Why do Republicans celebrate the failure of Green Energy

You are making the mistake of looking at it through your own individual situation.

really?

No.

If times were good in America yet I was struggling due to health, or hatred of my job I quite...then yes....I would be making that mistake.

But it is quite obvious that "my situation" is the same as most all around.

Or is it BS that the economy is struggling, the middle calss is decreasing in size and income has decreased amongst most Americans while prices have increased.

Which one is it?

Frankly, it's neither.

The attitude that times are bad so we shouldn't be investing in green energy is again ... off base and short sighted.

I didnt say that.

Smart investors should do EXACTLY that.

But our government should not be in the speculating business when times are tough for Americans...especially when there is a 15 trillion dollar debt.

And if private investors cant make it work now...what makes the government think it can?

You are diverting from the actual issue.

It is not about the advantages of green energy. It is about the government getting involved in it at the wrong time.

Politics aside, what is to be gained if Green Energy fails as an alternative energy source? Isn't having alternatives to big oil a benefit for this country? Why is it official GOP policy that Drill, baby drill is the only acceptable answer to our energy needs?

All new technologies suffer failures. More money has been lost in this country by speculative oil failures than anything else

Why the celebrations?

Kind of suck's for you since you aren't getting the response you were looking for don't it?

really?

No.

If times were good in America yet I was struggling due to health, or hatred of my job I quite...then yes....I would be making that mistake.

Or is it BS that the economy is struggling, the middle calss is decreasing in size and income has decreased amongst most Americans while prices have increased.

Which one is it?

Frankly, it's neither.

The attitude that times are bad so we shouldn't be investing in green energy is again ... off base and short sighted.

I didnt say that.

But our government should not be in the speculating business when times are tough for Americans...especially when there is a 15 trillion dollar debt.

And if private investors cant make it work now...what makes the government think it can?

It is not about the advantages of green energy. It is about the government getting involved in it at the wrong time.

The wrong time?

C'mon now.....there's always an excuse to call it "the wrong time"

I don't buy that for a second.

really?

No.

Which one is it?

Frankly, it's neither.

I didnt say that.

The transcontinental railroad was completed four years after the end of the Civil War. Seems the government saw the need for the railroad in spite of the costs of the war, reconstruction and other expenses.

No one then was so afraid to think that now was not the time to complete the railroad.

It's also untrue that it isn't economically viable now. The technology has already been developed, although there are further improvements on the cutting edge. (Unfortunately, some of the improved competitiveness comes from increasing fossil-fuel prices rather than tech improvements to solar and wind; the lines crossed about a year ago.)

It is economically unviable because it is supplemental. Residentially, installing a few solar panels can lower your energy bill by a small amount. Windmills, otoh, aren't viable because start up costs are too high right now. It takes about twenty to thirty years to start recognizing savings. If they were viable and did save money from the onset, I would have already turned my house into a solar/wind hybrid.

Frankly, it's neither.

I didnt say that.

The wrong time?

Complete failure isn't the right time to call it the wrong time?

:lol: :lol:

Frankly, it's neither.

I didnt say that.

The wrong time?

very poor argumnet...."I dont buy that for a second"....very poor indeed.

Tell me we have 4% unemployment, a balanced budget, a surplus...and then you can say "wrong time is a bad excuise"...

But now? Even you said "we were on the brink of a depression"....and even you said "the middle class is suffering"

Well....here is the reality...

Solar panels are not new...they have been perfected and proven to work.

So what is the issue?

People wont spend the money to have them installed...not now......no one wants to get their initial installation investment back over a 10 year period..

It is not rocket science. This is not the time to expect middle class America to spend more money now to save money down the road.

Jeez...it is basic economic logic.

No need to be all butthurt.

It's not a celebration, merely a validation of what we figgered all along. You Lefties should listen to us more.

What exactly have you figured? That oil based energy is the only solution that will ever work?

China is now at the leading edge in solar and other alternative energies. While the US treated energy as a political football, Chinas government stepped in and subsidized alternative energy

The US has missed the boat. Where those jobs could be generated from the United States, now we will go to China for solar supplies.

I didnt say that.

The wrong time?

Tell me we have 4% unemployment, a balanced budget, a surplus...and then you can say "wrong time is a bad excuise"...

But now? Even you said "we were on the brink of a depression"....and even you said "the middle class is suffering"

So what is the issue?

People wont spend the money to have them installed...not now......no one wants to get their initial installation investment back over a 10 year period..

It is not rocket science. This is not the time to expect middle class America to spend more money now to save money down the road.

There is no better time. The energy void is there, the worldwide market is there. Waiting until we think the economy is right means someone else wil take the lead

The Government has always taken the lead in key research and development. We did it with aircraft, communications, medicine, space........why isn't energy worth the risk

It's not a celebration, merely a validation of what we figgered all along. You Lefties should listen to us more.

What exactly have you figured? That oil based energy is the only solution that will ever work?

