Why do Republicans celebrate the failure of Green Energy

Politics aside, what is to be gained if Green Energy fails as an alternative energy source? Isn't having alternatives to big oil a benefit for this country? Why is it official GOP policy that Drill, baby drill is the only acceptable answer to our energy needs?

All new technologies suffer failures. More money has been lost in this country by speculative oil failures than anything else

Why the celebrations?

What kind of Bullshit are you peddling?

All Politics aside? A bit Hypocritical?

What is different with Green Energy Technologies and the Practices in Pushing it?

You don't get what you pay for.

It's subsided unfairly.

You pass Laws effecting Industries before solutions are even invented or discovered, based on imagination and supposition. Could you be more juvenile or irresponsible there?

How about we look at Natural Gas? Being that you are so Non Political. Problems with Methane seeping all around the planet, God, not like there is anything we can do with clean burning Natural Gas, now is there?

With all of the Drought concerns, Flood Water concerns, the last thing we need is Dams and reservoirs, right? There's Irrigation, Fire-Control, Recreation, Drinking Water, benefits. Now I know how insignificant that all is to you, with your Humanitarian, concerns, especially seeing how Non Partisan you are in all of your solutions in how to have more control over our lives, for better or worse, mostly worse, so I get it. I feel the love.

Actually, I'm just kind of hoping that the government will learn its lesson and not 'invest' in any particular 'new technology' directly. Do it through tax incentives for R&D but investing in specific companies damages competition and that is bad for the green energy sector. The more innovation we have, the better off we will be. Let the private sector invest, let the inventors invent and let the government provide a stable economic environment, and incentives for development.

This should not be rocket science.

Ah, a sensible response, from someone who actually thinks for herself!

Careful, you'll lose your membership card that way. ;)

Don't think anyone is celebrating the failure of green energy.

We're just disgusted with our tax dollars being wasted on failed green companies.

Govt should never be in the business of picking winners and losers. That should be up the private sector with private funding.

The govt has been involved in picking winners and losers for a couple of centuries.

The transcontinental railroad?
The panama canal?
War contracts?
Many construction projects.
etc.

The distinction Einstein, is either by Consent, or against the consent of the Governed.

There are Issues that are Supported, and there are issues that are not. Get it?

We're just disgusted with our tax dollars being wasted on failed green companies.

Govt should never be in the business of picking winners and losers. That should be up the private sector with private funding.

The govt has been involved in picking winners and losers for a couple of centuries.

The panama canal?
War contracts?
etc.

Are you really equating the Transcontinental Railroad and the Panama Canal with the Chevy Volt?

Because it's not economically viable now is the reason why money should be spent on R&D to come up with technology, innovations, and new energies so it becomes economically viable.

Again, that attitude is short sighted and off-base.
Well, then if you have such vision, put your own money at risk, rather than looting the federal treasury and, ultimately, my pocket.

Talk about off base.

Talk about a predictable response.

Like it or not government money plays a role now and will continue to play a big role in solving issues like this that involve the entire nation.

You will gnash, we will move forward.
Talk about a predictable deflection.

That my pocket is being picked exists as proof that you can't make these scams turn a buck on their own.

Your moral superiorist attitude that you're "solving issues", that others are just too short sighted to see, doesn't help your case.

Politics aside, what is to be gained if Green Energy fails as an alternative energy source? Isn't having alternatives to big oil a benefit for this country? Why is it official GOP policy that Drill, baby drill is the only acceptable answer to our energy needs?

All new technologies suffer failures. More money has been lost in this country by speculative oil failures than anything else

Why the celebrations?

because it makes them feel vindicated so they can shriek "drill baby drill"

The panama canal?
War contracts?
etc.

Sooooooo........don't you think it's time to stop all if it when there is no money give?? Is it time we changed the way government spends taxpayer money? Do we continue to throw taxpayer money to businesses that only give it back in campaign contributions.

The way we always do things isn't working. The government needs to get out of business. They have no clue what they are doing.

RW:

They're not celebrating the failure of green energy, which hasn't failed, but the failure of a few green energy COMPANIES, which they hope to leverage into slowing down the SUCCESS of green energy and thus maximizing the profits that the fossil-fuel industry can claim before it's all over.

I'm speaking of those who orchestrate the campaign, of course. The posters here, I'm reasonably certain, are manipulated dupes, not the masterminds.

That's just posturing, Dragon. Opposition to subsidies is a principled position, not a state of delusion.

What we should all be yelling from the rooftops is that the oil industry has received far, far more in the way of government subsidy - and outright collusion, than green energy likely ever will. But the answer isn't remedial subsidies. We can play that game from here to eternity. We won't have anything like just governance until we get the state OUT of the business of deciding who makes money and who doesn't.

They were origionally against the automobile as well. Horsey luddites.

I am noit against green energy.

I just cant afford to have it implemented now.

The green energy manufacturers want me to pay them lots of money now for long term savings...

I like the idea...but I am not prepared to separate myself from lots of money now....for I have no idea where the economy is going...and for all I know, that 20K will be needed to feed my family next year.

You are making the mistake of looking at it through your own individual situation.

really?

No.

If times were good in America yet I was struggling due to health, or hatred of my job I quite...then yes....I would be making that mistake.

But it is quite obvious that "my situation" is the same as most all around.

Or is it BS that the economy is struggling, the middle calss is decreasing in size and income has decreased amongst most Americans while prices have increased.

Which one is it?

That's just posturing, Dragon. Opposition to subsidies is a principled position, not a state of delusion.

