is preparing for this. Savings, 401Ks , husband military retirement ect .. We are not going to prepare for us to get social security because their is a lot of doubt that we will even receive it and the way Obama is going that doubt is becoming reality :eusa_whistle:

Um..no.

They want to end it. Bush wanted to convert SSI into government run 401Ks and the Ryan plan would have become a "voucher" program.

Ryan's plan would be an interim step..before totally ending it.

You are wrong. Medicare is a government program to help the elderly. When I was a kid, there were always stories in the news about the elderly living on cat food or dog food. Health care companies don't want to insure them because it's expensive.

How many insurance policies does it take to give the CEO of Cigna or Aetna a $100,000,000.00 bonus? They won't "waste" that money on "old people".

So in the Ryan Plan (now the Republican Plan) the elderly would be given a few thousand dollars and told to "go buy insurance". Only, it's not enough money and no one will sell them insurance. That's the facts. We've been down this road already, so we know where it leads. If you don't mind the suffering of elderly Americans, which many Republicans don't, then stick to your guns to stick it to elderly Americans. There's always the emergency room at 10 to 100 times the cost. A bill WE pay. We may pay it anyway, but not at that high rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
The solution to the Medicare problem lies in reducing the cost of healthcare. The increase in the cost of healthcare in the US has been rising at 6 and 7% for years well above the increase in personal income. For seniors who are mostly on fixed income, healthcare is well beyond their reach without Medicare. Not only are the costs rising for current services but everyday we see new life saving treatments which cost more than most anyone can afford to pay. Unless we reduce the cost of delivery of healthcare, we will not solve the Medicare problem.

The Ryan plan slowly raises the cost of healthcare for new retirees under 55 to a point that they will not be able to afford it. Then what happens? Enrollment in Medicaid starts increasing. The result being you are transferring cost from one entitlement to another.

:lol::lol::lol: You're not too bright, are you? Read my lips: THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT REPUBLICANS DEBATING THE RYAN PLAN. IT IS ABOUT REPUBLICANS BEING ACCUSED OF WANTING TO END MEDICARE. THEIR SUPPORT OF THE RYAN PLAN CONFIRMS THAT THEY DO WANT TO END MEDICARE AS WE KNOW IT BECAUSE....WAIT FOR IT...THE RYAN PLAN ENDS MEDICARE AS WE KNOW IT.

Do you get it yet, or should I breakout the sock puppets to better explain it to you?

but they aren't debating the Ryan plan.

Forum List

Back