China is now at the leading edge in solar and other alternative energies. While the US treated energy as a political football, Chinas government stepped in and subsidized alternative energy

The US has missed the boat. Where those jobs could be generated from the United States, now we will go to China for solar supplies.

Then why is China importing oil at record levels?

The Chinese are laughing their asses off at us... and rightly so.

I didnt say that.

The wrong time?

So what is the issue?

Did I say they answer was solar panels in everyone's house is the answer? No, I did not. The fact is I don't know the answer.

You pulling stuff like "you said ______________ about the economy" is just weak flailing on your part find anything to come up with to oppose/and or derail the convo regarding green energy R&D programs, which in case you haven't noticed, is what I am arguing for. I'm not some fool that is going to fall into that kind of a rhetorical trap. You're "hey look something shiny" attempts are transparent and empty.

The wrong time?

So what is the issue?

There is no better time. The energy void is there, the worldwide market is there. Waiting until we think the economy is right means someone else wil take the lead

The Government has always taken the lead in key research and development. We did it with aircraft, communications, medicine, space........why isn't energy worth the risk

Energy IS worth the risk.

But sadly we are in no position to take the risk.

Sure..China can take the risk...they pay their workers enough money to buy enough rice for one meal a day fgor a family of 4....

But we have a 15 trillion dollar debt. We can not risk.

Take Solyndra....maybe that half a billion dollars could have assisted some people who were about to lose their homes?

Just sayin'

Yes they are...

While the US dickers over a nonexistent energy policy, they are leading the world in developing new technologies and we will go begging to them

The wrong time?

So what is the issue?

Did I say they answer was solar panels in everyone's house is the answer? No, I did not. The fact is I don't know the answer.

You pulling stuff like "you said ______________ about the economy" is just weak flailing on your part find anything to come up with to oppose/and or derail the convo regarding green energy R&D programs, which in case you haven't noticed, is what I am arguing for. I'm not some fool that is going to fall into that kind of a rhetorical trap. You're "hey look something shiny" attempts are transparent and empty.

Did my best to debate you Article...but once again, you allowed your childish arrogance to get in the way.

No interest here.

Yes they are...

While the US dickers over a nonexistent energy policy, they are leading the world in developing new technologies and we will go begging to them

Sorry, oil is our future into the near future... alternatives will be developed when viable, and... <gasp> necessary.

So what is the issue?

Did my best to debate you Article...but once again, you allowed your childish arrogance to get in the way.

No interest here.

Naw, you did what you like to do sometimes.....go into hack mode. I'm not about to entertain such nonsense and when you do that I call it out. Simple as that.

So what is the issue?

Energy IS worth the risk.

But sadly we are in no position to take the risk.

Sure..China can take the risk...they pay their workers enough money to buy enough rice for one meal a day fgor a family of 4....

But we have a 15 trillion dollar debt. We can not risk.

Take Solyndra....maybe that half a billion dollars could have assisted some people who were about to lose their homes?

Just sayin'

All new technologies have their risk. When oil was first emerging as an energy source, you had to drill ten holes to get one to pay off. There was no market, there were failures......but it eventually paid off big time

I just can't understand why anyone would celebrate theses failures. Solyndra failed and the right gloated, the Chevy Volt had recalls and it was lead story on Fox for weeks.

Since 1975 we have seen the need to develop new technologies to replace oil technologies. Every time there is an oil crisis we scream for new technologies and then dump them as soon as cheap oil is flowing again.

Energy is not a political issue, it is for the better of all Americans

No interest here.

Naw, you did what you like to do sometimes.....go into hack mode. I'm not about to entertain such nonsense and when you do that I call it out. Simple as that.

lol....and you deny it is your arrogance.

Uh....yes it is. You just proved it....again.

Simple as that.

Now my turn to be arrogant. One with your "I am always right" arttitude is not worth my time to debate.

It's not the green energy's fault the owners are taking the government stimulus and giving it back to the guy that stole it from the American people to begin with.

I'm all for "GREEN", I just don't think politicians are the ones that should be selling it. Private investors + private money = successful business, Americans win and have real jobs. Government - campaign contributions = business failures, Americans lose and it costs them more than just money.
Do you think that oil has never accepted any federal money for development, exploration or transportation? Was the oil business in this or any other country one founded upon and sustained exclusively by private investment?

Is this why Conservatives find carbon fuel so noble? If it is, it goes to prove my theory that Conservatives are poor students of history.

Oil has a proven track record and use of oil works. The Chevy Volt, not so much.

Politics aside, what is to be gained if Green Energy fails as an alternative energy source? Isn't having alternatives to big oil a benefit for this country? Why is it official GOP policy that Drill, baby drill is the only acceptable answer to our energy needs?

All new technologies suffer failures. More money has been lost in this country by speculative oil failures than anything else

Why the celebrations?

Kind of suck's for you since you aren't getting the response you were looking for don't it?

I am getting exactly the responses I expected

Forum List

Back