I wasn't talking about you, or anyone else who takes such a principled position. You know very well that over half the conservative posters here are just regurgitating talking points they get from one propaganda source or another.

What we should all be yelling from the rooftops is that the oil industry has received far, far more in the way of government subsidy - and outright collusion, than green energy likely ever will.

And that recognition is what distinguishes you from them.

I actually think at this point that dropping the fossil-fuel subsidies would probably do enough that no affirmative help from the government for green energy would be needed. But we would have to be prepared for the howls as gas prices double.

Last edited:

Why the celebrations?

because it makes them feel vindicated so they can shriek "drill baby drill"

No, we are vindicated because once again, the left's delusional flights of fancy have failed... as predicted.

Reality check hun.

Last edited:
I guess I could start a thread that says..

"why did the left celebrate when WMD's were not found in Iraq"

Nah...

it will be the same thread as this one, but the sides reversed.

I am noit against green energy.

I just cant afford to have it implemented now.

The green energy manufacturers want me to pay them lots of money now for long term savings...

I like the idea...but I am not prepared to separate myself from lots of money now....for I have no idea where the economy is going...and for all I know, that 20K will be needed to feed my family next year.

You are making the mistake of looking at it through your own individual situation.

really?

No.

If times were good in America yet I was struggling due to health, or hatred of my job I quite...then yes....I would be making that mistake.

Or is it BS that the economy is struggling, the middle calss is decreasing in size and income has decreased amongst most Americans while prices have increased.

Which one is it?

Frankly, it's neither.

The attitude that times are bad so we shouldn't be investing in green energy is again ... off base and short sighted.

Actually, I'm just kind of hoping that the government will learn its lesson and not 'invest' in any particular 'new technology' directly. Do it through tax incentives for R&D but investing in specific companies damages competition and that is bad for the green energy sector. The more innovation we have, the better off we will be. Let the private sector invest, let the inventors invent and let the government provide a stable economic environment, and incentives for development.

This should not be rocket science.

Ah, a sensible response, from someone who actually thinks for herself!

Careful, you'll lose your membership card that way. ;)
What she has done is point out the difference between the military setting out a spec for a new aircraft and the manufacturers risking their own capital, and companies like Solyndra getting outright political payola.

Maybe if you can quit gazing at yourself in the mirror long enough.....:lol:

Why the celebrations?

What kind of Bullshit are you peddling?

All Politics aside? A bit Hypocritical?

What is different with Green Energy Technologies and the Practices in Pushing it?

You don't get what you pay for.

It's subsided unfairly.

You pass Laws effecting Industries before solutions are even invented or discovered, based on imagination and supposition. Could you be more juvenile or irresponsible there?

How about we look at Natural Gas? Being that you are so Non Political. Problems with Methane seeping all around the planet, God, not like there is anything we can do with clean burning Natural Gas, now is there?

With all of the Drought concerns, Flood Water concerns, the last thing we need is Dams and reservoirs, right? There's Irrigation, Fire-Control, Recreation, Drinking Water, benefits. Now I know how insignificant that all is to you, with your Humanitarian, concerns, especially seeing how Non Partisan you are in all of your solutions in how to have more control over our lives, for better or worse, mostly worse, so I get it. I feel the love.
Natural gas! Brilliant! Ah, but the government is subsidizing the development of natural gas too!

Damn it! Are there no energy sources free of government money?

I guess not.

So why chase our tails around the limited and polluting sources like fossil fuels?

Because it's what we know and we're fearful of things unfamiliar.

really?

No.

Which one is it?

Frankly, it's neither.

The attitude that times are bad so we shouldn't be investing in green energy is again ... off base and short sighted.

Oh palease... the whole thing's been a bust and frankly, just payout to the Obama faithful. When an investment is a total bust and costs the taxpayers BILLIONS, it's time to stop investing.

Celebrating the failure of green energy?? HARDLY... I, and others like me, fully support research and use of ALL forms of energy to see which is most viable and cost effective...

Nice try though, wrongwinger

Yep!

In 2003, Romney launched the Massachussetts Green Energy Fund, a $15 million project aimed at providing “an opportunity to capitalize on two emerging trends: the growing level of investment interest in clean energy and the importance of Massachusetts’ academic and corporate R&D in forming clean energy technology companies,” according to its website.

At the time, Romney called the fund a “springboard for the commonwealth by focusing on job creation in the renewable energy sector.”

And it is in the nature of venture funds that some of their projects fail. That’s why the private sector funds can get such high returns, and why some energy projects seen as having a huge public upside — from nuclear to solar — have convinced government officials to back them.

And so while Romney has criticized Solyndra on the campaign trail as a major failure of the Obama administration, his Green Energy Fund invested in several companies that have since failed or not lived up to expectations.

Romney's $15 Million Green Energy Fund | StateImpact Pennsylvania

Last edited:
Well, then if you have such vision, put your own money at risk, rather than looting the federal treasury and, ultimately, my pocket.

Talk about off base.

Talk about a predictable response.

Like it or not government money plays a role now and will continue to play a big role in solving issues like this that involve the entire nation.

You will gnash, we will move forward.
Talk about a predictable deflection.

That my pocket is being picked exists as proof that you can't make these scams turn a buck on their own.

Your moral superiorist attitude that you're "solving issues", that others are just too short sighted to see, doesn't help your case.

Like I said....it's not economically viable now. If it was and if it was something in which a buck could me made off of now and be something beyond a novelty for the fringe and wealthy, the private sector would be all over it.

It's not so here we are.

I consider where the "it's my money, you do it with your own" source is coming from and I disregard it. I like you but you would have been against using tax dollars to build the highway system back in the day.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back