Why Do Republicans Hate France So Much?

Why Do Republicans Hate France So Much?

• We saved their asses in WW2 and they never properly thanked us, the ingrates!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • If their social democratic system has any successes, if undermines Republican dogmas.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • They're not Merican, and if they're not Merican, Republicans don't like'em!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Ah cain't understand what they're sayin' so they must be makin' fun of me!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • They think they're #1 and everyone knows America is #1! Duh!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They lead Europe, if not the world, in trade protectionism.

Trade protectionism is and has been a necessary element of American development. For instance, it's common to refer to the utilization of state protection to facilitate the appropriate development of infant industries, thus maximizing dynamic comparative advantage.

You're kidding right? Ask the African farmers who is the FIRST country on earth to always maintain state subsidies to keep food prices low, destroying the ability of African farmers to sell their product in Europe? FRANCE.

France has one of the most closed economies anywhere, and that includes China.

They lead Europe, if not the world, in trade protectionism.

Trade protectionism is and has been a necessary element of American development. For instance, it's common to refer to the utilization of state protection to facilitate the appropriate development of infant industries, thus maximizing dynamic comparative advantage.

You're kidding right? Ask the African farmers who is the FIRST country on earth to always maintain state subsidies to keep food prices low, destroying the ability of African farmers to sell their product in Europe? FRANCE.

No, he's not kidding.

And watch yourself....That b-o-y is smarter than the both of us rolled into one......Just ask him, he'll tell you. :rolleyes:

who or what is france? is it some latest dance craze?

BIFF_-_grape_dance_from_France.jpg

How is that even relevant to what I said? I was remarking on the role of protectionism in early American development. It was quite significant.

No, he's not kidding.

And watch yourself....That b-o-y is smarter than the both of us rolled into one......Just ask him, he'll tell you. :rolleyes:

I notice you didn't have a reply available for us, Dud. Hardly surprising. :lol:

Where's the "This poll is lame" option?
Checkmark-1.jpg
This poll is lame.
Ahhh....there it is.
/
/
/
/
/
/

Last edited:
Why do many committed left posters feel the need to attempt to pigeon hole GoPers into some steryotype?

I see many of these asinine threads from the left, yet so few from any GoPers.

Could the Opening poster please explain his strange obcession with forever trying to codify and marginalze through ridicule his political opposition?

It gives the apperance of great insecurity, what people fear most they often try to belittle.

Why do many committed left posters feel the need to attempt to pigeon hole GoPers into some steryotype?

Could the Opening poster please explain his strange obcession with forever trying to codify and marginalze through ridicule his political opposition?

It gives the apperance of great insecurity, what people fear most they often try to belittle.

Maybe he was being sarcastic?

Xenophon, c'mon, you are supposedly (and I agree) one of the most humorous posters on USMB. I thought it was pretty obvious that this thread wasn't exactly serious.

I know a few people from France, and they're good friends. Methinks you can't lump in a country's people with its government. ;)

you mean the way they do when they sneer at the Americans who go over there?? that way???? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Innit it funny how the tolerant left tolerates the sterotyping of Americans by countries in the ME and by Europe,, but you a dastardly devil if ya say something bout France???? Ever noticed that shit???

Innit it funny how the tolerant left tolerates the sterotyping of Americans by countries in the ME and by Europe,, but you a dastardly devil if ya say something bout France???? Ever noticed that shit???

Oh, Willow. How hypocritical liberals are about how non-Americans aren't tolerant of Americans! What a bunch of intolerant hypocrites!

And who is being intolerant of conservatives disliking French policies and practices? I'm just asking why Republicans dislike France so much. Its hardly a serious thread.

Without french help during the revolutionary war, we'd all be speaking English right now.

ROFLMAO ! that was good and thanks for the laugh! :)

As the original question, I wasn't aware that the "hatred of the french" was confined along party lines....

Personally I love France, it's a beautiful country even if most Parisians seem to be @ssholes (but then again New Yorkers and Los Angeleans are just as bad). ;)

P.S. j/k those from NY and LA, you're not as bad as Parisians.

Even other Frenchmen of my acquaintance Find Parisians almost boorishly arrogant. And I don't hate france. The Chirac government however was among the more duplicitous ever to run a country into the ground

Forum List

Back