Why do so many atheist scientists believe in aliens when there's no proof for them either?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Blackrook, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Clement

Clement A REAL free thinker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Here's an argument: show me the aliens. Where are they? What are they like? You have no proof, only speculation. Period.

2. BreezeWood

BreezeWood VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +750
    you have consistently used slander as your immature way of defending yourself.

Thus, even with believers, they may not be part of the spiritually living.

the example of the spiritually dead is among us ...

the height of hypocrisy is to insist religiously there is no other life in the universe for the selfish purpose that the 4th century book you read tells you their god made only you on one planet and no other living being throughout the entire universe and you believe that is the path to the Everlasting ... the answer is you have become as pathetic as your self serving book.

3. james bond

james bond Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +746
    I agree these are two different issues, but there is no mass circumstantial evidence of aliens. It is like believing in ghosts or mediums.

And what you state happens in space are just assertions. While there are the amino acids that form protein, they do not because of chilarity. Creation science has found that proteins do not occur outside the cell. Otherwise, the evos would have been able to produce life through abiogenesis.

4. james bond

james bond Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +746
    Ha ha. Yours is not even an argument, but questions so you do not have to provide answers. It's fallacious. I'll put you down for hellbound.

The strongest argument has already been made and backed up by probabilities and fine tuning facts.

5. Fort Fun Indiana

Fort Fun Indiana Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,266
    Sort of. There is circumstantial evidence which comes in the form of two facts:

1) life formed at least once in the universe

2)the number of planets in the universe likely numbers over 200 billion billion

6. james bond

james bond Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +746
    #1 is wrong. I mentioned chilarity already. Besides demonstrating that abiogenesis cannot happen, it has stopped humans from cloning humans. The cloned embryo will not survive. They can clone animals, but not humans. All of this was already mentioned in the Bible. We won't know the beginning nor the end nor be able to create beyond the molecular level.

7. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +63,070
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,372
    Aliens: aside from the sheer mathematical impossibility that with organic compounds EVERYWHERE and water EVERYWHERE in an almost infinite space that life has never occurred anywhere else at any time, I have a set of books almost 18 inches thick full of accounts, witness accounts, historical evidence going back thousands of years of events. If even one of these was genuine, we have aliens. I understand your strict logic, but frankly, arguing that life isn't "out there" in some form whether microbes or super-civilization is like sitting down on your chair a hundred times then saying on the 101st try, it won't be there.

Same might be said of ghosts. I've actually had a couple paranormal experiences that were shared at the same time by both other people AND animals.

Space: Relativity was just an assertion until actually proven.

Abiogenesis: Earth had billions of years. We've had decades.

Cells: It took about 800 million years for the first prokaryotes to appear. While I understand the thinking, it is sheer arrogance, or at least stubbornness to argue that life hasn't happened beyond the Earth just because we've failed at recreating in over a few decades in a lab. The circumstantial evidence is there, but not in a positive, but rather the negative circumstantial improbability of it NOT being there and ten million million little things all being in error. The problem of science is that it is always the last to see the obvious until the evidence is so overwhelming that it has literally been hit over the head with proof, forwards, backwards and sideways until it cannot be denied any longer.

9. Fort Fun Indiana

Fort Fun Indiana Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,266
    No, #1 is correct. I do not defer to your nonsense, an, apparently, neither does anyone else. Abiogenesis can and did happen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BreezeWood

BreezeWood VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +750
    and the 4th century christian bible is recognized as an authentic, verifiable and peer reviewed scientific document - show us their findings bond ...

" The origin of this homochirality in biology is the subject of much debate.[7] Most scientists believe that Earth life's "choice" of chirality was purely random, and that if carbon-based life forms exist elsewhere in the universe, their chemistry could theoretically have opposite chirality. However, there is some suggestion that early amino acids could have formed in comet dust. In this case, circularly polarised radiation (which makes up 17% of stellar radiation) could have caused the selective destruction of one chirality of amino acids, leading to a selection bias which ultimately resulted in all life on Earth being homochiral."