Why do Republicans celebrate the failure of Green Energy

RW:

They're not celebrating the failure of green energy, which hasn't failed, but the failure of a few green energy COMPANIES, which they hope to leverage into slowing down the SUCCESS of green energy and thus maximizing the profits that the fossil-fuel industry can claim before it's all over.

I'm speaking of those who orchestrate the campaign, of course. The posters here, I'm reasonably certain, are manipulated dupes, not the masterminds.

Politics aside, what is to be gained if Green Energy fails as an alternative energy source? Isn't having alternatives to big oil a benefit for this country? Why is it official GOP policy that Drill, baby drill is the only acceptable answer to our energy needs?

All new technologies suffer failures. More money has been lost in this country by speculative oil failures than anything else

Why the celebrations?

They were origionally against the automobile as well. Horsey luddites.

I am noit against green energy.

I just cant afford to have it implemented now.

The green energy manufacturers want me to pay them lots of money now for long term savings...

I like the idea...but I am not prepared to separate myself from lots of money now....for I have no idea where the economy is going...and for all I know, that 20K will be needed to feed my family next year.

How is your home heated ?
What's your car run on ?
Who provides your home with electricity ?

You want to replace all that with solar panels, windmills and a Chevy Volt (which isn't worth a shit) at tens of thousands of dollars for installation and maintenance, knock yourself out.

I can't afford to.

Short sighted and off base.........

Not really...

There is a time and a palce for everything.

When unemployment is at 8.5-10% and When middle class America is struggling to keep up with their existing cost of living is by no means the time to expect that those same middle class Americans will invest lots of money now in green energy for long term savings.

To invest 20K for me to have solar panels installed so I can save 2000 a year in heating bills sounds great in the long run......but who wants to take the chance now by letting go of 20K?

Because it's not economically viable now is the reason why money should be spent on R&D to come up with technology, innovations, and new energies so it becomes economically viable.

Again, that attitude is short sighted and off-base.

It's not the green energy's fault the owners are taking the government stimulus and giving it back to the guy that stole it from the American people to begin with.

I'm all for "GREEN", I just don't think politicians are the ones that should be selling it. Private investors + private money = successful business, Americans win and have real jobs. Government - campaign contributions = business failures, Americans lose and it costs them more than just money.
Do you think that oil has never accepted any federal money for development, exploration or transportation? Was the oil business in this or any other country one founded upon and sustained exclusively by private investment?

Is this why Conservatives find carbon fuel so noble? If it is, it goes to prove my theory that Conservatives are poor students of history.

Where did I say I support Government oil subsidies?? Don't spin my words. This is a great opportunity for a real business person to make some $, with private investors. There's a need, there's a market niche but no one wants to go green without American taxpayers footing the bill.
Do you know when oil companies first started getting subsidies?? I do.
So you support subsidies for development of sustainable energy sources.

Politics aside, what is to be gained if Green Energy fails as an alternative energy source? Isn't having alternatives to big oil a benefit for this country? Why is it official GOP policy that Drill, baby drill is the only acceptable answer to our energy needs?

All new technologies suffer failures. More money has been lost in this country by speculative oil failures than anything else

Why the celebrations?

They were origionally against the automobile as well. Horsey luddites.

I am noit against green energy.

I just cant afford to have it implemented now.

The green energy manufacturers want me to pay them lots of money now for long term savings...

I like the idea...but I am not prepared to separate myself from lots of money now....for I have no idea where the economy is going...and for all I know, that 20K will be needed to feed my family next year.

You are making the mistake of looking at it through your own individual situation.

Because it's not economically viable now is the reason why money should be spent on R&D to come up with technology, innovations, and new energies so it becomes economically viable.

Well, then if you have such vision, put your own money at risk, rather than looting the federal treasury and, ultimately, my pocket.

Talk about off base.

Why the celebrations?

Well, at least you admit it is a failure.

What we are really celebrating is the failure of attempts at a command/control economy.

It's also untrue that it isn't economically viable now. The technology has already been developed, although there are further improvements on the cutting edge. (Unfortunately, some of the improved competitiveness comes from increasing fossil-fuel prices rather than tech improvements to solar and wind; the lines crossed about a year ago.)

Don't think anyone is celebrating the failure of green energy.

We're just disgusted with our tax dollars being wasted on failed green companies.

Govt should never be in the business of picking winners and losers. That should be up the private sector with private funding.

It's also untrue that it isn't economically viable now. The technology has already been developed, although there are further improvements on the cutting edge. (Unfortunately, some of the improved competitiveness comes from increasing fossil-fuel prices rather than tech improvements to solar and wind; the lines crossed about a year ago.)

Ok, if it is economically viable, then why isn't it?

:lol:

Why the celebrations?
I hope you are not expecting an honest answer from CON$ who are too dishonest to even admit they are celebrating!

RW:

They're not celebrating the failure of green energy, which hasn't failed, but the failure of a few green energy COMPANIES, which they hope to leverage into slowing down the SUCCESS of green energy and thus maximizing the profits that the fossil-fuel industry can claim before it's all over.

I'm speaking of those who orchestrate the campaign, of course. The posters here, I'm reasonably certain, are manipulated dupes, not the masterminds.

Actually, I'm just kind of hoping that the government will learn its lesson and not 'invest' in any particular 'new technology' directly. Do it through tax incentives for R&D but investing in specific companies damages competition and that is bad for the green energy sector. The more innovation we have, the better off we will be. Let the private sector invest, let the inventors invent and let the government provide a stable economic environment, and incentives for development.

This should not be rocket science.

We're just disgusted with our tax dollars being wasted on failed green companies.

Govt should never be in the business of picking winners and losers. That should be up the private sector with private funding.
What an odd thing for a Conservative to say, considering their stance on the tax code and their propensity to fight foreigners for oil.

Well, then if you have such vision, put your own money at risk, rather than looting the federal treasury and, ultimately, my pocket.

Talk about off base.

Talk about a predictable response.

Like it or not government money plays a role now and will continue to play a big role in solving issues like this that involve the entire nation.

You will gnash, we will move forward.

If it were economically viable, then wealthy people who always need to have the latest and greatest (the same people who bought wide screen plazma teevees and DVD players when they were still rather expensive) would've been installing them in their homes for as long as they have been...Likewise, there also would've been investors smelling a profit lined up around the block.

But they aren't, so they haven't been.

Why the celebrations?
I hope you are not expecting an honest answer from CON$ who are too dishonest to even admit they are celebrating!

You're in no position to lecture anyone n honesty... you can't even own up to the inherent dishonesty of the green movement.

it is economically viable now?

Really?

Are you aware of how much it will copst to retrofit a house for green energy?

My heating company offered to sell me a hot water system that is energy efficient well beyond the one I have now.

The prioce to install it?

7,000 plus any extras that may arise during installation.

Estimated savings per year?

$700.

Am I prepared to spend 7K now to get my return on investment over 10 years?

No.

Maybe if I see an economy that is truly getting better I will th8ink otherwise.

But right now? I am keeping all costs at a bare minimum.

Talk about off base.

Talk about a predictable response.

Like it or not government money plays a role now and will continue to play a big role in solving issues like this that involve the entire nation.

You will gnash, we will move forward.

What issues? That we need expensive windmills and battery operated cars to offset the gazillions of barrels of readily available and cheap oil?

The govt has been involved in picking winners and losers for a couple of centuries.

Paul Revere selling copper to clad warships?
The transcontinental railroad?
The panama canal?
War contracts?
Many construction projects.
etc.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back