Why do real men buy flowers?

im a big fan of giving flowers during the year other than valentines day. it's more spontaneous without a hallmark holiday reminder. Also, mixing it up a bit instead of buying red roses all the time is a winner too.
Carnations are nice too.

Roses are cool, they are fairly easy to grow...at least here in the dessert...deep water a couple times a week.

I might pick up a hand full of flowers on a lark, usually carnatins mixed in with some other stuff, but my method is more along the lines of, I'll put in a watering system and dig some holes...help you get set up...you want pretty, fresh, awesome smelling roses...take care of the damn things...at least that's what I tell my woman.

Whenever i send them to my wife the first thing she asks is " What did you do wrong ? " ........

In high school, I found a vine of sweet peas growing in an alleyway that I drove as a shortcut on my way home. I rolled down the window, plucked a few, and gave them to the g/f. Fast forward 35 years- whenever I see that flower growing along the roadside I stop and pick out a handful for that same girl.

When we got married we were worse than broke. On the morning of our wedding we took a walk in the country, picking wildflowers along the roadside. That was her wedding bouquet.

Keep it simple, stupids.

Of course, mention a woman's favourite flower to some men and they get hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Many aspects of human sexuality are very puzzling, take celibacy.

This can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by environmental
factors.

While attending a Marriage Encounter Weekend, Tony and Margaret
listened to the instructor declare 'It is essential that husbands and
wives know the things that are important to each other.'

He addressed the men. 'Can you each name and describe your wife's
favourite flower?'

Tony leaned over, touched Margaret's arm gently and whispered...

'Self-raising, isn't it?'

Thus began Tony's life of celibacy.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
In high school, I found a vine of sweet peas growing in an alleyway that I drove as a shortcut on my way home. I rolled down the window, plucked a few, and gave them to the g/f. Fast forward 35 years- whenever I see that flower growing along the roadside I stop and pick out a handful for that same girl.

When we got married we were worse than broke. On the morning of our wedding we took a walk in the country, picking wildflowers along the roadside. That was her wedding bouquet.

Keep it simple, stupids.

Now that's how you give a woman flowers! :clap2:

Doesn't always turn out well, i had them thrown at me more then once.

I once warned someone to NEVER buy me flowers to make up for an argument. The warning was heeded, good thing :eusa_angel:

He always bought them for no reason, other than he wanted me to know he loved me.

That's what I'm talking about. :clap2: My husband has figured this out, though from time to time, I still get a special delivery. :D

Alright darlin', you talked me into it...when I show up I shall have to try and find a purple rose to bring with.
Oh be still my heart.

Take the red eye, baby!! :D

Heading that way from Marty's, they may be a bit bloodshot...:lol:

Forum List

Back